Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:13:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:07:37 AM

any ETA on shadowmarket launch?
patience my friend  

also, there was a rough eta announced. q2 of 2015 i believe. correct me if I am wrong please.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:54:51 AM

Q2 2015

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
shawn2025

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:28:49 AM

Q2 2015

This feels bigger and better than Bitcoin.  For reals.   
We had such hopes for Bitcoin and I hate what it's become.
Not to mention Silk Road.
It's been profound disappoint son.
SDC FTW 
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:40:18 AM

I love shadow cash!  Shocked

shadowdasher

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:01:28 AM

Today marks the start of a multi-channel marketing approach set up to create more awareness for The Shadow Project.
With this we hope to attract and inform even more people about Shadow, and to expand and strengthen the community and project further still.

This will be greater in scope than previous efforts to publicize the project and in particular we're hoping to start reaching those in the more general public who might also be interested in what we're doing. The campaign is set up and managed by community members, with the input of Shadow developers. So with that in mind we're pleased to announce that today officially marks the start of a publicity campaign we have all been working very hard on!

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:22:58 AM

whats up with craptsy deposits?  going on 14 hours waiting for my SDC to post.  Small test transaction worked.  Followed that with almost 2800 coins and they never posted.  The coins are there.  I see them on the blockchain.  craptsy wallet now says, "Our wallet is currently offline due to issues with the coin's blockchain."
I think child tweeted to them earlier to offer them help.

It's a head-scratcher.

Poloniex and Bittrex have both kept wallets online 99+% of the time
Cryptsy on the other hand (and Im guessing) is more like 75%

Shadower Pline was the unofficial "point man" for comms with Mullick (BCT member and Cryptsy admin). Perhaps he still is. Irregardless I suggest a Shadower State-side try and connect with him.

Richie (Bittrex) benefited from the rewindchain command which this community appraised him of. (he tweeted about it with great enthusiasm too btw)
As erok states above I tweeted Big Vern (@Cryptsy) once again to try and address this frustrating situation.

n.b the problem is with Cryptsy, not Shadow

Hey CH, I contacted mullick back several weeks ago about why their wallet was still in maintenance.  I never received a reply until today.  He says that the locking issue is still happening, and he has taken the wallet offline until it is fixed. So I guess he is expecting Shadow devs to provide a fix now. A while ago on slack, dasource mentioned he was testing a fix for the linux daemon hanging issues that would resolve this.  Not sure if that ever succeeded.

It is indeed a head scratcher as to why Bittrex and Poloniex wallets seem to work 99% of the time and if there is an issue it is fixed quickly.  Cryptsy wallet is much less reliable, and Cryptsy and mullick have been notoriously slow at responding, locking up people's funds for weeks or months, and ignoring/not answering inquiries.  I have had my tickets ignored there in the past, and was banned from their chat box for complaining about lost funds that were not credited for over a week. Admins and others at Cryptsy were also falsely telling people that ShadowCash was broken and needs a dev to fix it, which is really misleading considering the wallet is working fine on other exchanges.  This turned off a lot of investors in the early days, and possibly was a big reason the price was so low, for so long.  If anybody wants to contact mullick, he is the guy that is in charge of fixing cryptsy wallets, and you can PM him here on bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99433

It would be nice to have the market at cryptsy working properly, but until that happens I think it is wise to avoid there and support Poloniex and Bittrex who have treated us much better.

Im not quite sure how the other exchanges have been dealing with the locking of the wallet. I currently run it in a for loop restarting the daemon every 15 minutes

But even then after a day or 2 it locks up within the 15 minutes. Is there any trick to stopping it? When it locks up it just stops responding to rpc calls. It doesnt reject them it just leaves them open with no response until the daemon is killed and restarted
rynomster

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:42:12 AM

Hey all
We've been quite busy over the past 2 weeks, working on the PoSv2 merge + SHA-256 enhancements.
The PoS v2 merge is going well, and we should soon be upstream from BlackCoin once again.
Once we're ready, we will start getting everyone ready for the hard fork to PoS v2.

We're having a few issues with the Android wallet, but I'm trying my best to get those sorted.
Hopefully if all goes well, next week we will be able to announce a release date for the latest changes and android wallet.
The new android wallet will have the HTML5 interface, as well as the ability to switch between a full node and a lite node.

From here onwards we'll be doing major enhancements to the secure/encrypted messaging, which is required for the marketplace.

We thank you again for our amazing community, and all the effort that is going into this project from all around the world.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:42:36 AM

URGE  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:46:28 AM

Promoting a P&D

ignored.
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:47:34 AM

whats up with craptsy deposits?  going on 14 hours waiting for my SDC to post.  Small test transaction worked.  Followed that with almost 2800 coins and they never posted.  The coins are there.  I see them on the blockchain.  craptsy wallet now says, "Our wallet is currently offline due to issues with the coin's blockchain."

It's a head-scratcher.

Shadower Pline was the unofficial "point man" for comms with Mullick (BCT member and Cryptsy admin). Perhaps he still is. Irregardless I suggest a Shadower State-side try and connect with him.

Richie (Bittrex) benefited from the rewindchain command which this community appraised him of. (he tweeted about it with great enthusiasm too btw)
As erok states above I tweeted Big Vern (@Cryptsy) once again to try and address this frustrating situation.

Hey CH, I contacted mullick back several weeks ago about why their wallet was still in maintenance.  I never received a reply until today.  He says that the locking issue is still happening, and he has taken the wallet offline until it is fixed. So I guess he is expecting Shadow devs to provide a fix now. A while ago on slack, dasource mentioned he was testing a fix for the linux daemon hanging issues that would resolve this.  Not sure if that ever succeeded.

It is indeed a head scratcher as to why Bittrex and Poloniex wallets seem to work 99% of the time and if there is an issue it is fixed quickly.  Cryptsy wallet is much less reliable, and Cryptsy and mullick have been notoriously slow at responding, locking up people's funds for weeks or months, and ignoring/not answering inquiries.  I have had my tickets ignored there in the past, and was banned from their chat box for complaining about lost funds that were not credited for over a week. Admins and others at Cryptsy were also falsely telling people that ShadowCash was broken and needs a dev to fix it, which is really misleading considering the wallet is working fine on other exchanges.  This turned off a lot of investors in the early days, and possibly was a big reason the price was so low, for so long.  If anybody wants to contact mullick, he is the guy that is in charge of fixing cryptsy wallets, and you can PM him here on bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99433

It would be nice to have the market at cryptsy working properly, but until that happens I think it is wise to avoid there and support Poloniex and Bittrex who have treated us much better.

Im not quite sure how the other exchanges have been dealing with the locking of the wallet. I currently run it in a for loop restarting the daemon every 15 minutes

But even then after a day or 2 it locks up within the 15 minutes. Is there any trick to stopping it? When it locks up it just stops responding to rpc calls. It doesnt reject them it just leaves them open with no response until the daemon is killed and restarted

For the record, our wallet still locks up or flat out crashes every couple of days... we just have alarming and other mechanisms in place to page us so we can fix it.  It would be nice to get that bug worked out no matter how great rewindchain is Wink

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:03:04 AM

We build a TechRynoVert!   Full-time!!   Unstoppable!!!

Hey all
We've been quite busy over the past 2 weeks, working on the PoSv2 merge + SHA-256 enhancements.
The PoS v2 merge is going well, and we should soon be upstream from BlackCoin once again.
Once we're ready, we will start getting everyone ready for the hard fork to PoS v2.

We're having a few issues with the Android wallet, but I'm trying my best to get those sorted.
Hopefully if all goes well, next week we will be able to announce a release date for the latest changes and android wallet.
The new android wallet will have the HTML5 interface, as well as the ability to switch between a full node and a lite node.

From here onwards we'll be doing major enhancements to the secure/encrypted messaging, which is required for the marketplace.

We thank you again for our amazing community, and all the effort that is going into this project from all around the world.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:11:38 AM

It's a head-scratcher.

For the record, our wallet still locks up or flat out crashes every couple of days... we just have alarming and other mechanisms in place to page us so we can fix it.  It would be nice to get that bug worked out no matter how great rewindchain is Wink

thanks,
richie@bittrex

I've just alerted the devs to your post on Slack. 

Dan
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:16:41 AM

Hey all

We thank you again for our amazing community, and all the effort that is going into this project from all around the world

Which means a date for the fork should be announced next week, soon Shadow wallet should work more better  Smiley

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
shadowdasher

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:33:45 AM

Hey all

Thank you for all of your efforts ryno + all other devs!
deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:47:39 AM

Hey all

Thank you for all of your efforts ryno + all other devs!

Thanks for the update! Really cant wait for the market. It will be the biggest innovation in human mankind
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:58:43 AM

Hey all

My gf is mad for these schleich animal figurines. Been waiting since December for my local department store to get one of these. A schleich rhino. This morning I saw they had one. Now I do too…

My very own schleichorynoverterous!

Good times!

Thanks for the update!

issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:59:05 AM

Hey all

+1111

Word up!
Keep up the good job the foundation to grow to higher
hitchcoin

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:15:58 AM

word of advice: forward shadow.cash to aboutshadow.com or figure something out with shadow.cash

bump
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 10:23:05 AM

word of advice: forward shadow.cash to aboutshadow.com or figure something out with shadow.cash

bump

thank you. Yes, we should do that

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Phbaby

Activity: 126

©

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:24:49 AM

What is the floor price after launch?
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: