Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:28:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
bitdik

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:21:08 PM

I don't know what proof you need, you can find it here all over the place.

I can provide you with original order and payment confirmation, confirmation for refund, and their last email stating that they wont refund, because they are out of money

Do you consider that proof?

I need proof. I need something tangible and solid. There's a lot of people here making a lot of claims, that sound really feasible, but I have no facts to print. Submit news tips to CCN with proof, and I'll print it. You want BA's bad side to be shown? Show it to me, with hard evidence. That's what I need to print a story.

What proof can people that haven't received a miner give you? There are plenty of proofs of miners catching fire and proofs of deleted forum posts available around here.
bitdik

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:28:02 PM

You should talk to this guy about the units catching fire:

http://ecointalk.net/user/1724-cendav/

He is the actual guy from the screenshots, and he will confirm there was a fire, and not just a 'malfunctioning device'. This was also 'confirmed' by BA on that same forum, and of course these posts have later been removed

Alright everybody, here's the deal. I'm the journalist behind the CryptoCoinsNews article about BA responding to the accusations we received in an anonymous news tip. Since then, I've been tipped on a lot of other happenings in the BA world that sound malicious.

I'm on mobile, and for some reason can't post the article link. Excellent. If you want to look it up, it's on CCN.

So I did the digging, found truth to the accusations, and reached out to BA for response. They responded, so I printed it. If you all notice, I did not take sides. I presented each side, laid everything out on the table (including pictures and facts) and printed their response.

BA did not trick me. They simply addressed the accusations. But some people may have took CCNs printing of that to be taking a side, and that side is BA. That's not the case.

I need proof. I need something tangible and solid. There's a lot of people here making a lot of claims, that sound really feasible, but I have no facts to print. Submit news tips to CCN with proof, and I'll print it. You want BA's bad side to be shown? Show it to me, with hard evidence. That's what I need to print a story.

crash__bandicoot

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:01:08 PM

What proof can people that haven't received a miner give you? There are plenty of proofs of miners catching fire and proofs of deleted forum posts available around here.

Bingo. That is exactly what I'm dealing with. I have a horde of people making possibly feasible allegations, but they can't provide proof because they physically have none. Then I have Black Arrow defending against those allegations, but they can't really provide proof either, making this a big "he said she said" battle.

My back is against a wall here, and I'm getting blamed for "taking the side of Black Arrow."

The only hard evidence I've published is the miner catching fire. They had pictures. Those were published, and I don't think anyone has any doubt in their mind that miner caught fire. So that's a start, but that's all I've got.

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:11:34 PM

Alright everybody, here's the deal. I'm the journalist behind the CryptoCoinsNews article about BA responding to the accusations we received in an anonymous news tip. Since then, I've been tipped on a lot of other happenings in the BA world that sound malicious.

I'm on mobile, and for some reason can't post the article link. Excellent. If you want to look it up, it's on CCN.

So I did the digging, found truth to the accusations, and reached out to BA for response. They responded, so I printed it. If you all notice, I did not take sides. I presented each side, laid everything out on the table (including pictures and facts) and printed their response.

BA did not trick me. They simply addressed the accusations. But some people may have took CCNs printing of that to be taking a side, and that side is BA. That's not the case.

Your asking for proof . What proof exactly be specific cause all the proof you need is on here and there own company forum . You have customers who have been waiting since last year for what they bought. You have safety issues that you already have proof of . You have customers asking for refunds and not receiving them . If you go back and just look at there own company stated time lines of self imposed dates and the updates that they did give that they didn't adhere to the red flags should be popping from everywhere . Don't know what you expected to find here but you yourself have to admit you opened a hornets nest now why would that happen if everything was on the up and up with black arrow. I would also like to add why do you even think someone tipped you guys off . The burden of proof and truth lies on Black Arrow not the people they have scammed for huge sums of their hard earned money . You were handed a story that some would dream of getting and you want the victims to do your job and write it for you use your skills and contacts and go were we can't like the factory or maybe you should just try ordering or maybe get the information of a customer and act on there behalf and see what kind of service you receive . Asking the suspect if your guilty and taking his word for it yes that's how it works nothing to see here move along all is fine .

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:16:49 PM

Bingo. That is exactly what I'm dealing with. I have a horde of people making possibly feasible allegations, but they can't provide proof because they physically have none. Then I have Black Arrow defending against those allegations, but they can't really provide proof either, making this a big "he said she said" battle.

My back is against a wall here, and I'm getting blamed for "taking the side of Black Arrow."

The only hard evidence I've published is the miner catching fire. They had pictures. Those were published, and I don't think anyone has any doubt in their mind that miner caught fire. So that's a start, but that's all I've got.

So all the people who have been waiting for months some since last year for an item they paid for isn't proof for you so how about you reach out and ask for a bill of sale showing the date of purchase if you contact me through PM i'll be more then happy to supply you with my order # and let you contact BA as to the where abouts of my order.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:21:55 PM

Requests from the dude who based the BA story on...wait for it...a tip (read unsubstantiated leak). Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to make a list of CCN's paid advertisers, for I have a hunch.

~Bruno Kucinskas

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:23:32 PM

I'll also help you since you seem to want us to do your investigative work for you how about you visit the forum on the Black Arrow website and just look at the updates they posted and then go to their facebook page and take a look there as well and match the two up and then revisit this forum under their post and the forum for their company site and then ask yourself why are they deleting pages of post and then go ask your boss for a ticket to china to see their factory .
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

You've got to be kidding us.

You go ahead and parrot and agree with Alex Sovu's ridiculous claims about competitors infiltrating threads on the basis of nothing, and then ask us for "hard evidence"?
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:05:29 PM

I read somewhere this is about X2 and X1, I'm a X3 Batch 1 customer, can I get in as well?

update on lawsuit:

reposted here

"All,

I have about 50 users so far who've sent details in reply to my posts here, and another 50 or so from bitcointalk.org
So far, i have orders recorded at roughly 1 million usd still outstanding in one form or another.

By the end of this week i should have enough to present the the legal team so they can start to construct the case to present to the court Smiley
Any of you who still wish to add your name to the list, please drop me a mail at bitcz@outlook.com

Again, this is direct orders place with BA and not with resellers for Batch 1 and Batch 2"

anyone still looking to get on this contact him here:

"Please send to bitcz@outlook.com the following details:

Order date
Rough figure on how much was spent ( please do not supply order numbers yet..this will be a job for the legals to obtain directly from you )
Contact details ( Email will suffice at this stage )
Brief paragraph outlining steps you have taken to resolve issue with BA directly ( i.e. direct communication, complaint to consumer council, local better business bureau, local state senator etc.. )
Expected resolution that would satisfy you ( i.e. full refund, delivery of goods etc )

Bticz"

He also has a thread on this forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=772278.msg8710397#msg8710397

I don't see why not.  I don't know that this is limited to any batch or whatever.  bitcz will have to pipe in on that.
Pentax

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:11:00 PM

I read somewhere this is about X2 and X1, I'm a X3 Batch 1 customer, can I get in as well?

update on lawsuit:

reposted here

"All,

I have about 50 users so far who've sent details in reply to my posts here, and another 50 or so from bitcointalk.org
So far, i have orders recorded at roughly 1 million usd still outstanding in one form or another.

By the end of this week i should have enough to present the the legal team so they can start to construct the case to present to the court Smiley
Any of you who still wish to add your name to the list, please drop me a mail at bitcz@outlook.com

Again, this is direct orders place with BA and not with resellers for Batch 1 and Batch 2"

Order date
Rough figure on how much was spent ( please do not supply order numbers yet..this will be a job for the legals to obtain directly from you )
Brief paragraph outlining steps you have taken to resolve issue with BA directly ( i.e. direct communication, complaint to consumer council, local better business bureau, local state senator etc.. )
Expected resolution that would satisfy you ( i.e. full refund, delivery of goods etc )

Bticz"

I don't see why not.  I don't know that this is limited to any batch or whatever.  bitcz will have to pipe in on that.

See here for his comment.  I see no limitations on who can join the action.   You probably want to contact him at the e-mail in the notice.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/black-arrow-bitcoin-mining-accused-censoring-negative-comments/

"So im one of the unlucky people taken in by Black Arrow.
All their promises, all their talk amounts to pretty much nothing as far as we can see months and months and months down the line.

So I’m running a class action suit against them.

They have not given updates as promised
They refused my refund request
They’ve deleted my posts
They’ve asked what they can do to resolve the situation and then used stock answers as replies.

They did say they couldn’t offer refunds due to the fact that the miner was far better than other similar miners and didn’t have exploding Capacitors… something that’s recently been proved incorrect.

I currently have about 100 people so far with orders just under a million USD that im forwarding to my lawyers in Wan Chai who will be applying to the courts to freeze BA and their assets so they can be sold off and at least some funds returned to the customer base. im getting about 20 new people joining the action every day, so by the end of this week i’ll have enough to send to my legal team so they can construct the argument to present to the court and request that their assets are frozen pending investigation.

We know that China doesn’t want anything to slight their perception against the world stage, so when ( not if ) they are found against, the Chinese courts will not look kindly upon BA

To date, BA have refused to talk, have refused to deal with us honestly. So unfortunately, this means that BA as an entity will go down… all the stock, the chips including the BTC wallet will be seized by court order if we are successful.
All of this made possible my the new consumer laws that are now in force in China.

Bitcz"

"
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 07:53:02 PM

So I was looking on eBay and found Prospero X1's selling for ~140 Euro's. I paid 272 Euro for one in December 2013 and still got nothing! No refunds no miners, nada.

Even if I receive the 2 miners I ordered and get a third one as compensation, I can never get all my money back by selling them on eBay or using them to mine bitcoin.

The only reason for losing money on this is because the miners where not shipped on the communicated shipping dates, actually they where not even finished. Only thing to do now is to complain here, wait and hope for a refund.

I'll give Minersource another week or two to send me a refund before I'll contact every consumer organization and legal entity which hold the power to help me get my money back! They're on notice.

breakingcode

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:30:09 PM

update on lawsuit:

reposted here

"All,

Order date

Bticz"

Could you please provide the pertinent information:
name of legal representative, a phone number or some way to verify (case number etc..)
There's zero reason you shouldn't be able to provide this info in public.

Otherwise this could just be info going back to BA for reference or just a black hole where issues go and are never resolved (again to the benefit of BA)
Pentax

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:33:17 PM

update on lawsuit:

reposted here

"All,

Order date

Bticz"

Could you please provide the pertinent information:
name of legal representative, a phone number or some way to verify (case number etc..)
There's zero reason you shouldn't be able to provide this info in public.

Otherwise this could just be info going back to BA for reference or just a black hole where issues go and are never resolved (again to the benefit of BA)

yes it could.  I have e-mailed him asking for similar information, as this is not my case.

anyone else is welcome and encouraged to do the same.
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:46:51 PM

So if I'm to understand this correctly, you want to write articles without doing any research, so it's the responsibility of the customers to seek you out and do your work for you?

And so far the only person you've found who is willing to do that for you is Alex "Berk", the criminal alias of Alexandru Ion Sovu, Romanian fugitive wire fraud felon, so you parrot whatever he says about the situation, agree with it in the article, and then also get to say that your report is objective?

I have a better idea, if you're not willing to do actual journalism by doing your own research and following leads yourself, then don't write articles. If you can't be bothered to do your own research/investigation, then you're a flak just typing up press releases. Which is EXACTLY what your "articles" read like.
bitdik

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:52:35 PM

And I'm giving you 2 direct leads, and you're not goin for it - as expected, take your cash from the BA marketing budget and fuck the hell off this thread

SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:08:57 PM

I think this guy is digging guys.

see the latest article.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/black-arrow-bitcoin-mining-battle-whos-telling-truth/

bitdik

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:09:51 PM

Please, everybody that has a bad experience with BA (that must be hundreds, if not thousands of people!!)

Leave negative trust for blackarrow:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=105804

Don't forget to check the box behind:

This rating is negative -- the person is not trustworthy
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:17:30 PM

Please, everybody that has a bad experience with BA (that must be hundreds, if not thousands of people!!)

Leave negative trust for blackarrow:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=105804

Don't forget to check the box behind:

This rating is negative -- the person is not trustworthy

yes and go comment on this article.  The shills have showed up in force for this latest piece

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/black-arrow-bitcoin-mining-battle-whos-telling-truth/#post-42310
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:18:14 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 09:54:31 AM by notbatman

The following picture is from Satoshi's old email and was posted in the "satoshin@gmx.com is compromised" thread.

This quote is from Black Arrow (Alex Sovu).

Our Lancelot customers will continue to benefit of the initial prices until 5th of October. We have emailed all Lancelot customers with information on how to use the trade-in program.
Black Arrow Ltd will continue their customer reward scheme by offering the owners of the Lancelot mining devices from the previous line, the chance to upgrade to the Prospero line by returning their products in exchange for a further $300 discount [2].
[2] Lancelot machines credit can be used against up to 30% of the amount on pre-orders or against up to 50% of the amount on orders. This credit has no cash value.
As Black Arrow promised to all the customers who trusted and worked with us from the beginning, everyone who has purchased Black Arrow’s Lancelot mining devices and wishes to exchange them against Black Arrow Prospero miners will receive $300 credit for each Lancelot exchanged (2).
(2) Lancelot machines credit can be used against up to 30% of the amount on pre-orders or against up to 50% of the amount on orders. This credit has no cash value.

It appears that Black Arrow has scammed Satoshi himself.

It's also a bit odd that right after Theymos posted this thread of deleted BA customer posts he got an e-mail from satoshin@gmx.com stating "Michael, send me some coins before I hitman you.". The screen shot above of a receipt from a BA miner was also posted online from satoshin@gmx.com at the same time.

But something's not quite right here, appearances can be deceiving.

I believe this is the name and address under the blacked out area.

https://www.facebook.com/james.johnston.35175?fref=ts is Abram James Kottmeier, or versa visa.

Abram James Kottmeier
Founder at Playpen, Inc.

http://www.netinfo.org.ua/208.86.0.74.htm

network:Class-Name:network
network:ID:RACKCO.208.86.0.0/22
network:Auth-Area:208.86.0.0/22
network:Network-Name:ID: RACKCO.208.86.0.72-29
network:IP-Network:208.86.0.72/29
network:IP-Network-Block:208.86.0.74 - 208.86.0.78
network:Organization;I:Groundswell Marketing Inc.
network:Street-Address:210 N. Tucker Av, Suite 320, Suite 320
network:City:St Louis
network:State:Missouri
network:Postal-Code:63101
network:Country-Code:USA
network:Tech-Contact;I:tang@tthreeit.comhttp://tthreeit.com
network:Admin-Contact;I:jkottmeier@me.comhttp://me.com
network:Created:20100219
network:Updated:20100219
network:Updated-By:support@rackco.comhttp://rackco.com

https://angel.co/groundswell-marketing-inc

James Johnston
Founder & CEO at Playpen.com

Is the screen-shot a hoax or a real email from the inbox? Really WTF is going on here?

EDIT:

me.com redirects to https://www.icloud.com/

I don't get it.

btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:39:30 AM

The following picture is from Satoshi's old email and was posted in the "satoshin@gmx.com is compromised" thread.

It appears that Black Arrow has scammed Satoshi himself.

According to this article that receipt shown is where someone ordered a lancelot and just used satoshi's email address as the email address contact (presumably no access to the actual emails delivered where needed to confirm the order). http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-satoshi-nakamoto-email-hacker-says-hes-negotiating-with-the-bitcoin-founder
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: