Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:54:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUESTS] Minimal Electrum builds for Windows  (Read 47166 times)
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:33:14 PM

I changed the server and now it won't connect anymore...

All servers are up, I just checked.
What version of the client are you using?
Latest stable version is 0.58, try to update perhaps?
the latest 0.58-compact. I created the wallet, chose the ecdsa server. Later I tried changing it (by clicking on the green circle and changing to a different one), and from then it doesn't want to connect even if I change it back to ecdsa. If I rewrite the wallet with the old one it works again. Tried the same thing with an older version and it works (or doesn't work) in the same way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:44:15 PM

the latest 0.58-compact. I created the wallet, chose the ecdsa server. Later I tried changing it (by clicking on the green circle and changing to a different one), and from then it doesn't want to connect even if I change it back to ecdsa. If I rewrite the wallet with the old one it works again. Tried the same thing with an older version and it works (or doesn't work) in the same way.

Strange... Never had this kind of issue... I guess ThomasV should be able to help
vuce

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:49:33 PM

Strange... Never had this kind of issue... I guess ThomasV should be able to help
Can you reproduce it or is it only on my end?
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:55:02 PM

No I can't reproduce it... Connectivity is fine here. However I'm not able to do more testing as I'm out of BTC  at the moment Sad
vuce

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:58:00 PM

No I can't reproduce it... Connectivity is fine here. However I'm not able to do more testing as I'm out of BTC  at the moment Sad

How many do you need? Is the address in your sig ok?
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 08:58:15 PM

btcback.com is down (bitcoind crashed)
electrum.bitcoins.sk is broken (wrong number of blocks)

that being said, I cannot reproduce vuce's problem

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:07:32 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2012, 09:23:40 PM by flatfly

Yes the address in my sig is OK.
1 or 2 would be nice... Let me know if it is a donation or you need them back Smiley  
vuce

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:27:55 PM

1 or 2 would be nice... Let me know if it is a donation or you need them back Smiley  

sent, you may keep them. Keep up the awesome work!
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:34:23 PM

sent, you may keep them. Keep up the awesome work!

Many thanks for that!
I need to wait for a confirmation before I can play around and do some testing with the wallet...

Are you still not able to connect? Ecdsa.org works fine for me...

Also, is there anything particular about the wallet that has changed recently (such as frozen, prioritized, or newly imported addresses)?
vuce

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:37:49 PM

Many thanks for that!
I need to wait for a confirmation before I can play around and do some testing with the wallet...

I reverted to the older (working) wallet. Seems like every time server is changed wallet changes in some way, and this doesn't quite comply. It's working ok with the older one.

Also, is there anything particular about the wallet that has changed recently (such as frozen, prioritized, or newly imported addresses)?
Oh yes, that might be relevant but I totally forgot. I had one prioritized and one frozen address (I was just playing around with that). I also had expert mode checked and display zeroes set to 2. I will try to remove that and test again.

edit: no joy, still the same. this is what I see. After a restart I see nothing as it wouldn't connect at all. I tried all three servers I have available (ecdsa.org, electrum.bitcoins.sk, electrum.novit.ro), none of them would work.
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:52:53 PM

Many thanks for that!

I reverted to the older (working) wallet. Seems like every time server is changed wallet changes in some way, and this doesn't quite comply. It's working ok with the older one.

Oh yes, that might be relevant but I totally forgot. I had one prioritized and one frozen address (I was just playing around with that). I also had expert mode checked and display zeroes set to 2. I will try to remove that and test again.

edit: no joy, still the same. this is what I see. After a restart I see nothing as it wouldn't connect at all. I tried all three servers I have available (ecdsa.org, electrum.bitcoins.sk, electrum.novit.ro), none of them would work.

OK, could you try in console mode? Perhaps that will give us some additional clues / error messages...
To enter console mode, just start Electrum while holding down the SHIFT key.
Then try a simple online command, such as 'electrum balance' (without the quotes)
Any error messages when you do that?
vuce

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:10:43 PM

Many thanks for that!

OK, could you try in console mode? Perhaps that will give us some additional clues / error messages...
To enter console mode, just start Electrum while holding down the SHIFT key.
Then try a simple online command, such as 'electrum balance' (without the quotes)
Any error messages when you do that?

13-Jun-12  0:09:50.92> electrum balance
Connected to btcback.com:50001

Balance shouldn't be 0 though... There are no error messages.

edit: ok, ecdsa server works fine in console mode, even when it doesn't in gui.
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:14:46 PM

btcback.com has crashed as ThomasV reported a few posts above.
Can you try to connect to ecdsa.org instead?

You will need to select it first through the GUI connection dialog first.
vuce

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:31:21 PM

yup, tried that, this works perfectly in console mode, but it still won't connect in gui mode.
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 11:06:34 PM

yup, tried that, this works perfectly in console mode, but it still won't connect in gui mode.

Ok, now we're making some progress. Looks like a problem with the gui, specifically. Could you try to just type 'electrum' at the console? This will launch the GUI window, while still having the console open. I am mostly interested in any errors and tracebacks you might get in the console then.
vuce

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 11:14:18 PM

Ok, now we're making some progress. Looks like a problem with the gui, specifically. Could you try to just type 'electrum' at the console? This will launch the GUI window, while still having the console open. I am mostly interested in any errors and tracebacks you might get in the console then.

Code:
13-Jun-12  1:13:42.86> electrum
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "electrum", line 139, in <module>
    import electrum.gui_qt as gui
ImportError: No module named electrum.gui_qt
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:54:54 AM

Everything works fine now! Please take a look at the colors: http://i48.tinypic.com/73ibee.jpg
As you see, in Vista it is a bit difficult to clearly distinguish this colors. Would it be possible to choose a kind of orange/red background for the frozen addresses?

Another question: Thomas wrote some days ago, that the consolas font could be added as an option. Is this realizable?

I send you some bacon  Wink

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:13:46 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 11:42:00 AM by flatfly

Code:
13-Jun-12  1:13:42.86> electrum
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "electrum", line 139, in <module>
    import electrum.gui_qt as gui
ImportError: No module named electrum.gui_qt

OK, this error can be ignored.

Please try the following: rename your wallet file to electrum.baddat (or anything else),
restart the application and select the option to restore the wallet (have your seed ready).
It will then proceed to regenerate all of your addresses (except the imported ones) and
hopefully, you will be able to connect fine afterwards.

(I remember having a similar issue a few months ago and that's how I fixed it.)
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:28:57 AM

Everything works fine now! Please take a look at the colors: http://i48.tinypic.com/73ibee.jpg
As you see, in Vista it is a bit difficult to clearly distinguish this colors. Would it be possible to choose a kind of orange/red background for the frozen addresses?

Another question: Thomas wrote some days ago, that the consolas font could be added as an option. Is this realizable?

I send you some bacon  Wink

Thanks!
I will check for the colors and fonts and let you know.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 09:05:21 AM

It seems that they were down, but now it works again, except for ecdsa.org

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: