Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:17:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
KingZee

Activity: 924
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:04:27 AM

The Prophet Mohammed, a Jewish pseudo-Messiah
http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/theprophet.html

<< The context of the formation of Islam is important to understand, because it is makes it possible for its adherents to interpret Islam today either as "a war against greed, immorality and idolatry; a battle between good and evil" - or as "a war on Jews and Christians, and a battle between East and West" >>

It is with articles very similar to the such, that terrorism is spread around muslims.

But like a friend of mine would say, "if the link isn't https, don't trust it!"  Cheesy

Beep boop beep boop
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:00:39 AM

[...] More importantly, consider that if you advocate belief in ridiculous things (as above, splitting the Moon, granted, Christians and Jews have no less ridiculous tenets) then people may not find credible your assertions that terrorists are not really Muslim [...]

This is what I understood as what you highlighted in bold text. You said that since I believe in these things, it means that anything else I try to prove is not credible, no matter the logic or rationality behind those ideas.

Note that I agree with you, that Jews and Christians have similar ridiculous beliefs, however if I am Kafir by way of affirming science where it clearly and simply applies, then so be it.  Ridiculous beliefs of Muslims are not less ridiculous, they exist equally.

I have worked with and had as friends many from the culture of Islam, most were fairly secular in their orientation and would laugh at this question of the "moon being split asunder".  I have known a few who would consider it a serious theological question, but never bothered to discuss.  This is no different than Christians who think the world and universe are 6,000 years in age.

Well you might be right about the thing that religions have several stories about "miracles" that are impossible to comprehend by man. .....

How I qualified my statement was thus:

More importantly, consider that if you advocate belief in ridiculous things (as above, splitting the Moon, granted, Christians and Jews have no less ridiculous tenets) then people may not find credible your assertions that terrorists are not really Muslim, are misled, are taught a false doctrine, etc.

After all, one man's ridiculous belief is another man's faith.

I think this (bolded above) is fair assessment as to "what people may think".  Does not mean it is accurate, of course.  What I personally belief is somewhat apart.  As earlier noted, I understand the splintered and bastardized Wahhibbi that Qutb promulgated.

sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:32:44 AM

Western media only takes out the worst of Islam. The wast majority are peacuful people who are muslims wants peace - but the media doesn't show them, they show the ruthless war path people instead.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:53:58 AM

Western media only takes out the worst of Islam. The wast majority are peacuful people who are muslims wants peace - but the media doesn't show them, they show the ruthless war path people instead.
When you say such things, please consider that some of us read Islamic world news directly and know, that only the worse of US is presented, only the worse of Israel is presented, and so forth.

The same newspaper has totally different content in English, versus the native language.

The Islamic world has been beaten with many falsehoods for many years.

Well, maybe the Internet and the https will change that.

Smiley

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:46:20 AM

When you say such things, please consider that some of us read Islamic world news directly and know, that only the worse of US is presented, only the worse of Israel is presented, and so forth.

The same newspaper has totally different content in English, versus the native language.

Smiley

"normal" behaviour doesn't sell copy. That's just the nature of media. I read what I can form many sources. I don't find Islam itself to be any more or less egregious than Judaism or Christianity. All three are patently ridiculous on their face, and with deeper examination only get worse. The words of the Q'uran, the Bible, or the Torah are sufficiently ambiguous that they can be used to justify practically anything.

Religious RULE leads to a lot more trouble than religion itself. The middle east appears to be where the west was about the time that Islam was formed. Ruled by religion and resistant to anything that contradicts it's tenets, especially facts. Whether this is actually true, I can only surmise as I have never been off of the North American continent. But it certainly appears that way.
If the above is true, there is going to be a rough transition. When a message took weeks to be delivered, there was room for a lot of nonsense in a local area. When it's nearly instant, then the ugly truth of religion becomes no more valid than most of us now think the Olympians are. A lot of people need to grow up. Not just over there. Because we in the West do not face the daily hell that a lot of the rest of the world faces, we tend to be more vocal than violent. But there are elements among us who are at LEAST as extreme and potentially violent as the worst of the middle eastern terrorists if they had the opportunity.
Ume

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Finding oNlinE JoB ---=== :)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:03:14 AM

Smiley

"normal" behaviour doesn't sell copy. That's just the nature of media. I read what I can form many sources. I don't find Islam itself to be any more or less egregious than Judaism or Christianity. All three are patently ridiculous on their face, and with deeper examination only get worse. The words of the Q'uran, the Bible, or the Torah are sufficiently ambiguous that they can be used to justify practically anything.

Religious RULE leads to a lot more trouble than religion itself. The middle east appears to be where the west was about the time that Islam was formed. Ruled by religion and resistant to anything that contradicts it's tenets, especially facts. Whether this is actually true, I can only surmise as I have never been off of the North American continent. But it certainly appears that way.
If the above is true, there is going to be a rough transition. When a message took weeks to be delivered, there was room for a lot of nonsense in a local area. When it's nearly instant, then the ugly truth of religion becomes no more valid than most of us now think the Olympians are. A lot of people need to grow up. Not just over there. Because we in the West do not face the daily hell that a lot of the rest of the world faces, we tend to be more vocal than violent. But there are elements among us who are at LEAST as extreme and potentially violent as the worst of the middle eastern terrorists if they had the opportunity.

you can`t say any religion ridiculous !!

by the way which religion you are following ?
Ume

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:06:37 AM

I did`nt get a solid reason for hating ISLAM !! and Islam never hates other religion`s !!
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:11:59 AM

Smiley

Yes, I can, yes, I can prove it, and none at all. I'm an atheist.
Ume

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:15:49 AM

Smiley

prove it ! An atheist !! Tongue ahaha
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:24:28 AM

Smiley

Prove what? I need specifics. As I had posted earlier, I don't hate Islam. Don't like it either, but that's irrelevant. as a recovered christian, I do hate Christianity, but not christians. The deluded have my sympathy, and the vast majority of the clergy have my contempt, because there is no way an educated man can believe that tripe, thus they're hypocrites. I suspect much the same of Islam.

And yes, I'm an atheist. I believe in one less god than the most monotheistic out there.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:51:47 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 04:03:22 PM by BADecker

Smiley

Prove what? I need specifics. As I had posted earlier, I don't hate Islam. Don't like it either, but that's irrelevant. as a recovered christian, I do hate Christianity, but not christians. The deluded have my sympathy, and the vast majority of the clergy have my contempt, because there is no way an educated man can believe that tripe, thus they're hypocrites. I suspect much the same of Islam.

And yes, I'm an atheist. I believe in one less god than the most monotheistic out there.

Atheism is a religion. Why? Because nobody can prove that there is no God. Further, the clear evidence of the universe and world around us is way stronger for there being a God rather than there being no God.

When you believe something that has little evidence and no proof, especially when it is against something else that has more evidence and no proof, then you have yourself a religion.

Add to this the possibility that you only THINK that you don't believe that God exists, while way down deep you believe in God and don't know it (there are no atheists in the foxholes), you add great strength to the fact that atheism is a religion, even though there are many who don't think so.

You atheists need to figure out what you really are, because atheism is a religion, and you are in a religion if you adhere to atheism.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
sickhouse

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:00:32 PM

Smiley

Aye, every news paper has their own agenda, they talk about some stuff but leave much important things out - that will not end until WW III or revolution. What i do is follow as many news as possible, RT.com is way more truthful than the media here in Sweden. They have even been called anti semetic because of writing the truth.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Ume

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:13:48 AM

Smiley

you can`t live a perfect life without a religion without following ~GOD~ !!

you will be held for Answers about your life after Death !
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

Smiley

you can`t live a perfect life without a religion without following ~GOD~ !!

you will be held for Answers about your life after Death !

LOL, turning the discussion back against the opponent is an obvious debating tactic.

However it does not get you points in answering the question of the OP:

Why do people hate Islam?

What you (unsuccessfully) attempt is to obfuscate and prevent the answering of that very good question by a derail into some poster's personal beliefs and habits.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:10:49 AM

Okay, okay. Want to know the real answer to why people hate Islam? It's real simple. People love being argumentative. The answer to the question is, because other people don't.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Okay, okay. Want to know the real answer to why people hate Islam? It's real simple. People love being argumentative. The answer to the question is, because other people don't.

Smiley

I can't disagree with that Cheesy
Ume

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:27:29 PM

i don`t want to mess with anyone !! keep it up buddy!!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:37:19 PM

Smiley
No, there are real world hatables regarding Islam.

For example, I have presented an argument here that Mohammed did not split the Moon apart.  This caused various people here to suggest that I study up on religions, pick one out, become a believer.  They suggested I am missing out.

But here is what I believe.

If I were to publicly announce the arguments denying that Mohammed was a Great Moon Splitter in various locales, say Saudi Arabia, I would be in big trouble.  Prison, death, etc.

A religion that generates such behavior is certainly hatable, isn't it?

NOT saying that I hate Islam, I am only posing a manner of looking at it which certainly can't be ignored.  If we encourage ignoring scientific understanding this is bad, even for the countries or sects that may think it is good.

And I would encourage people living in a Muslim culture, and in particular those who are devout, to think seriously about the bad effects of repressing freedom of though and scientific investigation.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:58:50 PM

For example, I have presented an argument here that Mohammed did not split the Moon apart.  This caused various people here to suggest that I study up on religions, pick one out, become a believer.  They suggested I am missing out.
The part I find interesting is how many people would look at the claim about the moon in disbelief. Everyone knows the moon was not split apart as told in the Asbab al-nuzul. However, ask if Moses parted the sea...? "Of course he did, it's in the Bible."

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:58:52 PM

People hate Islam because they think all islamists are extreme and violent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: