Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:14:18 PM

When will ShadowSend v2 be ready (expectation)? How far is it?

We are on testnet now with it.
00Smurf

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:15:16 PM

Can someone explain to me "staking" and "weight"?

Is it better to have multiple inputs in the wallet or is it ok to have only one large input in one address?

Basically, how can you optimize staking the most efficiently?

EDIT:

Am I also right in assuming that if I have 20k SDC being staked, I should be generating 1.096 SDC a day?

20 000 / 365 * .02

Okay, so staking is the process of creating a new block and getting this block approved by the network, according to the parameters of the protocol (8 hours for SDC) the staked coins will be unavailable for new stake during that time.

Weight is simply your weight on the network. If you keep your wallet offline / locked from the network for 1 day you will save up 1 coinday in weight per coin. In your case this would be a weight of 20.000 per day. Saving up the weight will make your coins stake faster at that point, but after they have staked they'll have to build up weight again to stake again.

Simply said, User A with 100 coins and 10 days of weight will have a weight of 1000 on the network. User B with 1000 coins and 1 day of weight will have the same weight, however he will stake earlier as he will gather more weight faster.

To get the most out of staking you should keep your wallet unlocked for staking 24/7. You calculation is about right, however, because you stake the 1.096 the next day also you will receive a bit more by the end of the year. Also, transaction costs get added too so eventually it's a bit more then 2% if you stake 24/7.

Awesome. Should I just remove the passphrase entirely off the wallet since it seems you are only able to stake with it unlocked. The only way I've seen to unlock it is with walletpassphrase 'MySuperSecretPassword' 300 true.

Which unlocks it for 300 seconds. Is there anyway to unlock it indefinitely?

Also, I tried doing a send message thing. What the hell is the public key? In a regular bitcoin address, the public key is the public address. How do I send a message to someone if they shared a public address with me?

If you are using daemon / command line then 999999999999 is the solution, no other way to do it. If you use the UI you can unlock it indefinetly via the menu options by simply unlocking the wallet for staking. (Settings -> Unlock Wallet)

If using the GUI, when you go to unlock the wallet, you can unlock it fully or click the checkbox and it will "Unlock for staking only".
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:34:51 PM

http://shadowcash.info/wiki/ShadowChat Hopefully helps you out, have you ever used PGP pub keys?

That's how it's accomplished? Huh. I'll have to try it out.
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

For those who missed whats coming Shocked

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:40:53 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 10:22:20 PM by LongAndShort

Couple of quick points for dev team:
1) Although the HTML5 wallet is beautiful, it keeps crashing and blockchain downloading keeps getting stuck.

Shadow has inherited some bugs from the html5 code itself. These will most probably exist until the new html5 is released.
I don't have the issue of you guys waiting and stuck downloading since i use the bootstrap.dat (i usually test it everytime someone
says they have an issue and i don't ever, seem to be able to recreate the issue on a windows 7, 8 box) but you may want to add some nodes not
that it should be necessary since there is a dns seeder but its worth a
http://shadowcash.info/wiki/Community_Nodes

2) It is hard/impossible to find this thread in Google, since most people will be looking for "shadowcash".

Yes i still notice Shadow has some short term legacy issues with regards to it first being shadowcoin.
Ultimately, most of us would like to move away from this thread to its own forum at shadowtalk.org
but that, as you can understand comes with time and a larger user base to help that transition.
I encourage people to work on the wiki, as that is a top search result and can hold all the right info
necessary. That is something i'll  personally endeavor to be working on deeply, over the next few weeks once the zk testnet is public.

3) In the "Receive" section of the wallet, the address does not fit (it is abbreviated by ...) in default size.

The html5 ui wallet scales to size, so if its small it will abreviate, i've noticed. You can submit your bugs/suggestion you notice to the google doc we have setup from
the last public testing phase http://goo.gl/4yXo3x also on the shadowtalk.org forum, if its something you think is an issue. There is also #shadowtest where the appropiate devs
monitor so you can talk with them there.

Please speak up if you still have syncing issues after adding some nodes. I encourage everyone, again, to be a little patient with the team, there are some fixes in the next release which afaik will be out shortly.
Lastly, i thank and encourage you to post anything else you don't like or are having trouble with and or things you would like to see. So they/we can look at them and hopefully continue to refine it.
If you like the project and would like to help us all (existing community, devs) out let us know what you can contribute so we can work on it.
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:58:03 PM

As a long time darkcoin holder, what really brought me to drk was that Evan was very transparent with who he was and it led me to have some faith to invest in the project.

I'm wondering who is the core team behind SDC? I'm already invested a little, but want to know more.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:08:43 PM

I was wondering if a bit of DRK money would start coming into SDC.
I can see it already has  Cool

Impressive.

Bought a few as well Grin

Heh, that's kind of awesome. So that's you, me, and Coinz so far.

I have 50k as well, but I've had them for a while now. And it's not DRK money per se, I (bag)hold a lot of different coins lol.

Anyone wanna buy 50 million earthcoins btw? Sad
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:10:25 PM

Impressive.

I have 50k as well, but I've had them for a while now. And it's not DRK money per se, I (bag)hold a lot of different coins lol.

Hey I've got 50M EAC too!!! hahahah.  Funny......

ItsNotMe

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:14:28 PM

As a long time darkcoin holder, what really brought me to drk was that Evan was very transparent with who he was and it led me to have some faith to invest in the project.

I'm wondering who is the core team behind SDC? I'm already invested a little, but want to know more.

What made me trust this dev team is the tech they have put out. They never hype anything and they never even announce a project until its already on testnet. Getting a community roadmap from these guys was very difficult because they are so careful to not hype their tech. This is one reason no one has heard of SDC other than those who have been lucky enough to stumble across it. They have released an incredible amount of firsts in crypto within the last 4 months.

- First wallet2wallet rich text instant, anon, encrypted messaging
  - First openssl dualkey stealth addresses
  - First full feature mobile staking wallets
  - First HTML5 wallet
  - First POS lite wallet/SPV

Im sure I am forgetting some tech releases but you get the idea. What's even more crazy is that they quickly open source all this tech, maybe to the detriment of gaining notoriety for SDC.

They are about to release a tech breakthrough that nobody has been able to accomplish. People have been trying to pull off ZK for over a year and no one has been able to do it. From what I am hearing ZK is testing just fine and will be public testing very soon. All this makes me trust this dev team even more than knowing who someone is in real life.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:18:45 PM

What made me trust this dev team is the tech they have put out. They never hype anything and they never even announce a project until its already on testnet. Getting a community roadmap from these guys was very difficult because they are so careful to not hype their tech. This is one reason no one has heard of SDC other than those who have been lucky enough to stumble across it. They have released an incredible amount of firsts in crypto within the last 4 months.

- First HTML5 wallet

Im sure I am forgetting some tech releases but you get the idea. What's even more crazy is that they quickly open source all this tech, maybe to the detriment of gaining notoriety for SDC.

They are about to release a tech breakthrough that nobody has been able to accomplish. People have been trying to pull off ZK for over a year and no one has been able to do it. From what I am hearing ZK is testing just fine and will be public testing very soon. All this makes me trust this dev team even more than knowing who someone is in real life.

+1 Well spoken.

Glad to have you on our side.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
00Smurf

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:26:18 PM

- First HTML5 wallet

+1 Well spoken.

That being said Ryno did do a POD with crypto asian, and his linked in profile is avail to view.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:27:52 PM

Impressive.

You SOB now I'm going to have to buy more to one up you!

On a more serious note, Currently the total network weight is 60k. If I purchase 60k myself, would that mean I would have half of the total network stake rate?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:30:06 PM

Impressive.

On a more serious note, Currently the total network weight is 60k. If I purchase 60k myself, would that mean I would have half of the total network stake rate?

I dare say your weight would be 6k or below
00Smurf

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:31:59 PM

Impressive.

The weight bounces around as coins go in and out of stake.

I have 24k coins waiting to stake at, my weight is 1,200 while net weight is 60k
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:32:52 PM

Hmm, is there a formula for calculating with a 24/7 staking wallet?
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:34:53 PM

- First HTML5 wallet

+1 Well spoken.

That being said Ryno did do a POD with crypto asian, and his linked in profile is avail to view.
So who else is on the core team? I'm having trouble finding out who's behind the project.
00Smurf

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:36:00 PM

(Your coins * 2% / 365). Will give you an approx calculation. Then you have to factor in compound interest as your minted coins add to your amount of coins to stake.

I stake 24/7 myself. After the first day or two it runs very consistent as you get a balance between coins in stake and out of stake
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:47:42 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 10:57:43 PM by LongAndShort

None of its very accurate, in fact thats common knowledge. Afaik coin age is going to be remove in place of a better more accurate system.
I personally don't know the formula, i know its not accurate to begin with and is merely a guide. So, personally, i'm waiting for a better solution that also, does not require a cps.
I don't have a link to a formula but i came across many on searches in the past. I just don't put much weight in the current pos system to trust it as being overly accurate.
Coin age is a tricky thing.

Shadow has inherited quite a few pos issues from blackcoin, the funny thing was blackcoin just released their v2 just after Shadow launched so it made things hard to switch as you can understand.
However, its been smoothed out now in this next release and it will be worked on at a later stage because there are plenty of bugs within it.

EDIT: Here is the paper for v2 anyways, you might find some of the info in it useful http://www.blackcoin.co/blackcoin-pos-protocol-v2-whitepaper.pdf
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:29:47 PM

I like the fact our Dev is non-American

My post history will show that many months ago I encouraged Evan Duffield (DRK dev), a man whom I held in high regard (and still do I guess) to get out of the U.S.
(Get out of Dodge bro)

I cannot fathom how any well known dev (like Evan) can make any inroads into anon. I can only imagine the random visits he may have received by men in dark suits. No way.

There was always the weird bit how the original AWS images hosted by Evan for CPU mining back in early days of DRK were hosted in N. Virginia (Amazon). I prefer not to think about it.

After unsuccessful revision after unsuccessful revision I sold my DRK stash and moved on.

I am only in search of Anon. This is the fruition of Satoshi's dream.

Good Luck U.S. devs. I hold 3 coins. Only one has a U.S dev.

Dan Metcalf's recent hiccup vindicates my feeling in this regard. Surprisingly perhaps He has worked for the U.S. Homeland Security iirc (presumable based in N.Virginia)

I was in IRC with Evan and co. when they ran their first testnet.
Not long ago I held only XC and DRK.

How things change…
This is not DRK FUD. Just my feelings.

Go RYNO!
\o/

Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:36:47 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 03:04:24 AM by Coolstoryteller

- First HTML5 wallet

+1 Well spoken.

So who else is on the core team? I'm having trouble finding out who's behind the project.

Hey godzirra,

The project's lead developer is sdcdev aka rynomstr. We have around 5 other devs all contributing to the project in different capacities with the addition of another dev/cryptographer who is in the process of joining the project. A couple of our devs also double up as graphic designers.

SDC Dev team:
rynomstr, tecnovert, ffmad, crz-, ludx,

We also have some part time foreign community managers that help with translations and posting Shadow updates to various markets: Russian, Indian, Chinese and Spanish. More proactive members include SebSebastian and Soepkip who handle our community management here and on reddit/facebook. Longandshort hosts and maintains Shadow's wiki page. Smurf and Kamui do tons of daily SDC giveaways in the IRC channel #shadowcash.

Personally, I'm not a fan of proof of developer.. IMO the only real "PoD" is proof of delivery/development. If you look at Shadow releases they've all been firsts for crypto: Dual Key Stealth Addresses, mobile staking, PoS-SPV and HTML5 client. Ryno also developed the first network leveraged EM system with his bounty work at CINNI. That being said here is the Proof of Developer Rynomstr did with cryptoasian - http://cryptoasian.com/sdc-shadowcoin/

As this is a privacy based project we would hope the community would respect the privacy wishes of the dev team. The Shadow project is community ran and anyone is more than welcome to contribute whatever skills they have be it marketing, development, design, etc. A few of us help out with various tasks like pm, materials, editing, pr, marketing - basically anywhere we can help out the project. A few holders have recently stepped forward to help contribute to the project with SEO and SEM. I'm definitely looking forward to see the community grow and be more proactive Cheesy

I'm glad to have you on board my friend. I was an early DRK investor myself so it's nice to both communities appreciating each others work. Historically, the only successful long-term projects have had technical founders, so I was relieved when I spoke to Rynomster the first time I got here. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to join us in #shadowcash on freenode irc or #shadow on anonops.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: