Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380958 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:45:39 PM

Yeah sorry about that - I like a good joke.

Cheers - usukan

Serious Usukan....  Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes  for a view seconds you surprissed and scared me 500%   Grin Wink Tongue

Hi Paul - thanks for this.

As per your instructions I have changed the login codes and sent (PM) them to all active community members so we can moderate and edit.

We will fix and edit the Forum over the next few days.

(...........................................)

Cheers usukan.(...)

--

--
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:50:34 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 09:35:22 AM by usukan

That WOULD be nice!

I'm hoping we crack 1000 in the next few days.

Just beware though there are a lot of bags out there that will swoop.  It will take a while to both clear these and also convince some others that UTC is going up and supporting by waiting is going to be the best overall strategy for everyone.

Cheers - usukan

5k satoshi next week Smiley

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:17:04 AM

Hi Emerge

I have joined up at this chat and tested things out - all good.

Nice to see you there Roister01

Thanks - usukan

Everyone, join in at https://chat.coevolution.tech/channel/ultracoin

@Paul & Usukan | For the new dev team, just PM me within either BitcoinTalk or in CoEvolution Chat the list

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:46:54 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 03:19:53 AM by usukan

TO THE UTC COMMUNITY

herewith my proposal for the new roadmap (Priority ratings 1 - 6 but note that "vision' is starting now and always ongoing).

Could the community please consider and comment - happy to add/subtract any areas which we all agree as important.

I would suggest that the new roadmap be reorganised something like this:

1. Get a Dev team and Manager overall for UTC (Mar to May 2016)

Progress:

Usukan is acting as the overall manager of UTC on a temporary basis until a full team is formalised by the community.
UTC is still seeking an experienced coder/Dev.  We have several potential Co-devs who are looking at improving the wallet and re-target functions.  They will report back in due course.
Emerge is a committed Co-Dev and working on an Android/IOS wallet and some other Lite wallets for Windows and Mac.

2. Fix current Windows wallet (retargeting and streamline resource usage by wallet)

Progress:

Potential Co-devs currently looking at these issues and will report back. First task is to fix the diff re-target issue and its agreed to revert to V3 which is practically identical to DigiShield. Mar to May/Jun 2016.

Other issues with the Qt wallet need addressing in the longer term especially the bloat issue and the heavy use of resources by the current wallet - updates to Qt core may provide some solutions here.

2. Get Marketing manager

Progress:

Emerge has kindly offered his services here and I think we should take up this offer - at least on an interim basis.  We are only a few days into rebirthing UTC and its too soon in my opinion to make the final decision on this. Depending on developments - we should review this and may choose to formalise this as a full and permanent arrangement (but volunteer) in about 3 months (May 2016). In the interim we need to think about a marketing plan and develop the basics of a platform that is flexible to cater for our future community favoured directions and vision.

2. Add a second mining pool (May-Jul 2016 approx)

Progress:

First - Alenevaa has committed to continuing his mining pool and upgrading it as required with new wallet developments.  Many thanks Alenevaa
At some stage in the future - when we get a few more miners we need to encourage someone to set up a new pool - or have the UTC Devs set up another.  There is no great rush for this and we certainly don't want to detract from Alenevaa's contribution and viability of his pool.  We should only do this when we have a lot more miners to spread around.

2. Get a block explorer (Mar 2016)

Progress:

None - we need this asap.  We must rely here on any community members who have the skills to do this.  Its urgent.

2. New or update - Ultracoin Website (add blockchain download http://cryptochainer.com/dir/) (Mar/Apr 2016)

Progress:

We have both Emerge and possibly whortonda who could update the official UTC website.  I do not have web skills - at all!
usukan will list the required edits within the next week or so and distribute to the community for comment.
It would be good to have a block explorer for the website update?

3. Android wallet - QR Codes - Lite Wallet - GUI

Progress:

Emerge working on this as first priority - java based wallet (Emerge will give us relevant updates and invite testing).

4. IOS wallet (Apr/May 2016)
4. Iphone wallet (Apr/May 2016)

Progress:

Emerge to look at these after he has rolled out the Android wallet.

5. One Click Miner (not urgent but could be very beneficial in the medium/long term)

Progress:

This project was started by Steven with a Dev from MYR (Myriad Coin).  I doubt if we can pick up from where they left off.  There are a couple of open source resources for these and I think we should leave it until one of our community members is available to run with this project.

2- 6 (ongoing). The exciting stuff - whats our VISION for UTC - apart from the price going up. (Mar - Aug 2016)  

THIS IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE DO

How can we give the coin utility in an attractive niche amongst all the other ALT coins. Does the algo have something that is useful that could set UTC apart. UTC has to be KNOWN for something special - and that attribute has to have value and/or utility in the real world.  

Progress:

Not much - but we have plenty of time to discuss this.  We need to make UTC a preferred currency in a specific niche.  That will be the community's challenge to choose 1 or two areas and work towards this. Of course the Marketing Manager (Emerge) will be a key figure in these discussions.  We will need to listen carefully to his considered suggestions and rely on him putting forward some solid cases to test out and focus on the best market opportunities.

Our vision for present must surely be based around a fast and secure payment or value transfer technology.  People dont necessarily need to know that UTC is the underlying tech - and they probably don't care as long as it works.  Thats the essence of the future game changing uses of Crypto.

As an example only - Emerge may develop a plan to have UTC used as the currency technology of choice for remittance of funds by overseas workers to the Philippines.  This could easily be expanded to other Asian countries and India.  Its a massive market worth billions USD.  Even taking out a small segment of the market is significant.  The current players only deal in BTC and its slow compared to Western Union - but much cheaper. Coins.ph can take 12 hrs to a day or more over weekends. Rebbit is working on more instant transfers.  However with BTC there is still going to be the 6 conf delay issues.  With UTC its more instantaneous.  Problems are - UTC would have to link with established cash-out networks like Lhuillier, 7-Eleven or others - or set up our own street based network.  Of course bank deposits are possible but frought with regulatory issues no doubt esp in the future. Nevertheless - UTC could provide the technology to power this system.  This is just an idea off the top of my head - there are of course a lot of details to fill in but it demonstrates what a "VISION" for UTC could be.

One other matter which I think is important:

To go back to the ship analogy - UTC is now sailing with a skeleton crew.  We have a captain and some crew members training on the job.  The engines are running and there is no immediate danger of getting washed onto the rocks.  Until the crew gets up to speed and we service the mechanicals we dont want to risk any tricky docking manoeuvres. I am referring here to rushing through some quick wallet changes, hardforking and blowing the engines or ramming the ship onto the shore.

UTC is working for now and better than some folk actually think.  I have done many transactions lately and they are still fast and reliable.  Staking works just fine too.  We must not RUSH through any wallet and re-targeting fixes - but acknowledge we need to fix the re-targeting bonanza issue that we currently have.  We need to dev them very carefully, have experts review and fully test before implementing.  This is important if not critical to prevent a meltdown.  The other issue is our exhange Bittrex.  We can't afford to muck these guys around.  We need to fork once and do it properly - not going back every couple of weeks with wallet updates etc.

Sorry - one other thing.  Donations for Development.
If and when the UTC price hits 5000 I will hit this community for donations.
They will be voluntary of course.
This will be the true test of community support.
They will be taken in UTC or BTC - but converted to BTC
Stored in one visible to all BTC address - controlled either by myself or the new UTC Leader only
Community will decide what to spend on and how much
Comments please

Thats all for now - I'm relying on your comment and feedback to move to the next stages.  Have I forgotten anything?

I will update the Forum lead page when I get some good solid community feedback and we have consensus on direction.  I will take any silence as agreement.

Cheers - usukan

Serious Usukan....  Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes  for a view seconds you surprissed and scared me 500%   Grin Wink Tongue

Hi Paul - thanks for this.

As per your instructions I have changed the login codes and sent (PM) them to all active community members so we can moderate and edit.

We will fix and edit the Forum over the next few days.

(...........................................)

Cheers usukan.(...)

So now that this has happened, what's our new itinerary and roadmap?

--

--
DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:27:08 AM

Thanks DigitalCurrencyConsultant

https://www.coingather.com/exchange/UTC/BTC

I can't see any trades in any currency - how long you been around and what country are you based in?

Cheers - usukan

Ultracoin is traded at coingather.com by the way guys just in case you don't know Grin

I am not the owner of this site (However I know it's new) but they are friendly. May be best to go say hi yourself Smiley

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:28:33 AM

I will keep an eye on them but they need some history and volume before they are attractive for me personally.

Cheers - usukan

Thanks DigitalCurrencyConsultant

https://www.coingather.com/exchange/UTC/BTC

I can't see any trades in any currency - how long you been around and what country are you based in?

Cheers - usukan

Ultracoin is traded at coingather.com by the way guys just in case you don't know Grin

I am not the owner of this site (However I know it's new) but they are friendly. May be best to go say hi yourself Smiley

--

--
Uggle

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:14:30 PM

We are up to the 150 spot in marketcap, this is huge for us, continue being active everyone, we are gaining interest!

UTC UTC UTC
Roister01

Activity: 139

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:36:37 PM

Usukan...

I suppose we need to consider applications where speed is of the essence then...
How about an area such as online/in-game betting, the type where rapid betting changes might occur, such as who scores next goal etc? Would that be an area that would be worth considering?
Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:36:48 PM

Usukan...

I suppose we need to consider applications where speed is of the essence then...
How about an area such as online/in-game betting, the type where rapid betting changes might occur, such as who scores next goal etc? Would that be an area that would be worth considering?

I like your thinking, speed is everything with this coin, we should use that fully to our advantage!  Grin micro-betting is a perfect application

UTC UTC UTC
wtfc360

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:56:03 PM

Great work Usukan, you have always been positive and now stepping up as a leader, seems natural for you.

About ideas; How about making an app for making payment with UTC directly to a mobile phone number like the swedish "Swish"-system (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.bankgirot.swish&hl=en) where you basicly connect your mobile phone number to your bank account and then you can transfer (SEK) to any other mobile phone (also with the Swish app).
This kind of app would be "smaller" than a wallet and more user friendly, just chose phone number to send UTC and amount and leave a personal message and send.
Instead of connecting to your bank acount it would be connected to your wallet.
What do you think guys?
PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:52:59 PM

@Usukan

i will send you now in a PM the codes for the Official UTC Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/official_utc

There seems to be more twitter accounts of UTC with different administrators, maybe they can be contacted to put the power of news togheter.

Greetings,
Paul.

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:56:47 PM

I knew smacking that horse 1 more time would wake him up.  Roll Eyes Seriously though, it's good to see renewed interest in UTC. I always liked this coin and thought it had a future until the last 6 months or so. I wish the new team luck. I will be watching.  Smiley

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:55:07 PM

Yes its creeping up there which is indeed great to see. So far so good!

Nevertheless it needs community support and a strong belief in the coin to continue.

Its a self fulfilling prophecy - believe in the coin - buy some - its goes up - confirms your belief.

I bought some more

Cheers - usukan

We are up to the 150 spot in marketcap, this is huge for us, continue being active everyone, we are gaining interest!

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:16:53 PM

Roister01 and Uggle

Yes I believe this has to be added to our offering and vision.  It has been put up before and has merit.  Online betting is a big business and taking over from fiat options for a range of reasons.

Things to consider:
There are a lot of coins as fast or faster than UTC
Most betting sites work BTC/LTC/DOGE and on zero confs so its pretty much instant (risky and I think this will change with the way BTC is heading lately) - so thats positive
Are you suggesting we set up a UTC betting site or that we sell/market the UTC technology to existing sites - tough job because they have a lot of other alts knocing at their doors.
We absolutely need to fix the retarget before we even try this because it must be slow during a high diff period (although I have not experienced this issue yet?)

Wheel of DOGE was my favourite - but I can't seem to access it lately?

Cheers - usukan

Usukan...

I like your thinking, speed is everything with this coin, we should use that fully to our advantage!  Grin micro-betting is a perfect application

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:27:58 PM

Thanks wtfc360

I have always loved the idea of sending via SMS - its used in Africa but very complex to set up without a central server and participation of each mobile carrier.  I followed MYR (Myriadcoin) on this till they gave up on it over a year ago.

The system you describe here is slightly different in that it works via an app rather than just directly working from the SMS. You might just need each UTC wallet (on phone) to have an address linked to your mobile number (like you can just use either).

When you break it down to that - its sounding like it could just be an additional feature of perhaps what Emerge is proposing for the Android/IOS wallets system.  I dont really know - maybe Emerge could comment here?

Cheers - usukan

Great work Usukan, you have always been positive and now stepping up as a leader, seems natural for you.

About ideas; How about making an app for making payment with UTC directly to a mobile phone number like the swedish "Swish"-system (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.bankgirot.swish&hl=en) where you basicly connect your mobile phone number to your bank account and then you can transfer (SEK) to any other mobile phone (also with the Swish app).
This kind of app would be "smaller" than a wallet and more user friendly, just chose phone number to send UTC and amount and leave a personal message and send.
Instead of connecting to your bank acount it would be connected to your wallet.
What do you think guys?

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:30:04 PM

Thanks Paul - yes recd all OK.  Same conditions applied and will be followed.

I will not use these until we have a few more things sorted and we really have things to talk about.

Cheers - usukan

@Usukan

i will send you now in a PM the codes for the Official UTC Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/official_utc

There seems to be more twitter accounts of UTC with different administrators, maybe they can be contacted to put the power of news togheter.

Greetings,
Paul.

--

--
Roister01

Activity: 139

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:31:26 PM

Hi Usukan,

'Are you suggesting we set up a UTC betting site or that we sell/market the UTC technology to existing sites - tough job because they have a lot of other alts knocing at their doors.
We absolutely need to fix the retarget before we even try this because it must be slow during a high diff period (although I have not experienced this issue yet?)'

I agree 100%...the system needs to be working well before contemplating ideas such as this, though I am sure this new found enthusiasm is going to carry us far! We also need the android/iphone wallets working first, people need to be using the coins regularly I think.My thought was existing sites, getting in their early before mass adoption takes place, though I appreciate this could be a hard nut to crack - though we need to consider, if we cant 'crack these nuts' soon, it may be too late?
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:36:38 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:48:11 AM by usukan

haha - yeah hes standing up but seems a bit stiff.  We can't ask him to gallop just yet.

Of particular note - nice to see a few more miners stepping in at Alenevaa's pool
http://utc14.yacoin.club/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Some are sticking at it through the higher diff but I note one of the "anonymous" miners is still creaming it during low diff periods - but with a bit of competition from marsulon and Chip254 (especially Chip254 at high diff).  Great work guys.

Cheers usukan

I knew smacking that horse 1 more time would wake him up.  Roll Eyes Seriously though, it's good to see renewed interest in UTC. I always liked this coin and thought it had a future until the last 6 months or so. I wish the new team luck. I will be watching.  Smiley

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:42:38 PM

OK - its on the list.  When marketing starts firing we will get them onto this.  First up an analysis of the best targets while we are fixing up the coin foundations - then we can move when we have the product (the new UTC) ready to roll out.

Cheers - usukan

Hi Usukan,

'Are you suggesting we set up a UTC betting site or that we sell/market the UTC technology to existing sites - tough job because they have a lot of other alts knocing at their doors.
We absolutely need to fix the retarget before we even try this because it must be slow during a high diff period (although I have not experienced this issue yet?)'

I agree 100%...the system needs to be working well before contemplating ideas such as this, though I am sure this new found enthusiasm is going to carry us far! We also need the android/iphone wallets working first, people need to be using the coins regularly I think.My thought was existing sites, getting in their early before mass adoption takes place, though I appreciate this could be a hard nut to crack - though we need to consider, if we cant 'crack these nuts' soon, it may be too late?

--

--
Official Ultracoin Team (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Welcome to the future !

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:23:04 AM

Greetings from THE Official Ultracoin Team

I have tweeted on UTC Twitter and posted on this UTC forum - PaulR1 has provided full access to these UTC resources.  Thanks Paul.

Now - lets get working.

Cheers - usukan

Welcome to the future of Ultracoin - now upgrading to Ultracoin 3.0
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: