Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:36:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84186 times)
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:49:12 AM

Just came back from London and can say that I've met Ludvig and he seemed pretty real Wink

Look, ordinarily I'd say "Pics or it Didn't Happen" but I don't want to change my personal mental image of DeaDTerra:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:51:28 PM

My Offer still stands, anyone that want to meet me in London this weekend, pm me and we can sway numbers etc.
So far I only have one meetup with a investor planned, I would love to meet the rest of you as well Cheesy
I will finish of the most important things tomorrow make sure everythings up to date and such, as I will probably only have limited internet at best during the conference.

Sorry about my sloppyness with the log book, it has been a busy week.
//DeaDTerra

Just came back from London and can say that I've met Ludvig and he seemed pretty real Wink
I can confirm that! Wink I was there too and I had great speak with DeadTerra. Good luck with your fund, friend, I am definitely gonna stay with my bitcoins there Wink

Look, ordinarily I'd say "Pics or it Didn't Happen" but I don't want to change my personal mental image of DeaDTerra:

haha, it was really nice meeting you guys Smiley
A bit sad I didn't have more time to talk to you and that I had to run to my flight, I would have love to take a beer and chat with you guys a bit longer.
Haha I am sure you can spot me in one of the many videos that will be up soon of the speeches.
I will update all the spreadsheets and payout the profits tomorrow, right now I need sleep xD
18 hours sleep in 76 hours... damn you and your early morning/late evening flights Tongue
//DeaDTerra
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 07:20:17 PM

Maybe next year we can have more time to meet  Smiley
I did not sleep very well too during the conference. Thursday - party all night (my friend's birthday) Grin Just 3 hours sleep in a bus friday morning. Friday, saturday nights it was about 4hours sleep each night, very early wake up to be on time to first talks. Good coffee helped a lot to survive it;)

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 07:46:59 PM

More blond and you've just about got it

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 06:11:34 PM

For anyone that's interested how I look like.  You can see me in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcr9ewg99LA
(For those that know please don't spoil the fun Tongue)
//DeaDTerra
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 12:32:15 AM

Hello everyone,

I took a glance at DeaDTerra's portfolio.  Having working at a mutual fund company before, I would give DeadDTerra these recommendations.

- I agree with DeaDTerra liquidation of GLBSE assets.  Right now I think the fund is invested in too many of them.  Only the top 5 or even 3 GLBSE assets should have any money in them.  DeaDTerra seems like a busy guy so having to research 10+ GLBSE assets a week would be a handful for any one person doing this part time.  I can see DeadTerra researching one asset a day comfortably, but two assets a day five days a week is a bit much.  Knowledge is power.  I suggest cutting back to under 5 or less of the best GLBSE assets that are run by trustworthy people.  I would also sell for a loss any underperfoming, time-consuming assets ASAP.  I know liquidity is bad and it is just a waiting game now.

- The recent ASICMINER investment, although risky, was a good speculative play since it is important to invest in the future.  Only a small portion of the fun should be speculative.

- Giving out loans at 1.5-3.5% interest a week, in my opinion, is highly risky and people who are asking for such loans risk default and non-payment.  Anyone asking for such a loan may not even be business savvy since USD/fiat loans are much cheaper and it would make more sense to go to a real bank.  In addition banks don't give out commercial loans without substantive credit check, and it is difficult to credit check everyone in the forums.  I would greatly reduce the number of loans given out.

- Right now bitcoins are in a bull market.  Merely holding onto bitcoins is an investment itself.  It is better hold onto bitcoins rather than risk losing bitcoins.  If any investment is merely daytrading bitcoins then that would be unprofitable in a bull market.  I would not give out loans to daytraders at this time.

- For stable investments look for companies that have already proven themselves, have high integrity, and is transparent.  Gamma Bitcoin Fund is a "stable" fund so most of the portfolio should be in these companies.

LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:10:58 AM

I took a glance at DeaDTerra's portfolio.

This is well thought out and clearly conveyed - Thank you for this contribution!

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:50:50 AM

I took a glance at DeaDTerra's portfolio.

This is well thought out and clearly conveyed - Thank you for this contribution!

I dont claim to put in as much effort as DeaDTerra.  Just my advice.  Take it for what its worth.  I have only invest what I am comfortable losing.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:35:43 AM

Hello everyone,

I took a glance at DeaDTerra's portfolio.  Having working at a mutual fund company before, I would give DeadDTerra these recommendations.

- I agree with DeaDTerra liquidation of GLBSE assets.  Right now I think the fund is invested in too many of them.  Only the top 5 or even 3 GLBSE assets should have any money in them.  DeaDTerra seems like a busy guy so having to research 10+ GLBSE assets a week would be a handful for any one person doing this part time.  I can see DeadTerra researching one asset a day comfortably, but two assets a day five days a week is a bit much.  Knowledge is power.  I suggest cutting back to under 5 or less of the best GLBSE assets that are run by trustworthy people.  I would also sell for a loss any underperfoming, time-consuming assets ASAP.  I know liquidity is bad and it is just a waiting game now.

- The recent ASICMINER investment, although risky, was a good speculative play since it is important to invest in the future.  Only a small portion of the fun should be speculative.

- Giving out loans at 1.5-3.5% interest a week, in my opinion, is highly risky and people who are asking for such loans risk default and non-payment.  Anyone asking for such a loan may not even be business savvy since USD/fiat loans are much cheaper and it would make more sense to go to a real bank.  In addition banks don't give out commercial loans without substantive credit check, and it is difficult to credit check everyone in the forums.  I would greatly reduce the number of loans given out.

- Right now bitcoins are in a bull market.  Merely holding onto bitcoins is an investment itself.  It is better hold onto bitcoins rather than risk losing bitcoins.  If any investment is merely daytrading bitcoins then that would be unprofitable in a bull market.  I would not give out loans to daytraders at this time.

- For stable investments look for companies that have already proven themselves, have high integrity, and is transparent.  Gamma Bitcoin Fund is a "stable" fund so most of the portfolio should be in these companies.

Thank you Smiley
I will take these points into consideration.
The plan is to reduce our risk rate and decrease the amount of anonymous investments to 0. The Bitcoin lending market is getting silly and we need to get out.
I will post more about my plan tonight Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:22:58 PM

Hm seems like yet again I overestimated the time at my disposal...
The full report will be delayed until tomorrow though I don't want to leave you guys empty handed.
So I will leave you with three of the projects that GBF will be involved with in the future,
1. Lending
Gamma Bitcoin fund will start accepting loans, we will offer low rates for low risk loans. We will ask for ID,phone number etc and make sure the person exists and is the person that's looking for a loan then the person will sign a contract that will be enforced by judge.me. Basically a low risk use of our capital, this is something that the bitcoin community misses, low risk loans with low interest rates. For honest people that are looking for some real loans.
2. Hedging arbitrage bot
We will connect our current arbitrage bot to ICBIT.SE and trade futures, by hedging on MTGox we can treat the futures as normal bitcoin trading. Right now there are trades for 10-20% profit on ICBIT.SE and the spread is huge, we have already contacted the owner and gotten his good to go as well as some basic code to help us get started on his platform. Hopefully we will have the bot up and running fully in a couple of weeks.
3. Venture fund
After some good and inspiring talks at the conference,I got an idea of a venture fund. A serious venture fund, for real people with real investments. We allow people to apply to the fund, with a board/panel of expertise in different areas we can pick apart each application and only the best will be invested into. But our mission does not end here, once we have invested with them they are a part of us and we a part of them. Hence the whole board helps out on their areas of expertise and helps improve and support the company.
Right now the board looks as following me,Nefario,Nicholas Mendoza,Caleb and Meni Rosenfeld.
(note this idea is about 3 days old and is not fully completed).
We are looking to add up to 10 people on this board.

These are just a couple of the ideas I have for the future of GBF. More details and a full write up will be avalible soon Smiley
I will provide a London experience review and new changes to GBF tomorrow.

Any comments,questions or feedback is warmly welcomed.
//DeaDTerra
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 11:07:27 AM

Nice ideas! Keep up with the good work!

bitcoinbit

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:34:07 PM

Great looking fund I'm in  Grin
burger

Activity: 195

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 07:30:53 PM

DeadTerran, they are shouting for you in this video... check at 00:00:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6fuEKqGSsQ

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 10:00:24 PM

Haha wow, I didn't know they called for me. That probably means I won a single and didn't pick it up or something...
//DeaDTerra
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:31:12 AM

Haha wow, I didn't know they called for me. That probably means I won a single and didn't pick it up or something...
//DeaDTerra
Ouch Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 01:23:34 PM

The full report will be delayed until tomorrow though I don't want to leave you guys empty handed.
So I will leave you with three of the projects that GBF will be involved with in the future,
1. Lending
Gamma Bitcoin fund will start accepting loans, we will offer low rates for low risk loans. We will ask for ID,phone number etc and make sure the person exists and is the person that's looking for a loan then the person will sign a contract that will be enforced by judge.me. Basically a low risk use of our capital, this is something that the bitcoin community misses, low risk loans with low interest rates. For honest people that are looking for some real loans.
2. Hedging arbitrage bot
We will connect our current arbitrage bot to ICBIT.SE and trade futures, by hedging on MTGox we can treat the futures as normal bitcoin trading. Right now there are trades for 10-20% profit on ICBIT.SE and the spread is huge, we have already contacted the owner and gotten his good to go as well as some basic code to help us get started on his platform. Hopefully we will have the bot up and running fully in a couple of weeks.
3. Venture fund
After some good and inspiring talks at the conference,I got an idea of a venture fund. A serious venture fund, for real people with real investments. We allow people to apply to the fund, with a board/panel of expertise in different areas we can pick apart each application and only the best will be invested into. But our mission does not end here, once we have invested with them they are a part of us and we a part of them. Hence the whole board helps out on their areas of expertise and helps improve and support the company.
Right now the board looks as following me,Nefario,Nicholas Mendoza,Caleb and Meni Rosenfeld.

These are just a couple of the ideas I have for the future of GBF. More details and a full write up will be avalible soon Smiley

//DeaDTerra

I hope you pick better investments than Rebate,Bitdaytrade and Zip.A

If another one of those gets through the gate Im not going to be too happy.  Tongue

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:25:52 PM

1. Lending
2. Hedging arbitrage bot
3. Venture fund

//DeaDTerra

I hope you pick better investments than Rebate,Bitdaytrade and Zip.A

If another one of those gets through the gate Im not going to be too happy.  Tongue

Haha yea... I have made some poor decisions I must admit.
The idea is that if you have several people that are experts in different areas we can make a decision together that's better then a decision made by each person Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 08:07:58 PM

Yet another cold has put me down for the counting...
Rather then trying to fix all the accounting now with my slugish brain I will delay it until tomorrow.
sorry guys!
//DeaDTErra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:27:29 PM

Log book updated, investor list updated Smiley
Withdraw sent (should be all of them, if not pm me)
Still sick, but I will keep on working when I have energy, I am aiming to release the new infrastructure update within a couple of days.
//DeaDTerra
strello

Activity: 234

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:48:57 PM

Another week, more losses.

My 100 BTC investment at the end of July is now reduced to under 76.

I think it's time you updated the OP to reflect this recent performance. It still claims:

Estimated Return on Investment
5-10% per month
1.25-2.5% per week

Which, I think is a bit misleading as there have now been 8 straight weeks with losses.

You have been saying that the new infrastructure would be in place since the beginning of this month, and still nothing has happened.

Hi DT.

Any updates on when you will start the new investment system?
Hello Smiley
I am still working on it, I have had tons to do and I have been very busy and now I am sick...
But it's a working progress,I will probably sit down in a day or two to implement it once I feel better Smiley
The plan is at least to switch this weekend.
//DeaDTerra

I am concerned by the casual mention in the log book on the 8th, 9th and 18th September of your buying shares in GIPPT.  Incidentally, there is no mention of these purchases in the GBF Assets log which says that GIPPT holdings are 0. Are we paying for your failed Pirate insurance fund?? I belived this was to be kept completely separate from GBF.

Also, from looking at the GBF Assets log, which I assume is completely out of date, it appears that the fund is heavily invested in Ziggi/ mybitcointrade.

Do you have any news on the situation there, as it looks to me like they have abandoned the website and their investors and run away with the money.

How will this situation affect GBF?

If this does turn out to be another fraud, will you publish Ziggi's passport info?

Have the same problem myself with 350 BTC Smiley

The best i found so far are:

Low risk
MyBitcoinTrade 10.5% monthly https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81357.0
chungenhung 8% monthly https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56853.0

Do you have some info about who runs Mybitcointrade and his real world indetity?
I have talked to ziggs on skype and I have received a scan of his passport Smiley
//DeaDTerra

I must admit that at the moment these continual losses and dubious investments are really making me wonder if I should cut my (not insubstantial) losses and get out now.

I hope you can recover from your current cold soon, and post some encouraging replies to these questions.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: