Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:47:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375325 times)
TonySon

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:07:22 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 05:35:29 AM by TonySon

Grin  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913172.0
 Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

For sure Magi (XMG). While you need to continuously invest in new and fast hardware to mine other coins, Magi goes the other way. The less the total hashrate, the higher the block reward. Imagine a currency that you can mine with a usual home computer, a tablet, a raspi, a PS3 / Wii or even a smartphone. That's a target that Magi tries to achieve.

meliketitties

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:27:37 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 08:52:02 AM by meliketitties

With so many giveaways and prizes going on, it is obvious that the XMG Giveaway Virus is still rife and virulent. I seem to have caught a second dose of it. I am giving away 250 XMG to anybody that can help out with some program code and provide the utility I require, or 100 XMG to anybody who can provide a link to a web page that gives me exactly what I am looking for. Believe me, I have tried.

What I need is a standalone executable (does not matter if it needs a few dlls) that reads the CPU temperature and returns it as a number (any units, Kelvins, deciKelvins, whatever) if the data is available, or an error if it is not supported on that CPU. Sounds simple, but it isn't.

I know about using wmic but the command is supported on only a very limited range of CPUs - later Intels, so it seems. The actual data is available from registers on the CPU which may differ from CPU model to model, so it is a bit of a git really. I do not need, or want, a gui utility like many of those available. Something much simpler - just the numbers will do. Ideally I would like to run the utility from a command line and direct the output to a file e.g. GetCPUtemp.exe >temperature.txt but maybe I am asking for too much?

Any takers?

No really ... there's some XMG in it for you ... Cheesy

Here are the links for lightweight portable HW monitors. The open source one can give sensor output to tray or gadget with right click on sensor.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/
Virustotal score: 0/57 -clean

the other is CPUID HWmonitor. It has multiple core read capability. 64 and 32 bit standalone files in a compressed .zip. It creates an ini file after first launch. You can also manually export data to txt.

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.27.zip
Virustotal score:  0/57 -clean

The no-fuss monitoring software is Core Temp, with plugin features like remote monitoring, txt logging and other stuff.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/core_temp_1_rc4.html
You can also ask the developer for the plugin you want. Command line access might already be in the features.

HWinfo is another multiple sensor reader with txt export capability.
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

JasonXtreme

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:30:27 AM

This is a message I sent Joe the other day, involving a radical idea that may or may not be feesible. As Joe has a lot on his plate I've decided to let the community munch it over a bit before he gets to reading it Wink

What follows is an unpolished, unfinished idea, and as you might have noticed, I am incapable of short versions, so take your time when reading it to fully grasp my meaning Wink

I was up last night as I had a bit too much coffee and was thinking on how to eliminate the big miners without hurting the rest of the network. The answer - you can't, at least not the way cryptomining is designed now. Even if you limit the POW to let's say 160KH/s, there is nothing stopping me from splitting 700KH/s onto six or seven accounts and seven threads, still increasing the overall hashrate of the network and bringing down the reward, gaining more profit than the average CPU miner. So I came up with a safety switch.

Each CPU has info on it (at least most every recent one) including brand, model, and unique serial number accessible via C++ code. This can be used to limit a person's mining ventures, but only (and this is the biggest downside I can think of) if the code for the miner remains closed-source. This of course clashes with most of the mining logic to evenly distribute money, so that also needs to be redefined a bit for the concept to work.

Imagine the following scenario:

The block chain is mostly left intact, meaning that hashes are calculated, and blocks are closed and people get MAGI. But instead of the person closing the block getting all of the reward, the WHOLE network works as a pool. A user has a minimum hashrate of 1 KH/s to remain viable for currency gain. A user has a maximum hashrate of 30KH/s that he can dedicate to mining in the network pool, thus increasing the network's overall gain. Once a block is closed, the reward is split EVENLY among all participants trying to close that block, regardless of their contributed hashrate. This basically ensures that every participating miner, regardless of their CPU capabilities, is capable of mining the same sum over the course of a day - distributing the cryptocurrency evenly. To prevent a user from mining with several accounts as he can now, the CPU unique number is included in the hashchain, ensuring that one CPU is mining at the same gain as every other, or in other words, one CPU cannot run two threads for two users at the same time. If it reaches more than 30KH in a second (per CPU, not user), the rest of the attempts to close the block are denied for that CPU for the remainder of the timeframe (they are invalid, even if block closure is achieved by the >30000th attempt). This is why the source should probably remain closed, otherwise, a workaround sending fake CPU IDs can be constructed.

For those that want to get ahead (in other words, want to throw their oversized hashrate at the system) there is a separate hashchain, very much similar to the current one - the rewards get smaller as more and more hashes are sent, BUT, you have a bigger statistical chance of receiving the reward of a closed block in proportion to your additional hashrate compared to the total competing hashrate of this second chain. So the rewards are still split, and closing a block is still not a guarantee of profit - you only get a bigger chance if you mine with more powerfull gear (but the rewards are, like now, proportional to the overall network hashrate, and will thus not overpower a regular miner by much).

Together, the two hashchains should distribute the currency evenly among users, with the small folk getting an even share, and the big guys duking it out for spare change (with each block chain leveling block reward separately).

Of course, I may have overlooked some important detail, but I wanted to share my thoughts with you and the rest of the comminuty Smiley

Please, let me know what you think.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:49:14 AM

Wow. Have some reading to do. I will respond on this JasonXtreme! Thanks.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:03:34 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 10:30:18 AM by z0n0

Currently it doesn't have sense to mine Magi for me, I have total hashpower ~200 kh/s on 8 computers. With current block reward, I can get ~2-3 XMG per day.
Electricity bill > XMG/day profit

So is there any other CPU coin with higher profit?

Don't worry, I'm not quiting on MAGI Smiley No way!!!

thanks
hefty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:39:10 AM

@Jason,

I like the idea a lot. Miners getting an even reward for mining and supporting Coin Magi would be great.
There should be no competition between miners imho.
If you want to "outmine" others, you should not be mining Coin Magi.
Mining XMG is a joint effort and should best lead to an evenly shared reward among all miners for making XMG the greatest coin ever.
Maybe the wallet could function as the network-pool miner?

exactly, i was just reading jasonxtreme post it have some great ideas yours 2 Digi. I dont know if this is posible but can you make a new wallet that will have some code in it to prevent solo mining bc mining solo cannot be controlled easy, and have deal with the pools i dont know if this is possible 2, to somehow limit maximum output of a single pool to lets say 5 mhs we now have 5 pools and nethashrate would be at 25 mhs that way. And let each pool mine as 1 individual who splits mined xmgs every day between miners same amount per miner.

cheers  Smiley

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:23:19 AM

Awesome guys. Thanks z0n0 thats the spirit!
I see very good ideas.
I think we have to wait a little bit with the launch of the new Proof of Mining when we are working out these new ideas.
In the mean time the Proof of Interest is a huge succes and the people who are joining that one will be happy in the end. I will report this to our anonymous donator and ask him for the options for another Proof of Interest campaign for the second half of this year!

z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:27:36 AM

Awesome guys. Thanks z0n0 thats the spirit!
I see very good ideas.
I think we have to wait a little bit with the launch of the new Proof of Mining when we are working out these new ideas.
In the mean time the Proof of Interest is a huge succes and the people who are joining that one will be happy in the end. I will report this to our anonymous donator and ask him for the options for another Proof of Interest campaign for the second half of this year!

Wow, like always magical things going on Smiley

light85bit

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:37:32 AM

For those who missed it; an easy way to lay your hands on XMG 250 or more :

http://www.coinmagipuzzle.org/

1st prize: XMG 1,000
2nd prize: XMG 500
3rd to 10th prizes: XMG 250

1st and 2nd Time are probably hard to beat, but plenty opportunities to puzzle your way into the Top 10 and go for XMG 250 !

Hehehe, the 1st is me Smiley

XMG's value at https://bittrex.com/ is 11450 too, its nice, but the block value drop under 1 now, lol. I hope some big miners will reduce the hash this time  Grin

Cool 45 seconds Cool

Practise, practise ...  Grin
Shhhhh no hope... i tried it alot but false, its hopeless... you took 500XMG from me forever lol
TonySon

Activity: 396

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:08:30 PM

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Spexx

Activity: 350

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:30:13 PM

With so many giveaways and prizes going on, it is obvious that the XMG Giveaway Virus is still rife and virulent. I seem to have caught a second dose of it. I am giving away 250 XMG to anybody that can help out with some program code and provide the utility I require, or 100 XMG to anybody who can provide a link to a web page that gives me exactly what I am looking for. Believe me, I have tried.

What I need is a standalone executable (does not matter if it needs a few dlls) that reads the CPU temperature and returns it as a number (any units, Kelvins, deciKelvins, whatever) if the data is available, or an error if it is not supported on that CPU. Sounds simple, but it isn't.

I know about using wmic but the command is supported on only a very limited range of CPUs - later Intels, so it seems. The actual data is available from registers on the CPU which may differ from CPU model to model, so it is a bit of a git really. I do not need, or want, a gui utility like many of those available. Something much simpler - just the numbers will do. Ideally I would like to run the utility from a command line and direct the output to a file e.g. GetCPUtemp.exe >temperature.txt but maybe I am asking for too much?

Any takers?

No really ... there's some XMG in it for you ... Cheesy

Here are the links for lightweight portable HW monitors. The open source one can give sensor output to tray or gadget with right click on sensor.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/

the other is CPUID HWmonitor. It has multiple core read capability. 64 and 32 bit standalone files in a compressed .zip. It creates an ini file after first launch. You can also manually export data to txt.

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.27.zip
Virustotal score:  0/57 -clean

The no-fuss monitoring software is Core Temp, with plugin features like remote monitoring, txt logging and other stuff.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/core_temp_1_rc4.html
You can also ask the developer for the plugin you want. Command line access might already be in the features.

HWinfo is another multiple sensor reader with txt export capability.
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Thanks for that and I do know all about them, have rejected them and am looking for something much much simpler. I do not want a gui at all and I certainly do not want anything that requires an installation procedure of any kind. That is not what I am looking for. I have a feeling that what I need does not exist, or if it does then it will be in some quiet little-known backwater of the Web that I do not know about.

Spexx

Activity: 350

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:00:53 PM

Somebody is currently connected to my account on XMGpool. It isn't me. They are throwing about 60 Kh/s at it and have been doing it for some time now. This can happen if you just keep clicking "Ok" during setup of my software, or if you just let it sit there running a diagnostic, so maybe somebody got a bit click-happy? Anyways, you mined a block for me about half an hour ago.

Thanks matey Cheesy

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:23:18 PM

Update on the m-face team members:

Old MagiTeam members (mostly remaining in the m-face as well)
111magic, SamWalters, ex33s, jawitech, Blackcoiner, xmgmx

New members in extended MagiTeam (m-face)
kondiomir, go6ooo1212, prfagun1, digibob00, BitcoinFX, NeedIfFindIt, Spexx, hefty, Lightsplasher, Historical, Erkallys

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10559436#msg10559436
(it's very ease to join, just let me know if you intend to be one of us)

Here we welcome Erkallys!

As I spoke to Erkallys when he asked to join, the current status is that "I am barely able to push the m-project forward effectively right now". So now the project is no more than a name; other than that the growth of members is an indication in part the growth of the community though. Smiley Some stuffs of mine I have to deal with need settling down, afterwards I will turn the most of time currently spent somewhere back to the coin stuffs and push the m-project forward. Special thanks to all people around in the community, posting and answering questions. I do see our special members here since the beginning. That's the merit of the magi.

Welcome Royalwebgrup!  Your in the Magi-face.
Magi Team keeps growing and thats good news!
Joe can you add Royalwebgrup to the list?

The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 03:58:01 PM

1st and 2nd Time are probably hard to beat, but plenty opportunities to puzzle your way into the Top 10 and go for XMG 250 !

XMG's value at https://bittrex.com/ is 11450 too, its nice, but the block value drop under 1 now, lol. I hope some big miners will reduce the hash this time  Grin

Cool 45 seconds Cool

Shhhhh no hope... i tried it alot but false, its hopeless... you took 500XMG from me forever lol

45 secs, and 128 moves. That's almost 3 moves per second, which is not regular possible.

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:06:42 PM

This is a message I sent Joe the other day, involving a radical idea that may or may not be feesible. As Joe has a lot on his plate I've decided to let the community munch it over a bit before he gets to reading it Wink

What follows is an unpolished, unfinished idea, and as you might have noticed, I am incapable of short versions, so take your time when reading it to fully grasp my meaning Wink

I was up last night as I had a bit too much coffee and was thinking on how to eliminate the big miners without hurting the rest of the network. The answer - you can't, at least not the way cryptomining is designed now. Even if you limit the POW to let's say 160KH/s, there is nothing stopping me from splitting 700KH/s onto six or seven accounts and seven threads, still increasing the overall hashrate of the network and bringing down the reward, gaining more profit than the average CPU miner. So I came up with a safety switch.

Each CPU has info on it (at least most every recent one) including brand, model, and unique serial number accessible via C++ code. This can be used to limit a person's mining ventures, but only (and this is the biggest downside I can think of) if the code for the miner remains closed-source. This of course clashes with most of the mining logic to evenly distribute money, so that also needs to be redefined a bit for the concept to work.

Imagine the following scenario:

The block chain is mostly left intact, meaning that hashes are calculated, and blocks are closed and people get MAGI. But instead of the person closing the block getting all of the reward, the WHOLE network works as a pool. A user has a minimum hashrate of 1 KH/s to remain viable for currency gain. A user has a maximum hashrate of 30KH/s that he can dedicate to mining in the network pool, thus increasing the network's overall gain. Once a block is closed, the reward is split EVENLY among all participants trying to close that block, regardless of their contributed hashrate. This basically ensures that every participating miner, regardless of their CPU capabilities, is capable of mining the same sum over the course of a day - distributing the cryptocurrency evenly. To prevent a user from mining with several accounts as he can now, the CPU unique number is included in the hashchain, ensuring that one CPU is mining at the same gain as every other, or in other words, one CPU cannot run two threads for two users at the same time. If it reaches more than 30KH in a second (per CPU, not user), the rest of the attempts to close the block are denied for that CPU for the remainder of the timeframe (they are invalid, even if block closure is achieved by the >30000th attempt). This is why the source should probably remain closed, otherwise, a workaround sending fake CPU IDs can be constructed.

For those that want to get ahead (in other words, want to throw their oversized hashrate at the system) there is a separate hashchain, very much similar to the current one - the rewards get smaller as more and more hashes are sent, BUT, you have a bigger statistical chance of receiving the reward of a closed block in proportion to your additional hashrate compared to the total competing hashrate of this second chain. So the rewards are still split, and closing a block is still not a guarantee of profit - you only get a bigger chance if you mine with more powerfull gear (but the rewards are, like now, proportional to the overall network hashrate, and will thus not overpower a regular miner by much).

Together, the two hashchains should distribute the currency evenly among users, with the small folk getting an even share, and the big guys duking it out for spare change (with each block chain leveling block reward separately).

Of course, I may have overlooked some important detail, but I wanted to share my thoughts with you and the rest of the comminuty Smiley

Please, let me know what you think.

Nice ideas, however, a couple things kind of come to mind around it.  My feel is that we should avoid anything that sets things up in a way where there can be a single point or two of failure.  If we are all mining in one or two pools there can be security issues.  Additionally with a larger market cap many people will be trying to shut down these pools simply to try to control the money supply.  (If the supply is dropped the price tends to spike up and any large bag holder might be tempted to try this before unloading their holdings.)

Tying the payouts to the mac address of a CPU might not solve much because many people have access to LAN resources or a host of older devices.  I doubt it would end up distributing things much more evenly but it might change up the distributions a bit.  Even with closed source there is no guaranty that someone won't try to reverse engineer the code if they have too much time on their hands.

I would think that limiting mining to around 200 KH/s per ip address might be an option but as others have pointed out there are people with access to many ip address.  This would make things more difficult for the GPU guys and botnets if they exist and might be an incentive for those people to go and look for easier things to do.  It could be done by just raising the ban count for any node generating more than 200 KH/s and shutting it out the peer to peer network for 24 hours.  My guess is that this could be done pretty easy but we would all have to PoW mine solo which would shut out many people from mining (these people could still use PoS however)

To me it really boils down to an issue where people need to be aware that for the long term benefit of everyone it is best to work together and voluntarily not try to over mine the resource.  The current block reward system is really nice this way.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

Thanks JasonX; will respond later on.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:40:22 PM

Currently it doesn't have sense to mine Magi for me, I have total hashpower ~200 kh/s on 8 computers. With current block reward, I can get ~2-3 XMG per day.
Electricity bill > XMG/day profit

So is there any other CPU coin with higher profit?

Don't worry, I'm not quiting on MAGI Smiley No way!!!

thanks

Alternatively mining for PoM Smiley, that being said PoM is like hiring miners. I am curious how many coins one is comfortable with as the reward for remaining to be a participant in the PoM campaign (let's say with 200kh/s hashrate). Reason I am asking this is to see how much rewards we should make to have the PoM launch working effectively.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 04:55:10 PM

Cool 45 seconds Cool

45 secs, and 128 moves. That's almost 3 moves per second, which is not regular possible.

Hacks Grin
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:23:33 PM

Will Magi have more than 400 pages here this month?
I think its going to happen.
Awesome to see the community is working with eachother to make Magi stronger!
Magi will have a Magical 2015.
Question i notice whitepuma.net is not longer active. Is there a new one were i can tip people with Twitter??

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:47:33 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------  The current block reward system is really nice this way.

If i read it correct;
you mean also that Magi need more pools with that kind of rules right?

Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: