Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312393 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:27:14 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 07:36:23 PM by kurious

4 hours later, BTC dumps and we rise....

Better   Grin

EDIT: Nope we are not climbing inversely to the dip, still somewhat 'pegged'. I give up.

我想要火箭和火车

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:38:55 PM

American Pegasus is the Andreas Antonopoulos of Monero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpQSoQy0xUw
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:44:07 PM

... I give up.

Aw c'mon bro... no sweat, you know better than this, i.e. short term especially: daily swings are all over the map!

Especially lately after all the craziness that's been going on with BTC and so much XMR news on top of it all?  Honestly I'm surprised it's not swung back MORE after the way things were there for awhile, LOL.  Long overdue for short term sanity check but we're still pretty nicely 'up' aren't we?

Soon enough we'll be in the $50+ era, and looking back at this time saying wow remember when we all freaked out on one-dollar moves in the ten buck range?

It's Sunday, go pour your favorite kind of drink and relax a while Smiley

HoneyPony will still be here doin' his (her?) thing... Cheesy

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:23:29 PM

... I give up.

Aw c'mon bro... no sweat, you know better than this, i.e. short term especially: daily swings are all over the map!

Especially lately after all the craziness that's been going on with BTC and so much XMR news on top of it all?  Honestly I'm surprised it's not swung back MORE after the way things were there for awhile, LOL.  Long overdue for short term sanity check but we're still pretty nicely 'up' aren't we?

Soon enough we'll be in the $50+ era, and looking back at this time saying wow remember when we all freaked out on one-dollar moves in the ten buck range?

Yep, having that beer now. I am not pissed off at XMR price, it's way less stressful than watching the BTC price!

I was just hoping to see we might have 'decoupled' from Bitcoin and go up when it goes down (and vice versa) as it used to.

But my little theory we might now do this is unprovable (Grrr...) so we're kind of more dependent on BTC.

For now... Wink

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:56:17 PM

... I give up.

Yep, having that beer now. I am not pissed off at XMR price, it's way less stressful than watching the BTC price!

I was just hoping to see we might have 'decoupled' from Bitcoin and go up when it goes down (and vice versa) as it used to.

But my little theory we might now do this is unprovable (Grrr...) so we're kind of more dependent on BTC.

For now... Wink

I think it's more that we need to use btc as a median so its volatility hits us still. The kraken USD pair sucks and it's EFT as well.

We need instant CC and debit ways to purchase as well as paypal to get unlinked completely and that means we need a very large financial institution that can handle the load and get the insurance for that volume.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:31:23 PM

Good news!

Rumor is Chinese are waiting for RingCT to launder hacked/DNM bitcoins...
8btc forums, qq groups, private chat I've had with Chinese bot operators, everyone is expecting a huge influx of volume...

Chinese are also saying Bitfinex is about to launder 'hacked' btc very soon...

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:21:17 AM

Why is Monero following the rise and fall of bitcoin? I thought it was following its own path in this latest rise. Maybe the whales were only using the optimism in bitcoin and had the intention to dump the moment bitcoin started to crash?

Monero is still higher than it was a few weeks ago. As for following Bitcoin, Monero's recent rise during Bitcoin's recent rise showed that XMR's value is not necessarily tied to BTC, although it is to some degree. At least it's not as directly tied to BTC's value as many other coins.

I am very confused with what you posted. What really is it? Is it following bitcoin or not because what you posted does not answer the question. If you do not have a straight answer please refrain from posting.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jimmy_007vn

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:10:58 AM

Good news!

8btc forums, qq groups, private chat I've had with Chinese bot operators, everyone is expecting a huge influx of volume...

What is hacked BTC??? can you explain more about it?
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:43:45 AM

Why is Monero following the rise and fall of bitcoin? I thought it was following its own path in this latest rise. Maybe the whales were only using the optimism in bitcoin and had the intention to dump the moment bitcoin started to crash?

Monero is still higher than it was a few weeks ago. As for following Bitcoin, Monero's recent rise during Bitcoin's recent rise showed that XMR's value is not necessarily tied to BTC, although it is to some degree. At least it's not as directly tied to BTC's value as many other coins.

I am very confused with what you posted. What really is it? Is it following bitcoin or not because what you posted does not answer the question. If you do not have a straight answer please refrain from posting.

We used to go up (in BTC terms) when BTC went down and vice versa.

In December we kept up our price in BTC and even increased it (in spite of BTC's rise) which was historically, a change.  The GUI (and new exchanges) were a huge factor in this, akin to the DNM news spike in late August - XMR hit a dollar value ATH. 

If I seem vague, it is because the degree of this 'coupling' is now unclear and it's hard to see what will happen from now on.  We seem to not rise and fall as other alts do and the hedge value we had (inverse moves to BTC rises and falls) is not so obviously there any more. We have dipped in USD terms massively since the peak just after Christmas.

The 'apparent' coupling during the Christmas rise (since we maintained our price in BTC terms relatively well over this period) seems to mean XMR has now lost price against BTC with its drop.  This is different and means a magnification of our value fall in USD terms - that is all I am saying.

TLDR:  I am trying to spot the new paradigm correlation between BTC and XMR price.  This is, after all a speculation thread.

And if that is not clear, you are free to ignore me - but I will not stop posting, sorry. I am interested in trends in the XMR price and discussion of this matters to me.

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:04:54 AM

...snip

We need instant CC and debit ways to purchase as well as paypal to get unlinked completely and that means we need a very large financial institution that can handle the load and get the insurance for that volume.

We do - and I am gagging for this to happen. I have been looking at prepaid CCs which you can load up directly with XMR - and to a certain extent they do exist (Uquid etc.)  However, anymore than around $2500 (or GBP) in the lifetime use of the card and you need KYC / AML verification, as well as a conversation with your accountant that will mean a proper and difficult audit of your profit and loss after many years in crypto.

I don't really want to convert XMR to BTC and then exit exchanges in USD which needs to be then converted to GBP (for me) to finally end up in my bank account for all who wish to ask me about the BTC I have cashed in. 

I would love to be able to buy directly in XMR, which would be great for developing an XMR real-world economy, but this seems an age away.

Monero is the ultimate private money, but right now it is hard to keep it that way when you actually want to spend it.

我想要火箭和火车
SolarStorm

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:20:00 AM

Good news!

What is hacked BTC??? can you explain more about it?

This guy is our house troll, don't take him seriously. We keep him here and sometimes we feed him when he re-appears from under the couch. He is the only troll we have, unlike some other coins, which should tell you something.
And when he throws with excrement his remarks can be quite entertaining. Usually when he is in this thread it means bullish for XMR.
Luxo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:38:22 AM

What do you guys think will happen after RingCT goes live? It should go live today or tomorrow.

I wonder if there will be articles talking about it. If so price should go up I believe Smiley
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:10:53 AM

There will be lots of validations over the next couple of days on mainnet once it is live. Once everything looks solid, expect price to go north and settle at a new value regardless of BTC action as RingCT is something major.

Also expect a couple of noobs who would sell(inventors of "sell the news"  Roll Eyes), then come back to the thread and look for validation and confirmation/seeking feedback of their actions indirectly through their posts(they are equally unsure like everybody else). Life wouldn't be complete without charts either so sellers would also help you long after they have sold in order to catch the lower prices of their re-entry if you decide to follow their prognostication.  Wink
bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:12:35 AM

What do you guys think will happen after RingCT goes live? It should go live today or tomorrow.

I wonder if there will be articles talking about it. If so price should go up I believe Smiley

Idk, but everybody has less or more money to launder so yea - expecting huge bump in the next weeks or months
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:01:07 PM

Just curious about all these rumors of a huge incoming Chinese pile-in due to RingCT?

What would be the reason they couldn't have moved their money thru Monero up to now, without RingCT?

I mean... isn't Monero already anonymous enough to have done what they need before this latest even-more-anon improvement?

Or what is it, exactly, about RingCT that specifically makes possible whatever it is that the Chinese need to do now, that was not possible before?

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:13:53 PM

Just curious about all these rumors of a huge incoming Chinese pile-in due to RingCT?

What would be the reason they couldn't have moved their money thru Monero up to now, without RingCT?

I mean... isn't Monero already anonymous enough to have done what they need before this latest even-more-anon improvement?

Or what is it, exactly, about RingCT that specifically makes possible whatever it is that the Chinese need to do now, that was not possible before?

Ring CT and China should not have any correlation.  
I think "China adoption" will be abused anytime before until it will actually happen. No one can do anything about it.
All we can do is to educate our self's  how much Chinese know Monero. And then we will be able easier to predict if rumours are true or false.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:55:28 PM

...snip

We do - and I am gagging for this to happen. I have been looking at prepaid CCs which you can load up directly with XMR - and to a certain extent they do exist (Uquid etc.)  However, anymore than around $2500 (or GBP) in the lifetime use of the card and you need KYC / AML verification, as well as a conversation with your accountant that will mean a proper and difficult audit of your profit and loss after many years in crypto.

I don't really want to convert XMR to BTC and then exit exchanges in USD which needs to be then converted to GBP (for me) to finally end up in my bank account for all who wish to ask me about the BTC I have cashed in. 

I would love to be able to buy directly in XMR, which would be great for developing an XMR real-world economy, but this seems an age away.

Monero is the ultimate private money, but right now it is hard to keep it that way when you actually want to spend it.

Thanks for that info! So If I get a Uquid card and add funds from paypal or one of the other means then it stores XMR or the USD equivalent? IOW If I just want to buy when I feel the market is low can I use this to store XMR and then send it to an exchange immediately?

And your right converting to fiat is not only cumbersome but deanonimizing.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:00:53 PM

At this point I'd say it's better to spend it transparently than to not spend it at all (assuming the transaction isn't that sensitive). The more the currency is used the more opportunities there will be to spend it, privately or not. Embrace XMR as good money in general, not just good "private money."
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:44:51 PM

At this point I'd say it's better to spend it transparently than to not spend it at all (assuming the transaction isn't that sensitive). The more the currency is used the more opportunities there will be to spend it, privately or not. Embrace XMR as good money in general, not just good "private money."

I have thought on this the last few years and have a pretty good idea but am not willing to broach it as of yet. I've made some strides but will not be able to launch anything in the foreseeable future. My skills have deteriorated to a horrible extent. Smiley

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:59:53 PM

...snip

Thanks for that info! So If I get a Uquid card and add funds from paypal or one of the other means then it stores XMR or the USD equivalent? IOW If I just want to buy when I feel the market is low can I use this to store XMR and then send it to an exchange immediately?

And your right converting to fiat is not only cumbersome but deanonimizing.

From what they say, you can actually load XMR directly onto this card and it gets converted into currency - choose GBP / EUR / USD.

However, read up - loading up is a window that closes over time, you pay for the physical card (or less for a 'virtual card') and its lifetime use is limited to 2500 USD or GBP and no more.  Fees apply and you need to check them out thoroughly - but it looks like an unverified way to put crypto onto a visa card and simply spend it.  It's not anonymous, but it's not so deanominising, either.  My accountant won't say 'where did this money come from?' so often.

There are other companies and cards - Bitpay do one in the US only etc.  which is no good to me, I am not in the USA.  Uquid claim to take a whole range of crypto directly and convert it to cash on the card - pre-paid.

But note that I have not tried any of these cards YET.   I want to soon, but I am doing more research before I go for it.  All of these card suppliers (I found five or six on a good google search) seem to have Visa network access (very practical), but are not massive companies, often start ups.   Some of them hold crypto in a wallet off-card and some of them put fiat onto the card instantly at rates I cannot see (although they say 'no transaction fees' for load up with crypto).

If anyone else can report back on usage - particularly with XMR as the crypto, I would love to know.  If I take the plunge before I hear, I will pass on what I learn.

The main thing I seek is to spend XMR as frictionlessly as possible on a purchase without going through endless time-consuming transactions leading ultimately to my bank... to THEN spend it. 

At the moment I buy BTC with XMR, sell it - go via a registered exchange to my bank losing on exchanging costs and fees at each step. Also, while I am not necessarily seeking to hide it, it's ironic how 'visible' all these steps are in spite of me starting with 'private money' which I want to simply spend. 

It's early days, but taking my g/f out for dinner or a weekend away with a little fancy shopping and paying all in Monero via a Visa card would feel damn good... and probably get her to take my screen time a bit more seriously.

我想要火箭和火车
Pages: « 1 ... 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: