Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312414 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:04:25 PM

In Monero for a while. The weird part is that I currently consider Monero more undervalued at <12$ than at 0.50$. Monero just works great right now.

I dont see current price of $12 now less worth as it was year and a half ago at $0.5.  

I think $12 is a solid price. It is hard to say if it is cheap or expensive, but for sure is not almost free as was the $0.5. Price will for sure go up and also down in near future. Long term it will go up. Slowly and steadily same as number of transactions and same as Bitcoin.

@TrueCryptonaire

What you said are not a Monero weakness. What you said is reason why price is not way higher.  But same goes for all normal Crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:05:55 PM

In Monero for a while. The weird part is that I currently consider Monero more undervalued at <12$ than at 0.50$. Monero just works great right now.

I dont see current price of $12 now less worth as it was year and a half ago at $0.5.  

I think $12 is a solid price. It is hard to say if it is cheap or expensive, but for sure is not almost free as was the $0.5. Price will for sure go up and also down in near future. Long term it will go up. Slowly and steadily same as number of transactions and same as Bitcoin.

But no masternodes locking the coins from the weak hands....  Cry
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:08:14 PM

Monero need to increase transactions and that is the only normal way to lock coins from exchanges.  Last year number increased 6 times, lets hope this year will be same.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

I think the two major weaknesses Monero have are 1) No masternodes (only dumpages on the exchanges) 2) No ongoing marketing hype. The result is that the price declines against bitcoin.

Masternodes are a liability.  They are an attack vector for deanonymizing transactions.  We should thank Saberhagen we don't have that.  But I assume you like them because they reduce the liquidity of the float thereby causing swings in price to be more amplified.

And the ongoing marketing "hype" is just bullshit.

You seem to only be interested in Monero as a get rich quick "pump and dump" vehicle.  That's fine.  My priorities are different though.  I do NOT want marketing "hype".  When you make the price rise unnaturally you will pay for it eventually.  In fact it could be argued we are paying for the dark market hype now.

I would propose Dash better meets your desires for a cryptocurrency.
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:31:43 PM

I think the two major weaknesses Monero have are 1) No masternodes (only dumpages on the exchanges) 2) No ongoing marketing hype. The result is that the price declines against bitcoin.

Sometimes you can be such a Troll...  so, it's obvious you are long Darsh and shorting Monero... I know you can't actually believe that some sort of Masternode scheme would be a good thing for Monero, so you have to be talking your book.  I know this is your standard way of operating but, please be advised that people see through you!
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:46:09 PM

Sometimes you can be such a Troll...  so, it's obvious you are long Darsh and shorting Monero... I know you can't actually believe that some sort of Masternode scheme would be a good thing for Monero, so you have to be talking your book.  I know this is your standard way of operating but, please be advised that people see through you!

More people are abandonding threads like this because of people like him, this Spec thread used to be my HUB for anything speculation related... that shifted long time ago to IRC because of people like him... with nonsense talking their book.
ultegra

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:42:50 PM

TC has always been the flip flop king, i remember his constant trolling from 2/3 years ago in the polo trollbox.

The reason that DASH is pumping has got zero to do with masternodes, and can we please stop going on about the marketing bullshit. Its pumping because traders are pumping it simple, profits will be taken and ploughed into XMR, the dash pump is a dress rehearsal from the trading consortiums for xmr.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:35:29 PM

Masternodes are a liability.  They are an attack vector for deanonymizing transactions.  We should thank Saberhagen we don't have that.  But I assume you like them because they reduce the liquidity of the float thereby causing swings in price to be more amplified.

You seem to only be interested in Monero as a get rich quick "pump and dump" vehicle.  That's fine.  My priorities are different though.  I do NOT want marketing "hype".  When you make the price rise unnaturally you will pay for it eventually.  In fact it could be argued we are paying for the dark market hype now.

To be honest I should have invested into Dark coin when it was cheap (a couple months ago).... I think it is too late now - I am not saying it cannot go higher but definetely it is not that much of a bargain than it was.
Yes in terms of market capitalization the idea of masternodes is perfect for a crypto in the world we are living (where cryptos are merely speculation tools). Basically anything that locks coins is preventing the major dumps taking place and helps the price to increase as it is easier to pump a coin that has lowish available supply.
I think people investing in Darkcoin understand basic economics.  Wink
I am currently investigating coins to diversify, and I am interested in projects that have opportunity to rise in price. You know, I am not an idealist but a speculator.
And nope, I have no margin positions to any directions.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:08:46 PM

Regardless of any viewpoints on DASH, historically just about every major XMR rally is preceded by a DASH rally, usually by a few weeks. This is my observation, perhaps its merely coincidence but you decide. I'll be interested to see what happens this time.

^ posted this the last time Dash was peaking, reposting for future observation

sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:34:01 PM

Regardless of any viewpoints on DASH, historically just about every major XMR rally is preceded by a DASH rally, usually by a few weeks. This is my observation, perhaps its merely coincidence but you decide. I'll be interested to see what happens this time.

If that compounds with the tendency of Monero to rally in the early spring, the next few months will be interesting indeed.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:53:43 PM

If that compounds with the tendency of Monero to rally in the early spring, the next few months will be interesting indeed.

If?  Nope.  When...  Wink

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:41:23 AM

The February breakout was looking like not happening, but.... maybe you called that just right, Sir - a little spike as I type...

Here's hoping this one breaks 0.0107 and sets us back on our path...

我想要火箭和火车
ResistantLaw

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 03:07:54 AM

Seems to be stable for a while here. I don't think it would dip down again at this point, right? Speculation is only up, and the transaction volumes are increasing.

Dash sure is on the rise, definitely makes me think Monero is gonna have it's chance soon.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:37:21 AM

And to that point Bitcoin also has NO masternodes and no ongoing marketing hype like DASH.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:46:55 AM

To be honest I should have invested into Dark coin when it was cheap (a couple months ago).... I think it is too late now - I am not saying it cannot go higher but definetely it is not that much of a bargain than it was.
Yes in terms of market capitalization the idea of masternodes is perfect for a crypto in the world we are living (where cryptos are merely speculation tools). Basically anything that locks coins is preventing the major dumps taking place and helps the price to increase as it is easier to pump a coin that has lowish available supply.
I think people investing in Darkcoin understand basic economics.  Wink
I am currently investigating coins to diversify, and I am interested in projects that have opportunity to rise in price. You know, I am not an idealist but a speculator.
And nope, I have no margin positions to any directions.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda,...WCS

Now go start a market hype campaign with your own funds.

Thanks  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:44:44 AM

The February breakout was looking like not happening, but.... maybe you called that just right, Sir - a little spike as I type...

Here's hoping this one breaks 0.0107 and sets us back on our path...

Killed it. (.0107 that is)  Of course everything happens when I'm working away from internet access.

First leg up complete.

Now money in BTC needs to look where to go if the ETF is not approved, there will be a flight, probably before the 11th, if the smart money thinks it's a 'no'.

Monero is oversold and under historic volume levels, I don't think nervous money worried about a BTC ETF dip will be looking at Dash, it's way overbought.  I think some of the money must have its finger hovering over the trigger while it is pointed at XMR.

But then I really shouldn't speculate, should I Wink

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:53:14 AM

Volume up, buy side strengthening, 0.0107 breached convincingly, MA crossover up to the 4hr.

Daily crossover is a little way off yet, but I have a feeling we will see the second green candle in a row for the first time in a couple of weeks.  My hunch (based upon a smidgen of TA and tea leaves) is we are seeing a turn in direction: Up.

Who sold at the bottom? Wink

我想要火箭和火车
CryptoPH

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

<3 Crypto

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:20:28 AM

Volume up, buy side strengthening, 0.0107 breached convincingly, MA crossover up to the 4hr.

Daily crossover is a little way off yet, but I have a feeling we will see the second green candle in a row for the first time in a couple of weeks.  My hunch (based upon a smidgen of TA and tea leaves) is we are seeing a turn in direction: Up.

Though XMR/BTC went lower, it did maintain it's fiat value around $12-$13.
I'm about to feel jealous at the premine coin, sorry I mean Dash, for hitting the 3rd place (in market cap.)  Cool

Anyway, Monero is back on track. Cool

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:36:49 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 10:02:43 AM by kurious

Daily crossover is a little way off yet, but I have a feeling we will see the second green candle in a row for the first time in a couple of weeks.  My hunch (based upon a smidgen of TA and tea leaves) is we are seeing a turn in direction: Up.

Though XMR/BTC went lower, it did maintain it's fiat value around $12-$13.
I'm about to feel jealous at the premine coin, sorry I mean Dash, for hitting the 3rd place (in market cap.)  Cool

Anyway, Monero is back on track. Cool

Actually we went below $12, but now we are back up to nudging $13, which looks good.  We still need to see volume on Polo up from here though, and buy side needs to be towards 3K BTC, it's gone up in the past few hours to a healthier level, but we are a third of the D-coin's volume and a long way under its market cap (yes, I have been watching and it's not much fun).

D*** cannot keep it up forever, though - there will be tears and a fall.  

Today's daily candle must be green, and then, I think we bottomed locally at 0.00922 - next targets 0.01168, then 0.0124.

Dare I say 'the next 24 hours are c....'  Actually, no, I won't Wink Other factors weigh heavily:

So many are waiting for ETF news and watching how far D*** can go before it's time to bale out.  I am surprised DCrash has not happened yet, the overheating is obvious now - FOMO always ends in tears.

As for BTC - I think bailing out (if ETF is to fail) will come before the 11th (which is a Saturday, anyway)

EDIT:  number slip

我想要火箭和火车
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:11:55 AM

35USD is a pretty high level for FOMO money. 

Looks to me like educated money is looking for an alternative to BTC in the event of an ETF or blocksize crash in BTC price, or is looking for a toehold in the "silver altcoin" which might grow as bitcoin use wains due to transaction fees/delays.

Educated money might be seeing something in XMR's marketcap competitors that XMR doesn't offer.  Unbloated blockchain?  Real world use? 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: