Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
btmtb

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:42:54 AM

Now black arrow have decimated their own thread to try and hide the complaints against their possibly negligent incompetency to try and suck up more money from victims at the bitcoinconference that they're just paying to sponsor.  I feel strongly that anyone choosing to do business with them should do so with their eyes open regarding black arrows lack of integrity, honesty and most important total incompetency.
blackarrow should be banned from the forum for abuse of the moderated thread system to try and hide their faults and scam more victims at the conference. This is nothing short of deserving of a scammer tag. Can we make it happen.

Thanks for restoring the comments in here  theymos

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 07:56:13 AM

Scammer tags no longer exist.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:58:09 AM

Scammer tags no longer exist.
My fault, didn't realise this, makes me a little sad, would have been a perfect use-case IMO
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:01:09 AM

Thanks for restoring the comments in here  theymos

I, too, wish to thank theymos for doing this.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 01:06:47 PM

This is pretty repulsive by Black Arrow.  To not only not meet shipping deadlines, lie about compensation, constantly deny any wrongdoing, use customers preorder money to fund other operations like their Scrypt product, ship miners way off their proposed performance mark, ship faulty fire hazard X-3s, now this!

Deleting over 100 pages of comments to try and cover up the long con...conniving bastards.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:37:00 PM

I don't know about those other situations, naturally.

In this case they are deleting posts in the middle of a situation where their miners are starting on fire.

http://ecointalk.net/topic/1348-my-x3-caught-fire/

there are two instances reported on their forum of fires.  not smoke, or the smell of ozone. fire in the cases.

they are denying on facebook that this is happening at all. 

as of yesterday someone is reporting on their forum that they weren't even notified.

from ecointalk:

"Chemek, on 07 Sept 2014 - 5:04 PM, said:
Where the fuck is the warning email? My x3 have been running upp to this very moment, and I accidentally went back to the forum to see what's going on. Are you out of your mind?

In sure there or others customers who received their x3 and are still note informed."

their initial sales pitch on this forum included a promise to price match any competitor at time of shipment.  they reiterated that promise several times.   this critical consumer protection element has since been refused.  they initially agreed to refund people's money, some several months ago, and are now refusing.  at this point it seems they have no concern for the safety of people.

they used this forum to solicit business.  they used this forum to make promises to consumers that were material promises in terms of the decision to buy and then broke those promises, they are now seemingly attempting to use this forum to scrub relevant information from their thread that pertains to a serious safety issue.

There are multiple instances of unethical behavior here, IMO, with damages to consumers in the tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.  The latest development is an apparent disregard for the physical safety of the consumer. 

The whole thing is disgusting.

Pentax

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

Thanks for restoring the comments in here  theymos

I, too, wish to thank theymos for doing this.

Me too.  Thanks Theymos. 
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:31:01 PM

Just in case anyone still believes any of Black Arrow's claims, consider this:

They claim they can't pay out the refunds that they promised (and approved) in March through May of this year because they have already used that money to buy all the parts needed to buy the miners. But as compensation, they urge you to take naked chips instead of the finished miners.

How does that add up?
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:32:51 PM

Has Minersource made any statement regarding the X3's catching fire and the X1's apparently giving electric shocks as a customer stated?
Are they waiting for money from BA before they can send refunds?

Pentax

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

From the modded thread.  I figure they will delete this eventually

What I love with BA, either WE customers are guilty, either their providers ... I already mentioned X-1s giving electrical shocks... and the CE sign on the PSUs is the China Export sign, not the CE one !!!

The China Export mark is apparently a misconception, what I suspect these supplies have is a counterfeit Conformité Européenne mark. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking#China_Export

The X1 PSU definitely has an incorrect CE mark as seen here:-

(screenshot from http://youtu.be/KtxVxqPmN7k?t=2m50s at 2:50)

I believe BA were badgering the PSU manufacturers to shrink the physical size of the PSUs which won't help matters. Here we go, 20th February weekly update (remember those?) parts 6a and 6b. http://ecointalk.net/topic/392-black-arrow-weekly-production-update/

Anybody in the US want to get in touch with Underwriters Laboratories? They take a rather dim view of logo misuse and there's a UL Registered Component mark on those power supplies. http://site.ul.com/global/eng/pages/offerings/services/programs/anticounterfeitingoperations/

How are counterfeit goods discovered? And how can companies/individuals report counterfeiting?

UL works with U.S. Customs and other law enforcement agencies to train personnel how to identify counterfeit products. If you have information about counterfeiting activities or suspicious products, please contact the U.S. Customs hotline at 1-800-ITS-FAKE (1-800-487-3253) or UL to issue a report.

ALSO of note (the deeper the rabbit hole goes) there's no FCC declaration on those power supplies, and for import to the US they appear to require one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_Declaration_of_Conformity
Pentax

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:54:40 PM

people are also asking about the proper CE markings for Black Arrow's products and their power supply supplier on that page.

they are deleting many of those posts and not responding to those direct questions there or on their forum, where people are also asking.

the thread is shrinking again.  wtf is up with these people I have to wonder.

hiding evidence from law enforcement and/or lawyers/consumer groups?  trying to hoodwink investors on those chips they are trying to get people to invest in?  concerned about bad publicity during the btc conference? 

the whole thing borders on psychotic.
breakingcode

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:26:12 PM

people are also asking about the proper CE markings for Black Arrow's products and their power supply supplier on that page.

they are deleting many of those posts and not responding to those direct questions there or on their forum, where people are also asking.

hiding evidence from law enforcement and/or lawyers/consumer groups?  trying to hoodwink investors on those chips they are trying to get people to invest in?  concerned about bad publicity during the btc conference? 

BA is pruning the threads (300 at this point) to try to hide all the information that can be used against them in court and to hide all this info from anyone looking to try to get info/research them while they try to sell old/new stuff.

Can someone please create a new forum and post all the historical data, or PM me an address where I can access it on a non-BA moderated source?

Based on the incorrect Labeling, selling customer data, refusing refunds and the rest...   
I've contacted a class action litigation firm and will be posting more information shortly.
I'm checking with them to see what I need to post here (I'm assuming they'll just setup a new contact mail or phone number or something) and I'll be posting that this week along with any other info they give me.
DO NOT return your power supplies if BA asks you to,.. I'm assuming those are now **evidence**
Pentax

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:32:02 PM

BA is pruning the threads (300 at this point) to try to hide all the information that can be used against them in court and to hide all this info from anyone looking to try to get info/research them while they try to sell old/new stuff.

Can someone please create a new forum and post all the historical data, or PM me an address where I can access it on a non-BA moderated source?

Based on the incorrect Labeling, selling customer data, refusing refunds and the rest...   
I've contacted a class action litigation firm and will be posting more information shortly.
I'm checking with them to see what I need to post here (I'm assuming they'll just setup a new contact mail or phone number or something) and I'll be posting that this week along with any other info they give me.
DO NOT return your power supplies if BA asks you to,.. I'm assuming those are now **evidence**

Hi, this thread was put up by Theymos and contains all posts deleted by Black Arrow from their moderated thread.  Their thread is still up, but they are pruning it with some regularity.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:52:49 PM

These posts were deleted from this thread at some point, mostly by blackarrow.

Thank you!

breakingcode

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:51:01 PM

These posts were deleted from this thread at some point, mostly by blackarrow.

Thank you!

Thanks.
goozman96

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:35:26 AM

Great to see all these posts back; I really wasn't looking forward to copying/pasting ~300 posts. Thanks again Theymos!

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
crash__bandicoot

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:46:27 PM

Alright everybody, here's the deal. I'm the journalist behind the CryptoCoinsNews article about BA responding to the accusations we received in an anonymous news tip. Since then, I've been tipped on a lot of other happenings in the BA world that sound malicious.

I'm on mobile, and for some reason can't post the article link. Excellent. If you want to look it up, it's on CCN.

So I did the digging, found truth to the accusations, and reached out to BA for response. They responded, so I printed it. If you all notice, I did not take sides. I presented each side, laid everything out on the table (including pictures and facts) and printed their response.

BA did not trick me. They simply addressed the accusations. But some people may have took CCNs printing of that to be taking a side, and that side is BA. That's not the case.

I need proof. I need something tangible and solid. There's a lot of people here making a lot of claims, that sound really feasible, but I have no facts to print. Submit news tips to CCN with proof, and I'll print it. You want BA's bad side to be shown? Show it to me, with hard evidence. That's what I need to print a story.

Pentax

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:49:27 PM

update on lawsuit:

reposted here

"All,

I have about 50 users so far who've sent details in reply to my posts here, and another 50 or so from bitcointalk.org
So far, i have orders recorded at roughly 1 million usd still outstanding in one form or another.

By the end of this week i should have enough to present the the legal team so they can start to construct the case to present to the court Smiley
Any of you who still wish to add your name to the list, please drop me a mail at bitcz@outlook.com

Again, this is direct orders place with BA and not with resellers for Batch 1 and Batch 2"

anyone still looking to get on this contact him here:

"Please send to bitcz@outlook.com the following details:

Order date
Rough figure on how much was spent ( please do not supply order numbers yet..this will be a job for the legals to obtain directly from you )
Contact details ( Email will suffice at this stage )
Brief paragraph outlining steps you have taken to resolve issue with BA directly ( i.e. direct communication, complaint to consumer council, local better business bureau, local state senator etc.. )
Expected resolution that would satisfy you ( i.e. full refund, delivery of goods etc )

Bticz"

He also has a thread on this forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=772278.msg8710397#msg8710397
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:25:17 PM

I need proof. I need something tangible and solid. There's a lot of people here making a lot of claims, that sound really feasible, but I have no facts to print. Submit news tips to CCN with proof, and I'll print it. You want BA's bad side to be shown? Show it to me, with hard evidence. That's what I need to print a story.

What proof can people that haven't received a miner give you? There are plenty of proofs of miners catching fire and proofs of deleted forum posts available around here.

bitdik

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:13:27 PM

I read somewhere this is about X2 and X1, I'm a X3 Batch 1 customer, can I get in as well?

update on lawsuit:

reposted here

"All,

I have about 50 users so far who've sent details in reply to my posts here, and another 50 or so from bitcointalk.org
So far, i have orders recorded at roughly 1 million usd still outstanding in one form or another.

By the end of this week i should have enough to present the the legal team so they can start to construct the case to present to the court Smiley
Any of you who still wish to add your name to the list, please drop me a mail at bitcz@outlook.com

Again, this is direct orders place with BA and not with resellers for Batch 1 and Batch 2"

anyone still looking to get on this contact him here:

"Please send to bitcz@outlook.com the following details:

Order date
Rough figure on how much was spent ( please do not supply order numbers yet..this will be a job for the legals to obtain directly from you )
Contact details ( Email will suffice at this stage )
Brief paragraph outlining steps you have taken to resolve issue with BA directly ( i.e. direct communication, complaint to consumer council, local better business bureau, local state senator etc.. )
Expected resolution that would satisfy you ( i.e. full refund, delivery of goods etc )

Bticz"

He also has a thread on this forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=772278.msg8710397#msg8710397

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: