Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:55:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845441 times)
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:03:38 AM

Spencer says:
"The Atheistic theory is not only absolutely unthinkable, but, even were it thinkable, would not be a solution."

no tenable hypothesis can be framed

All atheists are humanists, since what else could they be? Agnosticism is not a third position, it is tacit atheism,
SO
as all ultimate religious ideas are literally unthinkable, we come back to the question being asked in this thread:

WHERE do YOU take God in your life journey?

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:28:42 AM

Why would god need messengers? If god has a message for me, I'm positive sending a messenger or using some middleman is just highly gratuitous and I assure you completely unnecessary. Hell, in this day and age, we could even email or a text on my phone.  Smiley

X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:39:14 AM

Also want to start this convo on reddit guys..
http://www.reddit.com/r/CreatorOfTheUniverse/

Wrote this there as well thought I should share..

Imagine if we lived in a world where we were taught how to process our emotional damage in a responsible or loving manner.. One could feel anger in a way which would not damage another soul. Unfortunately on earth its become common place that everything we do or strive to do is driven by a desire to dodge our emotions through our addictions.
When a person feels a negative emotion in public the level of discomfort that causes people is tremendous, most people either block their respective feelings or look away. If a man cries he is called weak and perceived as lesser, if a woman feels anger she is not lady like. We have created constructs we honor which literally force us to die weak and frail ridden with ailments. please note I say WE... Because though I know this my fear of feeling emotion has stopped me for a long time. Terror is the last emotion I have yet to unlock... we bottle this shit up for so long and act like everything is perfect on the outside, or we prefer to feed our respective addictions:Eating,Sleeping,Physical Pleasure and a myriad of hobbies to name a few. We take medication to run from both our PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL baggage but we never truly find happiness.

We are all so arrogant as beings of this universe, we assume we either created it or it created itself. We are so rebellious and self reliant that we attempt to interact completely independent from the laws which have been lovingly put in place in our universe. Until we grow in humility and try to nurture a genuine EMOTIONAL desire to experiment with the possibility of developing an actual honest relationship with the creator of the universe, we will continue on this path of destruction. We must learn to open our hearts and stop running from our pain.

Living in complete emotional ignorance – irresponsibly hating and projecting on everyone around us.. All the while we are controlled by an emotionally damaged few who are ignorant themselves in why they really do the things they do? The answer is we haven’t ever been able to.. Look at the world around you. Parents/guardians rape/abuse their children in complete ignorance (more than likely they themselves experienced deep seated trauma) and then tell the child I did that because you deserved it..Or I only did this because I love you… This is just ONE example out of millions… Now this child has ingrained in him/her the feeling that it deserves to be abused… Fast forward 28 years later and you have a 32 year old woman who lives with a man who beats her every night and she stays because she ‘loves’ him.. How will we ever break this cycle if we are not taught this in school? Now we have people making statements like Love hurts… No… Love cannot hurt – This is a construct of man induced by fear... Love is creation, Love is healing.. – .. Anger hurts… Sadness hurts… Rejection hurts… Fear hurts.. Pain Hurts… This stuff is not taught to us – we run around our day to day lives just fighting to keep our head above our debts and we treat each other with no respect or love… and then our physical bodies die.. Am I the only one who is saddened by this?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:49:57 AM

I suppose god set it all up. I'm just left here to watch it unfold. I haven't seen or heard from him. Have you? Has anyone here? Are most of us here just part of countless numbers who are left out of loop. Believing in the wrong god, or religion, or neither one. Are we all therefore condemned to some unpleasant afterlife? Seems rather torturous don't you think?

(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 10:11:23 AM

Am I the only one who is saddened by this?

Indeed, thinking about the horrors of this world makes me sad, too. How can one bring themselves to appreciate such a horrific god that would condemn any life to such terrors? That's definitely not a loving god. Not the way I understand love to be.  Sad

X7
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 03:20:18 PM

Indeed, thinking about the horrors of this world makes me sad, too. How can one bring themselves to appreciate such a horrific god that would condemn any life to such terrors? That's definitely not a loving god. Not the way I understand love to be.  Sad

This seems to be an error we are fed all our lives, a wrathful or vengeful god. This is not an expression of love and not what I believe god to be either.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 03:22:12 PM

In the same way there is no possible way for an ant to conceptualize our galaxy, we do not have ability to know the mind and ability of an omnipotent being. This is basically agnosticism in a nutshell.

Religions claim to know the mind and ability of (their) god(s).
More from Spencer:

"How truly its central position is impregnable, Religion has never adequately realized. In the devoutest faith as we commonly see it, there lies hidden a core of scepticism; and it is this scepticism which causes that dread of inquiry shown by Religion when face to face with Science. Obliged to abandon one by one the superstitions it once tenaciously held, and daily finding other cherished beliefs more and more shaken, Religion secretly fears that all things may some day be explained; and thus itself betrays a lurking doubt whether that Incomprehensible Cause of which it is conscious, is really incomprehensible.

Of Religion then, we must always remember, that amid its many errors and corruptions it has asserted and diffused a supreme verity. From the first, the recognition of this supreme verity, in however imperfect a manner, has been its vital element; and its chief defects, once extreme but gradually diminishing, have been its failures to recognize in full that which it recognized in part. The truly religious element of Religion has always been good; that which has proved untenable in doctrine and vicious in practice, has been its irreligious element; and from this it has been undergoing purification."

bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 03:53:55 PM

I suppose god set it all up. I'm just left here to watch it unfold. I haven't seen or heard from him. Have you? Has anyone here?
I read God's scribes and messengers and all teachers of the law. I especially listen to those teachers who acknowledge God as headmaster and who claim to have a specific teaching mission.

I always read multiple sources for this kind of stuff (law). God says "read it all and discern in Wisdom" (of knowledge).

Are most of us here just part of countless numbers who are left out of loop. Believing in the wrong god, or religion, or neither one.
Seek it out and ye shall find. God sends his messengers to you so that you might understand and have responsibility when it comes to the Laws.

Unfortunately most people are only following the standard of their fathers, and they are ready to crucify any messenger who tells them that they are acting irresponsibly (Matthew 23).

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

This seems to be an error we are fed all our lives, a wrathful or vengeful god. This is not an expression of love and not what I believe god to be either.

What we "believe god to be" is completely irrelevant. 

I had a theology professor that once said he was annoyed with all the bumper stickers he was seeing around at that time that said, "God said it, I believe it, that settles it!."  He said that they should read, "God said it, that settles it" because it really doesn't matter if we believe it or not. Wink

I think many people are in danger of making god "in their own image" which really is a form of idolatry.  To really know God, we have to study His character and this is done by reading the Bible in it's entirety, both the Old and the New Testament.  We can also "know God" by spending time in prayer as well. He says, "His sheep know His voice."  Unfortunately it seems lately the world likes to focus on the attributes of God that they like and just ignore the parts that they don't like.  I have heard way too many sermons about "Gods grace" for example.  Sure, God is gracious and forgiving and has endless love for those that are repentant and seek Him, but God is also a God of judgement for those that mock Him and those that are proud and deny Him.  This should bring comfort to those that do feel that there are "horrors" in this world.  God will eventually make all thinks right.  Those that have hurt others, if unrepentant, will pay the penalty for their actions.  All wrongs will be made right in the end. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
X7
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:54:37 PM

Indeed, thinking about the horrors of this world makes me sad, too. How can one bring themselves to appreciate such a horrific god that would condemn any life to such terrors? That's definitely not a loving god. Not the way I understand love to be.  Sad

What we "believe god to be" is completely irrelevant.  

I had a theology professor that once said he was annoyed with all the bumper stickers he was seeing around at that time that said, "God said it, I believe it, that settles it!."  He said that they should read, "God said it, that settles it" because it really doesn't matter if we believe it or not. Wink

I think many people are in danger of making god "in their own image" which really is a form of idolatry.  To really know God, we have to study His character and this is done by reading the Bible in it's entirety, both the Old and the New Testament.  We can also "know God" by spending time in prayer as well. He says, "His sheep know His voice."  Unfortunately it seems lately the world likes to focus on the attributes of God that they like and just ignore the parts that they don't like.  I have heard way too many sermons about "Gods grace" for example.  Sure, God is gracious and forgiving and has endless love for those that are repentant and seek Him, but God is also a God of judgement for those that mock Him and those that are proud and deny Him.  This should bring comfort to those that do feel that there are "horrors" in this world.  God will eventually make all thinks right.  Those that have hurt others, if unrepentant, will pay the penalty for their actions.  All wrongs will be made right in the end.  

Rather than know god by reading scripture, try the great experiment.. If you want to of course, express a genuine emotional curiosity to feel the emotion or love of the creator - maybe a genuine desire to get to know who this being is - If your desire is pure and emotion is put behind it (not just a mental desire but an emotional longing) what will happen next will show you who god really is and bring an understanding that is not wholly from you.

Try it Smiley  (Unless you have already in which case awesome sauce)
http://www.reddit.com/r/CreatorOfTheUniverse/comments/2l0lga/the_great_experiment/

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:41:24 AM

because God is real. 

i am here.
bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 07:54:30 AM

study His character and this is done by reading the Bible in it's entirety, both the Old and the New Testament.  

We can also "know God" by spending time in prayer as well.

He says, "His sheep know His voice."

How is it that there are only two written volumes containing recorded transcriptions of God's voice?

Can one really know God's voice if one is reading a translation?

belk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:40:07 AM

God is real. Period.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:39:28 PM

Prove it, after all, this is what this threads for Cheesy
ern

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:08:10 PM

God is real. Period.

Well, you can't argue with that logic. Literally.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

God is real. Period.

Well, you can't argue with that logic. Literally.

Just say "Prove it" Cheesy
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:38:07 PM

study His character and this is done by reading the Bible in it's entirety, both the Old and the New Testament.  

How is it that there are only two written volumes containing recorded transcriptions of God's voice?

God spoke the universe into being. Therefore, the universe is His word. However, because of our triviality, we will never see much of God by looking at the universe. How can you tell? Just look at all the atheistic scientists.

God gave us the two volumes so that we can make sense of Him... a sense that we can't see in the complex, gigantic universe. Nobody understands anything exactly the same way as anyone else. Everyone has his own inner, private interpretation, even though the outer one may be similar to outer interpretations of many other people.

The Word of God in the two volumes speaks to the heart of the reader.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:54:06 PM

See? They just ignore you and turn to mindless preaching Tongue
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:06:01 PM

Thank Goodness there are those with minds who understand what is being preached.  Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:21:59 AM

My husband likes to read the New Testament in Greek.  Feel free to study Biblical Greek, as well as Hebrew for the Old Testament, if it concerns you that reading a "translation" makes it hard to know God's voice. Wink

Fortunately, I feel that many of the translations are fairly accurate to the original texts so this isn't a huge concern to me.

That said, I do believe God still speaks to us today.  Why are the scriptures that we have the only canonized scriptures?  Well that is a debate in of itself, but there were good reasons why some books were included and some were not. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: