Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:14:36 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 01:32:52 AM by Netnox

Over 25 million GEMZ sold! Nice work marketing team!

Peled and the team you have run a very solid campaign. I hope this means your team will be as efficient getting the app to the masses! You had a lot of money betting against you could not break 1500. I would expect to see some of that capital coming into the sale now.

We have come a long way and today's announcement of breaking the 1500 btc goal is a major milestone. We could not have done it without all of you.

coinbrief: "Currently Social Media is anything but our’s. There is a saying “if a product is free you are the product” and this is now the case with Social Media": http://coinbrief.net/gems-bringing-crypto-to-everyone/

Impressed on how things are going so far, the app is revolutionary enough to be successful. It all comes down to marketing, the Gems team has done pretty well and i hope apart from community support they get themselves some tight connections (which seems they have the ability), partnerships and aiming to get mainstream coverage. This concept is very consumer friendly so it's easier to promote and understand for the common person

Good news will be coming out today!

Looking forward to it

There was a prediction whether Gems would reach 1500 btc https://www.fairlay.com/event/category/bitcoin/altcoins/
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:26:16 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 01:37:01 AM by peled1986

Gems will be available in iTunes December 30th. It will be available for Android by May. To make it an even playing field referral rewards will not start until both apps are released.

If the airdrops start with the Android release in May, what happens if you sign someone up before May? Would it be best to wait until May to add your friends in order to collect a portion of the airdrops? I don't recall this being covered.

Congratulations on over 25 million GEMZ sold. I'm watching Gems with great anticipation!

The team is discussing this subject and will also like to hear feedback from the community.
(Android release will be done before May, more information with an updated ETA will be given asap).  
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:42:46 AM

Gems will be available in iTunes December 30th. It will be available for Android by May. To make it an even playing field referral rewards will not start until both apps are released.

If the airdrops start with the Android release in May, what happens if you sign someone up before May? Would it be best to wait until May to add your friends in order to collect a portion of the airdrops? I don't recall this being covered.

Congratulations on over 25 million GEMZ sold. I'm watching Gems with great anticipation!

The team is discussing this subject and will also like to hear feedback from the community.
(Android release will be done before May, more information with an updated ETA will be given asap).  

Airdrops and rewards should be implemented ASAP to grow the network.

Months of waiting to achieve parity between the mobile platforms sounds illogical and risky. There are plenty of social apps that flourished on one platform before being ported to the other.

How does holding back iOS users contribute to the success of Gems?

As an Android user, that's my 2 cents.

SkryptoDude

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:09:59 AM

Airdrops and rewards should be implemented ASAP to grow the network.

Months of waiting to achieve parity between the mobile platforms sounds illogical and risky. There are plenty of social apps that flourished on one platform before being ported to the other.

How does holding back iOS users contribute to the success of Gems?

As an Android user, that's my 2 cents.

I totally agree. There will be a few android users who will complain that it's not fair. But, IMO, it would be best for Gems. After all, there's plenty of time to switch to an iphone before December 30th.   Grin
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:05:52 AM

Here's my argument for mot holding back and waiting for Android. Firstly timing is really important in tech and apps generally, a few months latter we might have a few competitors and also any website app etc cannot afford to not go out of the gates running a half completed concept means this will just be a simple app, so marketing won't have the power of saying you can earn coins from just using it.

Early investors here will have friends added from any new downloads who haven't come from referrals so for most here it's better to worry more about the success of the app generally than having an iPhone. All people need is an OS device, an iPad, or even a crappy older itouch should run the app. So people should take that into consideration and IF they have invested a lot then they can buy a cheap apple device, even a 2nd gen I touch might run the apps?, less than $100. Plus a few months isnt much of you compare with the three years of airdrops.

Also is this a solution. Is it possible to vary the airdrop between devices? Prob not?

If it was possible you could decrease the airdrop for OS and then boost it for Android for the first few months? Or maybe just have a simple first 3 months boost for any new users Android or OS which would level the playing field some.

One more solution that is probably a much easier to implement is to have a much smaller airdrop for first few months, maybe 10,000 or even 5,000 a day would be fine, it's more the principle of having the app and airdrop running from the start. Good solution?

My 2 cents from an IPad owner.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:40:42 AM

All people need is an OS device, an iPad, or even a crappy older itouch should run the app. So people should take that into consideration and IF they have invested a lot then they can buy a cheap apple device, even a 2nd gen I touch might run the apps?, less than $100. Plus a few months isnt much of you compare with the three years of airdrops.

Well this is not exact. It depends of the last supported iOS version of your Apple device.
See here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_iOS#Current_versions

I've got the first iPad and the last supported version is 5.1.1 from May 7, 2012. Nothing can be installed on it any more, not even the updates from the apps that where working before.

What is the lowest compatible iOS version that GEMS support ?

PS : I am not complaining about releasing on iOS before Android, I'll buy a recent second hand Apple device if needed and sell it after when Android is released. I just need to know the supported iOS version.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:45:31 AM

All people need is an OS device, an iPad, or even a crappy older itouch should run the app. So people should take that into consideration and IF they have invested a lot then they can buy a cheap apple device, even a 2nd gen I touch might run the apps?, less than $100. Plus a few months isnt much of you compare with the three years of airdrops.

Well this is not exact. It depends of the last supported iOS version of your Apple device.

I've got the first iPad and the last supported version is 5.1.1 from May 7, 2012. Nothing can be installed on it any more, not even the updates from the apps that where working before.

Hence the questions mark. But the point is worth making as many Android phone users have an OS device.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:53:09 AM

Just wanted to repeat this as it might be buried in my other points but how about having a lower airdrop for the first few months before Android on the OS?

May is what 5 months? 5 months of 5,000 GEMZ would just be the same as only one month of lost airdrops (as a worse case senario for those without an OS a device) which is hardly something to get upset about.

If this is possible it seems a good solution. I think waiting till May would be a mistake. I've watched Qora for the last 6 months make mistakes due to timing, I don't want GEMS to do the same.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:46:35 AM

This looks very interesting, you don't see dev teams actual identities in alts at all besides the veri few. Im wondering though if the ico is over lets say on dec 15th, when will the market be open for trading? And when it is open for trading, does that mean there will be no actual app for 2 weeks until the 30th?

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:34:16 AM

Congrats to >1500!

Allthough, I did not expect less Smiley

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 11:29:33 AM

a lot of popular services started only with iphone's back in the day, i think even instagram if i recall.  although people did not get a token benefit they did get social benefits from owning an ios device and being able to participate.

i do not think you should wait, because the ultimate responsibility comes to the people who already own GEMS now. we want to see this project grow and understand if the concept it works sooner rather than later.  potential GEM owners come second.  that is just reality of life.

if we have to wait until May to know if these incentives are working that introduces risk for the success of the project in the form of not only not being able to tweak and change the gamification of this for 5 months which is a very very long time,also with that time period introduces risk in that a competitor could enter the field and take over the iOS market before you have a chance to do anything.

just make sure that the airdrops cover the total number of smart phone devices planned to be used around the works in 24 months.

maybe you can email Mary Meeker at KPCB and ask her what that number would be of active devices

http://www.kpcb.com/internet-trends
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:37:40 PM

This looks very interesting, you don't see dev teams actual identities in alts at all besides the veri few. Im wondering though if the ico is over lets say on dec 15th, when will the market be open for trading? And when it is open for trading, does that mean there will be no actual app for 2 weeks until the 30th?

Crowdsale ends Jan 5th, i believe market will be open after that, not 100% sure. Gems app it self will be released Dec 30th, don't know if it's beta or final
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:36:50 PM

What if the marketing is postponed until near to the Android launch? Nobody can create a wonderful app like Gems within 3 months and they don't have resources(Funding, seasoned developers and a face behind it) like what Gems has now. I remember Daniel Peled saying in an interview that they have been working on GEMS since April or May 2014. You can't expect each investor to go around and shop for a new/used I-phone.
I really hope that Daniel sticks to his earlier words and start airdrops on both the apps at the same time. I say that-release a basic app to show the investors or don't release anything at all on the 30th(Believers will surely stick around and speculators can trade until the airdrops). Put together a solid developer team(After all you live in the Silicon valley of the east) and nail down both the apps until March. The marketing can be started around February.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
KLONE::Vader

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:42:45 PM

i cant see any advantage in waiting for android...

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:43:47 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 04:19:04 PM by Netnox

What if the marketing is postponed until near to the Android launch? Nobody can create a wonderful app like Gems within 3 months and they don't have resources(Funding, seasoned developers and a face behind it) like what Gems has now. I remember Daniel Peled saying in an interview that they have been working on GEMS since April or May 2014. You can't expect each investor to go around and shop for a new/used I-phone.
I really hope that Daniel sticks to his earlier words and start airdrops on both the apps at the same time. I say that-release a basic app to show the investors or don't release anything at all on the 30th(Believers will surely stick around and speculators can trade until the airdrops). Put together a solid developer team(After all you live in the Silicon valley of the east) and nail down both the apps until March. The marketing can be started around February.

Gems - messaging that rewards it's users, lets say common users are going to use it but don't receive rewards, wouldn't they be let down?

You can't expect each investor to go around and shop for a new/used I-phone.

The app is not just for investors, there are millions of iPhone users which are the common person which the app is aiming for.
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:04:03 PM

Gems - messaging that rewards it's users, lets say common users are going to use it but don't receive rewards, wouldn't they be let down?

So both the apps can be released on the same date with full features. Common users won't have to complain about anything, will they?
The app is not just for investors, there are millions of iPhone users which are the common person which the app is aiming for.
You understand these investors will be the first adopters who'll be spreading the word on Gems to the common people right? And there are 900 million android devices sold till date too. I don't understand why you guys want to rush everything for such a huge/promising project?

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:14:47 PM

So both the apps can be released on the same date with full features. Common users won't have to complain about anything, will they?
You understand these investors will be the first adopters who'll be spreading the word on Gems to the common people right? And there are 900 million android devices sold till date too. I don't understand why you guys want to rush everything for such a huge/promising project?

I would be fine with it being released at the same time, but changing plans and postponing things usually goes along with disappointments and criticism. I understand that Android has a huge amount of users, but so does iOS.

I would rather have it being released on the 30th and wait for the airdrop on a later date than it being postponed, but it should be made clear for the common person not just investors that the airdrop/reward will start on a later date so people don't get disappointed.

Besides i think for sending unsolicited messages you will still get rewarded because i would have to buy Gemz (which is possible without the airdrop) to make it happen. Airdrop i think is for inviting users to the network
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

I think MOMENTUM is very important for a coin or project. Even exciting projects and coins can in a short time seem old and tired. Most coins price and 'Buzz' are established in the first month or two of their life. I'm not saying that will be the case for GEMS but why take the risk. I worked out that roughly for every BTC someone invested in the ICO's assuming its sold out only amounts to about 7-8 coins a day in airdrops. Or look at it this way if Android is worse case scenario 5 months behind OS then we are talking about 31 months for airdrops compared to 36 for OS, its not a tragedy.

Bigger picture we can't worry about early investors as we already have a massive advantage and if we are concerned about Android users unable to use the app what about OS users who never hear about the app? Basically half the world. Smiley The idea of fairness is stupid, its annoying I didn't know about Bitcoin when it launched but I wouldn't say that its unfair. You want to make your own luck get an OS device it will pay for itself in GEMS.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:07:12 PM

Hence the questions mark. But the point is worth making as many Android phone users have an OS device.

Why not just make a web app?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:49:00 PM

Why not just make a web app?

You would need a full time dev specialized in web.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: