Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312338 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:48:04 PM

What’s your secret?

Fifth-dimensional bookcase.

I knew it!  All this time, I knew there was something strange going on!
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anks

Activity: 572
Merit: 259

LSK, QTUM

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:14:37 PM

monero the no 1 altcoin not ether

LISK
          ▄██▄
        ▄██████▄
      ▄██████████▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████
       ██████████
       ▀████████▀
      ████████████
     ██████████████
      ████████████
        ▀██████▀
                 ▄▄   ▄▄
                ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
               ▄▀     ▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄█▄
       ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
   ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
  █  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
   ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
    █                  █
     █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
      ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
        ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▄▀▄              ▄▀▀   ▀▀▄
    ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄         █     ▄   ▀▀█▀
      ▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄     █         █▀
      ▀▄ ▀     ▀▀▄▄▀         █
       ▄▀▀▄                  █
        ▀▄▄                 █
  ▀█▄▄     ▀▄              █
    ▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▄    █
      ▀▄▄          ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
         ▀▀▄▄     ▄▄▄▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀      ▀▀▄▄
  █              █ ▄
 █                █ ▀▄
 █                █  ▀▄
  █              █    █
▄▀ ▄▄          ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▄▀▄            ▄▀▄
   █   █          █   █
  █     █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █     █
 ▄▀      ▀      ▀      ▀▄
 █                      █
█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       █
█    ▄▀▀          ▀▀▄    █
█   ▄▀   ▄      ▄   ▀▄   █
 █  █   ███    ███   █  █
  █  █   ▀      ▀   █  █
   ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
CHAT
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:51:26 PM

Makes sense to me.  The most effective way for time travelers to interact with us is through the internet. 

That way only electrical signals need to be sent, and not matter. 

Sound like lunacy?  Such a device would only be able to send back signals for as long as it has been on.  This was one of the genius breakthroughs of Tesla's work - discovering the link between electricity and time. 

At some point between 1997 and 2006 the device was switched on.  And immediately signals began eminating from it.  Eventually, in the late 2000s we gave the 'thing' direct internet access and it began to directly interact on forums and other websites. 

We call it a thing because we don't know how many voices are on the other side or even if they are human.  They don't usually respond to our questions directly. 

But we can only assume they have been making some subtle changes to the timeline for years now. 

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:16:43 PM

Makes sense to me.  The most effective way for time travelers to interact with us is through the internet. 

Sound like lunacy?  Such a device would only be able to send back signals for as long as it has been on.  This was one of the genius breakthroughs of Tesla's work - discovering the link between electricity and time. 

At some point between 1997 and 2006 the device was switched on.  And immediately signals began eminating from it.  Eventually, in the late 2000s we gave the 'thing' direct internet access and it began to directly interact on forums and other websites. 

We call it a thing because we don't know how many voices are on the other side or even if they are human.  They don't usually respond to our questions directly. 

But we can only assume they have been making some subtle changes to the timeline for years now. 

Good to see you back in AP - care to speculate on price of our beautiful coin?

Sliding a touch right now...

我想要火箭和火车
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:07:56 AM

WTG rangedriver, it's gonna be fun to see how everyone did when smoothie posts the final results. Also it looks like my buys are in your predicted dips! Luckily the movments are not as volatile as your freehand. Smiley

What results?  Smiley

Oh smoothie don't be so coy... And when can we expect those results you owe us?

Tongue
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:13:50 AM

We call it a thing because we don't know how many voices are on the other side or even if they are human.

Even though I am from human parents, I can confirm many profiles here are not human. Deal with that Wink

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:24:23 AM

Say what?

WTG rangedriver, it's gonna be fun to see how everyone did when smoothie posts the final results. Also it looks like my buys are in your predicted dips! Luckily the movments are not as volatile as your freehand. Smiley

What results?  Smiley

Hah

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:50:50 AM

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:12:44 AM

JPG

Thats friggin hilarious!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
anks

Activity: 572
Merit: 259

LSK, QTUM

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:59:10 AM

the "wow" point will come when everybody knows about his prediction and people will set all their capital in monero  Grin

LISK
          ▄██▄
        ▄██████▄
      ▄██████████▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████
       ██████████
       ▀████████▀
      ████████████
     ██████████████
      ████████████
        ▀██████▀
                 ▄▄   ▄▄
                ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
               ▄▀     ▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄█▄
       ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
   ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
  █  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
   ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
    █                  █
     █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
      ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
        ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▄▀▄              ▄▀▀   ▀▀▄
    ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄         █     ▄   ▀▀█▀
      ▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄     █         █▀
      ▀▄ ▀     ▀▀▄▄▀         █
       ▄▀▀▄                  █
        ▀▄▄                 █
  ▀█▄▄     ▀▄              █
    ▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▄    █
      ▀▄▄          ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
         ▀▀▄▄     ▄▄▄▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀      ▀▀▄▄
  █              █ ▄
 █                █ ▀▄
 █                █  ▀▄
  █              █    █
▄▀ ▄▄          ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▄▀▄            ▄▀▄
   █   █          █   █
  █     █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █     █
 ▄▀      ▀      ▀      ▀▄
 █                      █
█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       █
█    ▄▀▀          ▀▀▄    █
█   ▄▀   ▄      ▄   ▀▄   █
 █  █   ███    ███   █  █
  █  █   ▀      ▀   █  █
   ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
CHAT
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 01:41:53 PM

What Really Happened With Jaxx's Failed Monero Integration Attempt: Di Iorio

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:53:08 PM

I don't read the crap that Joel Valenzuela aka the desertlynx (a known dash-fanboy) writes anymore... That guy has zero integrity and lost all credibility long ago.

best regards,
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:39:12 PM

I don't read the crap that Joel Valenzuela aka the desertlynx (a known dash-fanboy) writes anymore... That guy has zero integrity and lost all credibility long ago.

best regards,

then someone from xmr should write a rebuttal news about what happen...  right ?  Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:37:22 PM

Here's my Answer to your cross-post link.

Got as far as this lie and stopped reading.

There was just a ton of responses to have a Monero wallet just because there hasn’t been one. There hasn’t been a graphical user interface wallet, except for MyMonero.

There's been like FIVE !

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:14:46 PM

then someone from xmr should write a rebuttal news about what happen...  right ?  Huh

You are joking. You want coders to write articles?  there are journalists for that. PRO or hobby ones.

To return to this guy. If we totally  forget that his famous article where he totally made fool of himself trusting rumours and fake screenshoots,  is good case my quote here few days ago. let me find it.

He posted this in his last article when he was talking about Jaxx and Monero. lol.  You need to know what you write about. And also people you write about. His source was this joke here:

He is just bad at what he is doing. About Jaxx is perfect they finally come out with a reason. At least they did not looked totally incompetent. It is all CT-Ring fault.

CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:43:30 PM

Edited..

... About Jaxx is perfect they finally come out with a reason. At least they did not looked totally incompetent. It is all CT-Ring fault.

Actually, to me they seem even more incompetent for this very reason.  He repeatedly said they built for months on the old codebase, and didn't even look to see what was coming out.  And everything worked until the Monero team deployed the new code... Who does that? They and everybody who knew anything about Monero knew there were going to be significant changes at the protocol level so, why in the world wouldn't you make sure you were always coding against the latest version?

That's just extremely poor project management on their part.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:34:14 PM

Edited..

... About Jaxx is perfect they finally come out with a reason. At least they did not looked totally incompetent. It is all CT-Ring fault.

Actually, to me they seem even more incompetent for this very reason.  He repeatedly said they built for months on the old codebase, and didn't even look to see what was coming out.  And everything worked until the Monero team deployed the new code... Who does that? They and everybody who knew anything about Monero knew there were going to be significant changes at the protocol level so, why in the world wouldn't you make sure you were always coding against the latest version?

When you are used to copy-pasta-ing code, you don't have much foresight. It seems they wanted a free lunch.

The market doesn't work that way (at least for the most part).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

phoenix rises

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:56:15 PM

Edited..

When you are used to copy-pasta-ing code, you don't have much foresight. It seems they wanted a free lunch.

With respect, they were not the only ones to get blindsided by the magnitude of the effect the RingCT changes would have to a non-custodial wallet service.

Seems to me there are a lot of XMR holders here that are pissed that THEY did not get a free lunch.

I will glad when all of this is in the rearview mirror and we have a nice, fully funtional web and phone wallet, and less ad hominems.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 09:08:51 PM

Edited..

With respect, they were not the only ones to get blindsided by the magnitude of the effect the RingCT changes would have to a non-custodial wallet service.

Seems to me there are a lot of XMR holders here that are pissed that THEY did not get a free lunch.

I will glad when all of this is in the rearview mirror and we have a nice, fully funtional web and phone wallet, and less ad hominems.

That is correct, it took MyMonero down, BTW is it up yet?

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 09:13:22 PM

Edited..

As far as I am aware they were the only ones hyping their app prior to its release. That is what deciphers them from "the rest".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 ... 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: