Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380961 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:09:36 AM

Return of rapture333 (Steven)

Steven and I are now working closely together to move to the next stages of Ultracoin development.

Its going to be a little more exciting from now on.

Steven will post shortly

Basically - I will follow PressTab through to delivery of the tidied up code, retarget fix and liteStake code - Steven will take it from there but I will be around to assist wherever needed.

Steven will manage the fork etc with PressTab.

Steven will update the ANN, and Ultracoin website - and engage the social media channels.

I will let him talk about the other developments and marketing activities.

WELCOME BACK Steven

This is the dawn of a new era for ULTRACOIN

Cheers usukan

What would be a mistake is having this Steven, rapture333 stick around in any capacity. He is immature, unintelligent, irresponsible, lazy. I'm not sure he has made one good decision. The UTC network is a joke right now, and all he had to do was listen to reason. He needs to be completely divested from UTC if you want it to ever be taken seriously. I don't like to be negative, but come on. Welcoming this clown back?

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:08:20 AM

Thanks for your input on this Beave162 - hear what you are saying since I saw the continued and gradual demise of UTC unfold before my eyes.

I saw Steven working hard for UTC - but he was led on and lead astray by Kracko and a few other issues in the background with stakeholders. Steven fully realises this now.

The current community welcomed Steven back unanimously and with strong support.

So Steven is back.

I think its fair to say he has learnt a bit from his previous exploits and he will be unlikely to repeat his mistakes - which he is well aware of. This is how you learn and get better at the job.

In the future - UTC will be run by the genuine and committed members of the Community.  The Community will direct the UTC Committee and the Committee will manage development etc.  It will be up to the Leader and Committee to follow the wishes of the Community.  Not the Community to follow the wishes of any leader.

The overwhelming sentiment was that Kracko was actually the clown and he will not be coming back.

Community members who support UTC Dev by doing work or contributing funds to projects will be the key to the future of UTC.

That said - any projects or Committee members who lose the support of the Community - will be history.

Cheers - usukan

Steven and I are now working closely together to move to the next stages of Ultracoin development.

Steven will post shortly

Basically - I will follow PressTab through to delivery of the tidied up code, retarget fix and liteStake code - Steven will take it from there but I will be around to assist wherever needed.

Steven will update the ANN, and Ultracoin website - and engage the social media channels.

WELCOME BACK Steven

Cheers usukan

What would be a mistake is having this Steven, rapture333 stick around in any capacity. He is immature, unintelligent, irresponsible, lazy. I'm not sure he has made one good decision. The UTC network is a joke right now, and all he had to do was listen to reason. He needs to be completely divested from UTC if you want it to ever be taken seriously. I don't like to be negative, but come on. Welcoming this clown back?

--

--
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:06:41 AM

Thanks for your input on this Beave162 - hear what you are saying since I saw the continued and gradual demise of UTC unfold before my eyes.

I saw Steven working hard for UTC - but he was led on and lead astray by Kracko and a few other issues in the background with stakeholders. Steven fully realises this now.

The current community welcomed Steven back unanimously and with strong support.

So Steven is back.

I think its fair to say he has learnt a bit from his previous exploits and he will be unlikely to repeat his mistakes - which he is well aware of. This is how you learn and get better at the job.

In the future - UTC will be run by the genuine and committed members of the Community.  The Community will direct the UTC Committee and the Committee will manage development etc.  It will be up to the Leader and Committee to follow the wishes of the Community.  Not the Community to follow the wishes of any leader.

The overwhelming sentiment was that Kracko was actually the clown and he will not be coming back.

Community members who support UTC Dev by doing work or contributing funds to projects will be the key to the future of UTC.

That said - any projects or Committee members who lose the support of the Community - will be history.

Cheers - usukan

Steven will post shortly

WELCOME BACK Steven

Cheers usukan

I can't argue with that commentary on Kracko.

But Kracko revealed red flags. I pointed it out on this thread. I was ignored. Look what happened.

I won't continue with the negativity after this post. I stick by my opinion that Steven, rapture333 needs to sail into the sunset. He hyped up everything beyond reality, exploited donations to take trips (which did nothing), and he completely abandoned all of his 'followers' for months when UTC was technically, fundamentally broken (Kracko's fault or not). I am just telling you objectively that any serious investor would view him as poison.

The choice is yours, I guess. There is still hope for UTC after the retargetting issue is finally fixed. There is something to look forward to!

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:37:46 AM

Thanks Beave - yes there is more than hope and a lot to look fwd to in UTC.  We will be taking it slowly but surely.

The long game wins.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:05:22 AM

on a Finance note

We have in the UTC Dev Fund
https://blockchain.info/address/1LpFmfieMBH63ivFA1Us5ju1jnH9CSccKZ

0.64637278 BTC

fabietech has pledged and additional 0.312 BTC

So our current total will be:

0.95837278 BTC

We need to have 1.2 approx BTC by the end of the week.

The shortfall is:

0.24162722 BTC

One more 10% contribution @ 0.312 BTC will cover this.

Additionally - we need to pay for the liteStake addition to the UTC wallet.

Its best we get PressTab onto this while he is focussed on UTC at present.

Cost 0.72 BTC

So total left to raise to complete these 3 projects is:

0.962 BTC

If anyone else in the Community wishes to support this work - we are very happy to hear from you now.

Any contributions large or small will be gratefully received and put to good use with PressTab.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
alenevaa

Activity: 288
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 07:31:02 AM

As far as I can remember I faced with several type of errors/bugs while using ultracoin wallet on the pool.

1. Wrong balance by command listaccounts.
It's about 4 times more than actual balance. As the command getbalance gives (more or less) right sum.

Does anybody else have this bug?

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
Where DAO Unicorns are born
|
1st Bitcoin & Ethereum DAO for DAOs
1st Decentralized Chatbot to Smart Contracts Interaction System

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

alenevaa

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 07:40:41 AM

2. Wrong Net Hashrate calulation by command getmininginfo

Code:
ultracoind getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 1692937,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00099616,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 611210,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "Nfactor" : 14,
    "N" : 32768,
    "powreward" : 0.01000000
}

In this example net hashrate is more than 600 KHash/s. As actual hashrate is slightly more than 100 KHash/s.

Also you can note  "powreward" : 0.01000000
But it should be 10.

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
|

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

alenevaa

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 07:55:13 AM

3. When wallet makes the transaction gathered from many inputs it can include as one input the PoS TX not fully confirmed yet.

As a result TX is not sending immediately because wallet gets the RPC error.
 This TX sends after a while (from several hours to one day) or it can be stuck completely and it needs manual resend.

I don't have examples but I've seen this anomaly several times.

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
|

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:44:14 AM

Thanks Alenevaa - I have sent these 3 issues directly to PressTab

Cheers - usukan

3. When wallet makes the transaction gathered from many inputs it can include as one input the PoS TX not fully confirmed yet.

As a result TX is not sending immediately because wallet gets the RPC error.
 This TX sends after a while (from several hours to one day) or it can be stuck completely and it needs manual resend.

I don't have examples but I've seen this anomaly several times.

--

--
Roister01

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:38:10 AM

Hi Usukan,

From reading the last few posts, I agree with you that leaving the block reward at 10 is essential for the time being, at least until the coin has reestablished itself firmly in the world of crypto. I obviously don't know enough about the NFactor, though as folks say, 14 or 15 both sound fine. However, I assume the issue with 15 is around the lite wallets? If it is, this needs to be considered seriously beforehand..I still maintain that reliable, easy to use android/apple wallets, and PC wallets are vital.

Regarding the point that Beave makes, around concerns around Rapture. Beave has been around a good while, and seems to talk a lot of sense. I am aware that since Stevens return, he has only made one post, even after we had voiced concerns about needing regular contact via this forum. Admittedly, you have been keeping us informed marvellously well...my concern is what will happen when you take a more back seat role..will communication die off again?

Just my concerns...thank you though for your fantastic support that you have provided so far...

Roister
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:48:15 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 11:03:51 AM by usukan

Hi Roister

WRT Steven - he has been holding off while I sort these projects with PressTab and funding - and we have a clear strategy going fwd. The strategy is now close to fruition and its time for him to step back in.

We have discussed and we know our respective tasks going fwd.

Never fear - I will keep the Community informed - even if Steven and I are busy in our real lives. I will always report the good, bad and plainly ugly.

Its actually a big draw on our time to manage all the UTC business.  We must share it. Steven has a lot of time consuming tasks that I have not got time for - and only he can do (ANN update, Ultracoin website and social media engagement).  If hes not here online - hes still busy for UTC.

But I expect that Steven will achieve this online presence admirably.

Only time will tell, but, whatever, I will manage everything accordingly to keep UTC development moving forward - and forward. I have never managed a coin before but in business I make things work - perhaps not as expected at the start (because we not often know what the opportunities are at the beginning - trying, failing, learning and conquering is the lesson) - but the finish is good and from there the options are interesting.

I'm here for the long game. If anyone is expecting a pump - forget it. It may happen but its not under our control.  If you are still here in 2 years - you will look back on this very favourably.

Cheers - usukan

Hi Usukan,

From reading the last few posts, I agree with you that leaving the block reward at 10 is essential for the time being, at least until the coin has reestablished itself firmly in the world of crypto. I obviously don't know enough about the NFactor, though as folks say, 14 or 15 both sound fine. However, I assume the issue with 15 is around the lite wallets? If it is, this needs to be considered seriously beforehand..I still maintain that reliable, easy to use android/apple wallets, and PC wallets are vital.

Regarding the point that Beave makes, around concerns around Rapture. Beave has been around a good while, and seems to talk a lot of sense. I am aware that since Stevens return, he has only made one post, even after we had voiced concerns about needing regular contact via this forum. Admittedly, you have been keeping us informed marvellously well...my concern is what will happen when you take a more back seat role..will communication die off again?

Just my concerns...thank you though for your fantastic support that you have provided so far...

Roister

--

--
PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:23:07 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 08:46:58 PM by PaulR1

Hi Usukan and the whole community, I do not want to let fail this important phase of the UTC project.

So I will pay/send the "short fall of 0.241 BTC" in a view moments with a extra raise to a totall of 0.731 BTC

But, with all due respect to everybody, I want to express honestly that i am a little (little) disappointed that from the entire community only a small group of supporters are active, in one way or another way and with or without financial contribution.

To all other "active" community members, specially to those who also contribute financially: Thank you  !

Warm greetings,
Paul.

EDIT: So to let pass the the totall projet phase 1/2/3 there remains after my last donation of 0.731 BTC now only a little "short fall of 0.23 BTC".... feel free (small or big) to contribute  Grin

on a Finance note

0.64637278 BTC

0.95837278 BTC

The shortfall is:

0.24162722 BTC

Cost 0.72 BTC

0.962 BTC

If anyone else in the Community wishes to support this work - we are very happy to hear from you now.

Any contributions large or small will be gratefully received and put to good use with PressTab.

Cheers - usukan

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:33:44 PM

Hi Usukan and the whole community, I do not want to let fail this important phase of the UTC project.

So I will pay/send the "short fall of 0.241 BTC" in a view moments with a extra raise to a totall of 0.731 BTC

But, with all due respect to everybody, I want to express honestly that i am a little (little) disappointed that from the entire community only a small group of supporters are active, in one way or another way and with or without financial contribution.

To all other "active" community members, specially to those who also contribute financially: Thank you  !

Warm greetings,
Paul.

I mined UTC for almost a year in the factories. I haven't sold anything, only folded. It was a little UTC on Cryptsy I would be glad to sell them and make my small contribution, but Cryptsy is dead. I can donate only to UTC, but I don't know where they can be sold.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
Roister01

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:16:22 PM

Thanks very much for that massive donation to the cause Paul...nice for someone to lead by example!

Fingers crossed it helps to make this coin the success it deserves to be...Smiley

Cheers,

Roister...
PaulR1

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:38:00 PM

You know Roister, it is at this moment better to donate for the future of our UTC instead of "paying" for some other fine things in live (if you understand what i am saying)   Grin  Wink Roll Eyes

Thanks very much for that massive donation to the cause Paul...nice for someone to lead by example!

Fingers crossed it helps to make this coin the success it deserves to be...Smiley

Cheers,

Roister...

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:46:02 PM

damn Paul - thats just fantastic.

Thank you very much

Cheers - usukan

Warm greetings,
Paul.

EDIT: So to let pass the the totall projet phase 1/2/3 there remains after my last donation of 0.731 BTC now only a little "short fall of 0.23 BTC".... feel free (small or big) to contribute  Grin

on a Finance note

0.64637278 BTC

0.95837278 BTC

The shortfall is:

0.24162722 BTC

Cost 0.72 BTC

0.962 BTC

Cheers - usukan

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:54:13 PM

Don't skimp too much on the finer things in life - they say its bad for your health.

But glad you made this sacrifice for the good of UTC

They also say what goes around - comes around

may your karma catch up with you soon

Cheers - usukan

You know Roister, it is at this moment better to donate for the future of our UTC instead of "paying" for some other fine things in live (if you understand what i am saying)   Grin  Wink Roll Eyes

Cheers,

Roister...

--

--
PaulR1

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:20:49 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 12:38:20 AM by PaulR1

Usukan and the whole community, just let us all help the Poema arise and let her run, run and run !!!

Just look below at how ready and eager the UTC Poema is for her run very, very soon ....

Thank you very much

Cheers - usukan

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:44:24 AM

Hi barbados-fs

The only place to trade UTC is Bittrex

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-UTC

To be honest - I would not sell any UTC just at the moment - they are likely to be worth a lot more in the future.

Your intentions noted and appreciated - but just hold your UTC for now.

Cheers - usukan

Warm greetings,
Paul.

I mined UTC for almost a year in the factories. I haven't sold anything, only folded. It was a little UTC on Cryptsy I would be glad to sell them and make my small contribution, but Cryptsy is dead. I can donate only to UTC, but I don't know where they can be sold.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:46:14 AM

yes - shes READY for sure...............

Usukan and the whole community, just let us all help the Poema arise and let her run, run and run !!!

Just look below at how ready and eager the UTC Poema is for her run very, very soon ....

Thank you very much

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: