Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:42:58 AM

Should be on block 835230. That's the correct POST block.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:44:41 AM

Hello SolarCoin Community,

As you may have noticed, the fork occurred at 835000, a slight oversight on my part before leaving for a needed sanity button reset.

Here's what I need everyone to do.  Check your block height by hovering your mouse over the Sync/Staking icon.  At the time of this writing, you should be at height 835224.  If you are at a larger or lesser height, please go to File->Reload Blockchain, download the bootstrap and restart to get on the main chain.

If you have trouble getting the Download to work in the wallet, you can get it here: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/bootstrap.zip

To manually install the bootstrap, shut down the wallet, remove blk0001.dat and txleveldb in your data directory, extract the contents of bootstrap.zip, and move the contents to your data directory.

It looks like the 10% cap is working.  If you would like to share the results of your staking, please post them here.

-Steve

EDIT: We need as many wallets staking as possible to get the blockchain moving along a 1 bpm.

EDIT: If you are mining on 1.5, please turn off your miners as you will be wasting electricity on anything past 835000.

I am not doing that until all questions have been answered instead of ignored. Shall I repeat them all? Yes I will.
For now, I will stick to 1.5 and mining, current block is 835469, anything else is just a joke, and it was not all of us working hard and being worried here that did it look like a joke.

The current 1.5 node list to use in a SolarCoin.conf file along your wallet.dat for everyone who wants POST done and tested professionally before being implemented can be found here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!network

Thanks!

Hi y_virtual,

I have not been able to read all of the posts from the past few days.  If you have any unanswered questions, please post them here.  I will be monitoring the thread the rest of the day.

Current block height is 835225.  I know about the web server issues with reloading the block chain.  We will be moving the bootstrap to a more reliable server in the next release.  In the mean time, the manual bootstrap procedure above is the fastest solution.

More 2.0.3. nodes are starting to come online.  We need everyone on 1.5 to upgrade to 2.0.3 asap.

Note: Everything appears to be working with the interest rate cap.  This solution, I think, is going to work best for SolarCoin.  We may need to tweak it as the network matures in the next few days/weeks.  (PoST will run more smoothly as it matures.)  To alleviate any concerns, the first attempt at PoW to PoST was working as designed in the PoST protocol.  Its inflation model was not necessarily a good fit for SolarCoin, so caps had to put in place.

Thanks everyone,
Steve

Steve, you can't persuade anyone 2.0.3 is working properly, if you haven't read the questions and answer them. So as a starter, please take the time to go through the posts, prepare with the answers, and I will also take the time to go through the posts again and repeat the questions, then will expect your answers.
Thanks!

just a note: we are currently at block 835662

Or you can just repeat the questions. It's much easier to have them in one place rather than to waste time having to parse every post from then till now. If you can't remember what they were, then you are in question.

Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:45:46 AM

I'm on block 835,230 and it's staking well. I've earned a couple of small payments and one that was a little nicer in the wallet with the older coins in it. Cheesy

EDIT: Also, the paper wallets I uploaded are all still intact. Everything seems to be working well and it doesn't look like I missed any kind of boat by being a few hours late getting my wallets turned back on.

Looks good to me. Smiley

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:50:37 AM

Steve, How is the Block Explorer work going with CryptoID?

y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:53:18 AM

As you may have noticed, the fork occurred at 835000, a slight oversight on my part before leaving for a needed sanity button reset.

Here's what I need everyone to do.  Check your block height by hovering your mouse over the Sync/Staking icon.  At the time of this writing, you should be at height 835224.  If you are at a larger or lesser height, please go to File->Reload Blockchain, download the bootstrap and restart to get on the main chain.

If you have trouble getting the Download to work in the wallet, you can get it here: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/bootstrap.zip

To manually install the bootstrap, shut down the wallet, remove blk0001.dat and txleveldb in your data directory, extract the contents of bootstrap.zip, and move the contents to your data directory.

It looks like the 10% cap is working.  If you would like to share the results of your staking, please post them here.

-Steve

EDIT: We need as many wallets staking as possible to get the blockchain moving along a 1 bpm.

EDIT: If you are mining on 1.5, please turn off your miners as you will be wasting electricity on anything past 835000.

I am not doing that until all questions have been answered instead of ignored. Shall I repeat them all? Yes I will.
For now, I will stick to 1.5 and mining, current block is 835469, anything else is just a joke, and it was not all of us working hard and being worried here that did it look like a joke.

The current 1.5 node list to use in a SolarCoin.conf file along your wallet.dat for everyone who wants POST done and tested professionally before being implemented can be found here:

Thanks!

Hi y_virtual,

I have not been able to read all of the posts from the past few days.  If you have any unanswered questions, please post them here.  I will be monitoring the thread the rest of the day.

Current block height is 835225.  I know about the web server issues with reloading the block chain.  We will be moving the bootstrap to a more reliable server in the next release.  In the mean time, the manual bootstrap procedure above is the fastest solution.

More 2.0.3. nodes are starting to come online.  We need everyone on 1.5 to upgrade to 2.0.3 asap.

Note: Everything appears to be working with the interest rate cap.  This solution, I think, is going to work best for SolarCoin.  We may need to tweak it as the network matures in the next few days/weeks.  (PoST will run more smoothly as it matures.)  To alleviate any concerns, the first attempt at PoW to PoST was working as designed in the PoST protocol.  Its inflation model was not necessarily a good fit for SolarCoin, so caps had to put in place.

Thanks everyone,
Steve

Steve, you can't persuade anyone 2.0.3 is working properly, if you haven't read the questions and answer them. So as a starter, please take the time to go through the posts, prepare with the answers, and I will also take the time to go through the posts again and repeat the questions, then will expect your answers.
Thanks!

Or you can just repeat the questions. It's much easier to have them in one place rather than to waste time having to parse every post from then till now. If you can't remember what they were, then you are in question.

Of course I said I will repeat the questions, here it is "...and I will also take the time to go through the posts again and repeat the questions, then will expect your answers."
I put a lot of effort trying to figure out what the issue may have been, and this is how testing is done, regardless of anyone's (including mine) opinion.
Since it is really important to come up with a working POST release, I can't even think of NOT putting as much more effort as needed to eventually have all questions answered and only then proceed with the implementation.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:56:06 AM

-Steve

Thanks!

Hi y_virtual,

Thanks everyone,
Steve

Thanks!

Of course I said I will repeat the questions.
I put a lot of effort trying to figure out what the issue may have been, and this is how testing is done, regardless of anyone's (including mine) opinion.
Since it is really important to come up with a working POST release, I can't even think of NOT putting as much more effort as needed to eventually have all questions answered and only then proceed with the implementation.

I agree to a point. Things are being very carefully watched right now. I don't see anything wrong with triple checking the logic, but I also don't see why things need to be halted right now. It appears to be functioning properly.

onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:07:28 AM

Do I need to re-load the blockchain if I'm below Block 835,000?

EDIT: Or can I just let it catch up?

Yes, please reload the blockchain.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:10:27 AM

Hi Epiphany,

I'll have to look at that tomorrow.  Too much going on at the moment.  I know it's an important item for everyone.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
y_virtual

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:11:52 AM

-Steve

Thanks!

Hi y_virtual,

Thanks everyone,
Steve

Thanks!

Of course I said I will repeat the questions.

I agree to a point. Things are being very carefully watched right now. I don't see anything wrong with triple checking the logic, but I also don't see why things need to be halted right now. It appears to be functioning properly.

Simple answer: here is Nick's post, and I am sure everyone would agree this is how things are done to work:
"Attention! The Fork has a serious flaw in it. Many more coins are being created from staking than intended leading to an inflationary scenario.

I am reaching out to Steve the developer to do the following.

1. diagnose the scale, scope and cause of the problem.
2. identify the best case solution.
3. Propose and get consensus from the community that the solution is desired and effective.
4. Deploy the solution ASAP."

The cause of the problem in point 1. has not been named exactly.
What was pointed out as a cause did not match the results we saw, so that could not have been the cause. Reference to the POST document only raised more questions, I will now put them in one place and re-post. By expecting the answers first I don't think we are halting things. We are halting the rush to do 2, 3, 4 without having done 1.
onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:12:30 AM

Current PoST block is 835233.

-Steve

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:17:43 AM

What was pointed out as a cause did not match the results we saw, so that could not have been the cause. Reference to the POST document only raised more questions, I will now put them in one place and re-post. By expecting the answers first I don't think we are halting things. We are halting the rush to do 2, 3, 4 without having done 1.

I thought it was addressed. Post was working as intended, but the algo didn't fit well with Solarcoin, so it was modified with a hard cap. Anymore technical than that and my eyes will begin to cross.

I again restate things are being carefully watched and triple checking the logic now is a good idea.

y_virtual

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:29:04 AM

I thought it was addressed. Post was working as intended, but the algo didn't fit well with Solarcoin, so it was modified with a hard cap. Anymore technical than that and my eyes will begin to cross.

I again restate things are being carefully watched and triple checking the logic now is a good idea.

A solution was introduced, yes (capping the interest rate), but the results we had could not have been achieved by any intended parameters of the algo. That's why some of the questions are trying to make it clear if the parameters were wrong, or the algo implementation was wrong, or the issue may be somewhere else. In any case, a solution without first figuring out the problem causing those results, is no solution at all.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:36:37 AM

A solution was introduced, yes (capping the interest rate), but the results we had could not have been achieved by any intended parameters of the algo. That's why some of the questions are trying to make it clear if the parameters were wrong, or the algo implementation was wrong, or the issue may be somewhere else. In any case, a solution without first figuring out the problem causing those results, is no solution at all.

I have a strong feeling that the mathematical error was caused through anomalies in the math due to the nature of switching from pow to pos. Few people were running the wallets and the software couldn't cope. It looked like a mathematical overflow error. I have some experience in programming, older machines, but the principles are the same and the same kind of errors occur when you overlook a detail like that.

y_virtual

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:45:05 AM

Hi Epiphany,

I'll have to look at that tomorrow.  Too much going on at the moment.  I know it's an important item for everyone.

-Steve

"Too much going on at the moment."
Steve, please believe this - no one here expects you to do it all now. Everyone here needs this done right and working right. It is a very complicated, new, never-done-before process/system, we all know that, and are here to work on it together and make it work. Rushing things brings up results which are not good, and this is the most natural thing of all. No rush, man! Let's make it work right.
onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:47:55 AM

Yay, just received an interest payment of 13.68 SLR! Outstanding! Smiley

+1

Still waiting on mine...

-Steve

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:55:44 AM

Steve, until the block explorer is up and running, would you mind sharing now and again (like every few hours or something) what block the proper chain is on so people can get some comfort that their wallets are working OK?  Smiley

onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:59:56 AM

I have a strong feeling that the mathematical error was caused through anomalies in the math due to the nature of switching from pow to pos. Few people were running the wallets and the software couldn't cope. It looked like a mathematical overflow error. I have some experience in programming, older machines, but the principles are the same and the same kind of errors occur when you overlook a detail like that.

That's a good layman's explanation, though there is no mathematical error in the code.  PoST was designed to transition from PoS, not PoW, so with very few people staking, those that did receive interest got the lion's share to meet the inflation target.  If all 34M (or a good portion of them) were staking, we would have reached our target of 2+% inflation in a mater of a couple days.  The interest payments still would have seemed "high" initially.  It depends on your philosophy concerning network security.  PoST was designed to incentivise staking to secure the network.  If fewer people are staking the rewards are higher.  But the goals of the SolarCoin foundation were not met by issuing such large rewards, so the cap was introduced to help meet those goals.

-Steve

onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 02:04:00 AM

Hi Epiphany,

-Steve

"Too much going on at the moment."
Steve, please believe this - no one here expects you to do it all now. Everyone here needs this done right and working right. It is a very complicated, new, never-done-before process/system, we all know that, and are here to work on it together and make it work. Rushing things brings up results which are not good, and this is the most natural thing of all. No rush, man! Let's make it work right.

Thanks, y_virtual.  I'm not rushing things, though I would like to have the block explorer working more than anyone, I suppose. Wink  Such a useful tool.  I have narrowed the issue to the transaction hash returned via RPC calls.  Which tells me it's hashing the new nTime txn data when it's not supposed to.

-Steve

onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 02:05:15 AM

Steve, until the block explorer is up and running, would you mind sharing now and again (like every few hours or something) what block the proper chain is on so people can get some comfort that their wallets are working OK?  Smiley

Sure, currently the master node is on block 835235.  We just need more people to stake.

-Steve

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 02:13:00 AM

So if the Bittrex wallet has been disabled this whole time, that means all the SLR currently on the offer side are good coins to buy right? We just won't be able to send them back until Bittrex get the POST wallet up? Or is there some risk that people still running the 1.5 wallet have some roundabout means of listing coins for sale? There has been trading taking place, it looks like it is possible to buy them. How to be sure which ones are being listed?

I feel like I want to buy some more now that this big hurdle has been cleared. Grin Or I could just be patient... LOL

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: