Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:36:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375325 times)
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:59:51 PM

Shared the puzzle on facebook! Smiley
Think you did a great job with this!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:56:42 PM

Nice. I think, if we have second PoI project it will be more successable then first.
Everyone knows for PoI, and many people missed to board the train .. Wink
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:09:22 PM

Nice. I think, if we have second PoI project it will be more successable then first.
Everyone knows for PoI, and many people missed to board the train .. Wink

Yes they have the chance to join the second one!
at least I hope that the anonymous donor will help with the fund for that.
But first things first! lets see how the the first one will do!

goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 08:25:02 PM

For those who missed it; an easy way to lay your hands on XMG 250 or more :

http://www.coinmagipuzzle.org/

1st prize: XMG 1,000
2nd prize: XMG 500
3rd to 10th prizes: XMG 250

1st and 2nd Time are probably hard to beat, but plenty opportunities to puzzle your way into the Top 10 and go for XMG 250 !

Hehehe, the 1st is me Smiley

XMG's value at https://bittrex.com/ is 11450 too, its nice, but the block value drop under 1 now, lol. I hope some big miners will reduce the hash this time  Grin

Cool 45 seconds Cool

Practise, practise ...  Grin
Shhhhh no hope... i tried it alot but false, its hopeless... you took 500XMG from me forever lol

45 secs, and 128 moves. That's almost 3 moves per second, which is not regular possible.

Hacks Grin

Hmmm... that would be a pity.
The goal of http://www.coinmagipuzzle.org/ is to have the Coin Magi community play the game and share their results with friends, and invite friends through Facebook,
so more new people would get to know Coin Magi. It would be nice if new people could win some XMG and start using the coin.
Now it seems our community itself is playing like madmen to get those prizes themselves.
If they really hacked and cheated on top of that, that would be sad.

Sry it was only a joke.
In the game world when someone lose they always scream HACKS coz most of them cant take the losses Grin
goldlabel

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 08:28:43 PM

Guy`s thx for those xmg`s Grin
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:40:13 PM

Even in minecraft we are mining XMG  Grin

Thank you for the great picture!!

Community remember to vote here https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
You can use free votes but also cryptsypoint to vote for Magi.
I have a good feeling about Cryptsy but i received a little advice to get more votes there! Wink

Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:11:05 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 03:21:57 AM by Spexx

Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored. Waiting for the new POM to start. Better do something constructive.

New Windows Software Release

32 and 64 bit supported.

I was thinking to myself the other day about the need for a reliable, repeatable method for benchmarking the speed of the XMG miner on a Windows PC. I figured that I could publish a list of instructions on how to do it - not rocket science - but thought it would be better to have some software do it for you, so here it is.

Brand spanking new XMG Magi Miner Benchmark utility.

This utility will run a miner in the background for 10 minutes, collect the CPU and hashrate information, then display the results in an information window. It also preserves the results in a text file with the date and time as part of the file name. Provided that the computer is otherwise completely idle, this utility should provide a reliable and repeatable benchmark figure for your computer (in Kh/s) to within about +/- 0.4 percent. Running the benchmark while Windows is booted into Safe Mode will give the most consistent results. The text file output can be copied and pasted into a Forum post or Private Message for example, to allow others to share your results. Hefty - you are gonna love this ...

Get it here

Download the executable file XMG-Bench-Win.exe and run it.
This is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to folder C:\XMGminer by default.
Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\Benchsetup.bat which creates a startup script and desktop icon for you.

The package is designed to live alongside my Autominer software and use the same minerd binaries as your current configuration, but it can also be used standalone. If the minerd binaries are not present in a sub-folder, the Benchsetup.bat will download them for you (subject to the usual warnings about anti-virus software of course).

The behavior of the software is designed to encourage you to leave the damn thing alone while the benchmark is running. You will see what I mean.

What you see is what you get ...

and what you get will depend on the time of day.

Go on now - have a play.

Happy benchmarking Cheesy

Edit: Whoa ... stop the bus!

Now I have a version of the Benchmark utility which runs multiple instances of the miner - one for each CPU core present - collects the whole flippin lot of data and gives you a result for that mode - Multiplex mode.

Update package here  Now included in package

Download and run the executable XMG-Bench-Multiplex-Addon-Win.exe
As usual, it is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to C:\XMGminer by default.
There is no setup procedure, but you need to have installed the main package first.

You will find a file called Benchmx.vbs has been created, along with a few others. Make a shortcut to this on your Desktop and you are ready to roll another type of benchmark. Benchsetup.bat now creates two Desktop icons for you.

Interesting results ...

goldlabel

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 09:51:49 PM

Even in minecraft we are mining XMG  Grin

Thank you for the great picture!!

Community remember to vote here https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
You can use free votes but also cryptsypoint to vote for Magi.
I have a good feeling about Cryptsy but i received a little advice to get more votes there! Wink

Just bought some votes at Cryptsy for xmg did you allready vote on Cryptsy?
hefty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:54:51 PM

OMG i logged in just to say big THANK YOU spexx  Grin can i put this on magi hash thread  Smiley with this utility there will be no more fluke data,

i thought of going to sleep, now i need coffee 4 benching Cheesy

Cheers m8s  Smiley

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:58:16 PM

OMG i logged in just to say big THANK YOU spexx  Grin can i put this on magi hash thread  Smiley with this utility there will be no more fluke data,

You are very welcome. Yep you can post that anywhere. FREE software matey Cheesy

I thought you might be pleased.

goldlabel

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 10:15:45 PM

Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored. Waiting for the new POM to start. Better do something constructive.

New Windows Software Release

32 and 64 bit supported.

I was thinking to myself the other day about the need for a reliable, repeatable method for benchmarking the speed of the XMG miner on a Windows PC. I figured that I could publish a list of instructions on how to do it - not rocket science - but thought it would be better to have some software do it for you, so here it is.

Brand spanking new XMG Magi Miner Benchmark utility.

This utility will run a miner in the background for 10 minutes, collect the CPU and hashrate information, then display the results in an information window. It also preserves the results in a text file with the date and time as part of the file name. Provided that the computer is otherwise completely idle, this utility should provide a reliable and repeatable benchmark figure for your computer (in Kh/s) to within about +/- 0.4 percent. Running the benchmark while Windows is booted into Safe Mode will give the most consistent results. The text file output can be copied and pasted into a Forum post or Private Message for example, to allow others to share your results. Hefty - you are gonna love this ...

Get it here

Download the executable file XMG-Bench-Win.exe and run it.
This is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to folder C:\XMGminer by default.
Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\Benchsetup.bat which creates a startup script and desktop icon for you.

The package is designed to live alongside my Autominer software and use the same minerd binaries as your current configuration, but it can also be used standalone. If the minerd binaries are not present in a sub-folder, the Benchsetup.bat will download them for you (subject to the usual warnings about anti-virus software of course).

The behavior of the software is designed to encourage you to leave the damn thing alone while the benchmark is running. You will see what I mean.

What you see is what you get ...

and what you get will depend on the time of day.

Go on now - have a play.

wow great work, just run it a works like a charm
hefty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:33:29 PM

Hey guys can you post data or pm me from txt file you get with spexx bench utility, i will send 5 xmgs to first 50 pms i get, 1 pm per one user i know its not much, i would send more but i dont have that much xmgs right now Smiley

cheers m8s  Smiley

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:28:22 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 03:23:08 AM by Spexx

Re: XMG Magi Miner Benchmark utility

Whoa ... stop the bus!

Now I have a version of the Benchmark utility which runs multiple instances of the miner - one for each CPU core present - collects the whole flippin lot of data and gives you a result for that mode - Multiplex mode.

Update package here Now included in package below

Download and run the executable XMG-Bench-Multiplex-Addon-Win.exe
As usual, it is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to C:\XMGminer by default.
There is no setup procedure, but you need to have installed the main package first.

Main package here

You will find a file called Benchmx.vbs has been created, along with a few others. Make a shortcut to this on your Desktop and you are ready to roll another type of benchmark. Benchsetup.bat now creates two Desktop icons for you.

Interesting results ...

meliketitties

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:37:50 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 01:21:18 AM by meliketitties

Thanks for that and I do know all about them, have rejected them and am looking for something much much simpler. I do not want a gui at all and I certainly do not want anything that requires an installation procedure of any kind. That is not what I am looking for. I have a feeling that what I need does not exist, or if it does then it will be in some quiet little-known backwater of the Web that I do not know about.

Oh well, you may want to switch to linux. It has a thermometer accessible through terminal.

In the meantime I made some deeper searches and bingo:
http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=22454682&sid=9fdbeaa187cfe3553da174c06f5fde8f#p22454682
Virustotal page scan: 0/62
You'll have to use Speedfan or snmp monitoring services: http://www.net-snmp.org/
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:09:04 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 01:31:16 AM by Spexx

Oh well, you may want to switch to linux.

You may well be right, but in this instance I need something for Windows Cheesy

Edit: Just seen your edit. Lol. Good stuff on that link, although the last time I tried SpeedFan it not only did not work, it froze the machine.

Not a good experience Sad

I will have to look into it again. Good tip and you deffo qualify for a bonus there, even though it is not exactly what I was looking for. Send me your XMG wallet address by PM please.

there is 50 XMG in it for you Cheesy

light85bit

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:45:09 AM

Hmmm... that would be a pity.
The goal of http://www.coinmagipuzzle.org/ is to have the Coin Magi community play the game and share their results with friends, and invite friends through Facebook,
so more new people would get to know Coin Magi. It would be nice if new people could win some XMG and start using the coin.
Now it seems our community itself is playing like madmen to get those prizes themselves.
If they really hacked and cheated on top of that, that would be sad.

Digithusiast , your game is nice, im playing it for fun, not for reward. I loved this game since i was a boy. No point of hacking something you love Grin

Oh and i want to ask you guys if my stack is normal or not:
This is what i writed down for my weight:
My balance: 189 , all in 1 Address, 150 at same date ( i sent all to my wallet that time Cheesy ) , another 10XMG and 28 XMG i received later. No spend.
14/Apr: 15:45: 522, expected time: about 1 day
14/Apr: 16:47: 523, expected time: about 1 day
14/Apr: 18:28: 522, expected time: about 1 day
14/Apr: 19:04: 521, expected time: about 22hrs
15/Apr: 8:20: 514, expected time: about 23hrs
It's reducing lol  Huh Huh
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 02:09:18 AM

Oh and i want to ask you guys if my stack is normal or not:
This is what i writed down for my weight:
My balance: 189 , all in 1 Address, 150 at same date ( i sent all to my wallet that time Cheesy ) , another 10XMG and 28 XMG i received later. No spend.
14/Apr: 15:45: 522, expected time: about 1 day
14/Apr: 16:47: 523, expected time: about 1 day
14/Apr: 18:28: 522, expected time: about 1 day
14/Apr: 19:04: 521, expected time: about 22hrs
15/Apr: 8:20: 514, expected time: about 23hrs
It's reducing lol  Huh Huh

Yes that is quite normal.

If you sent your coins to yourself, then received some more coins say, three days later, the weight would rise to a peak some time around 12 to 15 days later I guess, then start to tail off noticeably after a time.

If there was a greater time between sending your coins to yourself and then receiving some more coins, I would expect to see a "double peak" in the weight over time.

When the weight has tailed right off and you notice that the POS rewards are not coming in very often any more (and the expected time to receive a reward becomes days rather than hours rather than minutes), it is time to send all your coins to yourself again.

Hope this helps Smiley

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:08:45 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------  The current block reward system is really nice this way.

If i read it correct;
you mean also that Magi need more pools with that kind of rules right?

No not really.

From the way I understood it, it sounded like it was proposed that the whole network worked like a single pool with even distributions based on identifying unique single computers and a secondary block chain for high hash rate miners.  I felt this had potential but had a hard time figuring out how it would work without issues in security and investment.

The bottom line is that the current way we are doing things seems to me the best approach at this time.
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:47:58 AM

ALL, I need some one to help to set up hash limit per registered account for our new mining pool; the pool is supposed to be for launching PoM. If you can do this, please contact me. Reward for your efforts is available, PM for details.

I guess I'm not sure how this would be of help.  Even if a pool has a fixed limit per registered account there would be no way (that I can think of) to make sure that the same person could not just start a new account in another pool or mine solo with an additional process.  At a certain point I think you need to have enough trust in basic human nature to believe that they will restrict their hash rate to what is agreed.

When I was younger I used to worry at first that someone would mess with my motorcycle while it was parked and I would end up crashing in a flaming ball with no brakes or something.  After enough road rash, I learned that you can't let fear and restrictions run the show, it is far better to just let love do the driving and get on the bike and ride (or not).  Lots more fun and bonus, less crashes.  Wink  

BTW great icon, love this coin. Smiley
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:53:02 AM

From the way I understood it, it sounded like it was proposed that the whole network worked like a single pool with even distributions based on identifying unique single computers and a secondary block chain for high hash rate miners.  I felt this had potential but had a hard time figuring out how it would work without issues in security and investment.

The bottom line is that the current way we are doing things seems to me the best approach at this time.

I agree with your bottom line there.

Just as there may be ways of applying technical blocks and traps, checks and balances, so there will ways around them by those willing to cheat the system. I do not care to get into a game of cat-and-mouse over that.

A mining pool trying to apply hashrate limiting in real time will have a hard job of it and the code would inevitably put extra load on the server. Perhaps a type of softer retroactive action would be a possible solution, relatively easy to implement and less hungry on resources.

In real life, we usually fine first-time offenders, apply stiffer penalties for repeat offenders, then if they keep doing it we banish them from society in some way, at least for a time, depending on the scale of the offence.

Applying retroactive "fines" for miners who overstep the mark would be 1) sufficient deterrent 2) compensation for possible loss of income by the pool 3) fair. Getting a 12 hour ban in addition for a repeat offence might be an idea and how about a 72 hour ban for a third offence plus being put on probation for 30 days? Do that again and you are barred for life matey. Something like that anyway.

Got potential?

Food for thought anyway.

OK who wants 50 XMG?

First person to post up their results from my new benchmark program for Windows. Off you go ...

Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: