Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:20:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 [891] 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375255 times)
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:21:18 AM

for all those saying bitrex isnt going to be affected by a rollback, so bitrex doesnt have a wallet that is sync to the blockchain? Any wallet sync to the blockchain that received or sent coins since the forks is affected. Its that simple. Bitrex probably has more transaction per day than any other wallet. They could get more XMG or lose more. Bitrex would also get a lot of request for reimbursement for people who sent XMG out of their hot wallet.

Im glad there isnt a rollback. Rollback is bad for anything financial. Imagine a bank saying "we had a database error we are rolling back to a previous date. Any deposits done within those days will be wiped off, Any withdrawals done inside the dates, congratulations it will also be wiped off." Imagine what the depositors would think. Imagine if some people knew of this development beforehand. It was already mentioned a few days ago. I could go and sell all my XMG cheaply to someone who is not in the loop.

So i hope people will stop saying Bitrex or any other exchanges are not affected. If they had transactions in their XMG wallet they are affected like each and everyone of us.

That mentioned, whatever this community decides as long as it is sound im willing to accept.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Myth888

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:38:57 AM

Hey Myth 888,

What is your favorite other CPU coin?

Enoch

Sorry been away weekend and holidays are over. Ive been testing several coins for a local blog. Hoping to jump start cryptocurrencies as a whole in the local community. XMG is by far my favorite. It is the only coin i actually keep and not sell to BTC. For profit i usually mine XMR since it is easy to sell. There are also other coins but takes more effort to sell and XMR is pretty profitable atm so i save myself some time and go for XMR. Im still not done looking into varium but since im busy i havent been able to check it out much yet. It is also an interesting project but like i said XMG still my favorite. There are a lot more CPU coins but most are almost unheard of. Most are pretty young and for me still too risky. Tried quite a few of them but never really made an impression to me.

I like where the devs and team want to take this coin at. I hope they are successful and i would be supporting the coin as much as i can along the way.
jyj

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:07:50 AM

Hey Myth 888,

What is your favorite other CPU coin?

Enoch

Sorry been away weekend and holidays are over. Ive been testing several coins for a local blog. Hoping to jump start cryptocurrencies as a whole in the local community. XMG is by far my favorite. It is the only coin i actually keep and not sell to BTC. For profit i usually mine XMR since it is easy to sell. There are also other coins but takes more effort to sell and XMR is pretty profitable atm so i save myself some time and go for XMR. Im still not done looking into varium but since im busy i havent been able to check it out much yet. It is also an interesting project but like i said XMG still my favorite. There are a lot more CPU coins but most are almost unheard of. Most are pretty young and for me still too risky. Tried quite a few of them but never really made an impression to me.

I like where the devs and team want to take this coin at. I hope they are successful and i would be supporting the coin as much as i can along the way.

Me too!
chronosphere

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:45:02 AM

Cryptos are not banks.  Their ledgers ARE reversable.  HUGE difference.  If people expect cryptos to be like banks then they should go back to the fiat banks, frankly.  This is a new frontier.  If they can't deal with the heat kinds, then they should not be in the flames.

Those who choose this route are forging a NEW path, away from banks.  In this realm, Rollbacks are POSSIBLE....

As for the coin I had just finished rebuilding a good system to mine this coin when all this went wrong.  The coin has lost me reputation with an investor because I spoke so well of it and now it went all mercury-retrograde style crazy.  To not expect faulty hardware, software, vehicles, communications etc during a mercury retrograde is unwise. 

The mercury retrograde has the power to turn the wheat market on it's head every single time, 3 months a year.  At the end the market goes back to what it was doing before and turns on a dime again.  This is historical fact if you do the research.

What is happening to this coin is very typical strangeness of mercury retrograde.  If you are a Magi, you pay attention to retrogrades and have low expectations of things "going smoothly" or "working correct".

That said, I am considering abandoning this coin at this point, but I can't find another one that is fair like it is and allows mining for CPU so I am stuck waiting until someone else makes a new M7M algo or make my own coin with similar algo and a new team of developers so this kind of thing can be crushed more quickly than this.  The damage to the reputation of this coin is going to be pretty huge, but then again we don't want a lot of people trading this coin, now do we?  The fewer the better and PR issues like this in my opinion are good for those loyal to the coin because it will return to its market bottom again and another cycle of taking profit as it spikes in the next pump will happen and I for one feel this is a very good thing that is happening because it's chasing the big money away.  I like this coin and want it to stay a small intimate community of like minded magi who love trading it as much as mining it.

Am I wrong?  hehehe

Enoch
chronosphere

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:51:51 AM

On NOMP, how does one see what one's total mined blocks/hashes are?  It doesn't track the income generated?  What is the payout threshold?

I am confused about the pool @ http://h2701744.stratoserver.net:85 -- how does one know how much is pending deposits?  How does one track what is going on?  It only tracks current hash rate but says nothing about earned rewards.  Do they just route to your wallet as they are generated with no "payout" action required?

Please help this Nomp noob.  My wallet is out of sync again so I don't think I am seeing the deposits either way at the moment....

Enoch
orcanice

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:03:45 AM

On NOMP, how does one see what one's total mined blocks/hashes are?  It doesn't track the income generated?  What is the payout threshold?

I am confused about the pool @ http://h2701744.stratoserver.net:85 -- how does one know how much is pending deposits?  How does one track what is going on?  It only tracks current hash rate but says nothing about earned rewards.  Do they just route to your wallet as they are generated with no "payout" action required?

Please help this Nomp noob.  My wallet is out of sync again so I don't think I am seeing the deposits either way at the moment....

Enoch

No idea. didnt even know there was a running pool at the moment. Im gonna test it out for some hrs and see if it pays...
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:07:44 AM

Cryptos are not banks.  Their ledgers ARE reversable.  HUGE difference.  If people expect cryptos to be like banks then they should go back to the fiat banks, frankly.  This is a new frontier.  If they can't deal with the heat kinds, then they should not be in the flames.

Those who choose this route are forging a NEW path, away from banks.  In this realm, Rollbacks are POSSIBLE....

Enoch

I'm sorry for the situation but there must be a route being taken, and the one that most vote for to go with. We were in a dilemma that anyone would hate that to happen by the fork status that already left damages, and when it comes to a decision, that's hard but must be one that, we all know that, a decision won't go through 100% agreement, but to minimize impacts as much as possible. 

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:09:27 AM

Following are recommended in magi.conf when we have the chain up and running:

Code:
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpass

rpcport=8232

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

listen=0
connect=104.128.225.215

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:27:15 AM

http://m-core.org/solo-mine-magi/

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
chronosphere

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:31:01 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 04:47:28 AM by chronosphere

I am having issues also integrating the new blockchain file.  I am going to the prior one in the archive to see if this works.  wallet is 1.4.1.1

Was this because I do not have 1.4.2 installed?

http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/blkfileindex/ is the current file.  I also tried the one in the root directory that was a Tar file and neither are working for me.

I tried installing the new wallet too with the new blockchain and it tells me db error.  I used the prior blockchain file in the archive and version 1.4.2 is trying to sync now successfully.

There seems to be something corrupted in the database the wallet doesn't like.

Enoch
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:46:26 AM

Enoch

No idea. didnt even know there was a running pool at the moment. Im gonna test it out for some hrs and see if it pays...

It pays, I've been mining on it for the past day and a half.  The owner of it posted the address on Monday.  There was a snafu at first where it seemed like all of the blocks were pending, I sent him a message and I think he looked at the payment module and made some changes.  Now the blocks are confirming and I get regular payouts.  Personally I think Nomp sucks though.  Its is no longer being developed and as stated, you can't see how much you have earned individually.  You only see how many shares you have submitted and the number of blocks the pool has mined.  It appears the pool pays out immediately after confirmation of block but I could be wrong.  I do know though that i am getting a payment about every 10 minutes on average.
chronosphere

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:48:40 AM

On NOMP, how does one see what one's total mined blocks/hashes are?  It doesn't track the income generated?  What is the payout threshold?

I am confused about the pool @ http://h2701744.stratoserver.net:85 -- how does one know how much is pending deposits?  How does one track what is going on?  It only tracks current hash rate but says nothing about earned rewards.  Do they just route to your wallet as they are generated with no "payout" action required?

Please help this Nomp noob.  My wallet is out of sync again so I don't think I am seeing the deposits either way at the moment....

Enoch

It pays, I've been mining on it for the past day and a half.  The owner of it posted the address on Monday.  There was a snafu at first where it seemed like all of the blocks were pending, I sent him a message and I think he looked at the payment module and made some changes.  Now the blocks are confirming and I get regular payouts.  Personally I think Nomp sucks though.  Its is no longer being developed and as stated, you can't see how much you have earned individually.  You only see how many shares you have submitted and the number of blocks the pool has mined.  It appears the pool pays out immediately after confirmation of block but I could be wrong.  I do know though that i am getting a payment about every 10 minutes on average.

It may have been paying me but my wallet has been offline/out of sync because i had not updated.  I just updated, once it catches up the blockchain perhaps some payments will make themselves known.

Enoch

Update:  No.  no payouts have been routed to my wallet and I have been mining all day on 10 threads with 2 different computers at a reasonable hash rate.  This is very upsetting.  You who runs this NOMP pool, I know you are reading.  Can you please explain why no payouts?

E
orcanice

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:52:59 AM

Enoch

i have no idea what diff i should run at
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:57:34 AM

Enoch

It may have been paying me but my wallet has been offline/out of sync because i had not updated.  I just updated, once it catches up the blockchain perhaps some payments will make themselves known.

Enoch

Go here and put your wallet address in the search bar.  It will show you any payments sent to you:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/

chronosphere

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:06:20 AM

Enoch

It may have been paying me but my wallet has been offline/out of sync because i had not updated.  I just updated, once it catches up the blockchain perhaps some payments will make themselves known.

Enoch

Go here and put your wallet address in the search bar.  It will show you any payments sent to you:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/

I see no payments sent on the new wallet that i have 1 miner on for one computer and the original main wallet i had is set to another miner/computer.  Neither have new payouts on them.  Why are my payouts not working?  Where did my hashes go?  I have the correct settings.

http://h2701744.stratoserver.net:85/workers

the new wallet:  9NNNQuJG8FCgNW58emA9r5F3vUbhG25LJ2     224      2     99.11%   48.93 KH  -- as you can see its mining.  For some reason no deposits have been routed to either this wallet or my other one on here.

Sad Sad Sad
penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:10:50 AM

I've setup my own NOMP for mining myself, thanks to edward0181 for sharing the source code  Kiss
Payment is made automatically after 520 confirm, you can check my first payment here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/tx.dws?3095936.htm
Unfortunately there is no way to view your pending payments Sad

Pool URL in case you want to use it (at your own RISK): http://195.154.166.32:3000
Fee is 1%
chronosphere

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:14:48 AM

I've setup my own NOMP for mining myself, thanks to edward0181 for sharing the source code  Kiss
Payment is made automatically after 520 confirm, you can check my first payment here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/tx.dws?3095936.htm

Pool URL in case you want to use it (at your own RISK): http://195.154.166.32:3000

When I try to start the miner it says "stratum_recv_line failed"

Edit:  I changed to the low difficulty port 3333 and it worked but the medium difficulty just hung.  3000 i used last time that's why no connection.  Both are up and mining.
Myth888

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:17:49 AM

As for the coin I had just finished rebuilding a good system to mine this coin when all this went wrong.  The coin has lost me reputation with an investor because I spoke so well of it and now it went all mercury-retrograde style crazy.  To not expect faulty hardware, software, vehicles, communications etc during a mercury retrograde is unwise. 

The mercury retrograde has the power to turn the wheat market on it's head every single time, 3 months a year.  At the end the market goes back to what it was doing before and turns on a dime again.  This is historical fact if you do the research.

What is happening to this coin is very typical strangeness of mercury retrograde.  If you are a Magi, you pay attention to retrogrades and have low expectations of things "going smoothly" or "working correct".

That said, I am considering abandoning this coin at this point, but I can't find another one that is fair like it is and allows mining for CPU so I am stuck waiting until someone else makes a new M7M algo or make my own coin with similar algo and a new team of developers so this kind of thing can be crushed more quickly than this.  The damage to the reputation of this coin is going to be pretty huge, but then again we don't want a lot of people trading this coin, now do we?  The fewer the better and PR issues like this in my opinion are good for those loyal to the coin because it will return to its market bottom again and another cycle of taking profit as it spikes in the next pump will happen and I for one feel this is a very good thing that is happening because it's chasing the big money away.  I like this coin and want it to stay a small intimate community of like minded magi who love trading it as much as mining it.

Am I wrong?  hehehe

Enoch

exactly it is not a bank. some people use it as they dont trust banks. if transactions can be reversed at any time then i dont think i can trust such as system as well.
penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:19:37 AM

I've setup my own NOMP for mining myself, thanks to edward0181 for sharing the source code  Kiss

stratum url is: stratum+tcp://195.154.166.32:3333
chronosphere

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:25:30 AM

I've setup my own NOMP for mining myself, thanks to edward0181 for sharing the source code  Kiss

stratum url is: stratum+tcp://195.154.166.32:3333

Did you happen to notice that 11/12 blocks that are mined so far are all unconfirmed but 1?  Is this just because there's not a lot of mining happening on the "correct" chain at this point so the confirms are slow?

Enoch
Pages: « 1 ... 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 [891] 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: