Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:53:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:23:01 PM

For those in the US to report unsafe products.  You can report anonymously if you prefer.  The option is given at the end of the survey.

https://www.saferproducts.gov/CPSRMSPublic/Incidents/ReportIncident.aspx

I would advise people who submit anything through that link to use a throwaway email and throwaway password because the security on that site is horrendous:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=saferproducts.gov

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:23:39 PM

Oh thank god I jumped ship and took the chips to built by Marto, this is a joke! By the way you have to respect the guts of BA,
1. They miss they're ship date by 7 months
 2 they lie all the way through it
 3 they send an exploding product when they said they that one of the pro's of waiting 7 months past due is non exploding products
4 they blame YOU for RUSHING them!
Rushing them, oh come on now the original ship date was february guys.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Only difference for me was thank God I got a refund from Minersource.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:23:56 PM

Another excuse, BA how lame!!

ugabuga, on 02 Sept 2014 - 6:44 PM, said:

I'm confused .... after all the "stuff that did not explode" after all, explodes Huh?

can someone explain?

On the hashboard there are no electrolytic capacitors. Everything is solid. They cannot explode with flame.

This 1500uF electrolytic capacitor ended on this board by mistake: We have added it while trying to debug the noise in the SPI and forgot to delete it from the BOM. By the time we got the backplanes they were already mounted. We did not think that it might be a problem and we were pushed by you (customer) to ship asap therefore we have not removed them. Removing them would have caused at least 1 day delay.

We also don't need the 470uF solid capacitors from the backplane.

That is ofcourse bullshit and they know it..
they have a huge problem on their hands cause the machine is CE certified. that means that if something happend house on fire, human electrocution and its caused by the BA miner they are responsible !!

Authorities would ask the TCD files of the miners. (Technicel Construction Dossier) if is not complete our the product did not pass certain test well you will loss your balls ....

it is absolutely bullshit.

so they had this cap that shouldn't have been on the BOM, but was.

and if they're not supposedly doing anything, why was there enough load on them to blow them and start a fire.

these guys are fucked.  these caps are likely indicative of another problem.  just putting bigger/different caps in the system doesn't solve the underlying issue of whatever caused these to fail.

are we supposed to believe that they over-rated every other part BUT the caps so we'll be fine as soon as they upgrade the caps?

BS.  this is more likely a design flaw that goes well beyond the caps.

Feel free to provide better design if you are so proficient, with analysis and free time. Why don't you get one and fix the issue? I love the people that can discuss a lot of things throw crap and stuff but cannot even make their home PC work.
Issue points only at one thing, that it has to be investigated beyond someone pointing a finger and saying "LOOK a problem!", it's like playing captain obvious.
Hope future of the technology does not depend on such people, that are able to make analysis and conclusions based on who knows what.

Good luck anyway.
I encourage everyone to leave trust feedback for this member - informing people of his association with BA.

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:24:42 PM

I messaged Minersource again, asking for an update on the LCD and compensation and to ask for a partial refund due to the lie I was told about my ordered being valued at $100 when it wasn't. So far it seems they dont give a shit and ignoring my emails.

So if anyone is considering buying from minersource, just stop, because as soon as you have an issue. They will ignore you!
You honestly need to file a claim with the FTC to get their attention. Once you have their attention, they can be reasonable people from my experience.

ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Thanks, I will do that later after work. I have had enough of being polite to them about this, I have wrote them long but coherent emails, never threatened them but this is taking the biscuit.

I'm guessing it doesn't matter than I am in the UK? Specifically what part of the website will I be following? Computers section?

Thanks Goozeman
Just do the one about not receiving an online order and no prompt refund was issued. It doesn't matter where you're located, only that the company you're filing a complaint against is under the FTC jurisdiction (which Minersource is).

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:24:58 PM

I've seen consumer alerts on the Consumer Council's site for companies with 70 complaints.  I do not see Black Arrow listed.

is it possible that not even 70 people filed a complaint against Black arrow after all of their actions against customers and all of this time.

the council does take action, will visit the business if it does not respond,  and has legal actions at it's disposal, but they're not going to do much if people don't actually let them know there is a problem.

stop waiting for 'someone else'

they're fucking YOU.  do something about it.

Maybe we can buy their email list like others already?

Then we could notify everyone of the complaint procedure one-shot.
Lol that'd be really genius actually. I wouldn't mind seeing someone do that Tongue

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:25:13 PM

I messaged Minersource again, asking for an update on the LCD and compensation and to ask for a partial refund due to the lie I was told about my ordered being valued at $100 when it wasn't. So far it seems they dont give a shit and ignoring my emails.

So if anyone is considering buying from minersource, just stop, because as soon as you have an issue. They will ignore you!
You honestly need to file a claim with the FTC to get their attention. Once you have their attention, they can be reasonable people from my experience.

ftccomplaintassistant.gov

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:25:23 PM

Another email sent to MS and another no-reply. Getting very very old. Anyone out there fairing any better?
Try calling them. I've heard people have had better luck with that since it's not as easy to ignore a phone call versus an email.

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:25:40 PM

Ref: rent-a-minion.

I have requested a refund and they still have my BTC in the receiving account (check Blockchain.info for yours), not sure why this cant be refunded, it obviously wasn't spent.

There is no way they can build this to get our BTC back. I will wait on my hardware order but obviously this rent a minion isn't standing up until December earliest.

I'm willing to bet they lost the password to their wallet!  Grin

Didn't they have an account at Gox Huh  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Na, they said they used BTC-e, I believe. Regardless, most people claim that their coins are still sitting in the original wallet, so it's a moot point.

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:26:03 PM

Quote from: btmtb on August 04, 2014, 03:29:13 AM
I asked xbtec what the deal connection is and they said:

"Hello there,

1. We have tried to work as the resellers of Black Arrow in Russia but rapidly understood that they are can not produce their hardware in time and stopped all the relations.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/reseller-status-of-xbtek-has-been-canceled.html

2. We have bought the email base from Black arrow. If you do not want to receive information from us, just click on the unsubscribe button in the bottom of the email and we will not disturb you.

Sorry for inconvenience."
(I've added the emphasis)

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Explain yourself Black Arrow.

They're in serious breach of their own terms and conditions, along with the data protection laws of most civilised country's:
"Personal Data
14.1 Personal data provided to Us within the framework of an order for Products will be recorded and processed by Us and may also be transferred to the third party providers (such as hosting providers or payment processing providers) for the execution of the order for Products. The Purchaser hereby consents to such processing of personal data. We are the personal data controller for the personal data that We process. We shall take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Purchasers personal data. You at any time contact Us to receive more information about Our processing of your personal data and to correct any inaccurate personal information.

Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses."
Let's be clear, this company have no get-out under the 'conducting our business or servicing you' as this applies to the execution of the trade in question, such as releasing addresses to the delivery company (DHL/UPS etc) and payment processors for the transactions.
This just never ends. I really hope someone sues blackarrow into oblivion. Never have I been so disgusted by a single company.

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:26:43 PM

I will keep posting. Keep deleting me. We'll see who gets tired first.
I would like to see someone take legal action against these toddler engineers and management at black arrow. Perhaps that guy who is out 25k? Keep us posted.

Everyone should read blackarrow's trust feedback.

It's funny. The more they delete this message, the more exposure it gets, because more people will see it. Alex fucking Sovu should familiarize himself with the Streisand Effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Petition for blackarrow to be on default negative trust list

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712294.msg8045959#msg8045959

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:27:06 PM

Quote from: terrapinflyer on July 29, 2014, 03:23:29 PM
Quote from: blackarrow on July 29, 2014, 03:11:24 PM
Quote from: Mattster28 on July 29, 2014, 02:47:20 PM
Why would a competitor need to try and keep customers away from you? You are doing a DAMN GOOD job of that yourself.

We have always been upfront and never lied to our customers. We always kept them up to date with what is going on.

Regards!

I almost fell out of my chair.
Thank you for leaving this scumbag negative feedback. Finally someone on the default trust list leaving negative feedback is good to see. Cheesy

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:27:20 PM

Quote from: blackarrow on July 29, 2014, 11:20:06 PM
Quote from: greenlion on July 29, 2014, 10:37:19 PM
I'm sorry, but this is just a little too convenient that all of a sudden certain support logins don't work and won't even process a password reset. There is no way that I'm messaging my order information just so you can make good on your earlier threats denying the full compensation.
Everything is a conspiration for you ... The IPS's DNS is down. Can you please try now? We switched to google's dns.
The only person here who is conspiratorial is you, for thinking that anyone who speaks negatively of the infallible, impeccable and omnipotent blackarrow must be getting paid by a competitor. No competitor would pay others to speak negatively of you because your reputation is well known. Other companies are selling their product without needing to shit talk the shit stain of a company Merlion Holdings aka Blackarrow aka Alexandru Ion Sovu - international criminal.
And I fucking dare you to delete this. I'll repost it a million times.

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:27:45 PM

and this is maybe the big surprise? we can play angry birds while hashing?
From the looks of it, they're running Android Honeycomb Huh Black Arrow: Staying ahead of the curve...

goozman96

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:27:58 PM

I never received an email from XBTec. Perhaps because I ordered from Minersource. However, I did receive that one email from Black Arrow about an update not too long ago, so I'm guessing Minersource had passed my email to Black Arrow. Interesting situation indeed..

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:33:56 AM

How 'splitting' it does makes sense is that by shipping the bulk of orders now the liability is greatly reduced, reducing the likelihood that people will organize to chase them down for comp unit that's pretty much worth next to nothing anyhow a few months from now.

I think that's exactly right, getting convinced to accept shipment without compensation (i.e. their price-matching promise prior to any orders even being placed) takes you out of the refund game entirely.

I think it's worth re-iterating, Black Arrow is obligated to refund your order if you request it. A pre-order is a pre-order, not a "I'm-going-to-do-whatever-I-want-with-your-money-go-fuck-yourself"-order.

yep, I think this promise of compensation is an outright lie.  I think price matching was an outright lie all along.  I think their telling people they would refund their money was an outright lie all along.  They can easily disprove any of those opinions by simply delivering on these things, although I'm not holding my breath.

think of a promise they've actually kept to the aggregate group of customers that would cost them a dime.  I can't think of one.  not a single one. 

I can tick off several major ones broken, not to mention shipping dates, facility capacity, etc., etc., etc., but I cannot think of one they've kept to their customers en masse. 

are we supposed to believe that it's just been a string of unlikely events totally beyond their control or is it more likely that this was a strategy that utilized bad faith dealings to string people along?  I'll let people decide that for themselves, I guess.

Pentax

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:36:35 AM

But wait, there's more!

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/14nm-bitcoin-asic-announcement.html

So ... do we get some free units of these for our trouble??  We paid "helped" to pay for this development after all.....

Haha what a fuckin' joke!

"Black Arrow Ltd has already a proven track record in successfully manufacture Bitcoin mining hardware at extremely competitive prices using shorter full lifecycle than their competition without compromising the top quality required the highly-competitive niche market."

Are these dicks on the same planet as us? Successfully manufacture? Extremely competitive prices? Just piss off and go bankrupt already you criminals

proven track record?   of what, exactly?  their miners are now 6 months late because they had one issue after the next, they're no longer price competitive at time of delivery, don't have a snowball's chance in hell of ROI'ing, and they're starting on fire.

what they have proven is that they will tell people anything to get their money and then break those promises when it suits them.

remember this one?

If you are guaranteeing prices then what's the point of preorders?  Basically the people preordering now are giving you a free loan because come february everyone gets the same price anyways.  The only benefit of preordering now is if the buyer thinks that you won't have to lower prices and the current price will end up being less then market prices for similar devices at the time of shipping.

Customers who pre-order and pay now have 25% discount. Our promise is that we will ensure that customers who preorder now will always get a better deal than customers who order later.

At the same time we promise that our prices will be below market price at the time we ship.

This means that customers that preorder now will have considerable lower market prices by the time that we ship which puts them in advantage towards anybody else.

Unless Bitcoin mining stops because it becomes unprofitable for everybody else in February, our customers WILL make profit.

or this?

After a whole year of this ASIC preordering phenomenon/fiasco somehow it's starting to feel like the companies will promise you anything and everything just to get your money.  Even if it makes no sense.  What's the point of them getting capital now if they guarantee to drop the prices to whatever the market price will be in the future and have to return most of that capital?  I don't mind gambling but when the gamble is just some vague guarantee promise that isn't rooted in reality that's just one more hurdle to overcome besides the fact of sending non refundable to btc to some outfit in china and hoping for the best on a proposition that's many months away.

Everybody until now sold you hardware that they knew that you're going to loose money because 1 month later they announced something faster at a better price.
We are guaranteeing that this won't happen with us: If we drop the price you'll get even faster hardware, keeping you in front of everybody else.

or this?

I'd like to make sure I understand what you are guaranteeing.  You are saying that if I preorder now I am guaranteed a price 25% below market price.  How will market price be defined?  

Yes, you are guaranteed to get a price 25% below the market price ($/ghash) at the time of shipment.
And yes, we will keep our prices below every other company.

Bottom line is, whoever trusts us now, we promise that will help them to mine profitably after February as well. If you keep supporting other companies who have ripped you off until now, you'll barely get your ROI back.

Pentax

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:51:35 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 02:02:04 AM by Pentax

BA you can keep deleting these posts.

I guess I find it hard to understand why you would delete posts quoting your own words.

well, that's not true.  I do know.

what I also know is that I'll simply keep reposting the good ones here and there so as not to clog up the thread or bury relevant information and when I think that may have happened I'll go back and bring that relevant info back to the front to make sure people see it.

no need to thank me.  I know you'd want customers, prospective customers and potential investors to get the most complete information possible about your fine organization that has broken multiple promises to it's customers and the talented group of engineering professionals that has built a miner that starts on fire when people plug it in.  

I promise to do my best to see that they get that information.  You're welcome.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:03:06 PM

What gets my goat is that BA portrays us like spoiled children who have to wait for their toy to arrive. When that gets old we're investors whose gamble didn't work out; sorry you lose thanks for playing.

We purchased a product with money most of us had to endure wage slavery to obtain. The purchase price was as much as $6,000 for some. The revenue losses are at least $12,000 just mining BTC. This is a time sensitive business machine not a luxury item. We're customers who paid cash for computer hardware not gamblers at an on-line casino.

The X3 will make maybe $7 a day (after power cost) with the next difficulty adjustment (next week) $0/day as it's a fire hazard to leave unattended mining. It's worth less than $1000 $0 for the same reason. Shipping is currently 6 months overdue and being postponed indefinitely. Refunds are being refused.

Stealing peoples money then mailing them incendiary bombs, you guys fucking suck.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:48:02 PM

SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:08:19 PM

From ecointalk:

"All,

Anyone interested in joining a legal action case:

Please send to bitcz@outlook.com the following details:

Order date
Rough figure on how much was spent ( please do not supply order numbers yet..this will be a job for the legals to obtain directly from you )
Contact details ( Email will suffice at this stage )
Brief paragraph outlining steps you have taken to resolve issue with BA directly ( i.e. direct communication, complaint to consumer council, local better business bureau, local state senator etc.. )
Expected resolution that would satisfy you ( i.e. full refund, delivery of goods etc )

I just want to gather enough information to show to the legal team what level of commitment they will have to undertake to start this rolling and how many people will be involved. From this they can gauge how large the suit will be against BA and what it will entail.

Bticz"
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: