Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:12:30 AM

Honestly, I don't know much about burst besides mining... I didn't know there is in-fight of burst team members. Thanks for above comments to reveal this info. So, can I conclude that this DDOS attack that aiming to destroy burstcoin is from somebody in burst team (or ex-burst team)?

I do not think it is from burst-team.  They are the most heavily effected by it and the timing is just off.  I THINK it is coming from the "faction" to try to drive burst-team away but I have no proof of that only massive amounts of well timed smoke.  

As for crowetic I was not trying to start a debate on his intentions.  I personally believe them to be good, even though they were horribly carried out costing many much much more than me.  All of the animosity for him stems from 1 very stupid decision and he stuck around trying to make it right.  It wasn't until AFTER he blew up the leadership of the faction calling out the BS they were pulling and returned to burst-team to be repetitively kicked in the balls that he took the "fuck you guys I'm going home" approach.  Again I do believe he should have stood there and accepted every bit of frustration his share holders wanted to take out on him and then moved forward.  He could not/ would not do it.  It was not an evil master plan though, it was a mistake for which he found the consequences too high and peaced. He should not have done what he did, he should not have left, he should have stayed and made it right, he was not a conman though I do not believe.

I think most people that have followed burst and crowetic can separate the BN propaganda and the actual situation... at least in general terms.  For example... crowetic (and some others) tried to short the coin, keep the price down.  Who cares... their motivation regarding this may be right, may be wrong, may be misguided... but shorting happens every day.  They thought it would help their assets and the asset exchange stay healthy ...fine, may be right may be wrong.  What is an example of crowetic's pathetic decision making and leadership in this situation is HE TAPPED INTO INVESTOR MONEY TO TRY AND DO THIS.  Are you f'ing kidding me?!  And he plays it off as not a big deal...really?!  That should NEVER happen...EVER!

To me, inviting Adam G in... you can stop there and see someone lacking judgement and leadership.  I'm pretty sure Hellen Keller could size Adam G up and what he's about... yet crowetic couldn't.  And his poor decisions go well beyond that,  he's a complete joke. 
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomBurstCoinName

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:01:18 AM

To me, inviting Adam G in... you can stop there and see someone lacking judgement and leadership.  I'm pretty sure Hellen Keller could size Adam G up and what he's about... yet crowetic couldn't.  And his poor decisions go well beyond that,  he's a complete joke. 

I will be real honest I do not understand why crowetic tried to short the coin except to help nameless.   Crowetic, I do not think, was at risk.  Nameless had assets that were outside the umbrella of burstcoin so a sudden increase in price would have completely devastated him.   I was not heavily invested in Crowetics assets and didn't much care to know the ins and outs.  I also do not understand how his assets were hurt that bad.  Worst failed short I've seen cost ~50% and that was on a much more volatile coin.  Even if it had cost 50% if he had waited a few days he would have been able to return 90% of the coins he used.  Which may be why he did not think it was as big of a deal.  Its not like coins disappear.   I wanted to ask certain things like that while it was going down but everybody was too mad and did not want to get in the middle of it myself.  If you could explain to me why he was taking heat for losing all his investors money I would be grateful.

Quick update.  My personal resources have crashed and my wallet finally locked up so I have no idea whats going on at all with burstcoin.  Last I had seen shortly before I made my first post here was their pool and 1 other still mining away. Winning every other block in about 20s.

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:05:24 AM

Honestly, I don't know much about burst besides mining... I didn't know there is in-fight of burst team members. Thanks for above comments to reveal this info. So, can I conclude that this DDOS attack that aiming to destroy burstcoin is from somebody in burst team (or ex-burst team)?

I do not think it is from burst-team.  They are the most heavily effected by it and the timing is just off.  I THINK it is coming from the "faction" to try to drive burst-team away but I have no proof of that only massive amounts of well timed smoke.  

As for crowetic I was not trying to start a debate on his intentions.  I personally believe them to be good, even though they were horribly carried out costing many much much more than me.  All of the animosity for him stems from 1 very stupid decision and he stuck around trying to make it right.  It wasn't until AFTER he blew up the leadership of the faction calling out the BS they were pulling and returned to burst-team to be repetitively kicked in the balls that he took the "fuck you guys I'm going home" approach.  Again I do believe he should have stood there and accepted every bit of frustration his share holders wanted to take out on him and then moved forward.  He could not/ would not do it.  It was not an evil master plan though, it was a mistake for which he found the consequences too high and peaced. He should not have done what he did, he should not have left, he should have stayed and made it right, he was not a conman though I do not believe.

I don't think he meant "burst-team". He meant, "burst community".

Thanks for clarifying, I meant "burst community". Sorry for misunderstanding wording used...
cryptoyug

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:07:21 AM

Seems interesting coin. However market history isn't stable that still going to mine on my rig. hope for the best.
Thanks Team
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:35:16 AM

Hi. I see a lot of new people over here Smiley I am really sad about fact that, nobody write posts about problems here in orginal burst thread. If you meet in persxonal chats like slack or other shit then you dont inform normal users like me and others what is going on with coin.

I am with burst from genesis block i mined it until now. I sold 80% of my bursts on 700-900 sat and yesterday sold rest on 350 sat.
Sorry to say that, becouse it was a nice technology but after first dev was gone this project is failed one. Blockchain unstability, no running nodes, minig-pool ddosed, wallet crashed, bittrex will delist this coin soon. When i saw what is going on i send all my coins on bittrex and use it as my local wallet and it was good move becouse i can sell it without problems. Maybe if price will go down to 50-100 sat i will buy back some, but now i am out.
I wish you luck.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RandomBurstCoinName

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:50:01 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 06:43:59 AM by RandomBurstCoinName

Thanks for clarifying, I meant "burst community". Sorry for misunderstanding wording used...

I do not know.  I suspect.  The 4 pools that stayed out until shortly before I made that post were all controlled by members of the same group.  They claim its forked because of msg spamming but they all continue to mine.  Burstpool.net was the first to go down out of those 4, about 15 min before i first posted, and the only one not controlled by a core member of that group.  I believe they leave their pools mining on a dead fork rather than just wait for the devs to fix it is so they can yell about how they had money stolen from them when they are not awarded the blocks they mined that contained only their own transactions.

The next one that went down was burstcoin.space which was controlled by a core member but was not an adam/focus pool.  Most pools went down some were taken offline.  There is no reason to incestuously mine a fork.  I wasn't worried about it as long as local wallets were working but since mine went down I am wondering how many nodes are left.

Anyway I am all in to ride this out.  I cannot cash out now with my local wallet down so I am exactly where I did not want to be - crossing my fingers lexicon/dawallet/haitch/the rest I don't know can fix this.  

Edit - Missed this... Apparently there is a reason to incestuously mine a fork lol.  Maybe Adam will be a savior! lol https://steemit.com/news/@lexicon/burstcoin-network-large-scale-attack

I am back online on my local wallet after deleting my db and re-downloading it appears I am on the same fork as that group
wilkas

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:55:54 AM

Where can I ask for few burstcoins to start mining? BURST-JRZ6-5LCC-6GCB-DGXHH . Will return 5x upon first income.
kozak.finance

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:55:22 AM

Is BURST dead? Any news?
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

Is BURST dead? Any news?

I would characterize it as stalled at the moment.
Cocakiko

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:16:19 PM

Where can I ask for few burstcoins to start mining? BURST-JRZ6-5LCC-6GCB-DGXHH . Will return 5x upon first income.

DDos attach is start and can't mining. Wait some day  Smiley
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:31:46 PM

Edit - Missed this... Apparently there is a reason to incestuously mine a fork lol.  Maybe Adam will be a savior! lol https://steemit.com/news/@lexicon/burstcoin-network-large-scale-attack

Thank you so much for sharing the post from lexicon, he described the problem and current situation clearly. I saw the difficulty at mining pool ~37000, so I thought the attack was over and everything back to normal, but lexicon's post stated burst has split to 5 chains currently, so current chain might not the correct chain or maybe a rollback event will perform.
danko991

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:34:02 PM

Here is my update:
Online wallet is offline.I can't mine.When i click on start mining,nothing happens.
Local wallet won't start.I can't aces my coins.Nothing is working.
For now,all is dead.
RandomBurstCoinName

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:06:14 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 10:17:28 PM by RandomBurstCoinName

Here is my update:
Online wallet is offline.I can't mine.When i click on start mining,nothing happens.
For now,all is dead.

Go to your install directory "%appdata%\roaming\BurstWallet" run "run_safe_mode.bat" give it a minute to start up then launch your burst wallet.  Most pools are still down so you can change your reward assignment to yourself to solomine for the time being.    Please note: You will have to wait for your local db to update which can take sometime depending on many factors.  #HardcoreSoloMine

Maybe Adam isn't all bad.  I did not expect him to offer up all the burst being gained from this attack to the dev fund.   With no devs left in his group I can only assume he plans to turn it over to lexicon.  If he is serious and actually goes through with it maybe he does want to help the coin.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:05:12 PM

Here is my update:
For now,all is dead.

Go to your install directory "%appdata%\roaming\BurstWallet" run "run_safe_mode.bat" give it a minute to start up then launch your burst wallet.  Most pools are still down so you can change your reward assignment to yourself to solomine for the time being.    Please note: You will have to wait for your local db to update which can take sometime depending on many factors.  #HardcoreSoloMine

Maybe Adam isn't all bad.  I did not expect him to offer up all the burst being gained from this attack to the dev fund.   With no devs left in his group I can only assume he plans to turn it over to lexicon.  If he is serious and actually goes through with it maybe he does want to help the coin.

Source about the dev fund?

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
RandomBurstCoinName

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:30:48 PM

He said it over his podcast, i mean radio show, I think they get uploaded to his yt channel?
ljconstructionpa

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:50:51 AM

where can i download the updated block chain for local wallet?
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:55:34 AM

He said it over his podcast, i mean radio show, I think they get uploaded to his yt channel?

Not on YT channel that I can find.  Doubtful, where did you see it again? 
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 05:30:03 AM

Here is my update:
For now,all is dead.

Okay one more time for all the kids out there. This is how you survive on burst. First of all do not download the all-in-one wallet. Use online tools and online wallets to create your wallet. Then use only the mining software on your personal PC. Then pick a pool and stick with it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:37:45 AM

Here is my update:
For now,all is dead.

Okay one more time for all the kids out there. This is how you survive on burst. First of all do not download the all-in-one wallet. Use online tools and online wallets to create your wallet. Then use only the mining software on your personal PC. Then pick a pool and stick with it.

Whats wrong with AiO wallet? Cant sync with blockchain with it. Will have to try your advice.
Disconnecting

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:45:28 AM

i have a few bursts in polo.. i think this is a good coin.. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: