Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380959 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:26:50 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 12:40:06 AM by usukan

This "one-click" mining discussion cracks me up..........

Yeah we don't want non-technical people in THIS coin - and besides the technical dudes who have done most of the mining to date need to have the lions share of future distributions. Thats perfectly obvious to all. Its not centralisation at all - its just a select group of the elite producing supply - its not like we are printing money or anything!

Lets change the name to MOC - Miners Only Coin - so any newcomers really get the clear message to "back off".

This is the best strategy to ensure distributed ownership and mass adoption so that UTC can be a grand success.

Best we make everyone pass a very demanding set of technical tests first, to earn the right to mine - we just can't afford to have any plumbers, bakers or truck drivers owning, trading or God forbid "mining our coin".

This one-click miner is a very dangerous idea - it cuts right to the basis of everything we stand for at UTC - can we make it much harder to mine please? - I just don't want to share it with any more people at all AND we need to limit the supply as much as possible so the price goes way up - THEN sell to those idiot non-technical believers before they realise that they were suckered.

--

--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kracko

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:31:51 AM

There are already real uses for Ultracoin, and we get accepted by more and more businesses every week, of course, this trend needs to exponentially increased for Ultracoin to stay relevant which I am working on. However, if 90% of the Ultracoin is held in the hands of a small group (less than a thousand people) then how can we expect Ultracoin to remain decentralized? Do early adopters reap benefits? Of course, however, early adopters also include non-technical users that just want to mine with their GPU or gaming PC. Cryptocurrencies should not be be reserved for tech savvy individuals, a lot of the older generations control much of the wealth and commerce, and they too need to be involved. Not to mention that less tech savvy miners are going to be equipped with much less hash power (a GPU or two). If we want Ultracoin to be used for real world purposes, we need an economy, and to create that economy, we need more stakeholders. If not, Ultracoin will be centralized into the hands of the few, and with Scrypt-ChaCha, almost anybody can mine Ultracoin later down the road. Early adopters are still rewarded, but in this next step of Ultracoin's evolution we need more miners, users and businesses to use it.

There are already users that accept Ultracoin, for a larger list, check out the Use Ultracoin business directory or our Coinpayments directory: http://useultracoin.com/  |  https://www.coinpayments.net/store-directory-coin-UTC

And I still encourage users to participate in creating paper tip wallets and loading them with Ultracoin, this is an almost guaranteed way to get people into Ultracoin and only costs a few dollars and some time: http://tumblingblock.com/generate-wallet.html (Will be updated to the new logo soon)

We cannot afford to keep our community small forever, we must expand or we will become irrelevant in time. This next step ensures vitality into our future. The more people using Ultracoin, the more vibrant the economy, thus the more volume, acceptance, value, etc.

The one click miner will hook up to the multi-pool by default, this will increase buy support, however their will be options to mine Ultracoin directly as well. This is important from an investors perspective, especially when investors possess minimum knowledge on how to mine. They do not want to mine coins that are being dumped as that sends a bad message, however both options are there.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin Team

The logo, front and back images of the default design have been updated in the paper wallet generator.  Enjoy!

Kracko

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:45:57 AM

Hmm, dunno why, but when I run your settings 2 of my 6 cards run at 1.4 - 2.0 kh/s. The rest run at 3.43. The rig is with 8 gigs of ram, so the ram should't be the issue.
I get the same low hash on windows 8 but on vista I always get 3.5. Some thing about windows itself.

It is good to realize that Nvidia needs lot of more trafic between main board (chipset, CPU, memory) and GPU than AMD.
Perhaps bottle neck come there just as one possible suspect about why.  

What is HW combination what can really handle 6x GPU using maximal/enough  datastream speed for all these.

AMD (O. CL) do not care example if use 1x risers (due to much less needed data trafic thru PCI-E). But Nvidia (Cuda) start suffer even in fastest HW system if use 1x communication with PCI-E.  What HW (it need also look how CPU itself is related to this)  is designed for handle with real full speed 6x Nvidia GPU data trafic through PCI-E.  And still we are with  easy Nfactor 14.

Also operating system may affect due to things how they share resources.
I tried everything, single card to 6 cards and same thing.

Are you using any of your mining cards to drive a monitor?  That's a performance hit too.  You actually get less warps because of the memory taken to run a screen.   Do all the cards have adequate power?  Make sure you are using the latest version of CudaMiner too.  Earlier this year the Keccak portion had to be done single-threaded by CPU.  Now, most everything can be offloaded into the GPUs.  

I'm using Ubuntu Server 14.04.  It's still not perfect.  I always seem to have at least one card lagging a bit on each of my rigs- but not more than 10-15% from the highest at times.  Earlier versions of CudaMiner performed part of the algos by CPU.  I get 19-21khash on each 6 card rig.

Intel Celeron G1850 Dual Core 2.9GHz
ASRock H81 Pro
EVGA 750ti ACX Version (with 6pin power jacks) 3-4 each server
EVGA 750ti Non-ACX Version 2-3 each server
PCIe 1x Powered Risers (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA32C1EC4586)

You get plenty of adapters that come with the 1x risers so you can convert SATA and the 4-pin molex connectors to 6pin PCIe power jacks and to power the risers. I recommend at least a 650W PSU, single 12v rail.  Make sure it has enough SATA and 4 pin connectors to run a 4 pin molex to each card and a 6pin PCIe connector to the top of the GPU.  For the most part I dedicated 1 line off the PSU to powering the riser and the GPU.  With a 2-3 non-ACX cards running off the powered risers.  I have all six running on each of my rigs.

I wouldn't try to run more than one non-ACX style GPU in a setup without a powered riser as it will go beyond PCIe power specs (75W) and you run the risk of frying the traces in your mobo.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:07:12 AM

Hmm, dunno why, but when I run your settings 2 of my 6 cards run at 1.4 - 2.0 kh/s. The rest run at 3.43. The rig is with 8 gigs of ram, so the ram should't be the issue.
I get the same low hash on windows 8 but on vista I always get 3.5. Some thing about windows itself.

It is good to realize that Nvidia needs lot of more trafic between main board (chipset, CPU, memory) and GPU than AMD.

What is HW combination what can really handle 6x GPU using maximal/enough  datastream speed for all these.

AMD (O. CL) do not care example if use 1x risers (due to much less needed data trafic thru PCI-E). But Nvidia (Cuda) start suffer even in fastest HW system if use 1x communication with PCI-E.  What HW (it need also look how CPU itself is related to this)  is designed for handle with real full speed 6x Nvidia GPU data trafic through PCI-E.  And still we are with  easy Nfactor 14.

Are you using any of your mining cards to drive a monitor?  That's a performance hit too.  You actually get less warps because of the memory taken to run a screen.   Do all the cards have adequate power?  Make sure you are using the latest version of CudaMiner too.  Earlier this year the Keccak portion had to be done single-threaded by CPU.  Now, most everything can be offloaded into the GPUs.  

I'm using Ubuntu Server 14.04.  It's still not perfect.  I always seem to have at least one card lagging a bit on each of my rigs- but not more than 10-15% from the highest at times.  Earlier versions of CudaMiner performed part of the algos by CPU.  I get 19-21khash on each 6 card rig.

ASRock H81 Pro
PCIe 1x Powered Risers (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA32C1EC4586)

You get plenty of adapters that come with the 1x risers so you can convert SATA and the 4-pin molex connectors to 6pin PCIe power jacks and to power the risers. I recommend at least a 650W PSU, single 12v rail.  Make sure it has enough SATA and 4 pin connectors to run a 4 pin molex to each card and a 6pin PCIe connector to the top of the GPU.  For the most part I dedicated 1 line off the PSU to powering the riser and the GPU.  With a 2-3 non-ACX cards running off the powered risers.  I have all six running on each of my rigs.

I wouldn't try to run more than one non-ACX style GPU in a setup without a powered riser as it will go beyond PCIe power specs (75W) and you run the risk of frying the traces in your mobo.
thanks all that what you said was done and more. but still nothing works to get it to 3.6 mh/s. at this point windows vista will do it windows 8 wont and that is the only thing that works to get 3.6 . i wonder what it is about vista.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:59:12 AM

Sorry for any confusion here

this was "satire" - a particular style of writing to make a point with intrigue

Basically a joke

All bullshit actually

satire
noun
the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Please bring on the one-click miner

Yeah we don't want non-technical people in THIS coin - and besides the technical dudes who have done most of the mining to date need to have the lions share of future distributions. Thats perfectly obvious to all. Its not centralisation at all - its just a select group of the elite producing supply - its not like we are printing money or anything!

Lets change the name to MOC - Miners Only Coin - so any newcomers really get the clear message to "back off".

This is the best strategy to ensure distributed ownership and mass adoption so that UTC can be a grand success.

Best we make everyone pass a very demanding set of technical tests first, to earn the right to mine - we just can't afford to have any plumbers, bakers or truck drivers owning, trading or God forbid "mining our coin".

This one-click miner is a very dangerous idea - it cuts right to the basis of everything we stand for at UTC - can we make it much harder to mine please? - I just don't want to share it with any more people at all AND we need to limit the supply as much as possible so the price goes way up - THEN sell to those idiot non-technical believers before they realise that they were suckered.

I Agree 100% with you

--

--
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:27:01 AM

I'll shut-up then!
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:46:38 AM

Basically a joke

All bullshit actually

satire
noun
the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

I Agree 100% with you

I got it! Bring on the one click mining and let's get spreading the word
! Hopefully this will introduce 1000's of newcomers and also attract the redit users and 'under 18's' markets. Perhaps a YouTube video could be done to explain it.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:46:12 PM

Basically a joke

All bullshit actually

satire
noun

I Agree 100% with you

Ha ha...kind of backfired..
750Ti 1GB

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:17:57 PM

New purse (1.0.4.1) does not work. Angry
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:27:36 PM

Wow! UTC has gone up a lot lately!  Grin
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 08:13:12 PM

http://ultracointalk.org/index.php?topic=234.new#new

New Ultracoin acceptance images:

Compliments to B3DA on the re-design.

fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:58:02 PM

http://ultracointalk.org/index.php?topic=234.new#new

New Ultracoin acceptance images:

Compliments to B3DA on the re-design.

Keep on loving the second logo Smiley briljant Job!

fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:58:27 PM

Hello,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

I wonder if we would surpass any time the 1Million marketcap as we are toss and turning around 500k-700k and never go higher than that...if we can demolish this wall of 6 btc and surpass 0.00012-13....we maybe we can reach out the desired 0.0002-3 level stability for ultracoin....cheers for the new logo

So the wall is gone Smiley so lets see UTC grow on marketcap Smiley

volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:46:01 PM

Hello,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

I wonder if we would surpass any time the 1Million marketcap as we are toss and turning around 500k-700k and never go higher than that...if we can demolish this wall of 6 btc and surpass 0.00012-13....we maybe we can reach out the desired 0.0002-3 level stability for ultracoin....cheers for the new logo

So the wall is gone Smiley so lets see UTC grow on marketcap Smiley
It IS doing! UTC went up a lot today. 22% I think.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:55:02 PM

ASRock H81 Pro

you can get 10 PCIe 1x Powered Risers for ~$ 50 on amazon  o and it is windows 8 for some reason for the low hash rate.
ivcelmik

Activity: 519

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 07:07:17 PM

ASRock H81 Pro

you can get 10 PCIe 1x Powered Risers for ~$ 50 on amazon  o and it is windows 8 for some reason for the low hash rate.

Can someone help me with the .bat file for 750 Ti

Thx in advance
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:06:35 PM

[/quote]

Can someone help me with the .bat file for 750 Ti

Thx in advance
[/quote]
for Windows ?
Kracko

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:15:56 PM

ASRock H81 Pro

Don't use Windows 8 then.  Another thing to try is a 16x to 16x riser:  http://www.amazon.com/Powered-Flexible-Extender-Bitcoin-Mining/dp/B00CQB1RIU
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:35:02 PM

ASRock H81 Pro

Don't use Windows 8 then.  Another thing to try is a 16x to 16x riser:  http://www.amazon.com/Powered-Flexible-Extender-Bitcoin-Mining/dp/B00CQB1RIU

I had a single card in the mobo..no change. i use usb power risers.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:33:06 AM

UTC needs an Android wallet - urgently

Its crazy at this stage that it still does not have one.

Its essential for mass adoption and day to day use of the coin for "real world" things - on the run.

and of course an IPhone equivalent

AND

if you have got some spare time - check this out.

Its the simplest wallet you might ever imagine.  It really works.

http://cryptap.us/myr/jswallet/    anyone can use this in about 15 seconds

Personally I was stunned when I discovered this one.

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: