Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380961 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wtfc360

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:01:57 AM

I will update the BitcoinTalk MAIN page

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.0

Of Ultracoin when we get an agreement with PressTab with an acceptable price to update the wallet/retarget etc.

Updating before this is really not warranted IMO.

Of course this will rely on an agreeable price and appropriate community support to fund the work.

I am maybe naively positive that we will achieve both price and support.

Many thanks for all the support from the community here - but especially in PM's.

We can do this together.

Cheers - usukan

Great work Usukan!
Let's see what the price will be and I will support with donation.
I think we will be able to get this going again!
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roister01

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:43:52 AM

Keep up the good work Usukan and others, price at least seems to have stabilised...

I think there are positive times ahead soon for crypto, and as soon as we get Presstab to sort out retargetting etc, and phone wallets sorted, we should be real contenders...

I will help with a contribution as last time when the need arises...

Cheers,

Roister...
Alexthesalamander

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:04:58 PM

Such a nice community! Smiley Lets get this thing over 1000 satoshi Cheesy

Buy high and sell low
lpedretti

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 01:14:16 PM

Such a nice community! Smiley Lets get this thing over 1000 satoshi Cheesy

I bought part of my current investment over 1500 satoshi's... i don't remember anymore but i think even 3000 Tongue
I would not sell it under 10000 satoshis, period.

Let's see what the price may be!

AC: ANuRoFPkCjZSxsw2S41djrrA1D4xMMmwhs
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 11:11:54 PM

i have a lot of Ultracoin, but lets honest. The volume needs to improve massively. In the last 3-4 days only about $50 has been spent on UTC. That is extremely worrying.

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 11:57:26 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 09:22:54 AM by usukan

Hi pugman - yes this will be the situation for sure until something actually happens (a few more achievements completed) - or investors believe news on significant progress is close at hand.

The Ultracoin Dashboard was the first step (thats completed bar a few tweaks that PressTab is currently working on - utc.presstab.pw ) - UTC code/wallet and diff retargeting are next with PressTab.  

Emerge is working on the Android/IOS wallets and its possible a Lite PC/MAC wallet can also branch from this project.

We have the situation that price has almost doubled since we accepted that Steven and Kracko were gone and the community took back control to get things back on track.

At present its evident that we don't have enough "achievement" to spur buying beyond current levels - but on the other hand sellers are less willing to dump cheap because they see a new base price and maybe a chance of a significant rise. Seems a lot of sellers have taken sell orders off or have opped price - its getting thinner to buy from.  Seems we are in a holding pattern on price but the market weight is changing to positive.  Of course all of this can change in an instant.

Increased volume in trading will be a natural progression from progress and the interest it generates from investors.

All we can do from here is keep focussed and keep moving forward with our plans step at a time.

If we get it right - volume and price will move.

Cheers - usukan

i have a lot of Ultracoin, but lets honest. The volume needs to improve massively. In the last 3-4 days only about $50 has been spent on UTC. That is extremely worrying.

--

--
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 02:11:19 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 02:36:50 AM by rapture333

Dear community members,

I wanted to start by saying I owe all of you an apology, an apology for not being here the past several months, just know that I did not mean to leave the community in the dark. I would like to shed a little bit of light on my perspective from behind the scenes in the penumbra of the development side of Ultracoin. I apologize that I haven't been active lately, I also apologize that there hasn't been any updates as of late, truth is, there hasn't been much to update on. Seeing as we just recently passed the second anniversary of the beginning of Ultracoin, I have been looking back and reflecting on much of our history, an interesting one no doubt. From the humble beginnings of the coin, the exciting and momentous peaks, to the turbulent and unchartered lows, Ultracoin is a coin with a riveting history.

I want to come clean on a few things quickly, first, I was given the label of "management director" by the previous "shareholders" of Ultracoin, you may remember Fabian and Paul. I don't believe however that management director accurately reflects my role, as there are no "management" team but rather those who were willing to step up to the plate and take action. I believe the real managers of the coin, are those whom are invested in it, whose time and resources have been used to acquire, propagate and spread Ultracoin. The "management team" consists of all of those who have been mining and investing in Ultracoin for the last two years, You. The true future of Ultracoin lays in the hands of those who believe in it.

So where have I been, that's the first question I am sure many of you are asking. Before the last update I had high hopes for Ultracoin and I wished to move on to the marketing, expansion and infrastructure of the coin. However, with the difficulty swings and unstable wallet our main priority became fixing the bare essentials that should have been a none issue from the start. This would be the second failed launch of a new update for Ultracoin, the previous one being a year earlier after the Las Vegas convention in which we had similar problems with launch. Since I was not a developer there was nothing I could do, quite frankly I felt very powerless over the situation and could do nothing but sit back and watch in hope that Kracko could solve the problems hopefully in a timely manner. I kept updated with Kracko as best as I can in order to push things forward and motivate him as I had no other developers on board, truly though if it wasn't for Kracko we would have no developments at all, perhaps that might have been better in hindsight but needless to say we needed to move forward in some respect to developments and he was the only one who was willing. As the oscillations continued and more hard forks were necessary in order to keep the network online and hopefully running smoothly I became more and more disenfranchised in my own ability to manage the coin. At this point I was relying on Kracko to come up with a panacea update that I was hoping would fix the issues with the wallet and network difficulty. This update came but still was fraught with problems, so yet another update was needed to patch the old, barley stable but currently running update. Kracko assured me that he would be working on it but had personal and work issues that took up his valuable time, I could tell that the state of the coin and the pressure was getting to him as well. It was only a matter of time before Kracko called and told me this would be his last update before he left Ultracoin altogether. This update, unfortunately, never came.

On February 1st 2016 I had planned to post an update which I had pre-prepared for the second birthday of Ultracoin, a cryptocurrency I had spent countless hours, dollars and cups of coffee working on, hopefully to one day become a unique and successful cryptocurrency for the world to enjoy. However when I approached the forum I felt I had come lacking, with no new updates, the infrastructure in shambles and our developer unlikely to cook up anything new, for the first time ever I made a conscious decision to stay away from the forum as I felt incompetent and unhelpful to the situation. With the loss of investor support and death threats from our largest backer, Paul and Fabian slipping into the ether of the cryptocurrency community for many months (at the time), the instability of the coin and Kracko slowly going MIA things seemed insurmountable. Pressure seemed to mount inextricably for months and it needed to be released, I would be no help if I approached things from a state of shock, so I had to remove myself from the situation entirely. Looking back perhaps it was the cowardly thing to do, but I have learned from it and hopefully will not ever be doomed to repeat it. Problems don't just go away when you ignore them, but whoever was going to fix these problems may not have been me. In the time since then I have been focusing primarily on my entrepreneurial and political pursuits, I have spent some time out of the country, and I have returned with a fresh perspective on the old.

Today, I re-approach the Ultracoin community from a place of vulnerability and ask for solace. I believe in Ultracoin and cryptocurrency because I truly do believe it is the future. I am not a big holder, although I do own a fair amount of coin, I have used my first mining rig exclusively to mine Ultracoin, I traveled to Hashers United and the North American Bitcoin Conference on the most eye opening cryptocurrency pilgrimage of my lifetime in order to spread the word of Ultracoin, I have invested thousands of personal dollars into the project and countless hours of personal time, and I would like to see Ultracoin succeed to its greatest potential. I would like to approach the community and ask for help, this year Ultracoin turned two and I would like to turn a new leaf for both myself and Ultracoin. I would like to ask the the community what you want to see in 2016 and what you would like to see from me during this time as well.

If the community would prefer I not take a hand in the future of Ultracoin, so it shall be done. If the community trusts me enough to assist in some way the future of Ultracoin, then I shall be a servant to the cause. One thing is for sure however, I cannot do it alone, and the community cannot do it without help. It would be my recommendation to have an executive committee that holds weekly or at the latest monthly discussions with each member having a hand in the development and future of Ultracoin. Many of us have personal lives and careers that take up much of our time and resources, as an open source project run by mostly volunteers it would be seem wisest to have a committee that could operate professionally and efficiently with each member taking on a clearly defined role in development, marketing, and management with the addition of sub-committee's which can be made of community members to work on special projects and tasks. I believe this would be the best system moving forward and one in which there is no true "management team", but a voice the community can resonate through and make things happen. It is up to the community as to what may be done next, as so I would volunteer to head up this committee and its organization and see through to it's establishment or any other ideas the community has. It also looks like the cats out of the bag, no point in using a pseudonym any longer.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture" Nekhaila
Steven@Ultracoin.net

P.S. I have control of the Facebook page, website and newsletter and can relinquish or share control to Paul and Fabian if needed

P.P.S. A great big shout out to Usukan for stepping up in Ultracoins time of need, I tip my hat to you sir

sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:20:03 AM

Great of you to come back and apologize Steven! I hope you can share your experience of managing the coin & pitfalls they can avoid with current team. I hope you can stake and mine as a community member if not in any official capacity. I like your idea of many people with different skills working on different aspect of coin. All the best to you Smiley
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:23:26 AM

thanks sambiohazard

SaaS services added to the "vision" list for community consideration.

Personally I like it.

Cheers - usukan

Good to see all the progress Smiley

@usukan maybe UTC can look into "pay as you use"/SaaS kind of services to target a market. Such services also require quick confs, maybe we can later in the year put up some kind of proof of concept service to show interested parties.

Good work with the explorer! Also presstab fixed the timewarp for MINT and Fuzzbawls is currently working on updating the "ancient" code for MINT. So we can maybe ask them to get UTC up and running when they are free or help the dev we hire.

My prediction for UTC price of 2000 satoshi is 26th May 2016 1500 UTC

I was thinking of a service something like twitter where you can only post 140 char posts but you can buy extra characters or a "blog post" with UTC if you want to post something longer. I am not a programmer but if someone can develop a barebone proof of concept service like this based on some forum s/w then it would be a great resource i think and can be developed into some real service IMO.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:43:41 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 09:01:45 AM by usukan

Hi Steven - Welcome back

Seriously great to hear from you.

This is a very positive development IMO. I had given you up for dead or worse - and thats why I stepped in here.

UTC needs many great minds to make it work - and you have been one of the largest contributors since I have been around.  Things don't always go the way we expect or want - but from this we can only learn. I always learn best from risk and failure.  Easy and ongoing success only makes you complacent and lazy.  You know a lot more than most here in UTC terms and your ongoing contributions are invaluable IMO.

From the start when I stepped in only a few weeks ago - I quite clearly stated that this was only a temporary measure.  My main aim was to just get the UTC basics back together and build a new team to take it to the next level.  I do not have the time to run this for an extended period.  That being said I won't be running out on the community too quickly if we have a few setbacks - I will make UTC succeed no matter what - its a death-wish and I get addicted to these like a fox terrier.  I'm only doing this out of interest to learn more and can't help overextending myself (an addiction) to test limits - ask my family.

Already in a couple of weeks we have a new roadmap and one achievement under our belt - the UTC Dashboard/explorer.  We have identified a good dev in PressTab (albeit a contract dev) but he really knows what hes doing - so fast, reliable and worth every satoshi we invest.  Hopefully we can fund the UTC code update/new QT wallet and diff retarget changes with him.  If we can we are back in business.  We have Emerge working on Android/IOS wallets as a community contributor. We have strong community support - which extends to tangible funding pledges - so we really can get things going again.

After the basics - we need a full team and the focus on our vision/s will require a strong marketing presence - I am thinking "marketing team" and you are best to lead this for sure.  You have already done a lot of great work in this area but I think our visions from feedback from the community have broadened.

I would suggest to the community that we take you up on your suggestions/offer.

If the community trusts me enough to assist in some way the future of Ultracoin, then I shall be a servant to the cause. One thing is for sure however, I cannot do it alone, and the community cannot do it without help. It would be my recommendation to have an executive committee that holds weekly or at the latest monthly discussions with each member having a hand in the development and future of Ultracoin. Many of us have personal lives and careers that take up much of our time and resources, as an open source project run by mostly volunteers it would be seem wisest to have a committee that could operate professionally and efficiently with each member taking on a clearly defined role in development, marketing, and management with the addition of sub-committee's which can be made of community members to work on special projects and tasks. I believe this would be the best system moving forward and one in which there is no true "management team", but a voice the community can resonate through and make things happen. It is up to the community as to what may be done next, as so I would volunteer to head up this committee and its organization and see through to it's establishment or any other ideas the community has.

Up to the community - especially those who put skin on the line to fund things so far or who have pledged to in the future.

I suggest we accept your offer to put together a "committee" to oversee the community's wishes.  I suggest the community put our trust in you again to lead Ultracoin.  I certainly don't want to see some cumbersome committee however that goes round in circles as they often do. A good leader/chairperson will need to see to this.

I do so under these suggestions from my personal point of view.

- We do not have plans and agreements behind closed doors by a committee/management team - community must know everything - good bad and plainly ugly. Leader has the role to update community regularly.
- "Leader" must be involved on this forum practically daily - just chat if nothing signif to report (this is important)
- Committe members MUST cut in and answer community questions - committe members must be cogniscent of all matters and speak their mind
- If something is not working - cut it and move on - lets not linger with loser ideas/devs
- Further develop the latest roadmap - and stick to timeframes.  Cut and change regularly that which is not working.
- The long term UTC vision/s needs to be "way out there" - not just what the many other ALTS can do - we really need to have a claim to fame to make UTC. It needs to be way off in the future but "fantastic" and a new paradigm enabled by blockchain, UTC attributes and the combined cunning/insight of our community.
- We must not be in a hurry - lets do something big - properly. If it takes a year or two thats the win - not achieving parity with other ALTS in a month or two.  The "VISION" must be the sell on UTC - and its long term.

I am prepared to be part of the committee - but I have no tech skills - just persistence, pragmatics and rat cunning with a reasonably good appreciation of business/investment/crypto trends and global forces. Happy to fit in where I might be useful.

Over to the community and you Steven from here.

Lets make it an exciting - and FUN journey

LONG LIVE ULTRACOIN

check out the ULTRACOIN statistics here on the DASHBOARD:

http://utc.presstab.pw

Cheers - usukan

Dear community members,

I wanted to start by saying I owe all of you an apology, an apology for not being here the past several months, just know that I did not mean to leave the community in the dark. I would like to shed a little bit of light on my perspective from behind the scenes in the penumbra of the development side of Ultracoin. I apologize that I haven't been active lately, I also apologize that there hasn't been any updates as of late, truth is, there hasn't been much to update on. Seeing as we just recently passed the second anniversary of the beginning of Ultracoin, I have been looking back and reflecting on much of our history, an interesting one no doubt. From the humble beginnings of the coin, the exciting and momentous peaks, to the turbulent and unchartered lows, Ultracoin is a coin with a riveting history.

I want to come clean on a few things quickly, first, I was given the label of "management director" by the previous "shareholders" of Ultracoin, you may remember Fabian and Paul. I don't believe however that management director accurately reflects my role, as there are no "management" team but rather those who were willing to step up to the plate and take action. I believe the real managers of the coin, are those whom are invested in it, whose time and resources have been used to acquire, propagate and spread Ultracoin. The "management team" consists of all of those who have been mining and investing in Ultracoin for the last two years, You. The true future of Ultracoin lays in the hands of those who believe in it.

So where have I been, that's the first question I am sure many of you are asking. Before the last update I had high hopes for Ultracoin and I wished to move on to the marketing, expansion and infrastructure of the coin. However, with the difficulty swings and unstable wallet our main priority became fixing the bare essentials that should have been a none issue from the start. This would be the second failed launch of a new update for Ultracoin, the previous one being a year earlier after the Las Vegas convention in which we had similar problems with launch. Since I was not a developer there was nothing I could do, quite frankly I felt very powerless over the situation and could do nothing but sit back and watch in hope that Kracko could solve the problems hopefully in a timely manner. I kept updated with Kracko as best as I can in order to push things forward and motivate him as I had no other developers on board, truly though if it wasn't for Kracko we would have no developments at all, perhaps that might have been better in hindsight but needless to say we needed to move forward in some respect to developments and he was the only one who was willing. As the oscillations continued and more hard forks were necessary in order to keep the network online and hopefully running smoothly I became more and more disenfranchised in my own ability to manage the coin. At this point I was relying on Kracko to come up with a panacea update that I was hoping would fix the issues with the wallet and network difficulty. This update came but still was fraught with problems, so yet another update was needed to patch the old, barley stable but currently running update. Kracko assured me that he would be working on it but had personal and work issues that took up his valuable time, I could tell that the state of the coin and the pressure was getting to him as well. It was only a matter of time before Kracko called and told me this would be his last update before he left Ultracoin altogether. This update, unfortunately, never came.

On February 1st 2016 I had planned to post an update which I had pre-prepared for the second birthday of Ultracoin, a cryptocurrency I had spent countless hours, dollars and cups of coffee working on, hopefully to one day become a unique and successful cryptocurrency for the world to enjoy. However when I approached the forum I felt I had come lacking, with no new updates, the infrastructure in shambles and our developer unlikely to cook up anything new, for the first time ever I made a conscious decision to stay away from the forum as I felt incompetent and unhelpful to the situation. With the loss of investor support and death threats from our largest backer, Paul and Fabian slipping into the ether of the cryptocurrency community for many months (at the time), the instability of the coin and Kracko slowly going MIA things seemed insurmountable. Pressure seemed to mount inextricably for months and it needed to be released, I would be no help if I approached things from a state of shock, so I had to remove myself from the situation entirely. Looking back perhaps it was the cowardly thing to do, but I have learned from it and hopefully will not ever be doomed to repeat it. Problems don't just go away when you ignore them, but whoever was going to fix these problems may not have been me. In the time since then I have been focusing primarily on my entrepreneurial and political pursuits, I have spent some time out of the country, and I have returned with a fresh perspective on the old.

Today, I re-approach the Ultracoin community from a place of vulnerability and ask for solace. I believe in Ultracoin and cryptocurrency because I truly do believe it is the future. I am not a big holder, although I do own a fair amount of coin, I have used my first mining rig exclusively to mine Ultracoin, I traveled to Hashers United and the North American Bitcoin Conference on the most eye opening cryptocurrency pilgrimage of my lifetime in order to spread the word of Ultracoin, I have invested thousands of personal dollars into the project and countless hours of personal time, and I would like to see Ultracoin succeed to its greatest potential. I would like to approach the community and ask for help, this year Ultracoin turned two and I would like to turn a new leaf for both myself and Ultracoin. I would like to ask the the community what you want to see in 2016 and what you would like to see from me during this time as well.

If the community would prefer I not take a hand in the future of Ultracoin, so it shall be done. If the community trusts me enough to assist in some way the future of Ultracoin, then I shall be a servant to the cause. One thing is for sure however, I cannot do it alone, and the community cannot do it without help. It would be my recommendation to have an executive committee that holds weekly or at the latest monthly discussions with each member having a hand in the development and future of Ultracoin. Many of us have personal lives and careers that take up much of our time and resources, as an open source project run by mostly volunteers it would be seem wisest to have a committee that could operate professionally and efficiently with each member taking on a clearly defined role in development, marketing, and management with the addition of sub-committee's which can be made of community members to work on special projects and tasks. I believe this would be the best system moving forward and one in which there is no true "management team", but a voice the community can resonate through and make things happen. It is up to the community as to what may be done next, as so I would volunteer to head up this committee and its organization and see through to it's establishment or any other ideas the community has. It also looks like the cats out of the bag, no point in using a pseudonym any longer.

Sincerely,

Steven@Ultracoin.net

P.S. I have control of the Facebook page, website and newsletter and can relinquish or share control to Paul and Fabian if needed

P.P.S. A great big shout out to Usukan for stepping up in Ultracoins time of need, I tip my hat to you sir

--

--
lpedretti

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 12:50:25 PM

Hi Steven - Welcome back

Seriously great to hear from you.

This image brings me back good memories Smiley

Cheers!

Best regards
Leo

AC: ANuRoFPkCjZSxsw2S41djrrA1D4xMMmwhs
PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:12:48 PM

Dear community members,

I find it very courageous and I am very happy with the message from Steven.
As I have stated previously, Steven has done very very much for UTC.
He has invested a lot of private time and a lot of private financial resources in to the UTC project.
Steven asked on the forum several times for assistance, but unfortunately, from time to time, he received too little feedback or to little help from the community.
Please don’t forget that UTC is there for and by the community. We must do it together.
It should not be accepted as normal that only one person pushes or pulls the UTC cart forward.
We have to help where we can and stay motivated.

@Steven ; Thank you for your message and welcome back mate !

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
wtfc360

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:09:34 PM

@ Steven, I'm glad you are alive and healthy, people get worried. Great to have you back! It takes a lot of courage to come back and be honest and ask for forgivness from the community and for that I respect you! I know you have done a lot for UTC and hope you will stay with UTC and the community! Please work together with Usukan who is a natural talent with great leading abilities. The two of you will be great together!

@ Usukan, I like your leading abilities, and thinking and your priority list. Also better take some time and make it good, than quick fix that won't work anyway and don't be afraid of ditching something bad. We have to move forward in a dialectal way, thesis-antithesis-synthesis, new antithesis and so on, moving forward, learning. That way there is no stopping UTC!

@ PaulR1, I agree with you. There where several times when Steven asked for assistance from the community but got no response (including me), its easy to forget that one person will not change everything, everyone has to help and support any way they can.

@ the community, together we can do anything, alone we are nothing.
I will continue to donate if it will help UTC become better, and from the looks at the work from presstab I think he is worth it, what do you all say?
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:52:07 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 03:43:33 AM by usukan

Thanks for your solid input here wtfc360 and continued strong support.

Its very important at this point that we get as many views and discussion from the community on the issues on the table here.

Can we please get all views in on whats proposed both by Steven and myself above.

If we can get general consensus - we can move forward relatively quickly.

I will state clearly my position in this. I support Steven coming back to lead the Ultracoin Team and putting together a Committee to undertake/manage the wishes of the community for the development of UTC.

I offer my continuing input as a key part of this committee if thats the community wishes.

If I have any issues - with anything - I will bring it back here to the community.

As I stated earlier on I will be working according to my policy thats keeps things moving - which is as follows:

Silence will be taken as agreement.

If you have any issues you want to discuss - thats great.  Just get your ideas on the forum here so we can discuss.

I will not make any movements until after the weekend to give the community a chance to discuss. Next week when PressTab has the time - I will be discussing in detail the coding/wallet/re-target fixes and will hopefully get back here with an attractive price for this critical UTC work. This work has already been strongly supported by everyone and need not be held up.

Cheers - usukan

@ Steven, I'm glad you are alive and healthy, people get worried. Great to have you back! It takes a lot of courage to come back and be honest and ask for forgivness from the community and for that I respect you! I know you have done a lot for UTC and hope you will stay with UTC and the community! Please work together with Usukan who is a natural talent with great leading abilities. The two of you will be great together!

@ Usukan, I like your leading abilities, and thinking and your priority list. Also better take some time and make it good, than quick fix that won't work anyway and don't be afraid of ditching something bad. We have to move forward in a dialectal way, thesis-antithesis-synthesis, new antithesis and so on, moving forward, learning. That way there is no stopping UTC!

@ PaulR1, I agree with you. There where several times when Steven asked for assistance from the community but got no response (including me), its easy to forget that one person will not change everything, everyone has to help and support any way they can.

@ the community, together we can do anything, alone we are nothing.
I will continue to donate if it will help UTC become better, and from the looks at the work from presstab I think he is worth it, what do you all say?

--

--
Roister01

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:22:31 PM

Hi folks,

From my limited experience, I can see that Steven was/is well respected, and has obviously put in a lot of time and effort into trying to make this a success. For that reason there must be a prominent role for him to play, should he want to.

At the same time, I think the leadership shown by Usukan, getting things moving again, whilst at the same time involving anyone else who wants to get involved, has been a massive boost to the success of this project.

For me, there needs to be regular communication, via a medium such as this page, to discuss ideas, keep folk informed of progress, and keep things moving. We can't have an active community if we are, for whatever reason, kept in the dark. Good progress has been made so far. We don't want to allow this to slip away. There will always be folks working away in the background, Presstab for example. However, we will always need an effective communicator like you Usukan, to 'motivate the troops!'

Just my thoughts..

Roister...Smiley
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:46:46 AM

Thanks Roister01 - agree 100% with all you say here.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers - usukan

Hi folks,

From my limited experience, I can see that Steven was/is well respected, and has obviously put in a lot of time and effort into trying to make this a success. For that reason there must be a prominent role for him to play, should he want to.

At the same time, I think the leadership shown by Usukan, getting things moving again, whilst at the same time involving anyone else who wants to get involved, has been a massive boost to the success of this project.

For me, there needs to be regular communication, via a medium such as this page, to discuss ideas, keep folk informed of progress, and keep things moving. We can't have an active community if we are, for whatever reason, kept in the dark. Good progress has been made so far. We don't want to allow this to slip away. There will always be folks working away in the background, Presstab for example. However, we will always need an effective communicator like you Usukan, to 'motivate the troops!'

Just my thoughts..

Roister...Smiley

--

--
PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:04:29 PM

I support Usukan's opinion 100% and wish Steven will come back to the Ultracoin Dev Team !

I wish Usukan and Steven will form together the commitee to manage the further development of UTC.

(.....)
Its very important at this point that we get as many views and discussion from the community on the issues on the table here.
Can we please get all views in on whats proposed both by Steven and myself above.
If we can get general consensus - we can move forward relatively quickly.
I will state clearly my position in this. I support Steven coming back to lead the Ultracoin Team and putting together a Committee to undertake/manage the wishes of the community for the development of UTC.
I offer my continuing input as a key part of this committee if thats the community wishes.
If I have any issues - with anything - I will bring it back here to the community.
As I stated earlier on I will be working according to my policy thats keeps things moving - which is as follows:
Silence will be taken as agreement.
If you have any issues you want to discuss - thats great.  Just get your ideas on the forum here so we can discuss.
I will not make any movements until after the weekend to give the community a chance to discuss. Next week when PressTab has the time - I will be discussing in detail the coding/wallet/re-target fixes and will hopefully get back here with an attractive price for this critical UTC work. This work has already been strongly supported by everyone and need not be held up.

Cheers - usukan

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

Excellent, it looks like we are all in agreement to form a committee which would convene on a regular basis with each member taking a clearly defined role in the development of Ultracoin. I have created a social group which is essentially a private forum on Ultracointalk.org, this way the committee has a method to communicate efficiently and can create a thread for each discussion or project. The social group page can also be updated to show events, such as meetings, and would be a convenient way for the group to communicate and keep tabs on what is going on. I would also suggest we have bi-weekly or monthly meetings on Skype to supplement the social group and include the entire committee. The time of the discussions can be agreed upon before hand to include the maximum number of participants. I would suggest that at this time we keep the structure of the committee informal, this would avoid bureaucracy and keep the decision making "holographic" rather then top down. In the future I believe we should remain open to the idea of a more formalized structure, but I believe this is unnecessary for now. I volunteer to chair this committee, my roles would include accepting members into the committee, organizing the committee structure, arbitration between committee members, and approval of the creation of sub-committee's. I would also be directly responsible for regularly communicating with the community unless that task is delegated to another member. If you are interested in becoming a part of the committee, e-mail me at steven@ultracoin.net and join the official Ultracointalk forum where I will add you to the social group once approved. Usukan, Paul, Fabian and Aleneeva will be accepted to the group as soon as you make an account on the forum and request permission to join.

You can access social groups through the following link: http://ultracointalk.org/sgroups/

Sincerely,

Ultracoin Team
Steven@Ultracoin.net

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:30:02 AM

Hi Steven. 

This all looks good.

I have requested to join the UltracoinTalk group.

Will share my Skype name there.

Cheers - usukan

Excellent, it looks like we are all in agreement to form a committee which would convene on a regular basis with each member taking a clearly defined role in the development of Ultracoin. I have created a social group which is essentially a private forum on Ultracointalk.org, this way the committee has a method to communicate efficiently and can create a thread for each discussion or project. The social group page can also be updated to show events, such as meetings, and would be a convenient way for the group to communicate and keep tabs on what is going on. I would also suggest we have bi-weekly or monthly meetings on Skype to supplement the social group and include the entire committee. The time of the discussions can be agreed upon before hand to include the maximum number of participants. I would suggest that at this time we keep the structure of the committee informal, this would avoid bureaucracy and keep the decision making "holographic" rather then top down. In the future I believe we should remain open to the idea of a more formalized structure, but I believe this is unnecessary for now. I volunteer to chair this committee, my roles would include accepting members into the committee, organizing the committee structure, arbitration between committee members, and approval of the creation of sub-committee's. I would also be directly responsible for regularly communicating with the community unless that task is delegated to another member. If you are interested in becoming a part of the committee, e-mail me at steven@ultracoin.net and join the official Ultracointalk forum where I will add you to the social group once approved. Usukan, Paul, Fabian and Aleneeva will be accepted to the group as soon as you make an account on the forum and request permission to join.

You can access social groups through the following link: http://ultracointalk.org/sgroups/

Sincerely,

Ultracoin Team
Steven@Ultracoin.net

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:48:20 AM

@ Emerge

Do you want to join this Committee?  Probably a good idea since you are working on the Android/IOS wallets etc.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: