Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 10:57:34 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2015, 12:01:49 PM by reRaise

Can i get some satosi/bitcoin from gemz chat ? reff or like that Smiley

Check in the app setting and then FAQ from 'How can i earn Gems'. If you want Bitcoins you can exchange them for Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:33:23 PM

I'm still unable to open the app, error message, client verification error.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:50:29 PM

I'm still unable to open the app, error message, client verification error.

Sent you a PM
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 01:52:50 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2015, 02:44:25 PM by yoyoamigo

BEST UPDATE SO FAR!

1) the great thing is this - receive 5 GEMS upon registration of an account! i intend to invite all my friends now...tell them to register an account to get +5GEMS. PLUS i will give them another +5GEMS (or +10GEMS) if they register through my link. THIS IS GONNA BE VIRAL!!!

2) loving the simplicity of the whole interface too. gone are the days with the Side Menu on the left. Settings now are on the top right hand corner. much less tapping required. simply swipe left or right to access. Faster and easier than before. nice new QuickIcon too. i am okay with the colors though. may not be so appealing. may want to reconsider changing back to salmon. now i see a dull purple color?

3) the transactions could do some improvement. Not urgent though:
- i would like to be able to arrange it from earliest to latest or latest to earliest. Right now its mixed up. For now, a quick fix like Latest on Top and Earliest on Bottom will be good. You can add in the option to rearrange some time in the future if its too much of a hassle now. UPDATE MY BAD! think i saw wrongly. its okay now. Latest on Top and Earliest on Bottom!
- it would be nice if i can tap on one of the transactions for more details. like being able to see the full BTC Address. Just for personal reference sake.
- i noticed something very odd about the transactions. For example, now i see "GEMS Transactions". i tap on "Send BTC" or "Receive BTC", i see "BTC Transactions". if i don't do that and just tap on "BTC", the transactions doesn't fully change to show me "BTC Transactions". only some of it.

4) i noticed that there is a refresh button next to the price per unit (i.e. 1 BTC | 245.27USD) on the left. can it be slightly bigger? its kinda small. Also, when i tap on it, i do not know if its responding. would be helpful (user-friendly) to add some kind of indication after i tap on it.

ALERT! i got my GEMS exactly as before when i updated. But what happened to my 0.0009 BTC? i don't see it when i created a new account. i see 0 BTC. do i have to wait for BTC to sync? does anyone else have this problem? UPDATE i see the loading animation on the BTC wallet. hopefully i see my 0.0009 BTC. will update ASAP once i do see it. UPDATE DONE! had to login to my previous getgems passphrase account at counterwallet.io and send the BTC to my newly created getgems account. and it was instant! BEST!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:23:37 PM

This update brings with it a number of major developments for both Android and iOS, and much closer to where GetGems needs to be to integrate Airdrops, the “Attention Economy” rewards program, and the “GetGems Store”, which we are extremely excited about.

Awesome, i wonder about the GetGems store how that is.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:36:35 PM

BEST UPDATE SO FAR!

1) the great thing is this - receive 5 GEMS upon registration of an account! i intend to invite all my friends now...tell them to register an account to get +5GEMS. PLUS i will give them another +5GEMS (or +10GEMS) if they register through my link. THIS IS GONNA BE VIRAL!!!

2) loving the simplicity of the whole interface too. gone are the days with the Side Menu on the left. Settings now are on the top right hand corner. much less tapping required and more swipping. Faster and easier than before. nice new QuickIcon too.

Thank you for the feedback, we defiantly agree that swiping between tabs is much more intuitive and fun. We'll keep upgrading the UI/UX concentrating on users feedback, simplicity and minimalism.

3) the transactions could do some improvement - i would like to be able to arrange it from earliest to latest or latest to earliest. Right now its mixed up. Also, it would be nice if i can tap on one of the transactions for more details. like being able to see the full BTC Address. nothing urgent but i do hope to see some improvements on this in the future.

ALERT! i noticed something very odd about the transactions. For example, now i see "GEMS Transactions". i tap on "Send BTC" or "Receive BTC", i see "BTC Transactions". if i just tap on "BTC", the transactions doesn't fully change to show me "BTC Transactions". only some of it. Do fix this soon if you can. Thank you!

Right now transactions are arranged from latest (top) to earliest (bottom), please post a picture if its mixed up for you. [Tapping on a transaction to show more details is on the to do list]

one question: i got my GEMS exactly as before updating. But what happened to my 0.0009 BTC? i don't see it when i created a new account. do i have to wait for BTC to sync?

Because we moved to using the "default" passphrase layout mentioned in the BIP32 spec, we had to ask every user to create a new account (see picture attached which explains the transition).

You can login to https://counterwallet.io/ with your old passphrase and send the btc to your new in-app btc address.
yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 02:53:04 PM

Much thanks for the quick reply and help!!  Grin
Oh and the newly added security features are awesome too.

ALRIGHT GETGEMS USERS!

NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT!
WHAT YOU WAITING FOR???
I'M GONNA START INVITING PEOPLE NOW!

LET THE SHOW BEGIN!
GO GO GO!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:20:57 PM

Make sure those who download it to rate it 5 starts and comment on the play store/app store. Although the top features still need to be added which really will sell this app good.

yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 06:02:35 PM

using my smartphone, i notice a different procedure when clicking on the referral link from Facebook and from Whatsapp:

On Whatsapp, it requests to open the link using chrome or other apps. once i click on chrome, it takes a few secs to load and then it sends me to GooglePlay GetGems Messenger page. okay. good to go!
On Facebook, it seems to open the link inside facebook. not chrome and it didn't request me to open in chrome. and then it opens GetGems app. i do not know what happens when GetGems isn't installed. will have to wait for my friends to get back to me on that. But just to find out from the rest if you have already try it out: does it work?

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 06:08:16 PM

using my smartphone, i notice a different procedure when clicking on the referral link from Facebook and from Whatsapp:

On Whatsapp, it requests to open the link using chrome or other apps. once i click on chrome, it takes a few secs to load and then it sends me to GooglePlay GetGems Messenger page. okay. good to go!
On Facebook, it seems to open the link inside facebook. not chrome and it didn't request me to open in chrome. and then it opens GetGems app. i do not know what happens when GetGems isn't installed. will have to wait for my friends to get back to me on that. But just to find out from the rest if you have already try it out: does it work?

I don't know if there is a problem or not here but I will say something. FB has for a while become a very closed system, if you click on anything in FB instead of taking you off to view it FB now tends to make you view things within FB. This MIGHT be the reason for what is happening. basically FB wants to own the Internet.
KarlAnders

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 07:59:10 PM

You can login to https://counterwallet.io/ with your old passphrase and send the btc to your new in-app btc address.

My 0.1BTC did not show up on counterwallet with the old passphrase. What to do?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:25:19 PM

My 0.1BTC did not show up on counterwallet with the old passphrase. What to do?

Sent you a PM.
AhmedAshraf

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:47:56 AM

PM'd you Smiley

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
nickap

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:16:27 AM

I am trying to transfer from my koinify act to my gems wallet and every time I try to transfer koinify freezes up and says LOADING... and it never sends funds. Is anyone else experiencing this? Can you please advise? Koinify support will not reply and when they do they just tell me to try again..

Thank you
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:03:42 AM

Old passphrase doesn't work for me (does work for counterwallet.io), saying I should contact support. 
Should I just create a new one and transfer the funds ?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:10:38 AM

Old passphrase doesn't work for me (does work for counterwallet.io), saying I should contact support.  
Should I just create a new one and transfer the funds ?

Yes, old passphrase will only work in counterwallet.

New GetGems passphrase now uses the "default" layout mentioned in the BIP32 spec. (this one time change was needed because counterparty isn't using the default key words to generate their passphrase thus isn't compatible with other apps in the bitcoin ecosystem)

To make things clear:
(1) New GetGems passphrase can be used in https://web.hivewallet.com/ and https://multibit.org/ to recover bitcoins (not gems)
(2) https://counterwallet.io/ can be used for gems on-chain.
(3) in-app Gems are off-chain, meaning they wont show in https://counterwallet.io/.
fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:30:54 AM

I checked out a number of the referral methods and everything seems to be ok, but I wish You would highlight "this" feature more both on the referral messages and on itunes / googleplay

"In addition, advertisers will have to pay into the network while members will always maintain the power to opt out of any messaging they don’t want. With GetGems, users choose whether to receive promoted content tailored to their interests. If they do, they will earn GEMZ for each sponsored message they view. GetGems makes instant messaging with friends fun, simple, secure and profitable."

This is the information a new user gets from the website and no mention of being paid except by referrals.

Fun. Keep in touch with friends. Free unlimited instant messaging.
Insert Here Earn GEMZ for each sponsored message you view
Simple. Intuitive to use. Create an account in 10 seconds.
Secure. Be as anonymous as you desire. Communications are always protected.
Rewarding. Earn GEMS for introducing new users to the network.

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:49:13 PM

I checked out a number of the referral methods and everything seems to be ok, but I wish You would highlight "this" feature more both on the referral messages and on itunes / googleplay

"In addition, advertisers will have to pay into the network while members will always maintain the power to opt out of any messaging they don’t want. With GetGems, users choose whether to receive promoted content tailored to their interests. If they do, they will earn GEMZ for each sponsored message they view. GetGems makes instant messaging with friends fun, simple, secure and profitable."

This is the information a new user gets from the website and no mention of being paid except by referrals.

did you try out the Facebook referral method? I.e. using smartphone to access facebook app and then tapping on the referral link.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:37:37 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 07:20:55 PM by Netnox

The attention economy is not out yet, so if you highlight it now, people who download will notcie that there isn't such thing. I would suggets to wait before it's added.

Although my request is that when the airdrop gets released he should highlight the referral and airdrop more in the play store/app store description and also edit the title to GetGems - Messaging that pays you or GetGems - Telegram with Bitcoin that pays / pays you. Such title and discription can attract more users, but for this atleast the airdrop should come out.
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:12:36 PM

he guys,

Would like to hear your feedback on the idea for a community drive to get https://www.coinpayments.net/ to accept gemz for merchants. Might be an option to include in the app?

What do you think, should be start voting there for gemz? Is there a potential problem cause gemz is a crypto 2.0 coin?

KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: