Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 07:58:59 PM

TorCoin. You proof of work is throughput on the network, a little for a bridge or middle node and a lot for an exit. Your Tor service is also a wallet and either the sender or the receiver has to spend to transmit data, and the spend is distributed among the nodes that handle it.

Somebody needs to invent something like this! Maybe they could start with a cryptocurrency with zero-knowledge proofs, and then add distributed public key messaging, then other features after that.

That's actually a freaking clever idea.

The list of tor nodes is known so whenever a user would make a successful connection to a website it can start broadcast a acknowledgement of service which would be secured by a CPU PoW algo and the node is rewarded.

Another good starting point for the consensus algo would be the "DDoS coin" example.
 https://news.bitcoin.com/proof-ddos-malicious-consensus/

Well of course it's a clever idea- it's yours! Because I'm really talking about Shadow, but with some features added to make it run like a tor service and connect machines through the Shadow network. The part where it's monetized is already there.

Soon every node will automatically be a Tor node  Wink

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
Scofield

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:22:40 PM

I love you SDC! We overpassed 2 million marketcap  Kiss

If Shadow Market (or Aphrodite) get some DNM people on board, we might be looking 50X - 100X  Cool (look at XMR's hype)

This is true. Take a look at how Monero XMR pumped when Alphabay integration was announced... When that hype settles down, and Aprhodite and the Market are released, people will realize this is the next thing. Alpha integrating XMR is good for anonimity, but what's the point when the operators can run with your BTC/XMR at any time? Eventuelly every market will have an exit scam.. Just take a look at how the Nucleus market vanished recently. They were highly trused with uptime over 2/3 years I believe. But at one day, the operators will take your money and dissapear. Untill SHADOW MARKET!

Great things to come for SDC,
I really hope we are close to some releases. Can't wait!
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3109

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:32:44 PM

I love you SDC! We overpassed 2 million marketcap  Kiss

If Shadow Market (or Aphrodite) get some DNM people on board, we might be looking 50X - 100X  Cool (look at XMR's hype)

This is true. Take a look at how Monero XMR pumped when Alphabay integration was announced... When that hype settles down, and Aprhodite and the Market are released, people will realize this is the next thing. Alpha integrating XMR is good for anonimity, but what's the point when the operators can run with your BTC/XMR at any time? Eventuelly every market will have an exit scam.. Just take a look at how the Nucleus market vanished recently. They were highly trused with uptime over 2/3 years I believe. But at one day, the operators will take your money and dissapear. Untill SHADOW MARKET!

Great things to come for SDC,
I really hope we are close to some releases. Can't wait!

I agree. XMR pump shows very clearly that we can't underestimate the potential of DNM's... It is real. It is growing.

Diplo

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:52:27 PM

Last month marked the 2 year anniversary for The Shadow Project and a lot has been developed during this time!

If you're familiar with the scene then you know this week has been anything but boring in the anonymous crypto space. We believe the excitement and attention around anonymous cryptocurrencies is just beginning and it will only grow exponentially from here. The great thing about this project, and something unique to this project alone, is it's more than just an anonymous cryptocurrency.

To find out more, read the latest Medium.com article here about this great project and what's to come!

DarkLurker

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:13:16 AM

Nice article, is this the reason for the latest price rise?
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:14:14 AM

arcanum: No, article just went up. I think its because of the upcoming release

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:23:41 AM

All I can say is the unseen level of excitement around the SDC team is beyond what anyone can imagine. I guess you could say what is happening in the Shadows. Smiley
I feel completely certain that if everyone knew how much momentum was on the way, the market cap would be at least 4 or 5 times what it is today. I have no doubt SDC is in a league of it's own, and will set the pace going forward. I humbly suggest anyone on the sidelines take your positions now, and hold on for the ride of your life.  Grin
Kewde

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 09:56:05 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 11:32:49 AM by Kewde

We've also been doing a very effective outreach.
The newcomers per week has dramatically gone up  Cheesy

Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:05:33 PM

Does Shadow have a testnet setup where we can see the progress, test features, and attempt to break stuff so it can be fixed before going live?
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:23:15 PM

Feature request:  Add a Balance column on the wallet address table.  I'd like to be able to see which address have coins and how much.

Feature request:  Add the option to hide address.  I've got 2 pages, going on 3 pages of address.  Half of them are not being used right now so I would like to be able to hide them.
filippounits

Activity: 692
Merit: 501

฿E YOUR OWN ฿ANK

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:38:51 PM

Does Shadow have a testnet setup where we can see the progress, test features, and attempt to break stuff so it can be fixed before going live?

IDK if some tests is ongoing but a public testnet it would be really nice.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how work the shadowmarket!

Obv I have an old bag of SDC and I have increased it recently. Looking closely this project.

Waiting also for the CNY market. Any news in this direction? @ btc38 vote page there still that 0.8BTC...what going on??

Bitrated user: filippounits.
Kewde

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 08:17:47 PM

IDK if some tests is ongoing but a public testnet it would be really nice.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how work the shadowmarket!

Obv I have an old bag of SDC and I have increased it recently. Looking closely this project.

Waiting also for the CNY market. Any news in this direction? @ btc38 vote page there still that 0.8BTC...what going on??

RUNNN SHADOW RUNNN THE CHINESE ARE COMING!!!

Scofield

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:25:34 AM

Nice buy support forming on Polo and Bittrex, market is finally coming back alive. But I'm not quite ready to sell  Cheesy
anders lokka

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:29:39 AM

immortal shadowcash since years. good

I have performed the most faster yobit ico sold out in 29 Minutes.
NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 01:51:48 PM

TorCoin. You proof of work is throughput on the network, a little for a bridge or middle node and a lot for an exit. Your Tor service is also a wallet and either the sender or the receiver has to spend to transmit data, and the spend is distributed among the nodes that handle it.

Somebody needs to invent something like this! Maybe they could start with a cryptocurrency with zero-knowledge proofs, and then add distributed public key messaging, then other features after that.

The list of tor nodes is known so whenever a user would make a successful connection to a website it can start broadcast a acknowledgement of service which would be secured by a CPU PoW algo and the node is rewarded.

Another good starting point for the consensus algo would be the "DDoS coin" example.

Well of course it's a clever idea- it's yours! Because I'm really talking about Shadow, but with some features added to make it run like a tor service and connect machines through the Shadow network. The part where it's monetized is already there.

Soon every node will automatically be a Tor node  Wink

I have been following the posts in the NAV thread with regards to their use of parts of the SDC code base.

I've implemented optional addnode=.onion daemon connectivity for Navcoin and would likely easily be able to add some nodes on the same and/or new servers for SDC.

Does SDC have any existing / dedicated Tor nodes already ? Would the community / devs. consider any bounties to assist with server set-up / help with running costs etc.,

The concept of 'Tor Incentive' mechanisms is not new ;

- https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-incentives-research-roundup-goldstar-par-braids-lira-tears-and-torcoin

N.B. that the 'TorCoin' of this forum is not the one mentioned in any of the research papers.

Here is Roger D. (lead Tor dev.) on the subject of 'Tor Incentive' mechanisms at HAR (Hacking at Random) 2009 ;

- https://youtu.be/WJD1hDKDqlo?t=4m56s   Lips sealed   Wink

Using the Tor network as an optional transport mechanism is one thing, whilst integrating the Tor software into existing software is perhaps something else entirely.

-  https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
poloniexwhale

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 01:54:20 PM

Big pump, any good news? SDC is still stable, after so many years. Good sign.

rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:17:14 PM

edu-online: @code: @sdcdev-slack

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Diplo

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:00:52 PM

Big pump, any good news? SDC is still stable, after so many years. Good sign.

Big software update coming soon, and recent article published on SDC. Another article is coming out this week i'm told. Lots of new excitement around this coin, the community has grown a lot in the last 48 hours.  Smiley
xmrlove

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:37:12 PM

I have been following the posts in the NAV thread with regards to their use of parts of the SDC code base.

I've implemented optional addnode=.onion daemon connectivity for Navcoin and would likely easily be able to add some nodes on the same and/or new servers for SDC.

Does SDC have any existing / dedicated Tor nodes already ? Would the community / devs. consider any bounties to assist with server set-up / help with running costs etc.,

- https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-incentives-research-roundup-goldstar-par-braids-lira-tears-and-torcoin

N.B. that the 'TorCoin' of this forum is not the one mentioned in any of the research papers.

Here is Roger D. (lead Tor dev.) on the subject of 'Tor Incentive' mechanisms at HAR (Hacking at Random) 2009 ;

Using the Tor network as an optional transport mechanism is one thing, whilst integrating the Tor software into existing software is perhaps something else entirely.

Beware,  this user missed out on XMRs rise. He is trying to manipulate noob users into investing into another coin that uses failed tech that DASH and BTC use.
Diplo

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:39:04 PM

Beware,  this user missed out on XMRs rise. He is trying to manipulate noob users into investing into another coin that uses failed tech that DASH and BTC use.

What coin are you talking about, NAV? lol
Pages: « 1 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: