Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:23:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
flapman1

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:45:41 PM

Hate to burst your bubble m8, but the whole world doesn't worship at Apple's feet. They've done right and prioritized what most people who don't have $600.00 dollars for a phone use which would be Android.

I sincerely hope that the iOS application is finished before the 10th in that case. So that everything can be kickstarted at the same time Smiley
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:50:05 PM

Hate to burst your bubble m8, but the whole world doesn't worship at Apple's feet. They've done right and prioritized what most people who don't have $600.00 dollars for a phone use which would be Android.

I sincerely hope that the iOS application is finished before the 10th in that case. So that everything can be kickstarted at the same time Smiley

Majority of my friends have iPhone, especially girls have mainly iPhones.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:11:04 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 02:29:10 PM by reRaise

The option to be able to send bitcoin/gemz outside the app should be added, or else the btc are going to be stuck in the app.
reRaise

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:43:45 PM

Once the iOS version is released, this app should go crazy.  This will demonstrate to the world the beauty of dentralization.  I mean come on, YOU ARE PAID TO GROW THE USER BASE???  ADVERTISERS PAY YOU???  This is gonna be huge.  iOS version must released soon to get this going though

I think this model is going to be pretty big in the future. Lets hope gems goes viral before whatsapp copies this 2.0 technology.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:11:05 PM

Majority of my friends have iPhone, especially girls have mainly iPhones.

And so it is for me. This is an App that could go viral quickly among young university students, especially the tech savvy ones. But guess what, most of them have an Iphone, at least in my surroundings.

So to grow quickly, targeting this group is essential.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:23:02 PM

Lol clochard  Grin
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:36:25 PM

Once the iOS version is released, this app should go crazy.  This will demonstrate to the world the beauty of dentralization.  I mean come on, YOU ARE PAID TO GROW THE USER BASE???  ADVERTISERS PAY YOU???  This is gonna be huge.  iOS version must released soon to get this going though

I think this model is going to be pretty big in the future. Lets hope gems goes viral before whatsapp copies this 2.0 technology.

dream on

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
reRaise

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:46:10 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 03:59:45 PM by reRaise

dream on

Microsoft with an annual revenue of $86 billion accepted bitcoin, and thinking of whatsapp going to add crypto technology is dreaming on?

I hope whatsapp doesn't add 2.0 technology which i don't think they will anytime soon, so apps like gems can grow in this field. but eventually if this catches on they might follow gems footsteps, yes gems has been out a couple days but once its complete it will have a more revolutionary product than whatsapp ever had, the first value 3.0 messenger, with enough marketing it deserves to go mainstream.

unusualfacts30

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:01:53 PM

dream on

Microsoft with an annual revenue of $86 billion accepted bitcoin, and thinking of whatsapp going to add crypto technology is dreaming on? now why would i believe the words of a guy who supports pay coin and got burned on it and has been losing for the last 8 months?

Whatsapp has 600+ million userbase. Tell me why the hell would they add crypto? So they can get everyone from btctalk? lol. Everyone already uses Whatsapp they don't need these gimmicks

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:05:13 PM

the first value 3.0 messenger
Right. That's what it is to me, a value 3.0 messenger.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:21:29 PM

How can we leverage the large number of Telegram user to use GEMS. How have people invited and got people to use GEMS possibly instead or alongside Telegram? Otherwise friends will just think you are using Telegram.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:24:08 PM

Catching headlines in the middle of this 

hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:28:56 PM

dream on

Microsoft with an annual revenue of $86 billion accepted bitcoin, and thinking of whatsapp going to add crypto technology is dreaming on? now why would i believe the words of a guy who supports pay coin and got burned on it and has been losing for the last 8 months?

Whatsapp has 600+ million userbase. Tell me why the hell would they add crypto? So they can get everyone from btctalk? lol. Everyone already uses Whatsapp they don't need these gimmicks

LOL!  This guy is quite the visionary!!!  Yeah, why would a tech company like WhatsApp every add anything new!!!  Something as silly as value transfer, LOL!

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
unusualfacts30

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

dream on

LOL!  This guy is quite the visionary!!!  Yeah, why would a tech company like WhatsApp every add anything new!!!  Something as silly as value transfer, LOL!

Lets assume they do add crypto to their app. Would people use gemz or whatsapp?  Wink. There is also rumor going around that facebook is going to buy whatsapp and if that happens we're really looking at very serious contender.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
TomKoinify

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:25:53 PM

dream on

Lets assume they do add crypto to their app. Would people use gemz or whatsapp?  Wink. There is also rumor going around that facebook is going to buy whatsapp and if that happens we're really looking at very serious contender.

Facebook bought WhatsApp for $19B in February of 2014.
reRaise

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:26:27 PM

dream on

fb already bought whatsapp in february, you aren't even slightly updated. Whatsapp won't add bitcoin anytime soon, it's a big change for them, but at the same time if they don't pay attention to this new technology than they might slowly lose their popularity, especially if cryptos gain mainstream attention, messenger apps like gems could get very popular and whatsapp would have to follow. besides if they just add bitcoin then gems will still have the edge with its attention economy model where users get rewarded for participating in the network. I think when Gems app is complete they should only focus on marketing into mainstream.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:56:15 PM

dream on

fb already bought whatsapp in february, you aren't even slightly updated. Whatsapp won't add bitcoin anytime soon, it's a big change for them, but at the same time if they don't pay attention to this new technology than they might slowly lose their popularity, especially if cryptos gain mainstream attention, messenger apps like gems could get very popular and whatsapp would have to follow. besides if they just add bitcoin then gems will still have the edge with its attention economy model where users get rewarded for participating in the network. I think when Gems app is complete they should only focus on marketing into mainstream.

Don't forget advertisers PAY YOU, that is the edge that users of Whatsapp and facebook will never have!!!!!

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:01:58 PM

How can we leverage the large number of Telegram user to use GEMS. How have people invited and got people to use GEMS possibly instead or alongside Telegram? Otherwise friends will just think you are using Telegram.

Soon there will be the option to send them gemz where they will get notified to download the gems app.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:10:36 PM

That is nice, but I am wondering if this is going to make the difference. For a few free tokens probably worth a few cents, would you as an uninterested average Joe download that App?

The average Joe will switch, when he sees his friends switching. Once switched, he might enjoy the extra benefits Gems is offering and keep using it. This consolidation is also ultra important.

A strategy could be to create a momentum, where people en masse switch without even understanding why. Just following the masses. If that is your strategy, you should think about ways to create this momentum. Not easy, but worth the thinking.

If the transfer from users from Whatsapp to Gems is going to be slow, you have a few disadvantages:

- You give time to Whatsapp and other competitors to catch up
- You don't create the impulse, probably needed to get average joe on board
- People won't talk about/it won't be covered a lot in the media

So I hope for a quick adoption Smiley
AllCryptoAllDay

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

With the presale ending in just under 4 hours, we are happy to announce that you already can trade GEMZ on ALTS.Trade

GEMZ/BTC market added: https://alts.trade/trade/GEMZ/BTC

That was fast Smiley excited to be able to buy some at an exchange. Can't wait

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: