Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 11:58:18 PM

What do you think? Is this finally it guys. Have we finally found support? This pattern doesn't quite match anything we have seen yet in this down trend.

We've now broken the pattern... But is it just one big buyer and then we resume the float towards or actual trend reversal.  Our volume will help tell that story I think.

But with folks Max Kaiser waking up to monero is just a matter of time before...   

... China

The pattern is a lie!   Grin  It's likely some very sharp, algorithmically-enhanced, well-funded players who missed the years of ch33p c01nZ are using their whalesque heft in order to catch up by bullying little fishes into panic selling before the next (French/Chinese/SE Asian?) wave of new money enters the market.

Then there is the fact mass dumping began coincident with Otoh's latest Dash pump.  Recall he rage-dumped tons of XMR last year, because in order to warn the public of fraud some socially conscious Mustangs said unflattering things about his instamined shitcoin HYIP.

I notice XMR is up on very low volume relative to the rest of the moonth, which is unusual, but perhaps explained by the high(est) daily volume compared to the other coins being traded.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:17:05 AM

What do you think? Is this finally it guys. Have we finally found support? This pattern doesn't quite match anything we have seen yet in this down trend.

We've now broken the pattern... But is it just one big buyer and then we resume the float towards or actual trend reversal.  Our volume will help tell that story I think.

But with folks Max Kaiser waking up to monero is just a matter of time before...  

... China

Lets get fluffy pony on the keiser report Cheesy. Really I bet it wouldn't be that hard at all to make it happen. Or maybe there is more value in keeping a low profile.

If this were a poker hand it would be the kind that is a mistake to slow play.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:21:26 AM

We've now broken the pattern... But is it just one big buyer and then we resume the float towards or actual trend reversal.  Our volume will help tell that story I think.

... China

Lets get fluffy pony on the keiser report Cheesy. Really I bet it wouldn't be that hard at all to make it happen. Or maybe there is more value in keeping a low profile.

If FP reached out to him in my estimation there is a 90% chance max would be into it.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:24:32 AM

And here after I finally decided to buy all the way down up we go;D  At least I got some @~150

The change is coins off the sell side and although the total buy side is similar many of those bids have moved up so now >600btc above 150 after a few hours ago almost nothing there.

Edit:  Oh wait, rangedriver Tongue  Ok got it Cool
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:54:15 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2016, 01:35:49 AM by shmadz

... China

If FP reached out to him in my estimation there is a 90% chance max would be into it.

Yeah, probably, max is pretty open to anything outrageous and anti-establishment-banking-system.

I'd advise against it, and not just because I'd still like to continue accumulating.

Similar to the way Satoshi reacted when the silk road news broke, I think it's still too soon. I guess it's always too soon, but in a perfect world, I'd have a well tested GUI in place and also a trusted fiat exchange lined up before I went around actively seeking attention... If ever.

I'm not sure Monero would actually benefit from mainstream attention at all , actually. If word spreads naturally through black markets that Monero can actually act the same as cash, i think that's preferable. I mean, I've seen news that "criminals" are using briefcases full of gift cards and other nonsense to avoid seizure and forfeiture. I can only imagine what they might do if they ever catch on to the benefits of truly anonymous digital cash.

Edit: I'd like to address my short-sighted use of the term "trusted fiat exchange" - given the nature of Monero and the nature of most centralized exchanges (hello KYC) I think an announcement of a distributed version of "local bitcoins" would be a better answer for the fiat-digital exchange. Given that such an exchange or "meet up" would probably end up being accessed by the same methods as people access the dark net markets, I think that necessity will indeed become the mother of invention in this case.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:33:58 AM

Edited for brevity:

I'm not sure Monero would actually benefit from mainstream attention at all , actually. If word spreads naturally through black markets that Monero can actually act the same as cash, i think that's preferable. I mean, I've seen news that "criminals" are using briefcases full of gift cards and other nonsense to avoid seizure and forfeiture. I can only imagine what they might do if they ever catch on to the benefits of truly anonymous digital cash.

Edit: I'd like to address my short-sighted use of the term "trusted fiat exchange" - given the nature of Monero and the nature of most centralized exchanges (hello KYC) I think an announcement of a distributed version of "local bitcoins" would be a better answer for the fiat-digital exchange. Given that such an exchange or "meet up" would probably end up being accessed by the same methods as people access the dark net markets, I think that necessity will indeed become the mother of invention in this case.

Do you mean something like this? https://moneroforcash.com

I have no real idea if this is legit and haven't investigated whether it's a very secure site or not, I just found it and thought it looked interesting as a start...
Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:39:06 AM

Glad to see the price is up today, I hope it will continue to go back to its peak price. Still cannot realize any profit but at least I was able to minimize my loses, with it go back to 0.02 this month or not?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:46:21 AM

Glad to see the price is up today, I hope it will continue to go back to its peak price. Still cannot realize any profit but at least I was able to minimize my loses, with it go back to 0.02 this month or not?

The chances are it will go over ATH at some point in the future. I am not sure when but the odds for that are surprisingly high.
Therefore, consider any price below parity with bitcoin as a discount. For instance, today the discount to the bitcoin is ~ 98.4 %.  Shocked
People buying XMR at current prices are literally paying pennies on the dollars and probably they are not aware of it even...  Roll Eyes
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:08:58 AM

People buying XMR at current prices are literally paying pennies on the dollars and probably they are not aware of it even... 

?

If you think Monero will reach 1:1 ratio with bitcoin someday, it means every around 1.5 cents invested into Monero today will be worth of 1 dollar (assuming bitcoin will have the same price in the future) because Monero represents only around 1.5 % of the price of bitcoin.

Some people have even a big chutzpah to claim 1 XMR will be worth more than 1 btc.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:19:08 AM

I think the fact that some darknet markets have begun accepting Monero means the price will eventually go up.
If it would become 1:1 with Bitcoin is really hard to say.
(But it would be awesome since I would make a bit of profit LOL)

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:31:44 AM

I think the fact that some darknet markets have begun accepting Monero means the price will eventually go up.

DNM are used to use bitcoin. Now Monero has taken its share from the markets. The share is zero sum game. Thus, that piece of news is definetely giving an advantage to Monero over bitcoin when it comes to the speed of growth. If Monero keeps on growing in faster rate long enough it will eventually happen
Now the big question is will Monero keep on growing at faster rate than bitcoin. Probably yes at least for some time because Monero is younger and the userbase is still relatively small (= XMR has a lot more potential to grow than the userbase of bitcoin has).

I am terrible in predicting with the price movements in the short run but I speculate Monero is higher 1 year from now than it is today.
Remember, the growth might be drastic. It really is all about liquidity, when the buyers see their bids are not getting filled, they need to raise their bids which will set another push to the price and marketcap.
N-rG

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:32:33 AM

People buying XMR at current prices are literally paying pennies on the dollars and probably they are not aware of it even... 

?

If you think Monero will reach 1:1 ratio with bitcoin someday, it means every around 1.5 cents invested into Monero today will be worth of 1 dollar (assuming bitcoin will have the same price in the future) because Monero represents only around 1.5 % of the price of bitcoin.

Some people have even a big chutzpah to claim 1 XMR will be worth more than 1 btc.

Got ya.

I also think Monero has a good future its the better coin.

I also consider that maybe a whatsapp group to give monero a bit financial support can bail out the shorters very easily with enough cash in backround. Its just a matter of collective bumping. There a lot of short positions open. Atm im neither long nor short...i think about rebuying for 15k
N-rG

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:40:14 AM

I am terrible in predicting with the price movements in the short run but I speculate Monero is higher 1 year from now than it is today.

I'm very confident about that. ETH will fail, Factom too. A lot of people will panic sell there soon when more media will unleash the real negative facts about these coins and why they will fail.

Read this: https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fbitcoinblog.de%2F2016%2F06%2F02%2Fethereum-ein-schlechtes-digitales-gold-aber-ein-gutes-programmierbares-geld%2F&edit-text=

XRM has no negative aspects.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:47:10 AM

I'm very confident about that. ETH will fail, Factom too. A lot of people will panic sell there soon when more media will unleash the real negative facts about these coins and why they will fail.

Read this: https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fbitcoinblog.de%2F2016%2F06%2F02%2Fethereum-ein-schlechtes-digitales-gold-aber-ein-gutes-programmierbares-geld%2F&edit-text=

XRM has no negative aspects.

ETH and Factom has very limited number of potential usage.
But Monero on the other hand being the most anonymous digital currency has a potential, well, infinity.
My advice for everybody who bought their initial investment at 0.02 or higher is just to keep on accumulating. It is very likely you are pretty well off if you are willing to stay for longer than a few weeks or a few months. Give monero more time, I think you will be happy in 2019-2020 that you had bought Moneros at ATH of 2016 because that was just the beginning - even if there will we more dumps down the line.
It is important to keep the focus on long term when the trolls are convincing to sell to their bids. Let's not feed the hungry trolls.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:53:20 AM

DAWN
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:44:26 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/18/central-bankers-group-bis-stark-warning-world-economy

and September is traditionally a month when financial crises/corrections manifest themselves.

An interesting couple of weeks ahead.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:23:06 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/18/central-bankers-group-bis-stark-warning-world-economy

and September is traditionally a month when financial crises/corrections manifest themselves.

An interesting couple of weeks ahead.

These next few months are critical and going to be volatile (probably).

The after effects will be drawn out over years possibly decades.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:29:42 PM

"YouTube video of Crypto Kingdom (CK) - A Not-so-short Brief Introduction to CK, a browser game connected to XMR"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_viKilm6beY

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/539adl/youtube_video_of_crypto_kingdom_ck_a_notsoshort/

"Buy Monero Through Sepa with Orillia"

http://orillia.be/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/536t88/buy_monero_through_sepa_with_orillia/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
sandwraithBTC

Activity: 151

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 05:25:01 PM

ETH and Factom has very limited number of potential usage.
But Monero on the other hand being the most anonymous digital currency has a potential, well, infinity.
My advice for everybody who bought their initial investment at 0.02 or higher is just to keep on accumulating. It is very likely you are pretty well off if you are willing to stay for longer than a few weeks or a few months. Give monero more time, I think you will be happy in 2019-2020 that you had bought Moneros at ATH of 2016 because that was just the beginning - even if there will we more dumps down the line.
It is important to keep the focus on long term when the trolls are convincing to sell to their bids. Let's not feed the hungry trolls.

i can only LAUGH at your statement

do you forget one important factor "GOVERNMENT CONTROL"?

do you think governments will let these dark coins grow BIG so people can avoid tax?

in your DREAM

honestly, i don't see a good future for these dark coins if governments step into

they will survive if they are still in low profile . Take note at it

i agree that these dark coins has cool tech but in governments' eyes , these coins will be blacklisted if they grow so big

there is a reason why bitcoin still survives up until now. Because every transactions are public, everyone can track them Smiley

Note: now XMR is used by dark markets (CRIMINAL markets), do you think governments will let them do that freely ? Smiley
MrGood

Activity: 125

Chief Technology Officer, NYC

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 05:36:21 PM

i can only LAUGH at your statement

do you forget one important factor "GOVERNMENT CONTROL"?

do you think governments will let these dark coins grow BIG so people can avoid tax?

in your DREAM

honestly, i don't see a good future for these dark coins if governments step into

they will survive if they are still in low profile . Take note at it

i agree that these dark coins has cool tech but in governments' eyes , these coins will be blacklisted if they grow so big

there is a reason why bitcoin still survives up until now. Because every transactions are public, everyone can track them Smiley

Note: now XMR is used by dark markets (CRIMINAL markets), do you think governments will let them do that freely ? Smiley

So for the record, not only would you offer no resistance to the total destruction of financial privacy, but you would actually find it funny?

Perhaps Monero isn't for you.
Pages: « 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: