Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:18:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:28:47 PM

Loving the current community and development team of GetGems.
Hoping for more updates and a bigger userbase!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:59:08 PM

@ nextgencoin are you in one of the beta testing groups? Is pretty handy to be part of, the developers are pretty active there where we can communicate with them.

I guess I worry that even good avenues of discussion can end up hidden from the majority, a popular thread on this forum is seen by thousands, less chance of that in a closed group however open it is. I won't connect to Google+ cause I don't like Google and is known to provide backdoors to the NSA, its a principle thing. I guess I should connect to the Android testing but I don't see any problem sharing here to be honest.
There is also a user chat room which anyone can join all they need to do is install the GetGems app for their device (the beta version is NOT required) and post their Gems username here and they will be added. Lots of information is on there as well it gets people to use the app. Google+ is only need if you want to submit bug reports there but bugs can also be reported in the app. Most threads on this forum turn into FUD fights and name calling, when people see that it turns them off.
Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:18:58 PM

ok, I agree that we need to build up the user base in the first place.

What are the standard strategies to do this?

GG has a referal bounty in place. What about a give-away for new users? That is what reveal will do....

Karmala

I think Getgems does give 5 gems to new users, which is about 3x more (when adjusted with the total number of both coins) than reveal gives (1000 of their currency)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:20:46 PM

I hope we can rapidly move from development to marketing. The space is red hot right now, I hope we aren't a little late to the party.

http://rt.com/news/267835-social-network-anonymous-minds/

The point system even has some similarity to how Gems might work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minds.mobile

mrvegad

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:01:20 PM

I hope we can rapidly move from development to marketing. The space is red hot right now, I hope we aren't a little late to the party.

That app sounds like it's pretty buggy, rushing an app to market with bugs is tough to overcome. Gems is on the right path with lots of beta testing. Don't worry, the party hasn't started yet  Grin
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:00:48 PM

He guys,

could we make a list of in-app use cases apart from those which are allready in the concept? just brainstorming for entertainment here. To make a start:

- there are those dice sites which are provably fair if they are implemented on the block chain. However, they are allways profit oriented of course. That is, they keep a certain percentage. Gemz might have a simple in-app interface for gemz dice and profits might be distributed on top of the "normal" airdrop...

- gemz is a counterparty asset. You can buy those assets with gemz on the dex. We saw that with the gemzcards. Could there also be a simple counterparty trading (or simply buying) interface for selected counterparty tokens?

- could we have a seperate gemz gaming app which uses gemz as ingame currency. Profits might be distributed in the airdrop.

- are there other established crypto models which could be integrated and even combined with attention economy models?

btw, reveal has finished their seeding round. They have give-aways for sign-ups in their app. We should also give free gemz to new users! Not only to those who invited them.

edit: and yes! go bitcoin! (something that reveal doesnt have, next to the airdrop (yes they keep the majority of the coins for themselves) and attention messeging). Reveal mentioned that they will invite prominent people to start their unsolcidated messeging model.... This! we need to do too. Competition is good. Adertisers will get used to buy coins for their adds...

Karmala

There are endless possibilities, i think first we should focus on the main features, like the attention economy and airdrop/referral mechanism.

the attention economy  needs to have a purpose in spending economic gains it generated...

lol, who do you think you mean with "we" ?!

"We" are not the devs and are doing shit until now. Look at doge... "We" are the community and all we are doing is pushing the devs to get faster. You are are a good supporter and I see your posts all over.  

My post was for entertainment purposes with the very low chance that we might bring up a new idea or combine information from the crypto scene which might benefit gems. Lets freely chat here about our wired crypto head ideas I suggest.... stay light, have fun. Important imho.

ps: no offence meant, I am quite happy with what I see here. Could just be a bit more community here. Will do more myself in the future

Karmala

I know what u mean, thats why is said "first", it would be better if first the main features get ready since the app promotes itself with the attention economy so the team should focus on that to bring it out faster, right now I'm thinking about the airdrop system and attention economy and in app possibility to buy gemz.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:21:48 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 10:12:37 AM by reRaise

Counterparty talks with GetGems founder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMoRcXDTWY

Very interesting interview:

- So the app is almost reaching 5000 users, which is impressive considering the app is still in public beta stage where regular changes happen, breaking and bug fixing happens etc.

- Daniel mentioned himself that they don't want to do active marketing yet because the app is still in early development.

- There will be ability to buy BTC within the app and a shop to use Gemz inside the app for buying things.

- He hopes to reach 100k users before going for a another funding round.

We know how fast popular apps rise in market cap, guys the higher Gemz are worth the more people join. Like i said earlier if 1 Gemz is 1 dollar, dude people fcking rush to download the app, user base would grow exponentially since you can earn hundreds of dollars per fcking day by rewards. That is one hell of a kind of an app and never existed before. An 88M market cap (Gemz at 1 usd) is nothing for an app.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:31:11 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 02:02:36 PM by Netnox

Although the biggest difference regarding rewards is that Gemz users get rewarded with actual money and the 'points' users get rewarded with in the app you referred can only be exchanged for 'views' on posts. Now what would you chose, receive money or worthless points.

I have also compared Reveals ad model with GetGems and here is where Reveal is no match for GetGems because the money users pay for ads in Reveal will actually get burned by sending it to an unspendable address, where the money users pay for ads in GetGems goes directly into the pocket of those receiving the ads.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:38:47 AM

Just to feedback, I'm having all kinds of problems downloading and opening the new Android version.

At the moment its pushing me past the page to enter my user name, and then it is adding the pin I enter to my username, therefore invalid.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:19:53 PM

Just to feedback, I'm having all kinds of problems downloading and opening the new Android version.

At the moment its pushing me past the page to enter my user name, and then it is adding the pin I enter to my username, therefore invalid.

Will forward this to the dev at g+ and post back here when he replies.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:39:36 PM

Have you tried the new version, hows it for you? I did notice some guy said on Google store he also couldn't get the new version to work.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:30:55 PM

Have you tried the new version, hows it for you? I did notice some guy said on Google store he also couldn't get the new version to work.

You should add @peled1986 and he adds you to the android beta testers group in the getgems app itself, there you can interact with the dev faster for possible issues.

Yes my bro just downloaded it and everything worked fine. First there came yoda welcoming the user and explaining about the new version and after pressing proceed he had to put his phone number, received sms code and the app signed in automatically, then a window popped up with a pirate picture warning about to save the passphrase and that was it, there was no page to enter username. The UI looks great, especially the wallet.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:16:33 PM

You should add @peled1986 and he adds you to the android beta testers group in the getgems app itself, there you can interact with the dev faster for possible issues.

Yes my bro just downloaded it and everything worked fine. First there came yoda welcoming the user and explaining about the new version and after pressing proceed he had to put his phone number, received sms code and the app signed in automatically, then a window popped up with a pirate picture warning about to save the passphrase and that was it, there was no page to enter username. The UI looks great, especially the wallet.

Not that useful as I can't download and open the app. Wink I'll wait and see if anyone else has problems. Its the first time I did so I'm thinking it might not just be me.
mrvegad

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:57:20 PM

If you have time can you please send a detailed email on the problems you are having to support@getgems.org?

Thank you.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:53:08 PM

If you have time can you please send a detailed email on the problems you are having to support@getgems.org?

Thank you.

I'm sure they know of the issue. On google play the last handful of reviews have said the new version is looping and not opening. I don't understand how this happens when you have testers?
mrvegad

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:40:26 PM

Thank you.

I'm sure they know of the issue. On google play the last handful of reviews have said the new version is looping and not opening. I don't understand how this happens when you have testers?
There is only a small group of testers with a limited number of phones to test on, each brand of phone can have different bugs. The people in the beta has far as I know have been mainly bug free. I'm sure it will be a easy fix but since it is the weekend in Israel it might take a day or two.

Edit: I only see three people on Google Play with that problem.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:34:05 AM

Thank you.

There is only a small group of testers with a limited number of phones to test on, each brand of phone can have different bugs. The people in the beta has far as I know have been mainly bug free. I'm sure it will be a easy fix but since it is the weekend in Israel it might take a day or two.

I'm fine, there is no disaster I'll wait. It might only be three but its three in the last day and they say the same thing. My hunch is its not an app issue but possibly a registration issue which testers might not confront. With new security features there could actually be a ton is issues with certain people who's phone setting etc conflict with the checks it makes, anyway no worries.

I thought yesterday its 9pm Friday night in Tel Aviv, the team are youngish males, if they are coding and not not in some bar somewhere I would be more worried.  Wink
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:53:39 AM

Thank you.

I'm fine, there is no disaster I'll wait. It might only be three but its three in the last day and they say the same thing. My hunch is its not an app issue but possibly a registration issue which testers might not confront. With new security features there could actually be a ton is issues with certain people who's phone setting etc conflict with the checks it makes, anyway no worries.

I thought yesterday its 9pm Friday night in Tel Aviv, the team are youngish males, if they are coding and not not in some bar somewhere I would be more worried.  Wink

A lot of QA has been done on the new version (by the team and community beta testers). There was a hiccup with the new version because server side staging and production were built a bit different which meant we couldn't identify on staging a specific problem that accrued on production. The problem has been fixed and we learned from this going forward (staging and production backend have to be tested on exactly the same environment)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:57:05 AM

Btree

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

bitcoin é uma árvore que vai continuar a crescer

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 09:00:02 AM

Can i get some satosi/bitcoin from gemz chat ? reff or like that Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: