Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:01:31 PM

i downloaded the new android wallet, put in my username and my secret words, pressed check mark, put in a new 4 digit pin and got:

"api server" connection error asking me if i am connected to the internet... right after i connected to the internet to download the app...

now i get a bunch of what looks like json txt that basically says "server not caught up"

regarding the name... i think the issue was the number of other apps with "gems" in it, however perhaps "gemz" would be better. 

probably best to engage someone that is an expert in marketing of apps in the itunes store and android market place.

at the end of the day however the name doesn't really matter.  one can argue that something like whatsapp sounds retarded  (that was my initial thought when i heard of it) and telegr.am sounds like something for my great grandfather.

so getgems sounds kinda dumb, but it is so simple most people will get that the point of the app is to get gems.... duh.... works for the KISS principle
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:04:30 PM

You need to make settings to change header color in app, i dont like this girly pink color.

Same thing,  i would like to have option to change it  Smiley

or is it???

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:57:29 PM

Dude pink is the shit, you gotta be smart. This attract the ladies bro, the first time you can get laid with Crypto  Wink
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:42:38 PM

Likely a set of dumb questions, but here goes: Does Counterparty have a completely internal exchange like Nxt's Asset Exchange? If so, will GEMZ be on it - and can it be fully accessed with Counterparty's standard web wallet & block explorer?

Thanks. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ALTS.Trade

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:26:41 AM

There is DEX on the Counterparty platform however it was disabled about a month ago, don't remember exact reasons, other than that the standard web wallet and block explorer (blockscan.com ) applies to GEMZ.
Likely a set of dumb questions, but here goes: Does Counterparty have a completely internal exchange like Nxt's Asset Exchange? If so, will GEMZ be on it - and can it be fully accessed with Counterparty's standard web wallet & block explorer?

Thanks. Smiley
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 12:56:09 AM

There is DEX on the Counterparty platform however it was disabled about a month ago, don't remember exact reasons, other than that the standard web wallet and block explorer (blockscan.com ) applies to GEMZ.

Thanks. Smiley

Okay; thanks. So there is no internal Counterparty exchange at the moment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:08:18 AM

Thanks. Smiley

The counterparty DEX is working just fine now, however, they did disable direct trading to BTC. Most likely, there will be a GEMZ/XCP pair available though. which would mean you first have to have some XCP in order to buy GEMZ on the DEX.

There is some manual way to trade vs BTC still available, described somewhere on the counterparty blog, but it seems a bit cumbersome for people to actually use that option. Once other exchanges list GEMZ it should not be a problem to buy them with BTC and then move them into counterwallet. I hope that melotic, BTer and/or Poloniex will be the first enabled exchanges.
susu

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:14:20 AM

GEMS Chinese website provides gems app Download:www.getgems.cn

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:47:47 AM

Thanks. Smiley

The counterparty DEX is working just fine now, however, they did disable direct trading to BTC. Most likely, there will be a GEMZ/XCP pair available though. which would mean you first have to have some XCP in order to buy GEMZ on the DEX.

There is some manual way to trade vs BTC still available, described somewhere on the counterparty blog, but it seems a bit cumbersome for people to actually use that option. Once other exchanges list GEMZ it should not be a problem to buy them with BTC and then move them into counterwallet. I hope that melotic, BTer and/or Poloniex will be the first enabled exchanges.

Direct BTC was disabled temporarily pending improvements to the order flow (specifically btcpay)
The rest of the internal exchange works perfectly, with CounterParty's standard web wallet & block explorer using it's own currency (XCP). much like using NXT's own currency

However it would be fairy trivial to allow users to swap their BTC for a 'CounterParty-BTC' that would be natively escrowable by the CounterParty protocol. (Hence no concern about private key management) It's essentially a 1-1 virtual BTC through a vending machine that can be redeemed back to 'real' BTC at any time.

See: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/bitcoinexxcp-and-the-counterparty-gateway or http://www.vennd.io/

fulcare

Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:06:09 AM

Is there a way to see numbers of running apps/accounts apart from guessing through the App store/Google play/direct downloads?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 04:15:05 AM

Direct BTC was disabled temporarily pending improvements to the order flow (specifically btcpay)
The rest of the internal exchange works perfectly, with CounterParty's standard web wallet & block explorer using it's own currency (XCP). much like using NXT's own currency

Thanks to you both! That's (most of) the info I was looking for.

But just one more question: is there a block explorer that tracks a Counterparty account's buys and sells on the DEX as well as its balance(s)?

Anotheranonlol

Merit: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:36:55 AM

But just one more question: is there a block explorer that tracks a Counterparty account's buys and sells on the DEX as well as its balance(s)?

There is; https://www.blockscan.com/assetInfo/GEMZ

You can click the "AssetHolders" tab to see a list of everyone  who owns that asset, you can then click on any one of those addresses to see there buys and sells of that asset (and any other asset) they have made on the DEX, along with their balances.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 04:38:18 AM

There is; https://www.blockscan.com/assetInfo/GEMZ

You can click the "AssetHolders" tab to see a list of everyone  who owns that asset, you can then click on any one of those addresses to see there buys and sells of that asset (and any other asset) they have made on the DEX, along with their balances.

Okay, thanks to you too. Smiley

Everething

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

Futurest

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:43:36 AM

I just introduced Getgems to r/Androidapps http://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/2rqo88/gems_to_decentralize_social_network_messaging_and/

Supports would be welcome

Supported... and like I said, my sister understands getgems.  If you've ever seen all your friends' and families' eye's glaze over at the mere mention of the word block or market or decentralised then you will, without question, understand that if my sister gets THIS then we've pretty much made it into the mainstream.  2015 is going to be crazy
fulcare

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:55:27 AM

I'm wondering why the review counter on Google Play went rapidly up to 62 reviews and hasnt moved for at least the last two days I've looked.

If you look a very rough theory I have is that reviews are nearly always 1/10 of downloads. Check the theory out it almost always is true. This makes we wonder if downloads have stalled at such a low level??? Did I just invest in the new NXTTY?  Cry

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:11:16 PM

I just introduced Getgems to r/Androidapps http://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/2rqo88/gems_to_decentralize_social_network_messaging_and/

Supports would be welcome

Supported... and like I said, my sister understands getgems.  If you've ever seen all your friends' and families' eye's glaze over at the mere mention of the word block or market or decentralised then you will, without question, understand that if my sister gets THIS then we've pretty much made it into the mainstream.  2015 is going to be crazy

The Thread was caught by the spam filter because of the links inside, i asked the admins to approve it or if i can repost it again.
reRaise

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:21:16 PM

I'm wondering why the review counter on Google Play went rapidly up to 62 reviews and hasnt moved for at least the last two days I've looked.

If you look a very rough theory I have is that reviews are nearly always 1/10 of downloads. Check the theory out it almost always is true. This makes we wonder if downloads have stalled at such a low level??? Did I just invest in the new NXTTY?  Cry

You are one annoying fella, been whining from the very first beginning, not all features have been implemented yet, been just out for a week, iOS hasn't been out yet. Also you 1/10 theory is bullshit, i see apps with 600 review and between 50k - 100k downloads. Take a hike man seriously or go invest in "get rich quick" scam coins.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:53:41 PM

Even if it are only a few 100 downloads, I think that is a lot for an app that hasn't been finished yet and is still in its beta phase.
And don't go on a killing spree as if you are playing a FPS here. I'm an investor and no gameplaying kiddo.
fulcare

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:00:26 PM

Even if it are only a few 100 downloads, I think that is a lot for an app that hasn't been finished yet and is still in its beta phase.
And don't go on a killing spree as if you are playing a FPS here. I'm an investor and no gameplaying kiddo.

let's see if we can have a civilized rational discussion here.

With all due respect it's not really in a beta state, it's a fully functioning app that won't really be changed apart from the actual Gems being implemented. Of course that's important but with an already base of investors you would think they would of invited people and even they would of invited other people by now. Maybe some are holding back invite friends until the airdrop or Gems is available? I'm still worried after watching NXTTY just stall at 1,000-5,000 downloads. This app really needs to be a viral instant fire catching phenonomen or it kind of dies of the vine pretty quickly. I honestly expected to be at least 1,000-5,000 by now.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
reRaise

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:09:45 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 01:34:51 PM by reRaise

If you look a very rough theory I have is that reviews are nearly always 1/10 of downloads. Check the theory out it almost always is true. This makes we wonder if downloads have stalled at such a low level??? Did I just invest in the new NXTTY?  Cry

You are one annoying fella, been whining from the very first beginning, not all features have been implemented yet, been just out for a week, iOS hasn't been out yet. Also you 1/10 theory is bullshit, i see apps with 600 review and between 50k - 100k downloads. Take a hike man seriously or go invest in "get rich quick" scam coins.

I don't know who you are or what you want, but I will find you and I will kill you.

reported, you shouldn't be allowed to be here. You can be tracked down by court order for this and get in trouble, maybe you will.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: