Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:20:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845432 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:01:10 AM

You say science points to there being no god
Where did I do that??

How could that be even possible? God is exactly used to explain things where science doesn't have any clue.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:02:35 AM

You seem to believe there is no god, while claiming you only believe in things that have been proven by science.

Ergo, you make an unspoken claim that science proves the absence of god.

Show me the proof or the logic behind your claim.

If you fail to do this, than you must agree that there is, or at least might be a god.

You can not say with certainty that there is no god, where is your proof?

Also, in all the years we have observed earth, did you ever see a rock produce life? Or some other inanimate object? Surely we can conclude by now that inanimate objects do not produce life. Has it ever been observed?
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:07:23 AM

You seem to believe there is no god, while claiming you only believe in things that have been proven by science.

If you fail to do this, than you must agree that there is, or at least might be a god.

Are you dense or trolling?

1) I have the belief there's no god.
2) Science doesn't prove nor disprove its existence. It doesn't suggest it either.

Those two things are completely unrelated.

I insist though
You claim I said science disproves god, where did I do that?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:33:59 AM

2) Science doesn't prove nor disprove its existence. It doesn't suggest it either.

I insist though

Then don't ever claim you base your beliefs on science.

You are religious, and you believe in abiogenesis, and possibly the Greek god Gaia.

The Ancient Greeks believed that living things could spontaneously come into being from nonliving matter, and that the goddess Gaia could make life arise spontaneously from stones – a process known as Generatio spontanea.

Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 11:30:15 AM by Cortex7

Nice theory, but you're missing the point.

These simulations must have had makers, makers more advanced than us.

So no matter if the universe is an advanced hologram or other piece of machinery, or an actual universe. Someone or something must have created it. Something that existed before the simulation or the real thing ran. Most likely something outside of our dimensions.

It's very likely that heaven is somewhere outside our 4D world, say heaven is 5D or even higher.

Is it so weird to call the creator of this reality (or simulation) our god? For whoever wrote the 'program' wrote the rules, would that not make him able to bend the rules at will? Performng miracles in our eyes? He can even change the rules permanently.

The universe is like an advanced computer program, we are part of it, god is the programmer, as well as the PC manifcturer. The angels are system admins and the devil and his demons are crackers.

I'm missing what point? Whose point? Your point? Roll Eyes

One could call the simulation programmer/s gods, why not. Doesn't get you anywhere though and I shouldn't think it would gain any favors from the programmer/s any more than an ant in a colony within a tanks on a childs desk.

To assume gender (he) in the programmer/s is assumption on your part.

The programmer/s would probably not be answering "prayers" but they may take notice or wind back to a system backup if we destroyed our biosphere because we fucked up (nukes, nanotech, bioweapons etc). Our time is the system tick of the simulation, if the simulation were paused, fast forwarded, stopped, rewind, etc then the simulants would be unaware.

A simulated universe would probably be fairly simple code (describing fundamental quantum laws) running on a very fast system, think "computronium".

everything "emerges" from it following the evolutionary process. It's not like our bodies are designed in a 3D modelling tool, instead it's more likely that we are complex "self aware" cellular automata. The evolution process itself would still be "real".

Another point that upholds this theory is the fact that Self correcting code structures (ALA Claude Shannon information theory) have been found at the heart of quantum mechanical laws, It seems these codes underpin the very fabric of our reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LCVknKUJ4
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:19:11 PM

I insist though

You are religious, and you believe in abiogenesis, and possibly the Greek god Gaia.

The Ancient Greeks believed that living things could spontaneously come into being from nonliving matter, and that the goddess Gaia could make life arise spontaneously from stones – a process known as Generatio spontanea.

Ah ah
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Seriously, wtf
Aminoacids (more than a dozen atoms in each!) have been detected in deep space.
Three possibilities:
  • God plays a joke on us, there is no aminoacids in space
  • A god made them
  • One by one the atoms reacted together and eventually made those complex molecules

You chose 2, I chose 3. I guess we will never agree.

Cortex7

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:25:22 PM

I insist though

Ah ah

Seriously, wtf
Three possibilities:
  • A god made them
  • One by one the atoms reacted together and finally it made those molecules

obviously no 3. that chemistry combination will ultimately out compete other more mundane chemistry, even if that random combination occuring is tiny it will spread because it has advantage once it exists, that is the process of life.
Itsumo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Play Rock Paper Scissor Lizard Spock

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:01:20 PM

The usual garbage full of fallacies and misinformation...

Yeah, there will be nothing to lose if you believe.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:12:36 PM

So no matter if the universe is an advanced hologram or other piece of machinery, or an actual universe. Someone or something must have created it. Something that existed before the simulation or the real thing ran. Most likely something outside of our dimensions.

It's very likely that heaven is somewhere outside our 4D world, say heaven is 5D or even higher.

Is it so weird to call the creator of this reality (or simulation) our god? For whoever wrote the 'program' wrote the rules, would that not make him able to bend the rules at will? Performng miracles in our eyes? He can even change the rules permanently.

The universe is like an advanced computer program, we are part of it, god is the programmer, as well as the PC manifcturer. The angels are system admins and the devil and his demons are crackers.

One could call the simulation programmer/s gods, why not. Doesn't get you anywhere though and I shouldn't think it would gain any favors from the programmer/s any more than an ant in a colony within a tanks on a childs desk.

The programmer/s would probably not be answering "prayers" but they may take notice or wind back to a system backup if we destroyed our biosphere because we fucked up (nukes, nanotech, bioweapons etc). Our time is the system tick of the simulation, if the simulation were paused, fast forwarded, stopped, rewind, etc then the simulants would be unaware.

A simulated universe would probably be fairly simple code (describing fundamental quantum laws) running on a very fast system, think "computronium".

everything "emerges" from it following the evolutionary process. It's not like our bodies are designed in a 3D modelling tool, instead it's more likely that we are complex "self aware" cellular automata. The evolution process itself would still be "real".

Another point that upholds this theory is the fact that Self correcting code structures (ALA Claude Shannon information theory) have been found at the heart of quantum mechanical laws, It seems these codes underpin the very fabric of our reality:

we were not discussing the implications of what would happen if there would be a god or gods, we were discussing the existence of one.

so apparently you do agree there is a god, even if you refuse to call it god.

zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:15:15 PM

I insist though

Ah ah

Seriously, wtf
Three possibilities:
  • A god made them
  • One by one the atoms reacted together and eventually made those complex molecules

i'm not sure what you're trying to prove by this.
Cortex7

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:16:21 PM

we were not discussing the implications of what would happen if there would be a god or gods, we were discussing the existence of one.

I'm open to the possibility that we are simulants.

But notions of god, bible, religious texts do not interest me in the slightest.

Such nonsense is just an insignificant subset of true reality (whatever that might be).

Notions of god have always been put forth by dumb lazy monkeys trying to get other monkeys to do their work for them. And the irony of the situation is that the enslaved monkeys are only too keen to propogate the nonsense, I can only assume driven by fear and ignorance.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:24:09 PM

I'm missing what point? Whose point? Your point? Roll Eyes

I'm open to the possibility that we are simulants.

But notions of god, bible, religious texts do not interest me in the slightest.

Such nonsense is just an insignificant subset of true reality (whatever that might be).

Notions of god have always been put forth by dumb lazy monkeys trying to get other monkeys to do their work for them. And the irony of the situation is that the enslaved monkeys are only too keen to propogate the nonsense, I can only assume driven by fear and ignorance.

you're referring to churches i assume. Or cultists that claim to follow the teachings of the bible.

The believe in a creator does not necessarily mean the belief in the teaching of a church.

what if i told you you can believe in god without following the pope or other figureheads?

If you only base your disbelief in god to prevent becoming enslaved to popes and other religious leaders, than that's a pretty stupid motivation.

Yes, those people do mislead a large part of the population to practically enslave them, but that does not mean that there is no god. It's just that their god is different from the true god.

you keep mixing up reality with fiction. You draw conclusions based on half truths.

but again, the discussion of what would happen if there would be a god is beyond the scope of this thread.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:26:49 PM

The danger in believing in multiple gods is the thing that caused the nations to fall. The ancient city of Ugarit is an example of how people gradually fell from the One God as Noah worshiped, into many Gods by the time of Abraham. Part of what made Abraham special was that he continued to believe the One God.

Smiley

Now that God has virtually been proven to exist, you are reading part of the next step - some of what God has revealed to us about Himself and what He wants us to do.

Smiley

You don't cease to amuse me Smiley

I prefer having faith in something I have proofs* of than in some little invisible guy with a beard rotating around the Earth. 
Even if I must suffer until the end of times.

* Proofs backed by scientific rigour. Not some crazy nonsense like "oh lord the universe is huge, it must have a creator!"
Truth has nothing to do with feelings. It's based on hard facts. And not knowing isn't equal to "it's god lol".

See? That's the problem. You haven't even thought things out deeply enough to realize that when you have proof, you don't need to believe. When you have proof, you know it. And when you know something, not only don't you need faith any longer, but you can't have faith in it. You know it. YOU CAN'T HAVE FAITH IN SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE PROOF FOR. It's an impossibility. You have one or the other, not both.

Perhaps as Vod says, very soon from now we will have the ability to create. But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from. The tiny bit we absolutely know has been extrapolated into all kinds of things that nobody has a clue exist for real.

At least people who believe in God have tons of evidence so that faith is easy for them. But faith that science has answered any of these large questions is more like delusion.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:39:06 PM

The danger in believing in multiple gods is the thing that caused the nations to fall. The ancient city of Ugarit is an example of how people gradually fell from the One God as Noah worshiped, into many Gods by the time of Abraham. Part of what made Abraham special was that he continued to believe the One God.

Smiley

Now that God has virtually been proven to exist, you are reading part of the next step - some of what God has revealed to us about Himself and what He wants us to do.

Smiley

I prefer having faith in something I have proofs* of than in some little invisible guy with a beard rotating around the Earth. 

* Proofs backed by scientific rigour. Not some crazy nonsense like "oh lord the universe is huge, it must have a creator!"
Truth has nothing to do with feelings. It's based on hard facts. And not knowing isn't equal to "it's god lol".

See? That's the problem. You haven't even thought things out deeply enough to realize that when you have proof, you don't need to believe. When you have proof, you know it. And when you know something, not only don't you need faith any longer, but you can't have faith in it. You know it. YOU CAN'T HAVE FAITH IN SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE PROOF FOR. It's an impossibility. You have one or the other, not both.

Perhaps as Vod says, very soon from now we will have the ability to create. But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from. The tiny bit we absolutely know has been extrapolated into all kinds of things that nobody has a clue exist for real.

At least people who believe in God have tons of evidence so that faith is easy for them. But faith that science has answered any of these large questions is more like delusion.

Smiley

Lol are you even serious?

But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from.
Bullshit and you know it. There are tons of papers about that. Maybe it's not facts enough for you but it's anyway much more than faith. And it doesn't involve strange beings.

Lol. Come on.

Cortex7

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:46:57 PM

you're referring to churches i assume. Or cultists that claim to follow the teachings of the bible.

I guess so.. All religions are cults, just when they get to a certain size they become "religions" because folk are afraid of badmouthing them (fear of getting murdered).

The believe in a creator does not necessarily mean the belief in the teaching of a church.

what if i told you you can believe in god without following the pope or other figureheads?

Sure, I know I'm free to believe in anything.

I just find the word "god" very loaded, like the word "gay", I mean in reality I like to consider myself quite a gay person, but as you well know that word now has a new meaning and people would think I was saying "I am a homosexual".

The same goes for the word "god", if you say "I believe in god" then many (almost all) will think you are religious. So the word is gone for me, sorry 'bout that!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:52:41 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from.
Bullshit and you know it. There are tons of papers about that. Maybe it's not facts enough for you but it's anyway much more than faith. And it doesn't involve strange beings.

Lol. Come on.

Any time you want to investigate the papers, you will find that they are filled with loads of facts along with multitudes of suppositions. Yet the foundational points around which all this "science" revolves are steeped in such words as "if" and "maybe" and "possibly," etc. On these and many more similar words, the whole of scientific equation for age of earth and universe, and life source, stand. There is NO proof. There is only supposition, and a whole lot of propaganda. Science simply doesn't know.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:26:21 PM

If I were to say to you that our sun is a binary star orbiting it's own dark star, would you believe me? NO.

This is most likely because there is no (scientific) evidence..

If I were to say that Sirius is a binary star orbiting it's own dark star, would you believe me, YES, 'cause the Dogon tribe of Mali says so..

But the dogon also point out that the binary sirius is a mirror of our own sun.. meaning ours is a binary star.

But our sun is not a binary star according to science.

So how anyone expects to prove the existance of god when all possible science explaining the truth above is..

?
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:24:16 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Lol. Come on.

Any time you want to investigate the papers, you will find that they are filled with loads of facts along with multitudes of suppositions. Yet the foundational points around which all this "science" revolves are steeped in such words as "if" and "maybe" and "possibly," etc. On these and many more similar words, the whole of scientific equation for age of earth and universe, and life source, stand. There is NO proof. There is only supposition, and a whole lot of propaganda. Science simply doesn't know.

Smiley

Oh so that's the problem. You can't stand unexplained things.
Science clearly states what we know about a subject, and that could be 99.999%, 90%, 50%, 10% or even 0% possible.
Mystic faith on the other hand explains everything and makes god the explanation of unknown facts.

In your case, if you're so insecure in this world that you're not comfortable with a partially ununderstood world then yes I guess believing in god is the way to go. I hope it helps you feeling better.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:59:44 PM

Science clearly states what we know about a subject, and that could be 99.999%, 90%, 50%, 10% or even 0% possible.
Mystic faith on the other hand explains everything and makes god the explanation of unknown facts.

In your case, if you're so insecure in this world that you're not comfortable with a partially ununderstood world then yes I guess believing in god is the way to go. I hope it helps you feeling better.

It's not a problem. It's my joy. Why? Because even though God can't quite be explained by science, He almost is. On the other hand, science has irrevocably proven that something like evolution does not exist. The only science that proves that evolution can exist is, political science. Political science says, among other things, that when you can't prove your cause, promote it by propaganda. So, in this way evolution has been proven by science. Yet it wasn't evolutionary science. It was political science.

One simple way to show how ridiculous the idea of evolution is, is through scientifically recognizing how many atoms make up the smallest possible living cell. Then add in the part where these atoms must all be situated in the right place. Then throw in the part about how the atoms must be kick-started into motion, all at exactly the right time, in the right direction. Now, compare this with the mathematical laws of probability while including entropy, and you can see that life through some form of evolution is more difficult than winning all the lotteries in the world, past, present, and future, all at the same time.

There is no evolution. There is no Theory of Evolution. All there is, is a bunch of so-called scientists hollering over and over that, evolution is real, real, real, and everything that tries to suggest it isn't is false, false, false.

Smiley

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:22:49 PM

It's not a problem. It's my joy. Why? Because even though God can't quite be explained by science, He almost is. On the other hand, science has irrevocably proven that something like evolution does not exist. The only science that proves that evolution can exist is, political science. Political science says, among other things, that when you can't prove your cause, promote it by propaganda. So, in this way evolution has been proven by science. Yet it wasn't evolutionary science. It was political science.

One simple way to show how ridiculous the idea of evolution is, is through scientifically recognizing how many atoms make up the smallest possible living cell. Then add in the part where these atoms must all be situated in the right place. Then throw in the part about how the atoms must be kick-started into motion, all at exactly the right time, in the right direction. Now, compare this with the mathematical laws of probability while including entropy, and you can see that life through some form of evolution is more difficult than winning all the lotteries in the world, past, present, and future, all at the same time.

There is no evolution. There is no Theory of Evolution. All there is, is a bunch of so-called scientists hollering over and over that, evolution is real, real, real, and everything that tries to suggest it isn't is false, false, false.

Smiley

So much nonsense, that's scary
Still eating popcorn though

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: