Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:42:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312367 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 10:25:07 AM

Internet PSA: Cloudbleed: CloudFlare leaked passwords, 2FA secrets, full HTML in plaintext. ALL CloudFlare sites potentially affected, CHANGE PASSWORDS ON BFX, BITSTAMP, COINBASE

https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare/blob/master/README.md

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:38:53 PM

What is happening now, Darkcoin is the number 4 at Coinmarketcap, Monero being the number 6....
Do you guys think Monero will recover from this or is this just pure manipulation game of the Whale?  Huh
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:52:16 PM

What is happening now, Darkcoin is the number 4 at Coinmarketcap, Monero being the number 6....
Do you guys think Monero will recover from this or is this just pure manipulation game of the Whale?  Huh

It is indeed.  Yes it will.  No it's not purely that.

我想要火箭和火车
ultegra

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:55:36 PM

well i just cannot resist these prices, time to scoop up some xmr.

think we will see a dash dump soon and profits ploughed back into xmr.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:19:56 PM

The Dash rise looks unsustainable - pushing $30 a coin now and up to no 4 with over $200m market cap, all within a few days (over 20% in the past day or so).   It could well crash hard, it seems like it has stolen some of our thunder along the way, so hopefully the reverse will be true as it falls again. Usually what goes up like that must come down.

我想要火箭和火车
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 04:24:03 PM

No rush to buy. Confirmed downtrend, last fib level at .0106 taken out there is a good chance that price will revisit .006.

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:29:48 PM

Considering I'm doing quite well with my 'investment' I fail to see how I was scammed. Must be some weird logic that makes sense to Monero fanboys I suppose.

Good luck with your 'investment' too

There are a ton of people that made money on OneCoin too...

Ahh yes, the good old Argumentum ad PayCoin.   Cheesy

"Weird logic" = "Dash hasn't yet collapsed due to it being a scam, therefore it cannot and will never collapse due to being a scam."

For some reason, my post using Bernie Madoff an example of the flaw in that reasoning was reported and deleted.

Not sure why the mods want to help Dash scam people, but I'll be sure to give them hell for it when Dash collapses and people get hurt.

A quick 101 on memetics.

A meme dies faster if it's not constantly being reinvigorated and unnecessarily referenced...  particularly by those who want it to die in the first place.

Case study: Some years ago McDonalds launch a press offensive to rid itself of the stigma concerning the so-called "McJob" - to make the case that working at McDonalds is a proper career move and not just some debased stop-gap on the road to something more substantial.

Result: The term "McJob" goes pandemic within the meme-o-sphere, becoming more virulent and stronger than ever before. Before long, even low-grade jobs that have nothing to do with McDonalds are now referred to as McJobs. In response, McDonalds increase the press offensive further, which only makes the situation worse and fans the flames. The McJob meme begins to learn at a geometric rate and becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In the panic McDonalds tries to pull the plug, but the McJob meme fights back by offering free burgers to all its employees. Credibility is effectively nuked.

Two months ago, Dash was on death's door. It would have stayed that way had peeps not pointed to it's rotting corpse and invited TV cameras over to check out the smell.
poptop
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:42:38 PM

What's going on with monero?

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:46:21 PM

look at my avatar

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:49:51 PM

Do you think it can go all the way to 0.0005?
rangedriver

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:03:15 PM

You've been saying that for 3 years.
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:05:59 PM

RSI on 1D-chart below 25, big bounce soon ...
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 09:02:31 PM

Considering I'm doing quite well with my 'investment' I fail to see how I was scammed. Must be some weird logic that makes sense to Monero fanboys I suppose.

Good luck with your 'investment' too

There are a ton of people that made money on OneCoin too...

Ahh yes, the good old Argumentum ad PayCoin.   Cheesy

"Weird logic" = "Dash hasn't yet collapsed due to it being a scam, therefore it cannot and will never collapse due to being a scam."

For some reason, my post using Bernie Madoff an example of the flaw in that reasoning was reported and deleted.

Not sure why the mods want to help Dash scam people, but I'll be sure to give them hell for it when Dash collapses and people get hurt.

A quick 101 on memetics.

A meme dies faster if it's not constantly being reinvigorated and unnecessarily referenced...  particularly by those who want it to die in the first place.

Case study: Some years ago McDonalds launch a press offensive to rid itself of the stigma concerning the so-called "McJob" - to make the case that working at McDonalds is a proper career move and not just some debased stop-gap on the road to something more substantial.

Result: The term "McJob" goes pandemic within the meme-o-sphere, becoming more virulent and stronger than ever before. Before long, even low-grade jobs that have nothing to do with McDonalds are now referred to as McJobs. In response, McDonalds increase the press offensive further, which only makes the situation worse and fans the flames. The McJob meme begins to learn at a geometric rate and becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In the panic McDonalds tries to pull the plug, but the McJob meme fights back by offering free burgers to all its employees. Credibility is effectively nuked.

Two months ago, Dash was on death's door. It would have stayed that way had peeps not pointed to it's rotting corpse and invited TV cameras over to check out the smell.

Yes thats why  Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 09:14:42 PM

A quick 101 on memetics.

Two months ago, Dash was on death's door. It would have stayed that way had peeps not pointed to it's rotting corpse and invited TV cameras over to check out the smell.   Cry Cry Cry

You could have just typed "Streisand Effect" instead of that long boring story about McJobs.

I read Dawkins decades ago and don't need your Memetics 101 lesson.

If we stop calling fraud when we see Dash's ongoing fraud that would made us frauds.

If *you* want to be a fraud, fine.  Have fun.

But stop telling the rest of us what to do and don't do, m'kay?

The whiny, suspiciously-timed 'Leave Dash Alone!' crap is getting old.  It's obviously just pouting about (distorted) market caps.

We're going to continue our efforts to expose and destroy Evan's HYIP scam whether you like it or not.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
rangedriver

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:11:27 PM

A quick 101 on memetics.

Two months ago, Dash was on death's door. It would have stayed that way had peeps not pointed to it's rotting corpse and invited TV cameras over to check out the smell.   Cry Cry Cry

You could have just typed "Streisand Effect" instead of that long boring story about McJobs.

If we stop calling fraud when we see Dash's ongoing fraud that would made us frauds.

The whiny, suspiciously-timed 'Leave Dash Alone!' crap is getting old.  It's obviously just pouting about (distorted) market caps.

We're going to continue our efforts to expose and destroy Evan's HYIP scam whether you like it or not.   Wink

Boring story? I even put in Terminator references to make it more exciting you ungrateful bastard.

Let me just kill this "suspiciously timed" crap right now: I'm currently shorting Dash. If I have any personal vested interest at all it's within that context. And it's certainly not whiny, you defensive dick.

With that being said, this whole "if you don't call out a fraud makes you fraud" crap isn't even logical. I know what Dash is about. Cursory glance of my entire post history should be evident.

Upward from that my only interest is Monero surviving solely for the politics. Chess is chess. There are good moves and bad moves. I'm only interested in the outcome.

As for you, you're free to make any move you want. But I'm sure as fucking certain that the morality of fickle Monero protagonists such as TrueCryptonaire is no better or worse than the morality of the Dash cult. You might want to remember that.

Do as you will.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:27:05 PM

That is probably wet dream of everyone around here. But dont you think it is a bit not just silly but actually totally stupid question. If price did not go that low 2-1 year ago when was total BTC depression and also no Hydrogen Helix.  How do you with your knowledge what you learn in past months and years here can set such question?

There is still same chance that it goes even under that if there is some mathematical flaw. That chance is slim but always existed and always will. But count on that is way better to play lottery or wait to get strike by lightening 3 times in your life. That is so slim chance since you need to survive at least 2 times.
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:54:53 PM

That is probably wet dream of everyone around here.

It is absolutely not a wet dream of mine. Unless you are talking about a bed soaked in tears!   Cry
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 11:35:28 PM

A quick 101 on memetics.

Boring story? I even put in Terminator references to make it more exciting you ungrateful bastard.

Let me just kill this "suspiciously timed" crap right now: I'm currently shorting Dash. If I have any personal vested interest at all it's within that context. And it's certainly not whiny, you defensive dick.

With that being said, this whole "if you don't call out a fraud makes you fraud" crap isn't even logical. I know what Dash is about. Cursory glance of my entire post history should be evident.

Upward from that my only interest is Monero surviving solely for the politics. Chess is chess. There are good moves and bad moves. I'm only interested in the outcome.

As for you, you're free to make any move you want. But I'm sure as fucking certain that the morality of fickle Monero protagonists such as TrueCryptonaire is no better or worse than the morality of the Dash cult. You might want to remember that.

Do as you will.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 11:42:28 PM

Monero in US$

If I was interested in monero I'd look for support around 5$

edit: Btw although the chart says Dash you can ignore that. For purposes of this analysis I've hidden the Dash symbol on the chart
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:05:24 AM

No point in getting emotional about it. Buy Dash when the TA tells you to buy Dash. Then, dump it when that time comes and you can laugh harder as you read the subsequent "Why is Dash crashing?Huh" threads. It's actually better to participate, as that way the price rise higher, encouraging more fools to buy in. Take their money and put it where it belongs, XMR and BTC.  As an added benefit, we'll have more Dash bagholders to laugh at.
Pages: « 1 ... 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: