Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:41:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:38:40 PM

Devs and team have a day off,

Freedom Day
King's Day
etc.

Relax child_harold  Wink

snipped

we both know a hardfork block ann was expected. Not that that is really relevant. This thread has been chaotic last couple days… we need some Team member hands to steady the ship, even if it's only words they can offer atm.

Basic Communication! It is so easy.

Bad habit to get into though. We're supposed to be a trustless system, and in theory that means the devs could take a group croak and we'd carry on without them. They owe us nothing, and the only assurance we have is that they're on the same plane we are and don't want to see it crash either.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:55:59 PM

Your hope is lacking if you require updates every few days from the devs.

MY hope lacking??! MINE?!  Angry

Here's the animated gif you threw at me months ago after you felt I got overexcited about ShadowSend v2 (as though that were even possible). I hereby return it to you Whaetclove…

You're like the clingy, jealous girlfriend who says she trusts you but needs to see your phone every hour you're together and needs you to call her every hour you're apart.
Instead of making a big fuss here on the thread about updates, just check the irc or slack logs and post what you find instead of asking every couple days. SDCdev is on pretty much daily. Also, ffmad gives some good insight as well pretty much every other day. But you know this so I don't understand all this hubbub continuously. It makes the thread look worse than fud imo. You were the one that told me to go to slack in the first place dudemeister, don't be a hippopotocritimus.

Dev's most recent testnet release not even a week ago was pretty awesome and is really stable imho.

TL;DR: Big releases get big PR graphical pushes. Development is aggregate.  Find the info and post it if you are concerned it isn't getting out there as much as it should.
As a rather new investor, I can't understand why you guys are killing child_harold. He makes a valid point. Not everyone will join slack, nor any other resource provided for many reasons both valid and banal. Whether you like it or not, the BTCtalk thread is a major resource that is the so called honey to your slack pot. This thread has to be maintained with the same alacrity as slack or whatever the heck there is. You guys kill him when he gets amped, you guys kill him when he wants news, you kill him when he questions the devs....Jesus christ. His questions are reasonable and valid. In this thread, half the time it feels like everbody's too cool for shit, the other time it's a gotta stay in lock step and not question anything, shout down the dissenters! I want to know these things as well. NO, I will not join slack. Yes, I expect updates to be posted here as well, perhaps by bot or dev or community member.  This community at times  feels, well,  strained. C_H takes care of troll slaying, but mostly its a hipsterish attitude.
P.S Give me a second, preparing for blow back.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:58:52 PM

There is a lot of consideration being given to how to keep the community updated on a consistent and regular basis.  Everybody is busy as hell and that's why it hasn't come together yet.  

If the core team can agree on how and when the updates are written, proof read and published then it should be like a nicely oiled machine.

I too wish updates were more regular.  They will become more regular soon, I'm sure of it.

Just in case it was lost in the gifs.
FakeSDCDev

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:06:32 PM

https://i.imgur.com/4vqY7nT.jpg

Update: Tuesday, 20 April 2015

New ShadowCore Client Now Available For Public Testing

Our development team has been hard at work integrating new features into ShadowCore that will better support our upcoming ShadowMarket. In order to best support a P2P marketplace environment the ShadowCore client has been updated to prepare the network to switch from using Proof of Stake to Proof of Stake v2. PoS v2’s revised coin weight calculation encourages greater network stability by not factoring in “coin age”. Therefore saving up coin age is no longer possible so nodes will need to be online more in order to get their stake reward. It'll involve a move from scrypt to SHA256 which will mean staking requires less processing power (especially helpful for mobile users wishing to stake their coins). The new system is also designed to solve security issues which made PoS v1 coins open to certain theoretical attacks. For more information see Blackcoin's Proof-of-Stake Protocol v2 white paper.                 

The upgrade took a great deal of work from the developers (you can view full details of the 230 changed files with 12,219 additions and 8,455 deletions here. There’s a summary of the changes in the release notes.

To participate in our public testing phase join the shadowtesting channel on slack.

ShadowGo Progress Update

We’re currently putting the finishing touches to an upgraded version of our Android wallet. This will give mobile users the full anonymizing functionality of ShadowSend v2. The beta version will be posted in the next few days for a short round of community testing before the full release. Stay tuned for further details.

ShadowMarket Progress Update

Good progress is being made on the Shadow Marketplace. Our developers expect to pick up speed now that all the necessary updates have been made to ShadowCore and a date has been scheduled for the PoS v2 hard fork. We will be working on upgrading ShadowChat for secure messaging, which will be the backbone of the whole market place, using BIP32 addresses for category trees. After that we will be working on anonymous mutltisig transactions. We are aiming to have a beta version ready for public testing and feedback within Q2. ShadowMarket will be the primary focus of our developers and the next feature to be added to the ShadowCore client.

Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm,

The Shadow Team

Rynomster (lead developer)

https://i.imgur.com/xQaKD1K.png
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:11:09 PM

Your hope is lacking if you require updates every few days from the devs.

MY hope lacking??! MINE?!  Angry

Here's the animated gif you threw at me months ago after you felt I got overexcited about ShadowSend v2 (as though that were even possible). I hereby return it to you Whaetclove…

You're like the clingy, jealous girlfriend who says she trusts you but needs to see your phone every hour you're together and needs you to call her every hour you're apart.
Instead of making a big fuss here on the thread about updates, just check the irc or slack logs and post what you find instead of asking every couple days. SDCdev is on pretty much daily. Also, ffmad gives some good insight as well pretty much every other day. But you know this so I don't understand all this hubbub continuously. It makes the thread look worse than fud imo. You were the one that told me to go to slack in the first place dudemeister, don't be a hippopotocritimus.

Dev's most recent testnet release not even a week ago was pretty awesome and is really stable imho.

TL;DR: Big releases get big PR graphical pushes. Development is aggregate.  Find the info and post it if you are concerned it isn't getting out there as much as it should.
As a rather new investor, I can't understand why you guys are killing child_harold. He makes a valid point. Not everyone will join slack, nor any other resource provided for many reasons both valid and banal. Whether you like it or not, the BTCtalk thread is a major resource that is the so called honey to your slack pot. This thread has to be maintained with the same alacrity as slack or whatever the heck there is. You guys kill him when he gets amped, you guys kill him when he wants news, you kill him when he questions the devs....Jesus christ. His questions are reasonable and valid. In this thread, half the time it feels like everbody's too cool for shit, the other time it's a gotta stay in lock step and not question anything, shout down the dissenters! I want to know these things as well. NO, I will not join slack. Yes, I expect updates to be posted here as well, perhaps by bot or dev or community member.  This community at times  feels, well,  strained. C_H takes care of troll slaying, but mostly its a hipsterish attitude.
P.S Give me a second, preparing for blow back.
I love ch and his posts but what I am saying is that rather than posting a page here about how more slack info should be posted here, post the info yourself! Have fun with it! Big stuff is always released big style by devs here but for debugging stuff, they don't brag much. I usually make a gif like when ludx made irc slack sex. Smiley

@bangomatic - look at the post directly above this one. Past that info we have heard of android and Linux wallet debugging. Nothing crazy.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:11:18 PM

So it's like a game to get any info. Still waiting for a real team member to give an update here.

Thanks in advance.
FakeSDCDev

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:18:56 PM

Hey all

The testing is going well.
There have been a few cosmetic issues that have been spotted.
We are working on these Smiley

Thank you everyone who is participating in the testing
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:25:01 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 05:43:51 PM by skip60

Can someone give an update here as to how the new wallet is working on testnet?

It has a new feature called the skip60 indicator. Let's you know when skip buys in, so you can dump and vive versa.

Probably the best feature in the wallet.

Ok wheatclove so you have a hard on for skip and harold.  

How about a team member give us an update? dasource??

it is good, yesterday i wrote couple of words here at btctalk, it was like a dead coin topic before i wrote

first of all, everybody should accept that  btctalk is the 1st source for people to learn about a coin, this is the reality

i was asking the same questions 4-5 months back, then it was agreed to update the community with weekly ish announcements....lack of communication was the biggest problem of this project, it was worse before. i should accept that there is an improvement...and communication gets  better and better

secondly, i know wheatclove very well and didnt forget how he dumped sdc and crushed the price, i was the one who bought his coins mostly...that is why he doesnt like me and he doesnt like people who makes negative comments like ch
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:35:13 PM

It has a new feature called the skip60 indicator. Let's you know when skip buys in, so you can dump and vive versa.

it is good, yesterday i wrote couple of words here at btctalk, it was like a dead coin topic before i wrote

first of all, everybody should accept that  btctalk is the 1st source for people to learn about a coins, this is the reality

i was asking the same questions 4-5 months back, then it was agreed to update the community with weekly ish announcements....lack of communication is the biggest problem of this project, it was the same before

secondly, i know wheatclove very well and didnt forget how he dumped sdc and crushed the price sdc, i was the one who bought his coins mostly...that is why he doesnt like me and he doesnt like people who makes negative comments like ch

What? Lol I've never had more than 16k sdc and when i sold most of them for bills back in december/january, I did so in 2k increments.

skip60

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:48:08 PM

first of all, everybody should accept that  btctalk is the 1st source for people to learn about a coins, this is the reality

i was asking the same questions 4-5 months back, then it was agreed to update the community with weekly ish announcements....lack of communication was the biggest problem of this project, it was worse before. i should accept that there is an improvement...and communication gets  better and better

secondly, i know wheatclove very well and didnt forget how he dumped sdc and crushed the price sdc, i was the one who bought his coins mostly...that is why he doesnt like me and he doesnt like people who makes negative comments like ch

What? Lol I've never had more than 16k sdc and when i sold most of them for bills back in december/january, I did so in 2k increments.

seriously, then who was he? edu maybe  Wink

where is coolstoryteller lately, is he still with us, which i dont think so
erok

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:50:40 PM

i was asking the same questions 4-5 months back, then it was agreed to update the community with weekly ish announcements....lack of communication was the biggest problem of this project, it was worse before. i should accept that there is an improvement...and communication gets  better and better

seriously, then who was he? edu maybe  Wink

where is coolstoryteller lately, is he still with us, which i dont think so
That was you skip60! You silly bastard.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
snip60

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:52:02 PM

I am done with shadow and sold all my shadow (100k shadow) at weekend

Good luck to you guys

as of today, i have sold all my sdc

good luck, take care

whatever i bought around 45-50 k, all sold

i am out bye

Cheesy
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:53:44 PM

Good luck to you guys

good luck, take care

i am out bye

Cheesy

You've just made my day bro. Lmao.  Grin Grin Grin
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:01:04 PM

i was asking the same questions 4-5 months back, then it was agreed to update the community with weekly ish announcements....lack of communication is the biggest problem of this project, it was the same before

You take too much credit imo.. 

CH is not negative, he is honest supporter who can't turn a blind eye to problems/bad communication ,
and I can say he is a best supporter with much positive results.

Also I understand why someone attack him, we don't want panic when we hodl coins.

For example, I would dump that Isidor shit, this way Shadow dosn't look serious.

I never dumped any Shadow, and will not in next 1 year for sure.
I'm not afraid of price going down, not happy ofc..

Shadow is more than a coin for me.
I know dev very well, and I respect him, his skills.

We wouldn't have this conversations if everything is ok.
Things have to be clear with the community.

skip60

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:16:53 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 06:27:41 PM by skip60

You take too much credit imo..  

CH is not negative, he is honest supporter who can't turn a blind eye to problems/bad communication ,
and I can say he is a best supporter with much positive results.

Also I understand why someone attack him, we don't want panic when we hodl coins.

For example, I would dump that Isidor shit, this way Shadow dosn't look serious.

I never dumped any Shadow, and will not in next 1 year for sure.
I'm not afraid of price going down, not happy ofc..

Shadow is more than a coin for me.
I know dev very well, and I respect him, his skills.

We wouldn't have this conversations if everything is ok.
Things have to be clear with the community.

Isidor thing was such a coolstory, i dont even want to remember it

last thing i heard about the review was that Isidor wants to finalize it but waits for some additional documentation from our dev team but dev is too busy to prepare the docs....and it is on hold Huh

so that time, why did they push it so hard for a review, now it looks like it is not a priorority
skip60

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:21:23 PM

Good luck to you guys

good luck, take care

i am out bye

Cheesy

so you expect me tell everthing about my coins openly here and give you the exact figures...if you want i give you my wallet and the password

of course there will be tricks sometimes and i sell them buy them back, etc

skip60

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:24:15 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 06:38:29 PM by skip60

waow, who is still dumping so badly

it looks like someone is trying to ruin the price

tulsene, i am ready to feed you as much as you want

until this community/ dev team agrees to have market maker/ trader group, that is what they get

dump
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:28:49 PM

it looks like someone is trying to ruin the price and the coin

SoepBot   Why not    (\/) (',,,,') (\/)!

Cheesy

We will get better communication on 10k,  I'm sure

erok

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:35:49 PM

it looks like someone is trying to ruin the price and the coin

SoepBot   Why not    (\/) (',,,,') (\/)!

Cheesy

We will get better communication on 10k,  I'm sure

They say as the price gains 12 percent... 

skip60

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:45:15 PM

it looks like someone is trying to ruin the price

tulsene, i am ready to feed you as much as you want

until this community/ dev team agrees to have market maker/ trader group, that is what they get

dump

SoepBot   Why not    (\/) (',,,,') (\/)!

Cheesy

We will get better communication on 10k,  I'm sure

They say as the price gains 12 percent...  

what kind of chemical are you using?

which %12 percent price gain you are telking about

do you have fish brain, do you remember last 24 hours at most? one week ago price was around 70k....now 35k...do the math
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: