Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:48:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380958 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:30:19 AM

Ehm... the difficulty retarget doesn't seem to work correct at all!

How come the devs don't recognize such a obvious problem?

The oscillations are ridiculous!!! Something is VERY wrong here.

What is even more annoying is a few miners do not support the network at all, they wait until the difficulty drops to an insanely low rate then point a bunch of hashing power at one of the pools. They then mine a bunch of coins really quickly while the miners that actually support the network get almost no coins for their efforts during this time due to the very quick turn around the larger miners are able to produce blocks, leaving smaller miners with no shares. This then drives the difficulty way up and they leave the smaller miners to support the network and mine for another 20-22 hours for almost no reward.

The miner e5e on yacoin club is one of the worst offenders. All he is doing is taking a bunch of coins and offering no network support at all.

The oscillation of the difficulty needs to be fixed, this is a joke.

As long as the difficulty retarget keeps being a joke and allows for such huge oscillation, it will get exploited. It's not the miners fault they don't mine when the difficulty is so high that they are just wasting electricity.

The difficulty doesn't adjust if the TWO miners that actually support the network stop mining. So e5e is a complete a**hole and is taking advantage of the TWO miners that actually are keeping this coin alive. Guess what, if everyone was like e5e the coin would die and then it's value would be next to nothing. So no, it's not a waste of electricity to support a coin that you mine.

e5e is defecating where he eats by mining this coin for 30 minutes a day for a reward of like 10,000 per day while the other miners get very little for what they do in exchange for allowing him to be able to exploit it. I guess those 2 miners should stop wasting electricity and let the coin die.

I think you should read up on what the difficulty actually means because apparently you have absolutely no idea.

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MightSellIt

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:54:36 AM

It's obvious that this mess have been made on purpose by devs. They are buying up cheap coins, and then when fix is released they will pump the price.
RichardMiner

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 05:16:14 PM

Since 14-11-2015 my wallet runs smootly again and i get staked coins, also today.
Almost no orphan stakes.

Recieving and sending works oke.

So no problem with my wallet at all....

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
bret

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:15:00 PM

What is even more annoying is a few miners do not support the network at all, they wait until the difficulty drops to an insanely low rate then point a bunch of hashing power at one of the pools. They then mine a bunch of coins really quickly while the miners that actually support the network get almost no coins for their efforts during this time due to the very quick turn around the larger miners are able to produce blocks, leaving smaller miners with no shares. This then drives the difficulty way up and they leave the smaller miners to support the network and mine for another 20-22 hours for almost no reward.

The miner e5e on yacoin club is one of the worst offenders. All he is doing is taking a bunch of coins and offering no network support at all.

As long as the difficulty retarget keeps being a joke and allows for such huge oscillation, it will get exploited. It's not the miners fault they don't mine when the difficulty is so high that they are just wasting electricity.

The difficulty doesn't adjust if the TWO miners that actually support the network stop mining. So e5e is a complete a**hole and is taking advantage of the TWO miners that actually are keeping this coin alive. Guess what, if everyone was like e5e the coin would die and then it's value would be next to nothing. So no, it's not a waste of electricity to support a coin that you mine.

e5e is defecating where he eats by mining this coin for 30 minutes a day for a reward of like 10,000 per day while the other miners get very little for what they do in exchange for allowing him to be able to exploit it. I guess those 2 miners should stop wasting electricity and let the coin die.

I think you should read up on what the difficulty actually means because apparently you have absolutely no idea.

uh... if the other miners stop mining then blocks are not minted and difficulty does not adjust. I understand it just fine. The only thing pushing the difficulty forward (up or down) is the miners that mine during the times when the difficulty is completely out of whack. Staking does not adjust the mining difficulty so it will ONLY adjust when people are mining. Clearly YOU have no idea how difficulty adjustments work.

Seriously why are you even carrying this conversation forward, it's like you are rooting for the guys that are destroying the coin and the network stability. Get lost.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:21:14 PM

uh... if the other miners stop mining then blocks are not minted and difficulty does not adjust. I understand it just fine. The only thing pushing the difficulty forward (up or down) is the miners that mine during the times when the difficulty is completely out of whack. Staking does not adjust the mining difficulty so it will ONLY adjust when people are mining. Clearly YOU have no idea how difficulty adjustments work.

Seriously why are you even carrying this conversation forward, it's like you are rooting for the guys that are destroying the coin and the network stability. Get lost.

I know exactly what I'm talking about and the difficulty retarget here is seriously flawed. It takes way too many blocks for it to actually retarget and by the time it tries to retarget it always way overshots the difficulty, this is why we have flashmine periods with very low difficulty (which doesn't change for hundreds of blocks) and barely any blocks with super high difficulty.

Not your keys, not your coins!
bret

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:06:56 AM

I know exactly what I'm talking about and the difficulty retarget here is seriously flawed. It takes way too many blocks for it to actually retarget and by the time it tries to retarget it always way overshots the difficulty, this is why we have flashmine periods with very low difficulty (which doesn't change for hundreds of blocks) and barely any blocks with super high difficulty.

Which is exactly what I said in the first place........ Try not to be such a keyboard thug. My whole point is that guys like e5e are exploiting the network and getting a BIG reward for it. Then there are a couple small miners that support the coin and the network (minting blocks during very lopsided difficulty periods). Those miners are getting little to no reward for supporting the coin and the network. Those small miners that are "wasting electricity" (as you put it) are what is enabling the difficulty to eventually retarget. And once it does retarget e5e comes in and steals all their coins. Either fix the pools so they pay over a 24 hour hashing average, or fix the coin. But doing nothing and continuing to allow people to exploit the coin is just really dumb.

This e5e guy is going to have a ton of coins and if/when the coin ever gets fixed and the value does rise, he WILL dump all his coins and crash the market. No matter what, he is (and people like him are) bad for the coin and something needs to be done.

At the very least force him to solo mine, it may make it more of a challenge for him to exploit the coin that way.
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:27:15 AM

Thanks for replying. I can understand your position but what Fuzzbawls said is also true especially about pools. I think this coin doesn't have a community backing it that believes in this coin. There are only profit seekers. I have seen MINT working great with donations from community & small core of believing investors rather than speculators. I guess if people start donating both money & expertise then only coin can survive. Its just not possible for two people to do everything. If there are others say 10 other people who want to donate I can donate too. Although I don't have a lot of money but whatever i can afford i will do. I hope you find some believers from crypto community rather than from outside to kick start things. This will relieve pressure of ROI for investors. When basic things like pools, explorers ie more than one, website, connection with exchanges & some volume & liquidity in trading etc are in place and your plans for a market are fully finished you can approach outside investors who don't understand crypto but want to invest for profit. I hope this makes sense.

I told them this before but they thought reducing block rewards was a good idea. We already had very little hashrate and now its all gone thanks to block reward reduction. Although i now understand that n-factor change was necessary. I think they need someone other than kracko to fix the problems, for 6 months clearly he has not been able to fix anything from pools to wallet. Thanks to aleneva we atleast have a working pool. Steven can't do anything marketing-wise unless coin itself & basic infrastructure around it starts working.
Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:55:06 PM

Do we have statistics somewhere of the biggest wallets? I'm starting to guess that a few are holding most of the coins by now  Roll Eyes

UTC UTC UTC
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:07:15 AM

Ladies and gentlemen we have liftoff!  Grin

Uggle - nice to hear from you

Remember this exactly 12 months ago to the day?

How far we have travelled.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Uggle

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:59:16 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 08:17:07 PM by Uggle

Ladies and gentlemen we have liftoff!  Grin

Uggle - nice to hear from you

Remember this exactly 12 months ago to the day?

How far we have travelled.

Cheers - usukan

Hello old friend  Grin Seems our beloved coin is still in an never ending loop of turmoil.

I have been watching from the sidelines  Cool

Hey everybody! I remember a time when everything looked much worse than this, we have seen lower prices than this, we've had exchanges screw us over in the past, but we have always recovered, and every time I have regretted not buying more when we were low. Mark my words, as long as we are here we have a chance.

Just remember Steven used to be called The Hammer, I´m sure he will show the way

UTC UTC UTC
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:38:09 AM

This e5e guy is going to have a ton of coins and if/when the coin ever gets fixed and the value does rise, he WILL dump all his coins and crash the market. No matter what, he is (and people like him are) bad for the coin and something needs to be done.

At the very least force him to solo mine, it may make it more of a challenge for him to exploit the coin that way.
Just ban his/her IP from the pools.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 07:21:11 PM

are you running other wallets? i got similar error due to conflict between two wallets i was running. i had to close one of them. i am assuming you exited UTC wallet before you got this error.
No, only this purse more any was started.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:08:07 AM

Has anybody managed to withdraw any UTC from Cryptsy lately?

I note that someone bought up over 600k UTC a few days back - I'm wondering if this is legit or if its Cryptsy buying? Sure it was a SELL but there was a willing buyer somewhere.

You would not buy that much if you could not get the UTC out - would you?

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:11:56 AM

I have not staked for a while - but its working rather well..............

--

--
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:18:07 PM

I note that someone bought up over 600k UTC a few days back - I'm wondering if this is legit or if its Cryptsy buying? Sure it was a SELL but there was a willing buyer somewhere.

Yes you can take it out....but not bitcoin .... so they bypass bitcoin wd with any crypto they can until they get their issue fixed.
Uggle

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:13:49 PM

I have not staked for a while - but its working rather well..............

Staking is working fine for me aswell, I just noticed that the new stakes does not show up on the quick transaction list of the wallets "home" page, but they do show if you navigate to the transactions tab. Sort by date and you will hopefulle see them.

UTC UTC UTC
bret

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:38:29 AM

Yes you can take it out....but not bitcoin .... so they bypass bitcoin wd with any crypto they can until they get their issue fixed.

How? It says the wallet is in maintenance mode and withdraws cannot be processed. It has been saying that for months now. Not sure anyone has been able to get UTC directly in/out of Cryptsy.
Roister01

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:32:17 PM

Same with me...for some insane reason I bought some UTC on cryptsy a few days ago, but couldn't withdraw them...
Roister01

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:56:44 PM

Hey folks....

All quiet on here lately! Anyone got any thoughts to discuss on how the changes are going, for us amateurs who don't really understand it?

How does it look for the future?

Cheers,

Roister01
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 01:15:10 PM

It's quiet because we have nothing to discuss. We are all waitin for our awful dev to leave so Steven can get someone in who knows what's he's doing. In the mean time we just sit and wait . . . What else can is investors do? We have done our bit and invested heavily in this project like the owners wanted.

If you take on the roll as an altcoin dev you don't do it for 20minutes a month as a hobby. People such as myself have invested $15k+ in this project.

Ultracoin needs to attract more buyers/community members. we had them but due to bad Dev work and management they have gone. a financial investor needs to be found! All top 10 coins have millions. We had the unique fast transaction speed. That was a very attractive selling point!

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: