Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:23:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:35:07 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 04:43:23 PM by reRaise

You can turn it off in the settings section available when the emoticon selection slides pops-up while typing, all the way on right.

I turned it off to test it, tapped on the setting button on the right side of the gif and put the first option to off (which i think is something with manual), but how do i put it on again?

Good one... I have no clue.

When you shut off 'manual suggest content' then no suggestions will pop up, when you put it on off you get a notification 'turning on smarticon can be done in the app settings' although i don't see the option of turning it on, there is 'Enable Animations' but its already enabled while emoticon suggestions is still off, it might be a bug so i submitted a bug report, but if you want to shut it off, i suggest turning off 'auto suggest content' and not 'manual suggest content' since with turning off auto suggest content when you for example type 'hi' no emoticon/gif suggestion will pop up but the word 'hi' will be highlighted in blue, incase you still want an emoticon/gif suggestion you just click on 'hi' and they it will pop up.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:44:49 PM

You can turn it off in the settings section available when the emoticon selection slides pops-up while typing, all the way on right.

I turned it off to test it, tapped on the setting button on the right side of the gif and put the first option to off (which i think is something with manual), but how do i put it on again?

When you shut off 'manual suggest content' then no suggestions will pop up, when you put it on off you get a notification 'turning on smarticon can be done in the app settings' although i don't see the option of turning it on, there is 'Enable Animations' but its already enabled while emoticon suggestions is still off, it might be a bug don't know, but if you want to shut it off, i suggest turning off 'auto suggest content' and not 'manual suggest content' since with turning off auto suggest content when you for example type 'hi' no emoticon/gif suggestion will pop up but the word 'hi' will be highlighted in blue, incase you still want an emoticon/gif suggestion you just click on 'hi' and they it will pop up.

Too complicated for average user. Is a monkey riding a unicycle managing this project?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
reRaise

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:58:35 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 05:11:39 PM by reRaise

When you shut off 'manual suggest content' then no suggestions will pop up, when you put it on off you get a notification 'turning on smarticon can be done in the app settings' although i don't see the option of turning it on, there is 'Enable Animations' but its already enabled while emoticon suggestions is still off, it might be a bug don't know, but if you want to shut it off, i suggest turning off 'auto suggest content' and not 'manual suggest content' since with turning off auto suggest content when you for example type 'hi' no emoticon/gif suggestion will pop up but the word 'hi' will be highlighted in blue, incase you still want an emoticon/gif suggestion you just click on 'hi' and they it will pop up.

Too complicated for average user. Is a monkey riding a unicycle managing this project?

No even a 5 year old can do it. Just shut auto suggest content off.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:02:14 PM

No even a 5 year old can do it. Just shut auto suggest content off.

Are there no native English speakers editing your app text?

"This is how an in message icon should look like:"

sounds like some bad machine translation.

Better options:

"This is how an in message icon should look:"
"This is how an in message icon will look:"
"This is how in message icons appear:"
"In message icon sample:"

etc.

I also think technically "In-message" should be hyphenated in this case as well:

Generally, hyphenate two or more words when they come before a noun they modify and act as a single idea. This is called a compound adjective.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 02:27:07 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 03:06:44 AM by yoyoamigo

When you shut off 'manual suggest content' then no suggestions will pop up, when you put it on off you get a notification 'turning on smarticon can be done in the app settings' although i don't see the option of turning it on, there is 'Enable Animations' but its already enabled while emoticon suggestions is still off, it might be a bug so i submitted a bug report, but if you want to shut it off, i suggest turning off 'auto suggest content' and not 'manual suggest content' since with turning off auto suggest content when you for example type 'hi' no emoticon/gif suggestion will pop up but the word 'hi' will be highlighted in blue, incase you still want an emoticon/gif suggestion you just click on 'hi' and they it will pop up.

Don't feel like reinstalling the app so I'm gonna leave it as it is for now, till the re-enable switch has been found.

The settings for the GIF is called Smarticon. you can find it by going to "Settings" on the left side menu. It's just above "Enable Animations".

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:46:53 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2015, 02:23:13 PM by peled1986

Don't feel like reinstalling the app so I'm gonna leave it as it is for now, till the re-enable switch has been found.

The settings for the GIF is called Smarticon. you can find it by going to "Settings" on the left side menu. It's just above "Enable Animations".

@reRaise thank you for pointing out the bug - we pushed to production a quick fix [android build 2.1.9(412)]
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:13:36 AM

Anyone know how to delete contacts in the app?
Bitcoinmeetups.org

Activity: 976

Bitcoinmeetups.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:47:55 AM

We now have 24 members in our GetGems group. Welcome new members.

If you want to join, PM me in GetGems (User: GetGemsGroups) and remember to share contacts (click upper right corner on the tripple dots ...)

Bitcoinmeetups.org: Writing, Blockchain and AI Project Development.
Telegram: Apply to join us here: https://t.me/joinchat/KU7ltBBaG59499AJ0Az4nw
Web: http://www.bitcoinmeetups.org
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:56:37 AM

- chose the contact you want to delete --> click the top bar (where his name and  picture is) --> click the 3 dots on the right --> chose delete
- other way is to delete the contact from your phone contact list
reRaise

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:45:29 PM

- chose the contact you want to delete --> click the top bar (where his name and  picture is) --> click the 3 dots on the right --> chose delete
- other way is to delete the contact from your phone contact list

Someone in chat said he had multiple 'John Doe' in contact list, don't know why, thought mentioning it.
amytheplanarshift

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:12:20 PM

One of my friends is also "John Doe" although I'm not sure if he was labeled as such before a recent update or not.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
reRaise

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:29:59 PM

One of my friends is also "John Doe" although I'm not sure if he was labeled as such before a recent update or not.

Made report.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:08:03 PM

Anyone knows how long it takes for GEMZ transaction to confirm in the app? And will bitcoin confirmation time stay the same or will is also be faster?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:13:59 PM

Anyone knows how long it takes for GEMZ transaction to confirm in the app? And will bitcoin confirmation time stay the same or will is also be faster?

Until they move to off-chain transactions, it's always going to be based on the bitcoin network, which is about 1 block every 10 minutes. Unless they move to a faster blockchain like Via for example which has 24 second block times.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:35:22 PM

Until they move to off-chain transactions, it's always going to be based on the bitcoin network, which is about 1 block every 10 minutes. Unless they move to a faster blockchain like Via for example which has 24 second block times.

Off-chain makes gemz instant, can bitcoin also be off chain for instant transactions?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:50:11 PM

Off-chain makes gemz instant, can bitcoin also be off chain for instant transactions?

Sure, why not. Coinbase, Circle, Bitpay and some other online wallets do off chain, instant transactions.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:35:38 PM

It seems like GIF results only come up for keywords that have a sticker as well. I see the GIF search is powered by GIPHY, so would it be possible to do a GIF keyword search any time an individual word is input? I noticed a lot of things that don't have GIF results that probably could/should, because they don't have an associated sticker. Or maybe you could have a separate button to press if you want to insert a GIF based on an input word if it would be too much of a strain on data to auto-search after every word input. Just some suggestions because I would love to see more capabilities in this GIF area.

Agreed, i would love to see more possibilities in this area. Please make it happen.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:06:25 AM

As much as I love Gems, I am sort of wondering why they're working on these emoticons and not on the iPhone version. 

I have been using the old version and texting a few of my android friends and sending them gems.  To me, it is already the best messaging app in the world.  We just need the iPhone version so it can be used by everyone!

I think there will be time for cute little emoticons later.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
amytheplanarshift

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:52:19 AM

As much as I love Gems, I am sort of wondering why they're working on these emoticons and not on the iPhone version. 

I have been using the old version and texting a few of my android friends and sending them gems.  To me, it is already the best messaging app in the world.  We just need the iPhone version so it can be used by everyone!

They have said that they are working on the iPhone version but it's taking longer than they'd like because Telegram is not updating their iPhone source with things they need, so they are having to make a lot of changes themselves. I think there is probably time in their day to both add stickers and work on the iPhone version.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 05:51:49 AM

I have been using the old version and texting a few of my android friends and sending them gems.  To me, it is already the best messaging app in the world.  We just need the iPhone version so it can be used by everyone!

I hope the app doesn't become too cluttered.

Saying that I live in Korea and would love it if Gemz developed later into something like Kaotalk. I don't know much about messenger apps but there seems a lot of room for expansion once you get users onboard. I think Kaotalk has separate apps though. I wonder if the Gems team have a product they want to emulate or have a separate vision? Will the app ever get a calling option?

http://www.kakao.com/

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: