Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 2TH/s, Batch 1 on Sale this week, shipping before Sept. Ends  (Read 33385 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:08:20 PM

They look after #1. Like all the other manufacturers these days, their pricing policies are predatory.
TIL maximizing profits == predatory behavior.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:13:58 PM

With BTC dropping recently it's going to be interesting with currency they choose. I'm afraid, sadly, it's hard to justify more than 1.75 BTC for this machine.

2 BTC max. But there is no chance Bitmain will sell them that cheap. They'd be better off keeping them and mining themselves.
Bitmain typically prices new gear higher than the expected revenue over the life of the machine when deployed by the average home miner.

They look after #1. Like all the other manufacturers these days, their pricing policies are predatory.

The price will be at B2.6 or above for S4.
Never expect a price below 2.6 due to market product structures.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:15:43 PM

With BTC dropping recently it's going to be interesting with currency they choose. I'm afraid, sadly, it's hard to justify more than 1.75 BTC for this machine.

2 BTC max. But there is no chance Bitmain will sell them that cheap. They'd be better off keeping them and mining themselves.
Bitmain typically prices new gear higher than the expected revenue over the life of the machine when deployed by the average home miner.

Another unsettling point is that political turmoil having an effect on economies, e.g. the Russian rouble,  isn't causing a jump to bitcoin as the Cyprus banking difficulties did.  To make money with mining we need the value of bitcoin to improve.  Bitcoin as an investment or inflation hedge suffered a blow from Karpeles.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:11:24 PM

I honestly don't know how bitmain makes money. The hardware and labor is relatively inexpensive. Probably around $50. But the international express shipping is the killer. Retail price to ship the s3 from china to usa is around $200. I am sure he gets some discount but how much lower can he get?  Probably make $50 for each unit sold.

Folks we are close to the break even point now for the 20/28 nm. I foresee many hardware companies cease to operate if the price remains depressed and difficulty continue to go up at 10% a clip.  Sit back and watch history unfold.
I have no doubt that it would cost around $200 to ship an S3 from the US to China in 2 days.

However, there is something weird/fishy about what the Chinese pay to ship things. Are there some government subsidies perhaps?

I say this because there are numerous products on eBay priced at $1-2 that ship for FREE from China. Granted it takes 2 weeks or more, but eventually the product transfers from the Chinese to the US postal system for the last half of the journey and I assume USPS gets paid a portion of the shipping cost. It costs me around $2 to send a padded envelope weighing 3oz anywhere in the US. How the heck do these companies in China ship a product to the US for less than $2 + the cost of the product? I know I am talking about USPS vs UPS, DHL, etc., but perhaps there is something that allows them to save on shipping that we don't know about.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:43:48 PM

I honestly don't know how bitmain makes money. The hardware and labor is relatively inexpensive. Probably around $50. But the international express shipping is the killer. Retail price to ship the s3 from china to usa is around $200. I am sure he gets some discount but how much lower can he get?  Probably make $50 for each unit sold.

Folks we are close to the break even point now for the 20/28 nm. I foresee many hardware companies cease to operate if the price remains depressed and difficulty continue to go up at 10% a clip.  Sit back and watch history unfold.
I have no doubt that it would cost around $200 to ship an S3 from the US to China in 2 days.

However, there is something weird/fishy about what the Chinese pay to ship things. Are there some government subsidies perhaps?

I say this because there are numerous products on eBay priced at $1-2 that ship for FREE from China. Granted it takes 2 weeks or more, but eventually the product transfers from the Chinese to the US postal system for the last half of the journey and I assume USPS gets paid a portion of the shipping cost. It costs me around $2 to send a padded envelope weighing 3oz anywhere in the US. How the heck do these companies in China ship a product to the US for less than $2 + the cost of the product? I know I am talking about USPS vs UPS, DHL, etc., but perhaps there is something that allows them to save on shipping that we don't know about.

that's just china post shipping (similar to usps post office first class shipping here), they have different durations starting at 2 weeks and going all the way 6-8 weeks.  The price is very cheap, that's what those ebay sellers are using.

However bitmain ships his stuff 2-3 day express and it's not a small package. So he's not using china post. There are not other options in china. You either go with one of the western shippers or ems, all very expensive.

i honestly dont know how he can make money selling those S3 units so low. Probably just dumping inventory towards the end to recoup the cost. As every minute those miners sit in the warehouse the price drops.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
awaygotroubles

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:36:31 PM

I'd almost rather Bitmain ship the S4 without a power supply included. It would make them cheaper to produce and ship. It's not like most miners don't have several sitting around and it would also allow us the opportunity of choice.
Xeil

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:10:08 PM

Without power supply S4 will be more profitable to buy. It would be nice to offer the option without a power supply. I think many would agree with me.
TheJuice

Activity: 840
Merit: 608

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:30:18 PM

How many newbs are left out there buying crazy high priced gear. Seems like that market shouldve been saturated long ago.
ImogenV

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:32:52 PM

When one orders from bitmaintech, is there a choice of shipping options / couriers?
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:35:53 PM

Yes new ember have fun

They want to spent money without real reason finally
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

When one orders from bitmaintech, is there a choice of shipping options / couriers?
You can choose UPS, DHL or EMS (not sure I have the last one right but it is the chinese mail service like USPS)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:27:09 PM

Still think these wont be sold at loss?

I feel sorry for bitcoin community, especially for the miners. They mine and want to support btc so they hold, but they got tricked into an arm race (competing with the miner manufacturers) they must "spend" all their mined coins to "upgrade". Thus in the end, all the money go into manufacturer's pockets. Meanwhile, these farms are dumping coins and price keeps going down.

The worse part? bitcoiners keep getting into this mining scheme. I hope one day, they will know that the bitcoin economy is leaking and hardware vendors are getting richer (in fiat money). Bitcoin price can drop to single digit, and i'm sure there are still idiots out there buying miners.
ImogenV

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:29:29 PM

You can choose UPS, DHL or EMS (not sure I have the last one right but it is the chinese mail service like USPS)

Are they all a two day service?

I am in the UK and wondering if the machine was to cost just over BTC3
how much would the custom / duties be per S4?
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:30:52 PM

Are they all a two day service?

I am in the UK and wondering if the machine was to cost just over BTC3
how much would the custom / duties be per S4?

I will save you some wasted times: You're in UK, you're not gonna make any money by mining.

If you want to gamble, buy lottery ticket.
ImogenV

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:49:53 PM

I will save you some wasted times: You're in UK, you're not gonna make any money by mining.

Because I am in the UK? I rent a property from a friend and I am fortunate enough not to have to pay for electricity.

I understand the current difficulty, but I would still like to give it a go.
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:55:51 PM

Because I am in the UK? I rent a property from a friend and I am fortunate enough not to have to pay for electricity.

Yes, even with free electrity....(btw dont call your landlord a friend when you're clearly ripping him off).

I've seen suckers like you come and leave so many times.

4 months from now, you will become a hater and troll this forum.....Use that money and spend or invest into something you really care about.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:01:16 PM

seriouscoin is serious.   Grin
Gogreen

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:03:27 PM

My guess is 1.9 to 2.4 for s4

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:04:39 PM

I feel sorry for bitcoin community, especially for the miners. They mine and want to support btc so they hold, but they got tricked into an arm race (competing with the miner manufacturers) they must "spend" all their mined coins to "upgrade".
Sometimes I wonder if I'm one of the only (now) smaller miner that actually doesn't spend all of their mined coin on HW.  I have a very nice BTC stash and invest a marginal fraction into new HW.  I also don't buy anything new until I've recouped the initial outlay on my current HW.   It almost reminds me of all the drug dealers I knew in my teenage years.  All of them making so much money, rolling around in expensive cars partying their asses off.  Well, at the end of the day when that gig is up, all of them are broke.  Not a single one saved even a small percentage of the money they "earned".  They could have been set for a long time if they hadn't been so quick to buy new a Mercedes and bottles of Grey Goose at the bar.  How many miners are in this exact same cycle?

Thus in the end, all the money go into manufacturer's pockets. Meanwhile, these farms are dumping coins and price keeps going down.
Yes, and people here keeping feeding the beast.  There are a few exceptions to the rule, but watching people shoot themselves in the foot to buy 5 10 20 new miners because "OMG NEW!" is both entertaining and saddening.

The worse part? bitcoiners keep getting into this mining scheme. I hope one day, they will know that the bitcoin economy is leaking and hardware vendors are getting richer (in fiat money). Bitcoin price can drop to single digit, and i'm sure there are still idiots out there buying miners.

+1
ImogenV

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:22:44 PM

Yes, even with free electrity....(btw dont call your landlord a friend when you're clearly ripping him off).

I've seen suckers like you come and leave so many times.

4 months from now, you will become a hater and troll this forum.....Use that money and spend or invest into something you really care about.

I only wanted some help with my question about import / duties cost per S4.

Sometimes I wonder if new miners / newbie posters are afraid to post or ask questions
because they may not fit in with people that have more knowledge / posts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: