Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:44:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:02:01 PM

Im starting to short monero on polo. I have a feeling the bog crash is upon us. Hope im right though.

I think we need to welcome this type of activity because they bring liquidity for the new adaption and buying. I am not convinced how profitable it is to sell though.. to crash big time you need to convince some early guy with large bag to sell to cover your position.

I am not selling but you can ask someone else if they are willing to dump...
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:03:01 PM

Yesterday morning I was on a break at work, yes Sunday, when I received a call from my gf who is out of town.  During our conversation she commented that I sounded "exceedingly calm".  You guys might be excited but this is what this upswing has done for my mood. Smiley  She knows of btc and Monero and my involvement but is limited in her understanding of them or my personal holdings.  She has had opportunity to invest but has declined.  When she hears of the recent rise she will inevitably ask why I didn't get her some Tongue  So yesterday I bought her some @0.0143 that she as yet doesn't know.  Of course any profits will be hers and any loses will be mine Grin Grin

Buying @0.0143 Shocked I must be crazy Undecided
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:06:30 PM

Im starting to short monero on polo. I have a feeling the bog crash is upon us. Hope im right though.

Still don't see it, are you finished yet?
Altitude

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:12:04 PM

Guys, it cant continue going up and up and up. It needs a nice retrace and does have many old bagholders who are newly rich and will be cashing out soon. The end of the year is coming, the holidays are coming and people know this and want to lock in profit before everyone else starts locking in their end of the year profit. I wont be the last one locking in profit, I want to be the first and lock in the most possible. Dont you?
So based on that it's coming down, it may go back up a bit before it tumbles but for the next months this thing needs to chill and come back to reality. Hype can only take you so far, soon the buyers will dry up and the sellers will be out in force.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
magico

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:15:02 PM

Buying @0.0143 Shocked I must be crazy Undecided

Don't sell in case of huge correction/crash in september. It's longterm investment.

I've bought some @0.003-@0.004 in 2015-03... And then it's crashed. Not sold.
And I'm happy now Wink
tifozi

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:20:25 PM

Guys, it cant continue going up and up and up. It needs a nice retrace and does have many old bagholders who are newly rich and will be cashing out soon. The end of the year is coming, the holidays are coming and people know this and want to lock in profit before everyone else starts locking in their end of the year profit. I wont be the last one locking in profit, I want to be the first and lock in the most possible. Dont you?
So based on that it's coming down, it may go back up a bit before it tumbles but for the next months this thing needs to chill and come back to reality. Hype can only take you so far, soon the buyers will dry up and the sellers will be out in force.

But it looks like you are very poor at this game. If we all follow you, we will have a nightmare scenario going on  Wink

I sold 55% of my xmr today for a nice healthy profit. I'll buy back in a few months when the price has shed over 50% of its gains.

mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:21:56 PM

I sold 55% of my xmr today for a nice healthy profit. I'll buy back in a few months when the price has shed over 50% of its gains.

Soooo, you're still shorting?

Let me ask, when did you buy back?

LMAO.
coinism

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:27:39 PM

i've ridden some coins up and all the way back down. all of those coins had something special but none of them had the kind of privacy monero offers. Based on the fact that monero is a much safer and better option compared to bitcoin and dnms starting to use them: something special might be happening here. big price correction swings ahead for sure, but it could be just the beginning of a much longer ride to a much bigger mc. it almost doesn't matter if you sell now or buy now, either way you will make profit.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:34:54 PM

The train literally just left, do you tend to jump off the train while it is in full throttle motion?

You are probably right...price will go down...and it will go up...and then down again...and up...rinse...repeat.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:38:51 PM

Soooo, you're still shorting?

Let me ask, when did you buy back?

LMAO.

so based on his comment he is expecting at the most $2.50 will be the bottom to get back in. He sold on Aug 23 at the latest his "50%". So that is roughly $2.50.

Let's see if we get to $2.50 in a few months.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:44:41 PM

I can understand why this might seem rational, on the basis of priors carried over from other assets, but you should please recall BTC 2013.  It is unlikely that this will repeat, right here, right now, but if it does while you are short, your account will be liquidated and you will have to start over.  Maybe take a smallish short, with a tight stop, so you don't get ruined?  Unless you have very high confidence probability estimates, you can't really calibrate your leverage-space (Kelly in a levered context) optimum position size, so there are significant unknowns involved, of both known and unknown varieties.

Given the upside asymmetry of Monero, if you must trade, I recommend varying your position size between, say, 0.5 and 1.0 of your Monero-allocated capital.  If you are out-performing buy-and-hold after a few months, then you might consider increasing your leverage range.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
tifozi

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:47:55 PM

I can understand why this might seem rational, on the basis of priors carried over from other assets, but you should please recall BTC 2013.  It is unlikely that this will repeat, right here, right now, but if it does while you are short, your account will be liquidated and you will have to start over.  Maybe take a smallish short, with a tight stop, so you don't get ruined?  Unless you have very high confidence probability estimates, you can't really calibrate your leverage-space (Kelly in a levered context) optimum position size, so there are significant unknowns involved, of both known and unknown varieties.

Given the upside assymmetry of Monero, if you must trade, I recommend varying your position size between, say, 0.5 and 1.0 of your Monero-allocated capital.  If you are out-performing buy-and-hold after a few months, then you might consider increasing your leverage range.

Way too much information for an obvious troll to digest  Grin Grin

We will have more cousins from the primer~ family in the coming days (some have already been silenced and not heard from again). I recommend conserving bandwidth.
Altitude

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:58:46 PM

But it looks like you are very poor at this game. If we all follow you, we will have a nightmare scenario going on  Wink

You mean selling my xmr for profit makes me poor? Dont be so foolish young investor. Profits are what this is all about. Its not about holding and supporting forever. Its about making money.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
Altitude

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:01:38 PM

The train literally just left, do you tend to jump off the train while it is in full throttle motion?

You are probably right...price will go down...and it will go up...and then down again...and up...rinse...repeat.

Yep but its going down first. We'll see a retest of 0.009 at least but more likely to 0.006.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:03:08 PM

New poll on XMR price - cast your vote !!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Altitude

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:03:47 PM

Given the upside asymmetry of Monero, if you must trade, I recommend varying your position size between, say, 0.5 and 1.0 of your Monero-allocated capital.  If you are out-performing buy-and-hold after a few months, then you might consider increasing your leverage range.

Umm What?

Grin Grin

I have a very high confidence that xmr is coming way back down before it ever hits a new ath.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:07:22 PM

I have a very high confidence that xmr is coming way back down before it ever hits a new ath.
Well, then.  Go for it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Fragbait

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:11:29 PM

Mr. shortypants is gointa be in a world of hurt.  I mean, that 160 btc sell wall at 016 absolutely reeked of desperation.  It's just crazy stupid to try to front-run "sell the news" 3 days too soon.  The punters haven't had a chance to buy the rumor yet.

160 BTC is 0.2% of daily volume. Is that supposed to be such a huge wall to cause any movement (or obstacle of movement) in price and to be upset about? Unless it's an independent 3rd party and prevents insiders trading from their left hand to the right and back?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:30:10 PM

Yep but its going down first. We'll see a retest of 0.009 at least but more likely to 0.006.

let's see if 0.009 or 0.006 gets hit first before going higher...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:35:08 PM

Umm What?

Grin Grin

then you should be shorting XMR to hell. Leveraging up your assets to bet against a new ATH for XMR right?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: