Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:18:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:27:44 PM

Who is that clown with the phony 2 SDC buys on Bittrex? Get the hell out of there, the adults are talking.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:39:06 PM

Hey guys, I have a problem – some time ago, I bought SDC, moved it to my wallet and have been staking since then.

I'm on Windows now and have a slight issue that when I'm AFK for a long time, my OS goes to sleep but can't be woken up, so I have to hard restart it.
That happened just now and when I opened my wallet, I see that my wallet shows almost 6.400 SDC less than I should have (that never happened before).

My wallet is in sync, there are no outgoing transactions in my wallet and I'm kinda freaking out.
Can somebody tell me what happened or how to advance? You can imagine how unpleasant that is.

Are you running ShadowLite? I've had issues with transactions not syncing or showing up in lite mode. I always had to restart the program to show the transactions that came in.

Yes, I'm running lite with staking. Also encrypted (dunno if that helps).

It's not about not showing up some recent transactions, I had that balance for a pretty long time now..

Can anyone point me on how to repair the wallet? I've tried restarting it a few times already.

I had this problem. I was running on the shadow 1.3.2 ... going to 1.3.3 solved it.
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:29:54 PM

Hey guys, I have a problem – some time ago, I bought SDC, moved it to my wallet and have been staking since then.

I'm on Windows now and have a slight issue that when I'm AFK for a long time, my OS goes to sleep but can't be woken up, so I have to hard restart it.
That happened just now and when I opened my wallet, I see that my wallet shows almost 6.400 SDC less than I should have (that never happened before).

My wallet is in sync, there are no outgoing transactions in my wallet and I'm kinda freaking out.
Can somebody tell me what happened or how to advance? You can imagine how unpleasant that is.

i had similar problems in lite mode, block explorer show the right balance, u can check from there

litemode solution - download the whole chain and dont stake...

i am using lite mode without staking, it works perfectly without staking

or u can use the full mode and stake...full mode works perfectly with staking
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:29:04 PM

Freight Train coming through Grin

Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:05:08 PM

Are you running ShadowLite? I've had issues with transactions not syncing or showing up in lite mode. I always had to restart the program to show the transactions that came in.

It's not about not showing up some recent transactions, I had that balance for a pretty long time now..

Can anyone point me on how to repair the wallet? I've tried restarting it a few times already.

I think your best option is to backup the wallet.dat first, and then remove everything EXCEPT the wallet.dat from %appdata%/roaming/shadowcoin. Just a normal resync.

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:38:09 AM

You know your balance goes down when you stake right? Have you made sure you are even on the right block. Look at your wallet and correlate it with the block explorer.
http://bit.ly/12D3X2W

Yes, I know. Thanks for link to repairwallet command, that fixed it. Really appreciated, thanks man! (even though the LMGTFY wasn't neccessary, hehe)

Also thanks everybody who threw in their advice – great support :]

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:50:02 AM

Now look at the order book....   Supply is drying up.  Only one way to go!

clown.scar

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:57:34 AM

Bye bye trolls. Huh
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:27:36 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 02:14:22 PM by LucyLovesCrypto

I love the mobile wallet (released) and stealth addresses (released and open source) but have several questions:

1. All the marketing efforts seem similar to CLOAK (Cloaktalk vs. Shadowtalk, One Market vs Shadow Bay, similar websites and writing styles for press releases, etc). Is the marketing team for SDC the same as it was for CLOAK? (I know the dev team including Ryno and technovert is different).

2. While the current stealth address tech is open source (thanks!) the ZK release in beta is not. Is there a reason for this? It seems to me that by putting the beta code in GitHub, progress could be made faster and any potential problems before public release would be more likely to be found. While a whitepaper is great, the community needs to see actual (zero knowledge) code to make sure it works as designed and is safe.

Thanks in advance!
MoonDusk

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:49:07 PM

I love the mobile wallet (released) and stealth addresses (released and open source) but have several questions:

1. All the marketing efforts seem similar to CLOAK (Cloaktalk vs. Shadowtalk, One Market vs Cloak Bay, similar websites and writing styles for press releases, etc). Is the marketing team for SDC the same as it was for CLOAK? (I know the dev team including Ryno and technovert is different).

2. While the current stealth address tech is open source (thanks!) the ZK release in beta is not. Is there a reason for this? It seems to me that by putting the beta code in GitHub, progress could be made faster and any potential problems before public release would be more likely to be found. While a whitepaper is great, the community needs to see actual (zero knowledge) code to make sure it works as designed and is safe.

Thanks in advance!

1. The marketing team is not the same as it was for CLOAK. Shadow have actually marketed the coin vastly different to the approach CLOAK took which was based on deadlines and a lot of hype. Shadow has survived all these months by letting the features they developed do the talking. In particular, ShadowChat encrypted chat, HTML5 PoS Lite wallet, stealth addresses and soon true anon in the form of zk transactions.

2. I'm not sure if the code will become open source straight away. The devs have put hundreds of coding hours into producing their zk implementation, if it was open straight away the tech will be copied into other coins pretty fast as happened with rynos stealth addresses. The code will likely be audited by someone reputable whilst closed, hopefully not too long after we will see open release. This seems a fair approach.
pookielax31

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:01:28 PM

You know your balance goes down when you stake right? Have you made sure you are even on the right block. Look at your wallet and correlate it with the block explorer.
http://bit.ly/12D3X2W

Yes, I know. Thanks for link to repairwallet command, that fixed it. Really appreciated, thanks man! (even though the LMGTFY wasn't neccessary, hehe)

Also thanks everybody who threw in their advice – great support :]

Let me google that for you makes me laugh every-time Grin
LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:10:29 PM

1. All the marketing efforts seem similar to CLOAK (Cloaktalk vs. Shadowtalk, One Market vs Shadow Bay, similar websites and writing styles for press releases, etc). Is the marketing team for SDC the same as it was for CLOAK? (I know the dev team including Ryno and technovert is different).

Thanks in advance!

1. The marketing team is not the same as it was for CLOAK. Shadow have actually marketed the coin vastly different to the approach CLOAK took which was based on deadlines and a lot of hype. Shadow has survived all these months by letting the features they developed do the talking. In particular, ShadowChat encrypted chat, HTML5 PoS Lite wallet, stealth addresses and soon true anon in the form of zk transactions.

2. I'm not sure if the code will become open source straight away. The devs have put hundreds of coding hours into producing their zk implementation, if it was open straight away the tech will be copied into other coins pretty fast as happened with rynos stealth addresses. The code will likely be audited by someone reputable whilst closed, hopefully not too long after we will see open release. This seems a fair approach.

I agree the tech so far has been great. I also agree with you that no hard deadlines is more healthy for the coin.

My only concern is your comments about not going open source until "hopefully not too long after we will see open release" because it sounds a lot like CLOAK told people about PoSa.

I also am 99.99% that CloakTalk forms were started by the same person that started ShadowTalk forums. That is okay, because this person is knowledgeable and seems to have the best interests of SDC at heart. I just with the marketing team would be more transparent about their involvement in prior projects. Some of us like what we see but still have concerns about open source of zk project and flashbacks to promises regarding PoSA and One Market.

It would also be nice if the dev would pop in and give us more information about how the testnet is going. IRC is not always helpful in providing these details and not everyone can camp there out all day hoping to learn something when it could be revealed here, Reddit, or ShadowTalk much easier.

Thanks again!
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:16:23 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 03:57:34 PM by child_harold

@ LucyLovesCrypto

Testnet has finished. Waiting for imminent release of whitpaper and new ZK wallets, which will be on github. The Dev (Ryno) can often be found in irc and is always helpful.

This ain't Cloak, it's Shadow  Cool

pookielax31

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:19:22 PM

@ LucyLovesCrypto

Testnet has finished. Waiting for imminent release of whitpaper and new ZK wallets, which will be on github.

WE ARE.....
LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:34:33 PM

@ LucyLovesCrypto

Testnet has finished. Waiting for imminent release of whitpaper and new ZK wallets, which will be on github. The Dev (Ryno) can often be found in irc and is always helpful.

Thank you very much! I am happy to hear this (especially the GitHub part)

Once zk releases on mainnet (open source) I see some generous tips in the future for the dev team.

You guys are great!
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:47:39 PM

@ LucyLovesCrypto

Once zk releases on mainnet (open source) I see some generous tips in the future for the dev team.

You guys are great!

Lucy, Shadowcash won't be opensourced near time.
This will avoid the appearance of clones. Because we all know that SDC techs are superior

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:50:47 PM

@ LucyLovesCrypto

You guys are great!

CORRECTION: The github statement of mine was my assumption. I just went on irc to confirm with members of the Team whether this is in fact correct or not.

The reply I got was that "no final decision's been made on that yet".

Sorry I spoke out of turn.

Having said that I have little doubt ShadowSend v2 will be open-sourced in the fullness of time.

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968

einc.io

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

So here is a question I've been curious about for a long time.

I've seen what feels like hundreds of people now,  show up here and in IRC,  say hopeful things about the project and also say that they are ready to buy and will soon as ZK is out mainnet after SDC has essentially fully proven itself.

I feel like I have literally seen this sentiment well over a hundred times (likely way more).   So my question is what the hell are these people going to do when ZK launches?  They do realize there is only 6.5M coins?   And that as it would seem the vast majority of them seem to be in very strong hands.      So what is going to happen?  If you look at the order books there is no supply.   I'm sure if we blast through 30k and get up to 50k-70k etc   Some people will ROI, or eventually sell off,  However I feel the buyers demands will vastly, Vastly outweigh the sellers even at prices several times higher than now.

So my question is, is almost everyone going to miss the boat?   There have been plenty of chances to get >20k SD, and even more chances to grab it between 20-30k. 

Are most of them going to miss the boat entirely?  And be forced to kick themselves in the as forever like I do about my BTC stash before it went above $5.00 ^.^

I'm just generally curious what you think is going to happen.

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:56:30 PM

I've seen what feels like hundreds of people now,  show up here and in IRC,  say hopeful things about the project and also say that they are ready to buy and will soon as ZK is out mainnet after SDC has essentially fully proven itself.

I feel like I have literally seen this sentiment well over a hundred times (likely way more).   So my question is what the hell are these people going to do when ZK launches?  They do realize there is only 6.5M coins?   And that as it would seem the vast majority of them seem to be in very strong hands.      So what is going to happen?  If you look at the order books there is no supply.   I'm sure if we blast through 30k and get up to 50k-70k etc   Some people will ROI, or eventually sell off,  However I feel the buyers demands will vastly, Vastly outweigh the sellers even at prices several times higher than now.

So my question is, is almost everyone going to miss the boat?   There have been plenty of chances to get >20k SD, and even more chances to grab it between 20-30k.  

Are most of them going to miss the boat entirely?  And be forced to kick themselves in the as forever like I do about my BTC stash before it went above $5.00 ^.^

The answer to your question:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

I've seen what feels like hundreds of people now,  show up here and in IRC,  say hopeful things about the project and also say that they are ready to buy and will soon as ZK is out mainnet after SDC has essentially fully proven itself.

I feel like I have literally seen this sentiment well over a hundred times (likely way more).   So my question is what the hell are these people going to do when ZK launches?  They do realize there is only 6.5M coins?   And that as it would seem the vast majority of them seem to be in very strong hands.      So what is going to happen?  If you look at the order books there is no supply.   I'm sure if we blast through 30k and get up to 50k-70k etc   Some people will ROI, or eventually sell off,  However I feel the buyers demands will vastly, Vastly outweigh the sellers even at prices several times higher than now.

So my question is, is almost everyone going to miss the boat?   There have been plenty of chances to get >20k SD, and even more chances to grab it between 20-30k.  

Are most of them going to miss the boat entirely?  And be forced to kick themselves in the as forever like I do about my BTC stash before it went above $5.00 ^.^

The answer to your question:

Pretty much this.
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: