Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:57:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4902

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 04:59:28 PM

I haven't even mentioned Monero to him as I still can't get him into bitcoin.

Ha Ha. But he got the message pretty quickly. First he mentioned shitcoin and then Monero. That is quite a fast learning curve.
And the other thing with Bitcoin.... he will also understand soon.

Yeah, he's a "Dumb Roofer" (as he describes himself) that owns many properties now and got a judge disbarred.

He didn't listen to me years ago when I told him to sell his silver and buy bitcoin but he's learning his lesson there. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 03:55:36 PM

Ha Ha. But he got the message pretty quickly. First he mentioned shitcoin and then Monero. That is quite a fast learning curve.

Yeah, he's a "Dumb Roofer" (as he describes himself) that owns many properties now and got a judge disbarred.

He didn't listen to me years ago when I told him to sell his silver and buy bitcoin but he's learning his lesson there. Smiley

Is your dumb roofer named R0ach?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 09:10:57 PM

Is your dumb roofer named R0ach?

LOL, he doesn't even know how to use a bbs.

I doubt roach worked a day in his life, momma's boy living in the basement.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
johnfoss

Activity: 126
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 06:43:50 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 41) IS OUT NOW! Grab a coffee or a beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-41
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 12:59:02 PM

^  Ey johnfoss, do you have any news on Fluffypony's Tari project?  Is that still happening?  The last time I heard Fluffy talk about it was when the planned wallet addresses would be in emojis.  Lolol.  I don't know how that would work but it's hilarious in a cool way.  But yeah...  I think it's one of the most promising projects to be built in the space.  Sad if they abandoned it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Sipizter

Activity: 41
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 02:17:17 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

^  Ey johnfoss, do you have any news on Fluffypony's Tari project?  Is that still happening?  The last time I heard Fluffy talk about it was when the planned wallet addresses would be in emojis.  Lolol.  I don't know how that would work but it's hilarious in a cool way.  But yeah...  I think it's one of the most promising projects to be built in the space.  Sad if they abandoned it.

There are quite frequent dev updates it seems:
https://www.tari.com/updates/
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 10:03:54 PM

So it looks like BTC is still the prime mover of the whole market.  A lot of ETH heads were thinking that the merge with the beacon chain could get some action back and somehow get some wind behind the sail for a move up.  But I'm not so sure with the bad economic outlook.  People won't want to gamble in internet coinz if they really have to scrounge their way to make a living.  It could be hard times ahead...  For the next couple of years at least before TPTB opens the tap again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 03:15:11 PM

Our cute little black sheep...  Always swimming against the current.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2022, 05:24:06 PM

So it looks like BTC is still the prime mover of the whole market.  A lot of ETH heads were thinking that the merge with the beacon chain could get some action back and somehow get some wind behind the sail for a move up.  But I'm not so sure with the bad economic outlook.  People won't want to gamble in internet coinz if they really have to scrounge their way to make a living.  It could be hard times ahead...  For the next couple of years at least before TPTB opens the tap again.

I dunno man, you've been wrong for so long and so consistently that i'm starting to think of you as a contrarian indicator. Wink

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 05:01:20 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Our cute little black sheep...  Always swimming against the current.

A couple days ago, that was a good thing.  Not so thrilled with it today.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 12:37:28 PM

Our cute little black sheep...  Always swimming against the current.

A couple days ago, that was a good thing.  Not so thrilled with it today.

No joke.  Pretty frisky downward action here...  Looks like lots of momentum left too, I'd say.

You know... if there is any truth to the naked shorting exchanges idea, they would be working to claw back that money they lost over the last couple weeks about now.

I dunno.  The conspiracies...  who knows?
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2022, 04:55:09 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I dunno man, you've been wrong for so long and so consistently that i'm starting to think of you as a contrarian indicator. Wink

Yeah dunno too but it's better to play it safe and have some fire power when the market is in all out alt season than trying to trade or buy into a market that could just sell down anytime.  Look at XMR.  Was looking all good til it wasn't.  So what now if you took a shot at 250 USD and didn't have a stop loss?  :/  Sucks being stuck in a bear market cos who knows when you go back to breakeven.  Could be months...  Years?  Please no, mi familia.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2022, 05:40:29 PM

Yeah dunno too but it's better to play it safe and have some fire power when the market is in all out alt season than trying to trade or buy into a market that could just sell down anytime.  Look at XMR.  Was looking all good til it wasn't.  So what now if you took a shot at 250 USD and didn't have a stop loss?  :/  Sucks being stuck in a bear market cos who knows when you go back to breakeven.  Could be months...  Years?  Please no, mi familia.

NGMI

Tongue

Super Protocol

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2022, 09:13:20 AM

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 41) IS OUT NOW! Grab a coffee or a beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

Yes monero is the good investment still this project is active in the cryptomarket monero has good developers so the future of monero will be very bright there is no doubt currently the price of XMR is low and the cryptomarket situation is very bullish so holding is a good strategy.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 03:53:02 PM

Yes monero is the good investment still this project is active in the cryptomarket monero has good developers so the future of monero will be very bright there is no doubt currently the price of XMR is low and the cryptomarket situation is very bullish so holding is a good strategy.

I've been busy with other things, and apparently I missed this!  Crypto to the MOON! unless it went to zero...

y5

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 08:42:34 PM

What is the best wallet for Monero these days?

I´m using Ubuntu 21.10 if that is relevant.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 10:27:38 PM

What is the best wallet for Monero these days?

I´m using Ubuntu 21.10 if that is relevant.

I have become a fairly strong fan of Feather.  But then, I also quite like Electrum:

https://featherwallet.org/

There is an applauncher version.  Run's perfectly on Arch for me.

johnfoss

Activity: 126
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 04:27:51 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 43) IS OUT NOW!

Grab a coffee or a beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-43?sd=fs
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 21, 2022, 03:50:13 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), infofront (1), explorer (1)

Monero is showing a sort of strength and resilience I do not believe we have seen since 2017-18.

• The macro environment is EXTREMELY uncertain right now, and all signs are pointing in the down direction.
  • Money is moving away from risk, and to the dollar (amazingly) and ruble.
  • Tech is getting whallumped. We are seeing draw downs that look like Bitcoin bears in strong tech stocks
  • Crypto in general is correlated to the stock market, and particularly the tech side
  • Arguably we are seeing an altpocalypse. ETH is down like 2/3rds and almost all alts are getting killed
  • Bitcoin dominance is up sharply to level not seen since last year
  • Terra/Luna/UST need I say more?

And Bitcoin, while also down is showing fairly strong support and not doing the sort of draw down we have seen in past bears.  Many are still calling for Bitcoin to do something it never has and pull back to below the last cycle's highs.

But Monero...  Well this is complicated.  But it is showing some unique things in the midst of this.

• Monero DID draw down with the other alts during the Luna fiasco.  Losing (like ETH) about 60% from JUST LAST MONTH.
  • But while the rest of the alts are either continuing downward, or at best not recovering Monero is up 60% from lows
  • Monero transaction volume remains high but flat. Down from it's peak, but still high.
  • Monero short interest is still higher than most other coins. Backwards from BTC and ETH

Before the Luna debacle Monero was seeing huge gains, out of proportion with the rest of the crypto sector.  And though It participated in the crash, it has resumed it's prior upward trajectory to some extent.  Much more so than other coins which remain beaten down. 

What is driving Monero's buying pressure?  We are not seeing anything that would support this in the on chain data.  Transaction volume is fairly flat.  The comically backwards short/long makeup of interest in Monero continues to be an anomaly.  Yet the price is showing strong signs of buoyancy often being one of the only green alts in the top 100, or at worst at least holding.

I think we are seeing organic interest in Monero.  And I think we are only seeing the very beginnings of it.  New crypto folks are trickling in and one by one the lightbulb goes on for some of them.  It's unique use case, and excellent properties put it in the position of being a peculiar draw.  Monero has made clear and decisively different choices than bitcoin in the areas or privacy (obviously), issuance (tail emission), ASIC resistant mining , and block size.  Some Bitcoinners who would even be seen as Maxis by most are starting to come to Monero because of it's very unique and potent properties.

I think we COULD be in the early stages of it's most epic rise.  And I think the cartoonish short interest may end up fueling the rise dramatically enough to cause some fomo out there amongst the dog-coin types.  They might not know they are actually fomo-ing into something really good for once... but that will not matter to Monero's bottom line.

I remain bullish.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 21, 2022, 10:21:23 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

And Bitcoin, while also down is showing fairly strong support and not doing the sort of draw down we have seen in past bears.  Many are still calling for Bitcoin to do something it never has and pull back to below the last cycle's highs.
This belief seems widespread, however it is false.

Top of April 2013 was $266.

Top of December 2013 was $1170.

Bottom of August 2015 was $160.

And I remember at the time, during the downtrend post December 2013 peak, many people could not envision the price going below 266$ because "the price never went below the last cycle high" (and despite this pattern being true at that time - unlike today, the pattern got broken).
Pages: « 1 ... 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: