Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:03:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
elenorrigby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:37:39 PM

About a week ago was a flurry of posts about switching over from Storj to another solution based on bitsync. It was said this coding was finished, waiting for proper announcement time. Did I miss that announcement or what's up with that ...?

It's finished, but we're waiting on a few important things to move into place

Like what?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:59:05 PM

https://rubygems.org/gems/opalcoin_client
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:29:52 PM

About a week ago was a flurry of posts about switching over from Storj to another solution based on bitsync. It was said this coding was finished, waiting for proper announcement time. Did I miss that announcement or what's up with that ...?

Like what?

I'm happy they are waiting. I still am trying to accumulate more Opal at these prices.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:51:36 AM

Like what?

I'm happy they are waiting. I still am trying to accumulate more Opal at these prices.

Wink

The importance of properly executed/timed releases is often overlooked, Opal devs understand this. Anticipation is a big part of it (though surprise releases are an exception). But as Bassguitarman previously stated, getting the news out to as many as possible is a big deal, and putting all the little pieces together will take more time but it's entirely worth it, especially after all the work that has been done.

A mediocre release is like sex without 'finishing', all that work and the reward isn't quite there. Tongue
elenorrigby

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:19:30 AM

Thanks Dr.Phil.

Meanwhile, third post, no reply to question.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:21:14 AM

Thanks Dr.Phil.

Sorry, I can't publicly state it.  You can see the code on github if you doubt us
elenorrigby

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:07:21 AM

Thanks Dr.Phil.

Sorry, I can't publicly state it.  You can see the code on github if you doubt us

Four.
3rdStryker

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:46:23 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 07:01:04 AM by 3rdStryker

If you aren't happy elenorrigby dump your opal it is very simple.
toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:48:58 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 07:04:39 AM by toldy

Sorry, I can't publicly state it.  You can see the code on github if you doubt us

Four.

For the record, elenorrigby appears to be a troll. Scrolling back through their posting history, the majority of this person's posts are all negative and argumentative based.

Knowing this they'll probably stand up on a soapbox and start freaking out even harder. Seems to get off on people responding to their every word.

I'm now putting them on ignore.  Don't waste your time with this person.

Look at what this low life posted before:

Documents for Sale

0 day info relating to recent Mintpal V2 launch delay. Documents are screenshots from internal discussions and hot wallet testing on integration of anon addresses and source free references in a coin being added to V2.  Coin involved is waiting for V2 launch to announce this advance.

Screenshots and information to be released simultaneously at 1800 GMT Thursday 2 October to the first 10 buyers. Price 1 BTC.  If you do not think you can make 5 – 10 times this amount using this info, this release is not for you.

PM for BTC addy.

No comments to this thread will be answered. Put up or shut up.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
elenorrigby

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:06:53 AM

Sorry, I can't publicly state it.  You can see the code on github if you doubt us

Four.

For the record, elenorrigby appears to be a troll. Scrolling back through their posting history, the majority of this person's posts are all negative and argumentative based.

Knowing this he'll probably stand up on a soapbox and start freaking out even harder. Seems to get off on people responding to their every word.

Didn't bother checking your post history, don't care.

My current question - in this thread obsessed with price movement or lack thereof - concerns the Large Missing Feature of Opal (decentralized filestorage, now morphed into filesharing) which has gone from being a feature to wrecked to resuscitated to (now) top secret eyes only. Sorry if all you fanboys cannot tolerate someone noticing the emperors lack of clothes but the proffered explanations are thin indeed. 
elenorrigby

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:08:50 AM

If you aren't happy elenorrigby dump your opal it is very simple.

Believe me, i got out on that last bump. I am just researching whether there is anything solid in all this colored bling that might make another go worthwhile.
Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:30:37 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 01:22:31 AM by Voidlord

Four.

Knowing this he'll probably stand up on a soapbox and start freaking out even harder. Seems to get off on people responding to their every word.

My current question - in this thread obsessed with price movement or lack thereof - concerns the Large Missing Feature of Opal (decentralized filestorage, now morphed into filesharing) which has gone from being a feature to wrecked to resuscitated to (now) top secret eyes only. Sorry if all you fanboys cannot tolerate someone noticing the emperors lack of clothes but the proffered explanations are thin indeed.  

Elenorrigby,

Thanks for your humour in your comment about tolerating someone noticing the emperors lack of clothes.

Obviously everyone here as enough eyes, brain to notice a naked guy. in fact no needs to be emperor in this case to be instantly noticed, and except if you are in a naturist congress, no needs for this Nopaleon to have a colored opal linked to his... title.
I could argue that switching from Storj to another system in order to set our first stone in Decentralized storage with File Sharing is not easy.
I wont. Because you already know that.
Read me, it is simply because we had to manage the aftermath of this.
We did not communicate enough about that, call it badly "lack of structure" or nicely "time leakage".
We are sorry, but... we try our best Smiley

The Opalcoin foundation will help us hugely, by directly involving Opalites, Opaladins, Opalitos, Opers, Opassengers and even Opalors to the development of the Opalcoin.

Then the core team will have time to focus on their passions: Opal features development.
And as you say, "believe me", (and i will ad "or not") the problem here is not the emperor lacks of clothes. The problem is the opposite: how to adjust all the incoming layers upon the first features.

Elenorrigby, nice song about a poor, sad and lone lady. I hope it is not your case,

Feel free to come and write some words here, we will show you how colored we are.

Please, try to use these colors in your words.

Kind Regards,

E=(ɔ)mc²
elenorrigby

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:55:29 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply Voidlord. Good luck with the current challenges.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:32:35 AM

Four.

I'm now putting them on ignore.  Don't waste your time with this person.

It has been a week since Storj boondoggled Opal. Look how long it has taken Storj and they subsequently only delayed Opal. Now Opal will compete with Storj and that is an even better scenario! One thing about Storj is their system will allow for dilution of shares through mining and profit taking. They have to pay themselves. You can see the IPO draining the buys right now dumping to 6K which is two times the price of Opal, and with Storj having 485,000,000 more coins. It may keep dropping since supply and demand may overlap before they get a working product themselves.

Opal has no IPO and has a great buy in price and working functions too like Stealth Addresses Opacity and SuperNet. The other things that will be implemented on top of the BlockChain are huge and must be a consideration of time taken to create also.

You saw a guy in a silly hat with no clothes and mistook him for an emperor, where Opal is a King among thieves when they work as hard as they do for no pay. You see a naked man and call him emperor only now you realize we are on a Nudist Beach and Opal makes sunscreen not clothes... So you don't get burned on this one Smiley  There would be no sense to dump a coin on people and make this much work out of it. The devs put in the work so that means they want to make a stable coin and community.  
j.jaymes

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:45:57 AM

Question for dev team. Ive purchased some OPALTOKEN on the SAE. Is this different from regular OPAL? If so, what differences are there? Thanks you in advance for your time and help.

HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:03:18 PM

I have trouble with the wallet. When I open the wallet the "loading screen" pops up, I can see the task in the task manager (win8 x64), but then the task just closes and the wallet never opens without any notice. I have like 30 wallets or so and never ran into a problem like that.

Any help?

edit: I could open the wallet once, but only once. Its just not working right now.

Same problem on my laptop. Wallet opens for the first time, syncs, then refuses to work. After 10 tries or so the wallet opened again and I could send my coins to bittrex and will I store them there for now.

ok, sorry for quoting myself, but I got no answer so far. Am I really the only one? This happens only with the opal wallet on both my machines, never happened with other wallets.

fontline

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:53:29 PM

I have trouble with the wallet. When I open the wallet the "loading screen" pops up, I can see the task in the task manager (win8 x64), but then the task just closes and the wallet never opens without any notice. I have like 30 wallets or so and never ran into a problem like that.

Any help?

edit: I could open the wallet once, but only once. Its just not working right now.

Same problem on my laptop. Wallet opens for the first time, syncs, then refuses to work. After 10 tries or so the wallet opened again and I could send my coins to bittrex and will I store them there for now.

ok, sorry for quoting myself, but I got no answer so far. Am I really the only one? This happens only with the opal wallet on both my machines, never happened with other wallets.

did you try the advice Voidlord posted right after you?
if there is still a problem please provide us with your os. win7/8? 32/64bit? most problems occur under win8

Hi,

The Visual C ++ runtime serves applications that were compiled to work with a library version.
And 64-bit machines need to install the 32-bit runtime to run applications compiled in 32-bit.
So, it will be a good idea to keep old versions, and even if you have a 64-bit cpu, First of all for Windows users, especially windows 8 users :

The Visual C ++ runtime serves applications that were compiled to work with a library version.
And 64-bit machines need to install the 32-bit runtime to run applications compiled in 32-bit.
So, it will be a good idea to keep old versions, and even if you have a 64-bit cpu, the C++ x86 (32-bit version) should be usefull

These versions must be installed manually:
C++ 2012 (x86 and x64) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
C++ 2010 (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
C++ 2010 (x64) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

if you still encounter runtime error after that,

-Close your Opal wallet.
-Go to C:\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin
-Save your wallet.dat & your opalcoin.conf files in another folder.
-Delete all the other folders & files located in the Opalcoin Folder except wallet.dat & opalcoin.conf
-Restart your wallet, let it sync, it should be good.

*if you can't see Appdata: click "Organize▼" (upper left) then click "Show Folders and Search Option" click view and Check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", and then click OK
for Windows 8 From the Control Panel, type Folder Options in the search box: click "Folder Options", click "View" then Check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK

OPAL: oaRVkQHKTK6B6o3kriBJnYXz2EMrkPKDUq
Voidlord

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:24:04 PM

Question for dev team. Ive purchased some OPALTOKEN on the SAE. Is this different from regular OPAL? If so, what differences are there? Thanks you in advance for your time and help.

OpalTKN is an asset traded on NXT's asset exchange. It is separate from OpalCoin and represents a holding in the future earnings of opal products.

On January 2nd 2015 at 1400 GMT, OPALTKN dividend were sent through out the SuperNET. There are 15 million total OPALTKN, and 10% will go to SuperNET asset holders and 10% to NXTventure holders and 5% into JLH. From the NXTventure dividend, InstantDEX holders will get around 4% as it owns about 40% of NXTventure.

Hope this help you j.jaymes.

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:30:28 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply Voidlord. Good luck with the current challenges.

You are Welcome.

Thank you for your wish, we try to use everything which is good, even luck Wink

E=(ɔ)mc²
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:36:31 PM

Any help?

did you try the advice Voidlord posted right after you?
if there is still a problem please provide us with your os. win7/8? 32/64bit? most problems occur under win8

Hi,

So, it will be a good idea to keep old versions, and even if you have a 64-bit cpu, First of all for Windows users, especially windows 8 users :

So, it will be a good idea to keep old versions, and even if you have a 64-bit cpu, the C++ x86 (32-bit version) should be usefull

These versions must be installed manually:
C++ 2012 (x86 and x64) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
C++ 2010 (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
C++ 2010 (x64) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

if you still encounter runtime error after that,

-Close your Opal wallet.
-Go to C:\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin
-Save your wallet.dat & your opalcoin.conf files in another folder.
-Delete all the other folders & files located in the Opalcoin Folder except wallet.dat & opalcoin.conf
-Restart your wallet, let it sync, it should be good.

*if you can't see Appdata: click "Organize▼" (upper left) then click "Show Folders and Search Option" click view and Check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", and then click OK
for Windows 8 From the Control Panel, type Folder Options in the search box: click "Folder Options", click "View" then Check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK

dont think I have a runtime error. The wallet just never opened at all (after the loading screen) without any error message. Win8 64.

I tried to run the wallet in compatibility mode for win7 and it seems to work now. I should have tired that before posting, sorry.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: