Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:10:03 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 09:37:46 AM by nextgencoin

This is all well and good but I hope the main selling point is free Gems. I really hope iOS and the airdrop is done soon, I was hoping to get a rough timeline for that in the development report. For me it's those two things that hopefully will start the viral party going with this app. Till then I'm sitting on my hands in terms of inviting people.

I admit kind of funneling people into apps does work, I mean that's how FB grabbed people in the first place by giving an email and suddenly it's hard to get out. But I think Recieving Gems will be the thing that gets people to run at the app rather than be dragged or tricked. The price of a Gem is just a couple of cents right?, but if it increases to around 50 cents or even 1$ later when people see that they can recieve a dollar or two over a day or week etc it will be like a modern gold rush. Then the PR will be effortless.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:12:41 AM

@ Daniel Peled

The GIF things works great and is a very cool feature! Smiley Problem is, between me and my friends, or me and my family, we speak Dutch. At the moment these stickers are linked to particular English words. How are you guys going to solve that? Will you make a library of words for every language? Or will you just make a one size fits all library, where by graphics and emoticons users are guided through the library? Still the sticker option would then not work with for instance Dutch or German words, but the user would have to go the library himself.

If you need any help translating the stickers to Dutch words you can always contact me btw.

Keep up the good work!

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:18:29 AM

Sending gifs is pretty cool, app is slowly maturing to that killer IM people want. I might do a bits giveaway from within the app after the airdrop and iOS release. People will have to download the app and join group chat. This way they can experience the next level crypto simplicity.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:47:45 AM

I dont understand this new gif thing. Telegram after i search already has animated gifs. So how is this an achievment  of gems and how will it make telegram users switch?

I feel like people are being misled on here. Gems promised a new app now its a copy and paste job with very littlw chance because of that. This project died the day it decided to copy and paste the entire project. At best this is just an app addon. For that they recieved a million dollars. No app relying on another ever got big.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:29:56 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 01:21:44 PM by reRaise

I dont understand this new gif thing. Telegram after i search already has animated gifs. So how is this an achievment of gems and how will it make telegram users switch?

Uhm no, original Telegram has not the user friendliness of using Gifs Gems has, see this comment to see the difference. Besides that you don't see Telegram making it able to do bitcoin/gemz transactions do you, soon instantly with zero fees, you don't see Telegram rewarding users for participating within the network, you don't see Telegram based on attention economy with an advertisement model planning do you. I love the gifs and stickers addition so does my gf. Sorry but this app is designed to get regular users into the Bitcoin network not just crypto folks. Gems even not complete can already do what 99% of other cryptos can't.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:34:03 PM

Sending gifs is pretty cool, app is slowly maturing to that killer IM people want. I might do a bits giveaway from within the app after the airdrop and iOS release. People will have to download the app and join group chat. This way they can experience the next level crypto simplicity.

How can I join the group chat? Would be fun Smiley
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:51:07 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 01:05:30 PM by Netnox

How can I join the group chat? Would be fun Smiley

I give my username you add me and from there i add people to groupchat, there is room up to 200 people. Imagine how fun it would be. Although i have to send btc to users separately since sending btc in a groupchat is not possible (yet).
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 12:56:40 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 01:08:22 PM by yoyoamigo

I dont understand this new gif thing. Telegram after i search already has animated gifs. So how is this an achievment  of gems and how will it make telegram users switch?

I feel like people are being misled on here. Gems promised a new app now its a copy and paste job with very littlw chance because of that. This project died the day it decided to copy and paste the entire project. At best this is just an app addon. For that they recieved a million dollars. No app relying on another ever got big.

there is a remarkable difference and there is a huge achievement in terms of IM Experience. from a user's point of view, im going to state the difference between the 2 of them:

GetGems has what Telegram has
Whatever you just said about Telegram, GetGems has it too. Go to Gallery and GetGems will have the Search GIF function there.

Context-AwareNew
- Telegram doesn't have it. And this is actually quite a new experience for me personally speaking as an IM user and i believed this is the first IM to have it? correct me if im wrong. So, i type the word 'hello' and instantly, there's already a well prepared set of GIFs for me to use. if i do not wish to use them at all, i just simply carry on typing. the process is smooth and fluid. i have to admit - i was impressed with how everything worked and flowed together. i was thinking there was going to be a lot of hiccups and bugs. BUT i have encountered none so far!!

Instant Live Preview from Grid ViewNew
- when i keyed in 'hello', what appeared before me was 2 rows of GIFs ready to be used. What's better was this - all the GIFs were already running...like a live preview. Instantly, i could just quickly cut to the chase of browsing through all of it and send the one i want to my friend. Do you have any idea what i had to do on Telegram? i had to INDIVIDUALLY view each GIF to see what they were about before choosing the one i want to send to my friend. Each GIF had to load and i had to wait while looking at that grey circle spinning. THAT IS SOOOO TIME CONSUMING and INCONVENIENT! What a hassle...really. It would have been great if i could see what all of them were about from the Grid View.

'Addon' you say??? ITS AN UPGRADE!!! FOR FREE!!! And its not even the main course of this whole entire full course meal that the GetGems Team is working on. This GIF...its gonna get better. i'm sure they are not done with this GIF business yet. lacking lots of content. interface could still use some improvement. and some functions too.

GETGEMS...show them how its done! Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Bitcoinmeetups.org

Activity: 976
Merit: 1002

Bitcoinmeetups.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 12:58:13 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 01:17:07 PM by Bitcoinmeetups.org

This service is not yet available. We are looking for a service provider right now. Next time we post will probably be about a service which is available right now.

Add me on GetGems:

User ID: GetGemsGroups

We have a GetGems group going as well with 22 members.

We also have a lot of fun free services going on in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=948359.msg10425572#msg10425572

Bitcoinmeetups.org: Writing, Blockchain and AI Project Development.
Telegram: Apply to join us here: https://t.me/joinchat/KU7ltBBaG59499AJ0Az4nw
Web: http://www.bitcoinmeetups.org
reRaise

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:17:35 PM

there is a remarkable difference and there is a huge achievement in terms of IM Experience. from a user's point of view, im going to state the difference between the 2 of them:

Whatever you just said about Telegram, GetGems has it too. Go to Gallery and GetGems will have the Search GIF function there.

Context-AwareNew
- Telegram doesn't have it. And this is actually quite a new experience for me personally speaking as an IM user and i believed this is the first IM to have it? correct me if im wrong. So, i type the word 'hello' and instantly, there's already a well prepared set of GIFs for me to use. if i do not wish to use them at all, i just simply carry on typing. the process is smooth and fluid. i have to admit - i was impressed with how everything worked and flowed together. i was thinking there was going to be a lot of hiccups and bugs. BUT i have encountered none so far!!

- when i keyed in 'hello', what appeared before me was 2 rows of GIFs ready to be used. What's better was this - all the GIFs were already running...like a live preview. Instantly, i could just quickly cut to the chase of browsing through all of it and send the one i want to my friend. Do you have any idea what i had to do on Telegram? i had to INDIVIDUALLY view each GIF to see what they were about before choosing the one i want to send to my friend. Each GIF had to load and i had to wait while looking at that grey circle spinning. THAT IS SOOOO TIME CONSUMING and INCONVENIENT! What a hassle...really. It would have been great if i could see what all of them were about from the Grid View.

'Addon' you say??? ITS AN UPGRADE!!! FOR FREE!!! And its not even the main course of this whole entire full course meal that the GetGems Team is working on. This GIF...its gonna get better. i'm sure they are not done with this GIF business yet. lacking lots of content. interface could still use some improvement. and some functions too.

Didn't know this difference, they nailed it for sure.
reRaise

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:25:25 PM

Aniways isn't made by Telegram though and it isn't featured in the original app the majority use, you need to download another one to have this feature.
reRaise

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:30:35 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 01:41:28 PM by reRaise

Add me on GetGems:

Has your username changed to Crystalizer?
Bitcoinmeetups.org

Activity: 976
Merit: 1002

Bitcoinmeetups.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 01:54:02 PM

Add me on GetGems:

Has your username changed to Crystalizer?

I think I am still GetGemsGroups on GetGems and Crystalizer on Telegram.

Bitcoinmeetups.org: Writing, Blockchain and AI Project Development.
Telegram: Apply to join us here: https://t.me/joinchat/KU7ltBBaG59499AJ0Az4nw
Web: http://www.bitcoinmeetups.org
fulcare

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:11:37 PM

Context-AwareNew

My point is some here clearly were thinking the whole GIF in chat was created by Gems. So what they did was hook the existing search to your text which personally I will be looking how to turn off! just cause you can do something doesn't mean it's a good idea! having fucking GIFS pop up everytime I type is not fucking ideal!

Who is this app marketed for 5 year olds? The point is this is susposed to be a sofisticated cryptocurrency app. This is a terrible direction, can I turn this thing off? Personally it ruins the chat experience if not.

Please is there anyone on here with common sense to back me up? The price has already dropped 10% in the last few hours.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:20:05 PM

My point is some here clearly were thinking the whole GIF in chat was created by Gems. So what they did was hook the existing search to your text which personally I will be looking how to turn off! just cause you can do something doesn't mean it's a good idea! having fucking GIFS pop up everytime I type is not fucking ideal!
Who is this app marketed for 5 year olds? The point is this is susposed to be a sofisticated cryptocurrency app. This is a terrible direction, can I turn this thing off? Personally it ruins the chat experience if not.
Please is there anyone on here with common sense to back me up? The price has already dropped 10% in the last few hours.

If you don't like gifs, stop sending it and tell your friends you don't like it but please don't stop people from using gifs.
The average people love gifs, if it wasn't true, why is Internet full of it ?
Gemz is for the mainstream remember ?
In general, everything that the bitcoiner doesn't like should be a good thing.
fulcare

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:26:00 PM

If you don't like gifs, stop sending it and tell your friends you don't like it but please don't stop people from using gifs.
The average people love gifs, if it wasn't true, why is Internet full of it ?
Gemz is for the mainstream remember ?
In general, everything that the bitcoiner doesn't like should be a good thing.

I'm an average user aI think and while I use GIFS sometimes I don't want texting interrupted by THEM FOR FUCKS SAKE, it's a big difference.

So I'll ask again can I actually stop this in the app?, if not then you are filling a clearly well thought out chat app with junk.

Plus geniuses GIFS mainly serve as a public message not a 1 to 1 message. Saying people love GIFS is like an old man say my kids love cartoons, with no nuance about how they use them.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:29:13 PM

I don't want texting interrupted by THEM FOR FUCKS SAKE, it's a big difference.

I don't understand, what interruption ?
fulcare

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:31:21 PM

I don't want texting interrupted by THEM FOR FUCKS SAKE, it's a big difference.

I don't understand, what interruption ?

When I type a fucking GIF option pops up! With the amount of GIFS out there almost any sentence you write will have a fucking GIF request.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fulcare

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:36:33 PM

You can turn it off in the settings section available when the emoticon selection slides pops-up while typing, all the way on right.

As for price -- not sure where you grab your 10% from but the mini buy wall did not move for days, neither did the sell so you must be talking about the 20 Gems being traded in between.

Well at least I can avoid it as I'm sure 90% of users will. The devlopers should be working on iOS and the airdrop not this stuff. If this app needs anything then it needs a calling option like most major apps today.

The hours following this development the price has for the first time dropped under 7000 sats. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
reRaise

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:06:28 PM

You can turn it off in the settings section available when the emoticon selection slides pops-up while typing, all the way on right.

I turned it off to test it, tapped on the setting button on the right side of the gif and put the first option to off (which i think is something with manual), but how do i put it on again?
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: