Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312336 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2020, 07:12:25 PM

Speculators gonna speculate. Cheesy

If you want to enter for a chance to win a loaded 0.1 XMR note, please reply to this tweet.  Good luck!

https://twitter.com/_floam412/status/1234306892534554624?s=21

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2020, 09:43:53 PM

The government keeps demanding proof of source of funds for bitcoin more and more. Also, wait til you see what Steve Mnuchin has in store for us later in the year. Government heavy handedness will drive people into the loving arms of morono.

And now people have more choices among Monero as privacy cryptocurrencies, others like ONION or Zcash are getting attention from those willing to recover their privacy rights.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 12:17:12 PM

hahahaha

good one
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2020, 07:51:05 PM

We have lowered our trade fees to .2%, and if you self affiliate, that will save you 50% on that as well.

https://freebitcoins.com/xchange/market/BTC_XMR

Our API for people avoiding javascript:  https://github.com/FreeBitcoins-com/docs

We are here if y'all need us for an arena to trade in.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 01:07:55 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Two projects are on Monero and Tari testnet.

https://www.monerooutreach.org/stories/dandelion.html

https://github.com/tari-project/tari/releases/tag/v0.0.9

While Dandelion will help with anonymity, I am not fully sure how will Tari help beside helping securing the network. I guess now when more people will check it out we will know more. It took year and a half of development since it was announced.

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 11:37:40 AM

Loving Dandelion marketing too,,, and loving that we got to wait this long and still no steam lost. Did anyone else notice the sudden moves on orderbooks yesterday on Bittrex? None got taken but they appeared in a bunch and then just disappeared (or I imagined it but that is very rare for me).

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
phishead

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 03:24:38 PM
Merited by bitebits (1)

While Dandelion will help with anonymity, I am not fully sure how will Tari help beside helping securing the network. I guess now when more people will check it out we will know more. It took year and a half of development since it was announced.

I think these two things are huge for Monero as a whole, and here's why:

1) Tari:  To those who use Ethereum but don't trust the people behind Ethereum and such to not roll back transactions, this is going to be a game changer.  I completely understand when people poo-poo on the idea of smart contracts (which I do sometimes too), but think about what Bitcoin and Monero are trying to do here... subvert around government control while also using a trustless protocol to transact money between two parties.  I think smart contracts are equally, if not more dynamically important in the long run for a functional society.  

We still rely on lawyers and government to be able to take out a loan and pay your mortgage, enforce your will when you pass away, etc.  To have a way to create smart contracts on a platform that allows a NFT to exist, while doing so in a way that obscures your personal identity on the "public ledger" is a huge fucking deal.  Just like with banks who don't publicly broadcast to everyone that you just received your paycheck for $xxxx.xx, lawyers don't publicly broadcast that you are issuing a contract to buy a plot of land from somebody.

And it's not just the "major" contracts you encounter on your every day life... It can be away for people to subvert centralized entities such as Ticketmaster, who have been caught price gouging tickets they sell on there by unfairly forcing artists, sports teams, etc. to use their platform to sell.  It's huge to allow peasants like ourselves to directly do business with one another without having to jump through hoops in order to get a slice of the pie.

2) Dandelion++)  I remember when I first got into Monero I was nervous about running a node because I remember I was the only node at the time being ran in my state (US).  The fact that there is a way to cut obscure the last frontier of vulnerability that Monero has is huge for obvious reasons.  But the biggest reason that I can think of is that it allows citizens that are overtly controlled by their government in every way possible, such as China, to run, use and mine Monero without fear in the short term of being located on a map of active nodes.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 03:53:28 PM

^ I had the same concern at the time phishead. There were only 200 nodes in total Smiley However I do think Dandelion does not resolve your ISP and others knowing there is a Monero node running on your IP address. It solves that a transaction cannot be linked to an IPadress anymore.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
phishead

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 04:21:56 PM

^ I had the same concern at the time phishead. There were only 200 nodes in total Smiley However I do think Dandelion does not resolve your ISP and others knowing there is a Monero node running on your IP address. It solves that a transaction cannot be linked to an IPadress anymore.

Ahh ok, yeah now I remember at the end of that article it mentions the need to still probably use a VPS or whatever... but still, I will take any progress on protecting IP addresses from being linked to xmr use Smiley
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 02:41:40 AM
Merited by Hueristic (3), phishead (1), pa (1)

Ahh ok, yeah now I remember at the end of that article it mentions the need to still probably use a VPS or whatever... but still, I will take any progress on protecting IP addresses from being linked to xmr use Smiley

Dandelion doesn't address linking your IP to Monero use. What it does do is make it much harder for other nodes to link your IP to your specific transactions. (To be clear it already wasn't trivial or even easy, but with Dandelion it is much harder still, and since it is built in and everyone is using it, this makes the task of mapping Monero transactions overall much harder and helps everyone.)

If you want to hide your Monero usage altogether you need to use VPN/Tor/I2P.
Chicken_76

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 01:34:48 PM

Running a node is not illegal, I think. Let's hope that doesn't change. You don't have to own Monero to run the node.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 03:15:04 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Running a node is not illegal, I think. Let's hope that doesn't change. You don't have to own Monero to run the node.

Why would running a node or owning Monero be illegal? It is just that I value my privacy. Therefore at the time I used a VPS to run a node in a foreign country that did not have a node yet. Nowadays from home because my ISP reports a single location for all their IP’s and my upload speed went x5.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
phishead

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 01:08:44 PM

Why would running a node or owning Monero be illegal? It is just that I value my privacy. Therefore at the time I used a VPS to run a node in a foreign country that did not have a node yet. Nowadays from home because my ISP reports a single location for all their IP’s and my upload speed went x5.

In a very dystopian future type of mentality, I could see where governments might link anyone running a monero node as an equivalent of aiding in money laundering or something to that extent.

My question is this though... why is it that we don’t bake tor to be ran by default for the GUI/CLI clients? Just like with Bisq for example?

Edit: I realize there are vulnerabilities with tor in that you can’t trust that all the nodes are honest nodes and might be used to de anonymize people’s true IP’s (if you aren’t using VPN)... however it seems like the best candidate for the time being?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 12:37:16 AM

Missed the bottom but got some at .007016  Smiley

Shit should have waited a  little longer! Grin

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 01:14:03 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Great fish, Heur. Maybe we havent touch the floor yet, but there´s some vectors pointing to a crypto massive surge from 21 march till somewhere april/may... I would say it´s hoarding time for like 2 weeks, then there could come higher highs, maybe even ATHs in the main coins in the cryptosphere
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 02:18:03 PM

I think these two things are huge for Monero as a whole, and here's why:

1) Tari:  To those who use Ethereum but don't trust the people behind Ethereum and such to not roll back transactions, this is going to be a game changer.  I completely understand when people poo-poo on the idea of smart contracts (which I do sometimes too), but think about what Bitcoin and Monero are trying to do here... subvert around government control while also using a trustless protocol to transact money between two parties.  I think smart contracts are equally, if not more dynamically important in the long run for a functional society.  

We still rely on lawyers and government to be able to take out a loan and pay your mortgage, enforce your will when you pass away, etc.  To have a way to create smart contracts on a platform that allows a NFT to exist, while doing so in a way that obscures your personal identity on the "public ledger" is a huge fucking deal.  Just like with banks who don't publicly broadcast to everyone that you just received your paycheck for $xxxx.xx, lawyers don't publicly broadcast that you are issuing a contract to buy a plot of land from somebody.

And it's not just the "major" contracts you encounter on your every day life... It can be away for people to subvert centralized entities such as Ticketmaster, who have been caught price gouging tickets they sell on there by unfairly forcing artists, sports teams, etc. to use their platform to sell.  It's huge to allow peasants like ourselves to directly do business with one another without having to jump through hoops in order to get a slice of the pie.

Just shows how Monero devs and the XMR community are more open on having their project adapt and be flexible unlike the BTC devs and the maxis.  It's the reason why ETH was made.  The BTC devs would have none of it so VB left and brought a lot of people from the BTC community with him.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BuHoBeH

Activity: 640
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 04:12:25 AM

The current price of monero is simply awesome to buy in your portfolio
phishead

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 03:08:44 AM

Soon people will realize the issue of hyperinflation that's about to happen to the USD... AKA the world reserve currency.  Things are about to go side ways gentlemen.  DYOR, stay safe and wash your god damn hands.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 03:01:50 PM

^  USD hyperinflation?  I don't think it will get to that point tbh.  I think it would've happened already if it was close to the realm of possibility.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 01:24:56 AM

It is funny to see that Dow Jones was last time this low as now in mid 2017, at almost same time as Monero was last time sub $30 as right now.  Bitcoin still need to drop a bit to sync with Monero and Dow Jones.
Pages: « 1 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: