Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:06:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:43:56 AM

Grin

Almost done!
Great work devs!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 08:32:37 AM

The other day a member of this community tipped me unexpectedly. It came at a time when I was feeling a little low and beleaguered.  It is the first time I have ever been directly tipped outside of IRC and I was overwhelmed by the generosity and have since been feeling pretty introspective. Life is indeed a rare and beautiful thing. Moments like this touch a man and I'll never forget my good samaritan. While you can influence people with criticism it is equally possible and always more remarkable to do so with an act of kindness. No man is an island and I'm poignantly reminded of how we draw strength from each other.

Thank You That Man.
You have no idea how moved I am.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:37:00 AM

Update: Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Developer Q&A for ShadowMarket!

The Shadow Project development team is racing to finish Shadow’s decentralized marketplace and bring you a truly anonymous e-commerce platform, but that doesn’t mean we’re leaving you all on the sidelines. Now that the ShadowMarket release is drawing closer, we will try answering all of your questions so we can share with you our vision for the first truly anonymous decentralized marketplace.

The developer Q&A will provide an opportunity for non-developer end users and community members to ask questions about the upcoming ShadowMarket directly to some of the developers responsible for writing the code. Keep in mind that ShadowMarket is still under development, so we may not be able to answer all of your questions, but we have plenty of info to share, so we’re sure we can satisfy your curiosity.

For this Q&A, we’ll gather most of your questions on Slack (#ShadowQnA), so be sure to join the community to take part. You can also submit your questions via Twitter by using the hashtag #ShadowQnA, or simply by replying to this forum thread. As we’d like to get to as many questions as possible, we’ll only consider questions that use 50 words or less, and all questions must be submitted before Friday, May 8. Keep in mind that we’re focusing on the ShadowMarket for this Q&A session—questions on other topics will not be answered.

We look forward to reading and answering all of your questions.

Best regards,

The Shadow Team

This is really good to see, especially in a time that we have a lot of altcoins that have only existed for a few weeks claiming to be delivering workable marketplaces in a similar short time scale of days or weeks.  

Lets see which marketplaces are better.  The ones that are copied and pasted from code that many devs have found problems with and rejected or the marketplace that is being written from the ground up with community engagement and consideration of the lessons learned form the drawbacks with the various opensource marketplaces that are about to be pasted into coins that I won't name for fear of the onslaught of FUD and trolling.

I have a feeling I know which marketplace will be a long term contender.
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:41:07 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 12:10:01 PM by Schild_

Lots of action on Trex
Lots of interest in Shadow
Lots of new investors
And a rapidly growing community

Now 326 357 372 385 390  397 addys with 1k+ Shadow
http://www.shadowchain.info/richlist/

We are going to have Shadow even if we have to fight for it.

Wink

Awesome! We have almost 400 people holding at least the equivalent of 100$ into the Project.  Not to mention the ones we don't see cause they are holding them on exchange. I think the distribution is starting to be very smooth.
rynomster

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:15:26 PM

Update: Thursday, 30 April 2015

New ShadowCore Client Now Available For Download!

The testing / fixing phase for PoSv2 has been successfully completed. PoSv2 will give the Shadow network extra security over the longer term as no one will be able to save up enough coinage in order to over-power the network. Although a 51% attack has not been successful on any PoS v1 coin, we opted to upgrade to eliminate theoretical attack vectors before moving on to our next objectives. We’ve also merged in the latest BC codebase and all the code we wanted from the bitcoin codebase, so we are officially up-to-date.

ShadowMarket will be using BIP32 keys for the market categories, so we are moving ahead with the HD wallet development. This will allow us to have tree level categories in messages, so people could subscribe/publish to certain categories. With this release, we’ve generated the BIP32 prefixes, which will be published as soon as we have a working HD wallet.  This is a big step towards the development of the marketplace.

Get Ready For POS V2!

ShadowCash will be forking on May 6th to switch to PoS v2. This is a mandatory update, please update as soon as possible!

We would like to thank all participants that helped us during the testing phase, we look forward to hearing about your first experiences.

The mac build will be released later this week, as soon as I have access to my mac. I'm currently in the process of moving house, so my mac is in storage.

The Shadow Team
Rynomster (lead developer)

rynomster

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:16:07 PM

As always, remember to take a backup of your wallet.dat Smiley

rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:18:08 PM

qnaka: Yus! dev updates

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:18:55 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 12:48:51 PM by Schild_

The testing / fixing phase for PoSv2 has been successfully completed. PoSv2 will give the Shadow network extra security over the longer term as no one will be able to save up enough coinage in order to over-power the network. Although a 51% attack has not been successful on any PoS v1 coin, we opted to upgrade to eliminate theoretical attack vectors before moving on to our next objectives. We’ve also merged in the latest BC codebase and all the code we wanted from the bitcoin codebase, so we are officially up-to-date.

ShadowMarket will be using BIP32 keys for the market categories, so we are moving ahead with the HD wallet development. This will allow us to have tree level categories in messages, so people could subscribe/publish to certain categories. With this release, we’ve generated the BIP32 prefixes, which will be published as soon as we have a working HD wallet.  This is a big step towards the development of the marketplace.

Get Ready For POS V2!

ShadowCash will be forking on May 6th to switch to PoS v2. This is a mandatory update, please update as soon as possible!

We would like to thank all participants that helped us during the testing phase, we look forward to hearing about your first experiences.

The mac build will be released later this week, as soon as I have access to my mac. I'm currently in the process of moving house, so my mac is in storage.

The Shadow Team

Awesome! Thank you
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126

Moon

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:44:50 PM

got to thank you again and the team for just an awesome job you bring to us way to go and keep it up SDC=Future!

Tulsene

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

..|..

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:10:47 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 01:21:44 PM by Tulsene

Great work and thank you to the whole dev team. I'm proud te be a part of this community and glad to see how things are going on!
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 01:20:43 PM

Get Ready For POS V2!

The Shadow Team

Great work by the dev team !

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Tulsene

..|..

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:22:17 PM

Great work by the dev team !

you're not a part of the dev team? :p
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:59:30 PM

You should send an email to the exchanges and remind them too. Quite a lot of people have their coins there  Grin
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:03:09 PM

ShadowMarket will be using BIP32 keys for the market categories, so we are moving ahead with the HD wallet development. This will allow us to have tree level categories in messages, so people could subscribe/publish to certain categories. With this release, we’ve generated the BIP32 prefixes, which will be published as soon as we have a working HD wallet.  This is a big step towards the development of the marketplace.

Get Ready For POS V2!

The Shadow Team

Awesome! Thank you

+1
Thar she blows!

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:16:09 PM

You should send an email to the exchanges and remind them too. Quite a lot of people have their coins there  Grin

Good point brains!
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:23:04 PM

djolt: <@U048LAT16|djolt> has joined the channel

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:43:25 PM

ShadowMarket will be using BIP32 keys for the market categories, so we are moving ahead with the HD wallet development. This will allow us to have tree level categories in messages, so people could subscribe/publish to certain categories. With this release, we’ve generated the BIP32 prefixes, which will be published as soon as we have a working HD wallet.  This is a big step towards the development of the marketplace.

Get Ready For POS V2!

The Shadow Team

Tried to update, didn't go. Also don't see the wallet update on http://www.aboutshadow.com/
Tulsene

..|..

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:59:35 PM

Tried to update, didn't go. Also don't see the wallet update on http://www.aboutshadow.com/

1.3.2 wallet isn't fully launched yet if I'm correct, did you tried to update from git?
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:13:17 PM

<snip>

All links will update over the course of the day as different websites are maintained by different people i.e. aboutshadow is by a community member etc...
The links posted are official ...

In reference to "Tried to update, didn't go" ... we need more information to provide assistance than that Wink

EDIT : Please remember as part of the upgrade to 1.3.2.2 your wallet will upgrade core components and also run a block chain reindex. This can take anywhere from 5mins to 30mins depending on the speed of your computer.

EDIT : Release Notes still apply if your upgrading from versions prior to 1.3.2.x
Code:
    The TXDB version has been raised to 70510.

On first boot the nodes will wipe any database before 70509 and initialise
    a reindex, which will reload the TXDB from the stored blockchain.

For Databases of verson 70509 an migration will run, significantly faster
    than a reindex.  All existing nodes should be on txdb version 70509.

Thin nodes don't store the blockchain and will need to redownload.

Note: Reindexing the chain could cause your failed stake transactions to be
    detected as occuring during the reindex, and displayed at the top of the
    transaction list.  They can be removed by running clearwallettransactions
    followed by reloadanondata.

^ I am with STUPID!
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:16:09 PM

Good point brains!

Have been notified but no harm if more people give them a *nudge*

^ I am with STUPID!
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: