Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380955 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Official Ultracoin Team (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Welcome to the future !

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 07:43:11 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 07:53:51 PM by Official Ultracoin Team

@King_Pin

I have no intentions of letting this coin go full PoS. I was actually the one that was originally against it and managed to stop it. We are committed to maintaining a hybrid PoW/PoS distribution method.

@BorisWCR

We have our attention focused on the situation and have been giving it our utmost effort to address. We still have day jobs as well, however any free-time we have is going straight into creating solutions. I apologize if my posts are intermittently strung out through-out the day.

@Barbados

The mediafire link is safe, there shouldn't be any ads tied to the download however. You may want to check your browser for malware.

Welcome to the future of Ultracoin - now upgrading to Ultracoin 3.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:57:13 PM

Hey guys. My installation at your disposal. I remain in the network and will produce UTC and on, even if now will get 1 UTC day. You can count on me.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:03:32 PM

By the way, today received the good news from the team Fluttercoin - they restored purse mintpal V1 and reschayut return the coins back into my purse. Beyond praise.
Could UTC team to do the same? That would be great.

http://fluttercointalk.com/showthread.php?304-Mintpal-coins-are-back-!&p=1836#post1836

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:05:25 PM

Dear Community,

The same as Steven I take this blunder also very personally, as Steven said it before, because it was allowed to happen under our watch.

It will cost for everybody a head deck, it will cost miners coins to mine and it will cost everybody time to invest to reorganize and time to configure everything new.

I want to apologize sincerely for this to everyone.

Please keep in mind that our team is really doing their best to find out where it went wrong, to fix it a.s.a.p. and learn from it so it cannot happen again.

Kracko is 200% dedicated to UTC and will give all his free time this weekend to fix it, so if that will succeed there will be a solution before the new week will start.
Our time goal is to have Sunday the fix ready if everything goes well.

And a PS to some community members personally;
I understand that you are not happy and even that you are disappointed.
Again I sincerely apologize for this problems.
But please don’t throw baseless insinuations on this forum because it will not help UTC and it will not help yourself and your investment or UTC bag.

So keep the faith  (and no, as Steven already said: we don't go full poss). 

Management Announcement

Dear Ultracoin community members,

During the past few days we have experienced obvious difficulties on the Ultracoin network due on part to a bad NTP server that was giving an inaccurate time reading up to 7 minutes off, this caused oscillating difficulties on Ultrablockparty. The time was manually reset back to its correct time, however the sudden change in time skewed the difficulty even further, which in turn shifted the difficulty on the network. The shift in time caused the overall difficulty to fall so low that blocks were not being accepted and transactions ceased to be validated, effectively stalling the network. Myself and our pool operator/wallet developer "Kracko" worked early into the morning to provide a fix for the issue, which is when the updated version of the wallet was released, creating a hard fork in the blockchain to keep transactions rolling.

The following wallet mirrors are the only officials ones supported by the Ultracoin Team:

http://goo.gl/fljnhn --> http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mlod77w9ep7v87/ultracoin_733_win32.zip
http://www.tumblingblock.com/ultracoin_733_win32.zip
https://githhub.com/Kracko/ultracoin-2.git

After the new update, we hoped to fix the issue of the difficulty oscillations, however that issue was not remedied. We did not have enough time to adequately test the wallet in an isolated environment, but we were confident that it would get transactions validated again which we felt was most important. To say that the situation was a huge blunder is an understatement, however the management team is taking full responsibility and we will not stick our heads in the sand, we are working at full pace to get the issues resolved and come up with a stable network. We understand the gravity of the situation and are working extensively to get the issues resolved in a timely and professional manner. The next iteration of the wallet may once again require a hard fork, but may be finished as soon as a few days depending on how successful we are at testing, although we don't want to commit to a specific date yet.

What does this mean for miners? Miners are the lifeblood of any cryptocurrency, and we sincerely apologize on the impact this may have had on your mining operations. We understand that profitability and network stability are to be expected, and we have failed to deliver on those expectations, but please know we are working hard to correct ourselves. We have shot ourselves in the foot, but have discovered a network vulnerability in the process that we will be addressed for the future of Ultracoin. Miners, your profitability may be affected by the oscillating difficulties and orphans to the point where your mining has been affected. We understand that your self-interest in mining is important to our network, larger mining operations may want to point their rigs in other directions until we stabilize again to be used effeciently in regards to operating costs. I do ask that miners please keep some hash on the network to keep transactions and blocks flowing until we do get things settled again.

What does this mean for users? Your Ultracoin assets are safe. You must update to the latest version of the wallet in order send and receive funds. Transactions may take longer than usual due to the oscillating difficulty, however the blockchain is functioning albeit not at its usual rythm. Exchanges have updated their wallets and Ultracoin is still liquidable.

What does this mean for the management team and Ultracoin? We are committed to the long-term success and vitality of Ultracoin, and that means we are working hard to correct the situation. I take this blunder very personally, because it was allowed to happen under our watch. We have worked with the server host and are making sure we are not susceptible to these kinds of vulernabilites in the future with effort on both of our ends. We are also re-evaluating our pool structure and are moving towards reaching out to several third party pool operators to setup Ultracoin pools as well as work with the community to spread the hash so that no one pool ever has this much influence on the network as ultrablockparty did. We are giving all of our free-time to making sure we get a stable release out as soon as possible. We are also re-evaluating certain wallet features and parameters to make the next release is as effecient as possible. We understand that unlike big businesses that make big mistakes, we are a community with a lot of time, energy, and money invested in this coin and I take that commitment very seriously. Please bare with us while we fix these issues.

With sincere apologies,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
Steven@Ultracoin.net

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
Valpe

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:06:39 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 09:28:06 PM by Valpe

Rapture/Steven where are you Huh

You are urgently needed at this moment to give good information and guidelines about the update procedure of the new wallet  !?

Noobs as me are faithful to UTC but need help.... !!!!

Agree here

Its important that we have clear instructions on the wallet update procedure - and what to expect in terms of process and time to update/recode etc. Delete peers? reindex in command line etc etc?

urgently needed please Steven

Kracko a noob question about the wallet update. Please answe me.

I have the former version of the wallet V1041 on my laptop and i have some coins in the wallet.

Now arrived the new wallet version for an important update. http://[Suspicious link removed]/fljnhn

Can i just run this new update while the "old" V1041 is closed ?

And wil the new update run automaticly over the old version and update it the old version automaticly ?

Thanks for your answers....

Why you just dont read this forum?

Idid all this except addnode..idont need it.. Working well.

As king_pin allready writed:

The best way to install the wallet is:

1. Delete all files in %Appdata%\Ultracoin except wallet.dat (this is whre your coins are!)
2. Install ultracoin_733_win32
3. Create a file in %Appdata%\Ultracoin called ultracoin.conf
4. Add nodes to the file (just add his text to it):
          addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

This are the addresses of the pools.

If you get stuck on some block, restart the wallet, it usually helps.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★           
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 09:11:56 PM

I agree we need step by step guides on how to upgrade form management

Valpe

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:18:05 PM

If you look at the overall average we are still putting out a block every 30 seconds.  It's just not consistently spread out.  The same amount of coins are being mined even with the difficulty peaks we are experiencing.  The hash rate calculation is correct, even when it shows that we are 250mh/sec because it is very possible to achieve that rate with a very low difficulty.

We need our miners and we recognize the need for a consistent block time.   We will most likely release another update in the near future to move the re-target over a much longer period to reduce the oscillations we've been experiencing.  While the current retarget system is not optimal, it is still better than having the chain completely stuck as we were.  We're working on it guys.  A new update is in testing and we're hoping to have a fix for the difficulty oscillation within the next few weeks.  It will most likely involve an even longer smoothing interval, which will stabilize everything.  What we are shooting for is system that doesn't stray much outside of +/- 20% of the block time and that isn't as reliant on accurate time.
BULLSHIT

I was mining around 2000 UTC/day before the problems started.
The day of the total freeze of the network I mined only 1000 UTC/day.
Since than I have mined around 300-400 UTC/day for 2 days.

You are either ignorant or you are lying on purpose!
NOTHING IS OK WITH THE NETWORK!!!
Where are the coins???

I am glad I don't hold much UTC anymore, but now I have to reconfigure 20+ rigs, cause of your incompetence!

Im with you brother I have to move my rigs now too..pm me, any ideas where to go?

Isee you dont wanna support UTC.. Iam in 100% and I am sure dev team is doing all what they can and as fast than they can.

You are just crying ----- . If you are knowing the better way to fix problems -> give help. I am sure UTC team have room for skilled persons.

or you can dump your coins and please dont come back.

UTC is bigger and better than this and will succeed.

Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:25:42 PM

Can I send UTC-Coins from utc2.tumblingblock.com to my Wallet or Cryptsy? Is it safe?
Valpe

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:33:16 PM

Can I send UTC-Coins from utc2.tumblingblock.com to my Wallet or Cryptsy? Is it safe?

to you wallet should be ok if you have new wallet installed. Test couple coins at first, dont transfer all. Idont know if Cryptsy have new wallet.

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:34:29 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 09:51:40 PM by usukan

Thanks for this king_pin.  

A nice simple step by step guide which will help the many newcomers to UTC over the last few months.  Its an assumption by many here that most everyone knows all this stuff - but they don't and they are scared of screwing up and losing coins. Some will learn new things - some will just leave with a sour taste of UTC after they manage to move their coins again.

Personally I am not going to do any transactions or update wallets until the next hard fork and wallet update is out and tried and tested - confirmed good and mining/network stable.

One other step we might add for clarification - when you unzip the zip file you get at .exe and an .msi file - which one do you run to update? People are scared of trial and error learning with coins at stake  i.e.

1. Delete all files in %Appdata%\Ultracoin  except wallet.dat (this is whre your coins are!)
2. Install ultracoin_733_win32 - that is run the msi? file (or the exe file)
          addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

half the people out there don't know how to create a .conf file and edit it (so that process might be useful to add)

This feedback comes from following another coin (MYR) that had 3 timewarp exploits over the last few weeks and 2 hard forks with wallet updates that were required - most of the miners knew what to do - the rest of the coin holders just threw their hands up in exasperation and walked off - price halved!

1. Delete all files in %Appdata%\Ultracoin  except wallet.dat (this is whre your coins are!)
          addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

--

--
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:36:58 PM

to you wallet should be ok if you have new wallet installed. Test couple coins at first, dont transfer all. Idont know if Cryptsy have new wallet.
The Problem is, I can not send only a couple of coins via this pool, if I started the pool send all coins together.

I have a new blockchain indexed with the wallet Version v0.7.3.3-g13-gab29126-beta
Valpe

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

The Problem is, I can not send only a couple of coins via this pool, if I started the pool send all coins together.

I have a new blockchain indexed with the wallet Version v0.7.3.3-g13-gab29126-beta

I tested and working for me.

Date: 5.12.2014 23:41
To: Ubio7xbdXRkFCMJfCTnethpgddP5WYPT1q (own address)
Credit: 37.583053 UTC
Net amount: +37.583053 UTC
Transaction ID: 847cd0519206f4da251b18e3e037ece9a3f27f88cca7d661f77ec5450a47a7a6

Kracko

Activity: 456

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:56:07 PM

You are urgently needed at this moment to give good information and guidelines about the update procedure of the new wallet  !?

Agree here

Its important that we have clear instructions on the wallet update procedure - and what to expect in terms of process and time to update/recode etc. Delete peers? reindex in command line etc etc?

I have the former version of the wallet V1041 on my laptop and i have some coins in the wallet.

Now arrived the new wallet version for an important update. http://[Suspicious link removed]/fljnhn

And wil the new update run automaticly over the old version and update it the old version automaticly ?

1. Delete all files in %Appdata%\Ultracoin except wallet.dat (this is whre your coins are!)
          addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

Don't delete the files in that directory!  Someone might accidentally delete their wallet.dat.  The existing files are used in the upgrade process.  It is much faster to pull the chain from the previous versions blockdata file on your hard drive.  Once you start the new wallet it does this automatically.
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:13:39 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 12:23:02 AM by Namsbreh

Thanks for the updates team, keep them coming. Appreciate everyone is busy, but communications is a must, 2 mins once a day/when something happens, is all it needs.

I'll leave a couple of 750ti's pointed at UTC and will see what the future holds.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:15:30 PM

Well - when somebody gets time

Can they write a simple step by step guide to update wallet.

Seems even the experienced like king_pin don't know EXACTLY what to do.

Thanks

Agree here

addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

Don't delete the files in that directory!  Someone might accidentally delete their wallet.dat.  The existing files are used in the upgrade process.  It is much faster to pull the chain from the previous versions blockdata file on your hard drive.  Once you start the new wallet it does this automatically.

--

--
BorisWCR

Activity: 554
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:15:43 PM

Thanks for your answer Kracko.... so as noob I have to do this :

- I close my wallet v1041 (whit my 10k coins in the wallet)
- I delete nothing from any sort of files of Ultracoin wallet v1041
- I run this new update http://www.tumblingblock.com/ultracoin_733_win32.zip
- When I run the new update it will automatically find the old v10411 version and it will update this "old" version to the latest version
- It will automatically update the new blockchain

- But what then with the old v1041, it will be still on the pc ?

Agree here

addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 01:43:00 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 05:17:43 AM by king_pin

@Kracko
We have mined less than 2000 blocks, which makes less than 0.69 blocks a minute!
Which makes this untrue:

If you look at the overall average we are still putting out a block every 30 seconds.
Lets not forget the  one million ORPHANS!  Sad

How do you want me to be happy, I can bet that I have mined more than you have developed crypto, and Steven marketed restaurants,... I meant to say crypto. Smiley

@BorisWCR
As a noob yoy should listen to your older sisters say:
Delete everything in your old Ultracoin app data folder except wallet.dat
Just type  %Appdata%\Ultracoin in the addressbar and you will be redirected there.
You can do it before or after you install the new version, the Deamon (the program itself) and the wallet are on separate locations.

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
dcgirl

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:08:24 AM

hi everyone - had to chime in, just because I'm not seeing a very important step in all of the posts describing how to install/upgrade wallets. Please don't forget to backup your wallet.dat before you do anything, regardless of whether or not you delete files.
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 04:14:40 AM

Here is a guide I put out a while ago that may help newbies: http://ultracointalk.org/b3/how-installupdate-your-wallet/170/msg449#new

I believe the new wallet is compiled into a .exe and .msi and doesn't overwrite the wallet.dat by default, but I would ALWAYS create a backup just in case. The guide should help out.

Kracko

Activity: 456

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:23:06 AM

It probably will be as there was no uninstall with it.  You can delete v1041 executable as it will not do you any good at this point.

Thanks for your answer Kracko.... so as noob I have to do this :

- I close my wallet v1041 (whit my 10k coins in the wallet)
- I delete nothing from any sort of files of Ultracoin wallet v1041
- I run this new update http://www.tumblingblock.com/ultracoin_733_win32.zip
- When I run the new update it will automatically find the old v10411 version and it will update this "old" version to the latest version
- It will automatically update the new blockchain

- But what then with the old v1041, it will be still on the pc ?

Agree here

addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: