Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally!!!!!  (Read 81254 times)
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 01:08:08 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2012, 01:26:38 PM by Vladimir

Of course, some people just saw a demonstration of what exactly their coins are being used for i.e. for selling them on mtgox. Not withdrawing it from pirate (if anything is there) would be at least unwise given the circumstances.
So you think pirate is already trapped in his own short squeeze and will thus be bankupt soon?

Yes, I find that scenario quite plausible. I think it is a ponzi and he was steadily selling some part of "invested" BTC for long time now. This time was just a little show added to impress his flock and generate some "guru" status a-la "currin trading lottery". Selling into the bid to drive price down 2$ from current price certainly did not look like a mythical infallible "1-2% a day daytrader". Cannot know for certain, of course, but time will tell.

Also consider claimed quarter to half million USD worth of fake bid walls, one needs money in gox to build those. Where that money came from? Yep, it is likely, from earlier sales of BTC. If those BTC were sold at 5-6$ mark, and there are plans (which is doubtful) to pay it back one needs to actually convert that into BTC. Now how one does that and even pays 3000% annual dividend on top of 50% trading losses.

And BTW, pirate, did you know, if you lost 10%, you need to earn 11.11% to get back to where you have started. If you lost 50% you need to double your money to get back to the starting point.

-
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 01:26:16 PM

not sure who was impressed... and guru status... you are going over board there, I hope.

The money for the bid wall could have come from the previous ask wall, but still it seems the last move for the night was a big dump and now we are back where we started pretty much implying a loss in BTC terms. But only time will tell for sure.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 01:28:02 PM

not sure who was impressed... and guru status... you are going over board there, I hope.

Nope, just an indication of how low opinion I have about his flock, really.

-
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 01:45:33 PM

Nope, just an indication of how low opinion I have about his flock, really.
ah the illusion of duality ! our judgements of others reflect on oneself.

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 01:49:49 PM

I think you're a really cool guy.

EDIT: These rally threads are boring in the middle of the day! Where is all the hype?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:03:00 PM

Pirate was stating that selling 10s of thousands of coins would not be possible without his lenders. Maybe some got scared to actually loose their coins if pirate just sells them all?

Of course, some people just saw a demonstration of what exactly their coins are being used for i.e. for selling them on mtgox. Not withdrawing it from pirate (if anything is there) would be at least unwise given the circumstances.

Sold all my pirate bounds  Angry

He said that a price jump was bad for him so I'm running away with my profit.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:07:26 PM

Pirate was stating that selling 10s of thousands of coins would not be possible without his lenders. Maybe some got scared to actually loose their coins if pirate just sells them all?

Very smart!

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 02:22:36 PM

Double digits this week? Today? Cheesy

Epic.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:25:44 PM

I think you're a really cool guy.

EDIT: These rally threads are boring in the middle of the day! Where is all the hype?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
billington.mark

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 02:30:51 PM

loving every second of this...

BTC - 1MarkBCmVn3yp1SB9RZZ7VfqJzkpV8Hmdo
BitMessage - BM-GtZkeAbmKGs77FEoigm9TmsQBSfvMB3N
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:55:48 PM

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

BTCurious

Activity: 714

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 03:01:28 PM

12% profit is still 12% profit. The market may be up >12%, but that's irrelevant because you don't have those Bitcoins anymore anyway.

It's important to stay rational in cases like this Smiley

beckspace

Activity: 931

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 03:02:25 PM

The market cap is now bigger than before, when bitcoins were U$12,00 a piece (08/11).

sadpandatech

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 03:28:50 PM

12% profit is still 12% profit. The market may be up >12%, but that's irrelevant because you don't have those Bitcoins anymore anyway.

there is not enough room to fit all the text needed to accuratly spell it out for you.

Sell BTC to clients @ 12% above market.
Hold USD to try and find a lower price to buy back in at to increase said 12%.
Fail because market is up >12%
Double Fail by using said USD in further trying to fake wall the price back down...

u r welcome. ;p

- GA

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 03:34:10 PM

there is not enough room to fit all the text needed to accuratly spell it out for you.

Double Fail by using said USD in further trying to fake wall the price back down...

u r welcome. ;p

Awesome, now try it without wild assumptions.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 03:35:17 PM

u r welcome. ;p

Awesome, now try it without wild assumptions.

*raises an eyebrow at you inquisitively*

- GA

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:14:05 PM

the pressure is there. remember this key concept: "WALLS ARE FOR MARKET MANIPULATION ONLY"  the agenda behind putting up a wall is never to buy or sell coins but to keep the price high/low before a set time to make a switch (ie. this weekend). the reason they want to keep the price low till the weekend is they don't want to have as much competition for cheap coins. All the REAL trades are done in "the trenches." When people actually want to buy or sell coins they will do it "in the trenches" discreetly selling/buying a couple hundred coins at a time.

So essentially what i'm saying may sound counter-intuitive but here's what i think of "walls" :   A large ask wall thats up all day friday is a BULLISH sign. Assuming that they make the switch to the Bid side when the banks close. also a large bid wall thats up all day sunday is a BEARISH sign, because they plan on switching to the ask side when banks open.

The almost perfectly linear Diagonal line shape of the bid side is much more healthy than the "r" shape of the ask side.  this is because the bid side is full of "real" traders. People who actually want to buy coins. any time the price changes up or down the bid side is always buying "in the trenches"

Right now, in my opinion, the people that are selling "in the trenches" are being manipulated by that ask wall.

Wow I actually learned something important here. Thanks!

this is why you should ignore walls. in fact, you should almost see them as an indicator of a switch

The almost perfectly linear Diagonal line shape of the bid side is much more healthy than the "r" shape of the ask side.

What about manipulators creating this "organic" line shape at the bid side (maybe via some script)?
then they would have to be selling/buying in the trenches because they would have no wall to manipulate people into undercutting (which protects their wall, so they would have no protection). so their agenda would be to actually sell/buy coins. so this is what manipulators do AFTER a switch, or if they are predicting another manipulator's switch by essentially "calling their bluff".

bottom line is: no matter if its a bot or a bunch real traders, Linear diagonal lines are signs that they actually want to buy/sell. Walls are signs that they don't.

this explains why that counter-argument doesn't make sense.  

PLZ STOP GETTING MANIPULATED BY WALLS!! WE CAN FIX THIS OBVIOUS MANIPULATION IF YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS

So noting the large bid wall (again), there will be a switch fallowed by a price fall?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:22:25 PM

Where exactly did he say this?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:24:48 PM

He did say it. I believe in the main btcst thread, not sure.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:34:26 PM

Somewhere in there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82849.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: