Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:55:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:51:40 PM

If they add the option, which I'm sure they will, to send bitcoins/gemz then people could use this wallet to pay for things in the future. 

You said Gems might be worth a few cents.  Maybe at first, but if the market cap grows, they could be worth real money and able to transfer larger amounts of money. 

I have kids, imagine if they are at the movies with their friends and you can just send them the gems then the could use them to pay for things on the fly.  Or I think it could be huge for college kids sending money to each other or getting money from parents.

This will definitely be the way future, the only question is are we too early??

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 07:22:01 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 07:47:07 PM by Nxtblg

Annnnnd that's it folks!

Ended with 38,564,769 GEMZ sold for 2,600 BTC, or $725,000 (even with this BTC price @ $278). Thank you all for your support! This has been an incredible outpour from the community.

Wow!!! Grin

EDIT: My congratulations, of course. Smiley Do you plan to web an announcement so I can tweet it & add to Facebook?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 07:35:00 PM

Microsoft with an annual revenue of $86 billion accepted bitcoin, and thinking of whatsapp going to add crypto technology is dreaming on? now why would i believe the words of a guy who supports pay coin and got burned on it and has been losing for the last 8 months?

Whatsapp has 600+ million userbase. Tell me why the hell would they add crypto? So they can get everyone from btctalk? lol. Everyone already uses Whatsapp they don't need these gimmicks

On this point, you should really Google the book The Innovator's Dilemma. Breakthrough technologies in established industries often succeed by starting off in markets that the big players ignore. Those markets are where the innovator establishes a base: in particular, a critical mass of loyal and satisfied customers plus a solid reputation.

What makes this model work time after time is that the biggies think that the niche soon to be dominated by the breakthrough technology is too small to go after! As a result, the new innovator can grow, fine-tune and improve without worrying about the big players squashing it.

If you're a small fish, you can eat well by chomping on the food that the big fish considers to be too small to be worth the effort. In that way, you can grow your expertise and reputation as a food-catcher before you grow big enough to compete with the biggie.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 07:43:17 PM

Don't forget advertisers PAY YOU, that is the edge that users of Whatsapp and facebook will never have!!!!!

It's even better than you say. Whatsapp et. al. depend on ad revenue going to themselves for their value as companies.

So, in a very real way, Whatsapp can't compete with GEMZ. If they tried adapting the GEMZ model whole cloth, they'd kill their own revenue stream! The only way they could is by coming up with a kludge like a "profit-sharing" coin: even that hack would still cut into their earnings by the profit-sharing %age.

Facebook is a well-known public company, which means it has to answer to Wall Street. If you were a stock analyst, how would you react to a Facebook announcement that says they're going to be cutting into their own earnings by issuing a profit-sharing coin? If you have any common sense, you'll hastily whip up an "update" full of diplo-speak that says "dump Facebook now" to those in the know.

And Facebook knows this. They have to answer to their new Wall Street masters. Grin

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 07:45:01 PM

If they add the option, which I'm sure they will, to send bitcoins/gemz then people could use this wallet to pay for things in the future. 

You said Gems might be worth a few cents.  Maybe at first, but if the market cap grows, they could be worth real money and able to transfer larger amounts of money. 

I have kids, imagine if they are at the movies with their friends and you can just send them the gems then the could use them to pay for things on the fly.  Or I think it could be huge for college kids sending money to each other or getting money from parents.

This will definitely be the way future, the only question is are we too early??

Better early than late. The earlier you are, the more time you have to iron out the bugs and come up with improvements - not to mention, build up a good reputation. The more time you have, the better a competitor you'd be when it's finally time to square off against the big boys.

frontier8

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:07:06 PM

dont understand why people buy this Chinese shits ?? Huh Huh

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:25:15 PM

That is nice, but I am wondering if this is going to make the difference. For a few free tokens probably worth a few cents, would you as an uninterested average Joe download that App?

The average Joe will switch, when he sees his friends switching. Once switched, he might enjoy the extra benefits Gems is offering and keep using it. This consolidation is also ultra important.

A strategy could be to create a momentum, where people en masse switch without even understanding why. Just following the masses. If that is your strategy, you should think about ways to create this momentum. Not easy, but worth the thinking.

If the transfer from users from Whatsapp to Gems is going to be slow, you have a few disadvantages:

- You give time to Whatsapp and other competitors to catch up
- You don't create the impulse, probably needed to get average joe on board
- People won't talk about/it won't be covered a lot in the media

So I hope for a quick adoption Smiley

Great point, when whatsApp went down for four hours, nearly 5 million people signed up for messaging service telegram. The app rocketed to the top of the app store charts.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:31:35 PM

Don't forget advertisers PAY YOU, that is the edge that users of Whatsapp and facebook will never have!!!!!

It's even better than you say. Whatsapp et. al. depend on ad revenue going to themselves for their value as companies.

So, in a very real way, Whatsapp can't compete with GEMZ. If they tried adapting the GEMZ model whole cloth, they'd kill their own revenue stream! The only way they could is by coming up with a kludge like a "profit-sharing" coin: even that hack would still cut into their earnings by the profit-sharing %age.

Facebook is a well-known public company, which means it has to answer to Wall Street. If you were a stock analyst, how would you react to a Facebook announcement that says they're going to be cutting into their own earnings by issuing a profit-sharing coin? If you have any common sense, you'll hastily whip up an "update" full of diplo-speak that says "dump Facebook now" to those in the know.

And Facebook knows this. They have to answer to their new Wall Street masters. Grin

Indeed i don't see them doing what Gems does, not because they wouldn't want to, but they simply can't. This reward value model Gems is implementing doesn't currently have any competitors, Gems is chewing away this business model with nobody else taking a part of it, that's why this needs as much a promotion as possible. It's the first to have such attention based economy or value 3.0 project implemented in a messenger service. Getting free GEMZ which basically is money should be very attractive to especially teens. That's why marketing this outside the crypto space is important aswell.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:02:41 PM

But it is at first, that people need to adopt it to get the ball rolling Wink
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:16:15 PM

Who sells Gemz here Huh? Gemz even if they are not available with KOINIFY Huh? But until 10th of January. This is where someone has already Gemz on sale? https://alts.trade/trade/GEMZ/BTC
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:10:26 PM

^

Gemz aren't released yet, i don't know what that is maybe another alt or something?
flapman1

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:25:08 PM

Someone had a good idea for a scam.  They cloned up a shitcoin, called in Gemz and then got that shitexchange to list it.  The unknowing will flock in thinking they're buying the real Gemz, it will pump and then dump when the scammers shit out the huge pre-mine they're sure to have in the fake gemz coin. Off they'll go to cocaine and hookers land along with the owners of that bogus exchange.  God this "industry" could do with some regulation.

Here's the real info from the Koinify site:

Withdrawal of GEMZ tokens will be re-enabled in your Koinify wallet on January 10th. It will also include 2-factor authentication to ensure security when withdrawing of tokens.

^

Gemz aren't released yet, i don't know what that is maybe another alt or something?
ALTS.Trade

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:36:44 PM

We own 10 GEMZ for testing purposes only, this is REAL GEMZ (XCP ASSET).
Who sells Gemz here Huh? Gemz even if they are not available with KOINIFY Huh? But until 10th of January. This is where someone has already Gemz on sale? https://alts.trade/trade/GEMZ/BTC
ALTS.Trade

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:44:12 PM

I would ask you to get your facts straight first before you go and make accusations about some scams and name calling us a "shitexchange".
We were given 10 GEMZ by the OP for testing purposes only.
http://blockscan.com/address?q=1GCVo5E3nLeKPdT62NwybnNFxXquRv3hsc

Someone had a good idea for a scam.  They cloned up a shitcoin, called in Gemz and then got that shitexchange to list it.  The unknowing will flock in thinking they're buying the real Gemz, it will pump and then dump when the scammers shit out the huge pre-mine they're sure to have in the fake gemz coin. Off they'll go to cocaine and hookers land along with the owners of that bogus exchange.  God this "industry" could do with some regulation.

Withdrawal of GEMZ tokens will be re-enabled in your Koinify wallet on January 10th. It will also include 2-factor authentication to ensure security when withdrawing of tokens.

^

^

TomKoinify

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:34:31 AM

Pretty cool, Daniel on the news!

ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:36:17 AM

I bought in the presale but I actually don't like how the team is taking the project
ALTS.Trade

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:43:41 AM

Yeah it was a good interview, Daniel handled it very well.
Pretty cool, Daniel on the news!

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:53:00 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 02:09:13 AM by reRaise

That's freakin awesome Daniel
flapman1

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:29:48 AM

I won't be apologizing. I suspect your whole exchange is a fake front. There's hardly any coins and no volume whatsoever. You were given 10 gems to "test" which I'm sure doesn't mean post them up to a bogus website and have people thinking you're Bittrex (which has scammy aspects as well but at least seems to actually exist.) This is even if those 10 coins for sale are really the Gems you were given and not something you had cloned up. Who would know the difference until Jan. 10th? I for one am bloody tired of scammers leeching onto good projects and sucking the life out. Luckily I have friends out beyond Bitcointalk to spread the word far and wide for people to keep their distance from your lot. Just bugger off and buy some Paycoin.

I would ask you to get your facts straight first before you go and make accusations about some scams and name calling us a "shitexchange".
We were given 10 GEMZ by the OP for testing purposes only.
http://blockscan.com/address?q=1GCVo5E3nLeKPdT62NwybnNFxXquRv3hsc

^

^

public_key

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:44:40 AM

Be alert!! This chinese coin is very likely to be a scam!!!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: