Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeosCoin [NEOS] - with Arbitrush, Multi-Algo, In-wallet trading & More  (Read 94513 times)
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:33:04 AM

I'm kind of scared to get dumped on by big farm. What will you do to help ico investors?

Is there anyway that you can reduce the block reward?

if it happens, just buy cheap it will go back up. but hey it might be a good idea

What do the dev think about this, maybe it's a good idea?

Clstr reduced theirs from 30 to 3. I really think you guys should look into this. We're tired of getting dumped on by big farms...

This is definitely a valid concern/question in a typical situation but the circumstances here should shed some light on the security of the overall market value:

There's a maximum potential of 14,400 coins mined per 24 hours.  There are 5 minutes between new blocks. 24 hours * 60 minutes / 5 is 288 blocks per day * 50 (the block reward).  The diff adjustment applying to each block in the fashion that it does accordingly (25% up or down) help keep things on an even level.  The scarcity of NEOS combined with it's usefulness, I don't foresee it being something that is dumped too carelessly for a quick return or even wave trading.

Hopefully that helps set your minds at ease some but if not please feel free to voice your concerns even with that being said.

A good rule to go by is that EVERY coin is subject to people seeking quick returns and wave trading. There is no exception. So assume that a large majority of that 14400 will be dumped. Lets also say that NEOS reaches a 1 million dollar market cap (which I believe it will, great proven devs, great features). With bitcoin at $500 that puts the 14400 mined per day at a value of 28.8 BTCish. That is a LOT of buy support needed even if only 70% was dumped. I would suggest lowering the rewards significantly.

I agree with you there and your figures make sense.  I've already sent out a message concerning the lowering of the block reward and I'll keep everyone posted.

Regards,

syntaks

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:37:21 AM

If the ICO sold out in the next few days, can you launch right away ?

Hey MsCollec,

This was asked earlier in the thread and at the time I answered we weren't completely siding with an early launch or sticking to the original launch date.  After some discussion we think it would benefit everyone best if we stuck to our original plan to ensure development both existing and planned was smooth and not rushed.

Regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:50:50 AM

If the ICO sold out in the next few days, can you launch right away ?

Hey MsCollec,

This was asked earlier in the thread and at the time I answered we weren't completely siding with an early launch or sticking to the original launch date.  After some discussion we think it would benefit everyone best if we stuck to our original plan to ensure development both existing and planned was smooth and not rushed.

Regards,

syntaks

Thanks for your quick response and good luck.

My pleasure and thanks for the wishes! =)

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:54:30 AM

I'm kind of scared to get dumped on by big farm. What will you do to help ico investors?

if it happens, just buy cheap it will go back up. but hey it might be a good idea

Clstr reduced theirs from 30 to 3. I really think you guys should look into this. We're tired of getting dumped on by big farms...

This is definitely a valid concern/question in a typical situation but the circumstances here should shed some light on the security of the overall market value:

There's a maximum potential of 14,400 coins mined per 24 hours.  There are 5 minutes between new blocks. 24 hours * 60 minutes / 5 is 288 blocks per day * 50 (the block reward).  The diff adjustment applying to each block in the fashion that it does accordingly (25% up or down) help keep things on an even level.  The scarcity of NEOS combined with it's usefulness, I don't foresee it being something that is dumped too carelessly for a quick return or even wave trading.

Hopefully that helps set your minds at ease some but if not please feel free to voice your concerns even with that being said.

A good rule to go by is that EVERY coin is subject to people seeking quick returns and wave trading. There is no exception. So assume that a large majority of that 14400 will be dumped. Lets also say that NEOS reaches a 1 million dollar market cap (which I believe it will, great proven devs, great features). With bitcoin at $500 that puts the 14400 mined per day at a value of 28.8 BTCish. That is a LOT of buy support needed even if only 70% was dumped. I would suggest lowering the rewards significantly.

I agree with you there and your figures make sense.  I've already sent out a message concerning the lowering of the block reward and I'll keep everyone posted.

Regards,

syntaks

Well it turns out everyone's wheels were still in motion and we had a chat and this is our response with regard to modification of the block reward:

After discussion, we felt it wouldn't be fair overall.  If we were to lower the block rewards at this stage, it would increase the value of the ICO coins but everyone following the ICO would suffer.  We're not here for a quick buck or to be the brightest flash in the pan and with consideration of the future stability and value of Neos it just doesn't make sense to lower it.  We truly feel that Neos could sustain the necessary buy support to uphold a respectable value.

Best regards,

The Neos Team

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:17:25 AM

I just saw your ICO on Bittrex, read through your ANN post, went back to Bittrex and bought some NEOS Grin I was a little undecided about the block reward too but I figured with so many cool things going on in your project, there'd be enough compensation. Really looking forward to this one, can't wait for the launch Smiley Watching. Good luck!
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:21:40 AM

I just saw your ICO on Bittrex, read through your ANN post, went back to Bittrex and bought some NEOS Grin I was a little undecided about the block reward too but I figured with so many cool things going on in your project, there'd be enough compensation. Really looking forward to this one, can't wait for the launch Smiley Watching. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your support and confidence! =)  If you have any requests or questions feel free please.

Best regards,

syntaks

bitbd83

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:24:18 AM

lookin promising.   im IN.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:25:09 AM

Regards,

syntaks

Well it turns out everyone's wheels were still in motion and we had a chat and this is our response with regard to modification of the block reward:

After discussion, we felt it wouldn't be fair overall.  If we were to lower the block rewards at this stage, it would increase the value of the ICO coins but everyone following the ICO would suffer.  We're not here for a quick buck or to be the brightest flash in the pan and with consideration of the future stability and value of Neos it just doesn't make sense to lower it.  We truly feel that Neos could sustain the necessary buy support to uphold a respectable value.

Best regards,

The Neos Team

Lowering the block reward actually helps people that chose to hold a coin because of their belief in it. It also hurts post ICO buyers MORE to not lower the block reward here is why:

Once your coin is launched it will pump if there is any interest in it at all and your post ICO buyers are the ones who end up with these coins. Once the volume dies down and people move to the next "in" coin you are left with people who believe in the coin. These are the people who will see the 14400 dumped every day. A pump/high volume period can EASILY sustain a 28 BTC dump from miners. A dry period cant, and the price will drop until the value of that 14400 is low enough for interested people to sustain. I can't tell you what that # will be but it is less that 5 BTC. So your post ICO supporters are left with a coin that is likely 1/5th the price they bought at weeks ago. Your ICO holders are still in profit.

I understand you believe in yourselves and your coin, but you also have to understand trader/miner mentality. Believing that your coin is the exception to these forces only hurts the people that believe in your coin.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:25:30 AM

lookin promising.   im IN.

Welcome to the community and thank you for your support!

Regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:29:36 AM

Regards,

syntaks

Best regards,

The Neos Team

Lowering the block reward actually helps people that chose to hold a coin because of their belief in it. It also hurts post ICO buyers MORE to not lower the block reward here is why:

Once your coin is launched it will pump if there is any interest in it at all and your post ICO buyers are the ones who end up with these coins. Once the volume dies down and people move to the next "in" coin you are left with people who believe in the coin. These are the people who will see the 14400 dumped every day. A pump/high volume period can EASILY sustain a 28 BTC dump from miners. A dry period cant, and the price will drop until the value of that 14400 is low enough for interested people to sustain. I can't tell you what that # will be but it is less that 5 BTC. So your post ICO supporters are left with a coin that is likely 1/5th the price they bought at weeks ago. Your ICO holders are still in profit.

I understand you believe in yourselves and your coin, but you also have to understand trader/miner mentality. Believing that your coin is the exception to these forces only hurts the people that believe in your coin.

It's definitely not a matter of us thinking we can overcome historical patterns just because we believe in ourselves and this project, it's more along the lines of trying to find a happy medium in a fair sense.  At this point I think it would be best to re-evaluate the market after it's actually live instead of speculating the potential worst-case scenario just in the interest of not jumping before we know what we're dealing with.

Best regards,

syntaks

chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:40:13 AM

It's definitely not a matter of us thinking we can overcome historical patterns just because we believe in ourselves and this project, it's more along the lines of trying to find a happy medium in a fair sense.  At this point I think it would be best to re-evaluate the market after it's actually live instead of speculating the potential worst-case scenario just in the interest of not jumping before we know what we're dealing with.

Best regards,

syntaks

That is fine. I am still invested. Just think about what I said.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:45:05 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

That is fine. I am still invested. Just think about what I said.

Absolutely.  We've got our eyes on everything and take everything into consideration.  If we didn't care about what the community felt, we wouldn't even ask. =)  Thanks a lot for your support and we'll do our best for you.

Sincerely,

syntaks

constary

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:22:38 AM

Dev is already active. +1
the dev of diligence!!and i am in
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:23:28 AM

well considering this post from bittrex-richiela he supports the dev and he obviously is aware of the work he has done for the other coins. i haven't seen bittrex do this for any coin. this alone gets my seal of approval. also their features have alot to offer. they are capturing their audience by giving them a better experience to trade from their wallets so other features are on their way.

one feature i would like to see is a bot trader. something like quatloo trader. im currently using that one but if i were to use this having that would be awesome. atleast guys with this ICO the dev is well known and has actually produced something rather than on promise.  i am in

FWIW, syntaks is a stand up fellow, and has been helping a lot of coins behind the scenes for a very long time.  I do not believe he's trying to scam or anything of the sort.  As such, we will be making an exception and provide the ICO hosting with no up front fee.  This should help ease everyone's mind on investing.

We are working out the terms as well as the tiered pricing for the ICO.  Please stay tuned to the ANN for more coming details.

Thanks,
richie

*all views expressed here are my own and not that of bittrex*
n
also there is little talk of their anon which they have built ground up. can't wait to use the coin
suppersz

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

There is a day to be born, and another to die

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:26:29 AM

well considering this post from bittrex-richiela he supports the dev and he obviously is aware of the work he has done for the other coins. i haven't seen bittrex do this for any coin. this alone gets my seal of approval. also their features have alot to offer. they are capturing their audience by giving them a better experience to trade from their wallets so other features are on their way.

one feature i would like to see is a bot trader. something like quatloo trader. im currently using that one but if i were to use this having that would be awesome. atleast guys with this ICO the dev is well known and has actually produced something rather than on promise.  i am in

FWIW, syntaks is a stand up fellow, and has been helping a lot of coins behind the scenes for a very long time.  I do not believe he's trying to scam or anything of the sort.  As such, we will be making an exception and provide the ICO hosting with no up front fee.  This should help ease everyone's mind on investing.

We are working out the terms as well as the tiered pricing for the ICO.  Please stay tuned to the ANN for more coming details.

Thanks,
richie

*all views expressed here are my own and not that of bittrex*
n
also there is little talk of their anon which they have built ground up. can't wait to use the coin
+1

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:27:58 AM

THE MOST interesting feature is ARBITRUSH!!!!
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:33:47 AM

Thanks a lot.  I may seem overly-emphatic when I thank everyone that's expressed their support and faith in this project, but that doesn't go without a bit of background.  When you lose sleep consistently over the duration of your career for something you just love to do, and then one day it's actually appreciated and praised - it tends to really hit home deep.  As far as a bot trader or auto-trading, that's something I've just added to the to-do list.  That in itself however to be done properly would take about as much care and precision as is being used with Neos.  That doesn't mean it isn't a possibility, that just means it will be assessed and planned out as more than just a side feature on-a-whim. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:35:58 AM

THE MOST interesting feature is ARBITRUSH!!!!

Thanks a lot =)  I was a bit skeptical on naming it that I wasn't really sure others would find it as amusing as I did but I'm glad it's at least functionally appreciated lol.

Regards,

syntaks

bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:37:07 AM

dev i would advise organizing your OP. too much text. its like your writing a essay. lol
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:37:21 AM

Dev is already active. +1
the dev of diligence!!and i am in

Welcome!  Thank you for your support.  Feel free to express any requests, concerns, or ask any questions =)

Sincerely,

syntaks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: