Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 04:41:52 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just remove signatures already. As in delete, disable, gone.  (Read 44184 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1694

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:11:06 PM

i have nothing to say anymore to your trollish post, i find your post more useless than mine, why i should bother with you? but since, you're provoking i'll respond

i don't care anymore of what people say, your complain don't count shit, the same as the other guy under you(or above you now) who think that , i care if my name will be remembered by anonymous user on the internet...

the mods are the ones who decide in the end, all this no-sense it's pointless

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1274

# Free market

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:17:45 PM

oki, so it seems, that the Useless user called Amph will never ever come back again or reply...he did his useless post, post is counted, so why he should even bother himself..?

I don't want to "defend" him but if the admin have not banned him then I think there is a reason behind that choice, or am I wrong?

admin also didn't banned accounts, which are owned by "companies" like BlackArrow, KNC or BFL. I can also see, that accounts with dozens trusted negative feedback notes are not banned at all.

I'm not sure, if your argument is valid at this point, because bans (at least based on my personal impressions) are more or less rare event here..

I was one of the users who were 'wearing' a sig-ad so I know what you are feeling now... you are angry because he is posting so much and you no (right?). However for the question about the scammer(s), it is a simple concept : if you would ban an user who have scammed someone, you will not (obviously) forbid him to create a new account.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:27:53 PM

I was one of the users who were 'wearing' a sig-ad so I know what you are feeling now... you are angry because he is posting so much and you no (right?)

nope, I'm angry, that even interesting discussions are flooded with 90% of useless posts and the Useless user is the most visible one..I had nothing against him personally at all. As I already mentioned earlier, he is literally product of current set of rules (almost no moderation, pay per post, no post cap)

I'm basically fine with signature campaigns concept generally (because I know, that there is almost no way how to stop it), but I simply hate, that majority (and yes, it is about 70-80%) users here posting just to post something and they don't give a flying fuck, what they composed. Just check some threads here, read them post by post (you can use the one posted few lines above as example), and you will maybe realize, what is the point.

When I joined, it was really different, now it slowly become post-hunt uncontrolled nest..
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:28:19 PM

I disagree with the OP. Lots of good discussions going on everywhere. He just cant find them.

Thank you for your most valuable input.  Roll Eyes

I see way too many posts from people (especially bit-x people) that don't read any of the posts in the thread and post something indirectly related to OP's post to seem like they are engaging. Normally, they never return to topic.

I'm not saying disable signatures but more liberal use of bans wouldn't be bad idea either. That might discourage this type of "thread fluffing" spam.

Yes, the spam is annoying, but when you look at the bigger picture, signatures campaigns truly are good for the community. Now, call me biased because I personally am enrolled in a signature campaign, but the fact that there are programs out there that allow anyone to earn an honest amount of BTC just for participating in community discussion is great. Sure, it may lead to a bit of spam, but it's much easier to ignore the spam then ban the concept that is, in my opinion, one of the greatest goods in the community.

lol you took something you could say in one line and turned it into a paragraph by repeating yourself. *clap* enjoy your .001.

The reality is that signatures don't promote discussion. If you really want to talk about BTC, getting paid to talk about it won't make your comments more interesting or more pertinent to the discussion.

It's awesome to get money for sitting on your computer and posting on a forum but don't bullshit and say it enhances the community or is "one of the greatest goods in the community"  Roll Eyes Come on

"Now, call me biased because I personally am enrolled in a signature campaign, but the fact that there are programs out there that allow anyone to earn an honest amount of BTC just for participating in community discussion is great."

Signature programs allow anyone enthusiastic about Bitcoin to get on without investing any money. Of course, there are other ways to earn considerable amounts of Bitcoin, most notably by providing special skills or services. However, for people who don't offer anything marketable to the community, signature campaigns are the next best option for getting involved. More than anything, that's why I feel they should be allowed and why I feel it is a positive feature of the community.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
redsn0w
Legendary

# Free market

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:58:51 PM

I was one of the users who were 'wearing' a sig-ad so I know what you are feeling now... you are angry because he is posting so much and you no (right?)

nope, I'm angry, that even interesting discussions are flooded with 90% of useless posts and the Useless user is the most visible one..I had nothing against him personally at all. As I already mentioned earlier, he is literally product of current set of rules (almost no moderation, pay per post, no post cap)

I'm basically fine with signature campaigns concept generally (because I know, that there is almost no way how to stop it), but I simply hate, that majority (and yes, it is about 70-80%) users here posting just to post something and they don't give a flying fuck, what they composed. Just check some threads here, read them post by post (you can use the one posted few lines above as example), and you will maybe realize, what is the point.

When I joined, it was really different, now it slowly become post-hunt uncontrolled nest..

I agree with you when you said "but I simply hate, that majority (and yes, it is about 70-80%) users here posting just to post something and they don't give a flying fuck, what they composed." and this is one of the reason because I have removed the signature ad and I've stopped to participate to the sig. campaigns.

It is not our decision to say what is constructive or not, maybe the admin thought "he is not spamming useless posts, so I will not ban him to post or send personal message here in the forum" who knows?

redsn0w! You're the man! (or team)  If you..are...you.. lol

Im guessing so with the kookie pineapple avatar  Smiley

I used to use your jailbreak software all the time. Great work.

No you are wrong, however we're off topic.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:06:58 AM

oki, so it seems, that the Useless user called Amph will never ever come back again or reply...he did his useless post, post is counted, so why he should even bother himself..?

I don't want to "defend" him but if the admin have not banned him then I think there is a reason behind that choice, or am I wrong?

Amph does make qualitative posts but at the same time he spams. Mods may gave a warning to Amph or maybe they are in doubt whether to ban him or not.

redsn0w
Legendary

# Free market

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:23:40 AM

Amph does make qualitative posts but at the same time he spams. Mods may gave a warning to Amph or maybe they are in doubt whether to ban him or not.

I do not think the admin is in doubt to ban him or not, I think he is fine with his posts and for this reason the admin has never warned or banned him. It is really impossible to write all the time a 'qualitative" (or maybe constructive) post... because I think you know that constructive is a subjective thing.
BitUsher

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:12:12 PM

It really doesn't matter as you cannot blame the end users when a forums incentive structure supports such behavior. It is the environment that allows for paid signatures to exist that supports spamming. This issue isn't going away until that incentive is removed.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 09:24:12 PM

I genuinely hope you do complete your forum and I would certainly check it out, but I'm not sure how well it will work but I'm very interested to see if it will and how it does. If it's far superior to this one then I'm sure it will catch on. Again, good luck with it.  

I agree that you are probably right that getting rid of ad-sigs won't bring this forum back to what it was like in 2011/2012. A lot of people that used to contribute a lot of interesting stuff have left between 2013 and 2014 (whether they left due to the poorer quality content is hard to say).

The good people that left in 2013 and 2014 had to have gone somewhere, right? All of them didn't just decide to not participate in bitcoin-related conversation online. So where do you think they went - Reddit? Or maybe the really stayed and their contributions are being drowned out by the increased volume and noise?

Good luck with your forum, hopefully it serves the right purpose for you and others.

P.S. CIYAM, I hope I'm not on your ignore list so you can see this. Genuine questions deserve genuine answers...

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:29:33 AM

you know that numbers of posts != spam right?
what if someone can "spam" constructive post all day?

uhh what, did you even read what are you posting here?

funny comparison:

ChartBuddy (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110685)  - Automated posting Bot  - created 2013-05-03 - posts: 16174

Amph (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99297) - the Useless user - created 2013-04-13 - posts: 15743

Was just catching up on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126245.msg11902928;topicseen#new and see my answer being repeated by sigspam shitposters. Sure nuff, it's that user.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1694

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:27:36 AM

you know that numbers of posts != spam right?
what if someone can "spam" constructive post all day?

uhh what, did you even read what are you posting here?

funny comparison:

ChartBuddy (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110685)  - Automated posting Bot  - created 2013-05-03 - posts: 16174

Amph (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99297) - the Useless user - created 2013-04-13 - posts: 15743

Was just catching up on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126245.msg11902928;topicseen#new and see my answer being repeated by sigspam shitposters. Sure nuff, it's that user.

no you're wrong i didn't even check your post, i directly answered the OP, i know that ssd can sync faster because i actually have the 850 pro and i sync in less than an hour the whole blockchain

i even said this multiple times in another threads, so at worst i've copyed my old post and not your

thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:41:53 PM

well i think that's how the world works
there are just some greedy people out there who wants to earn bitcoin
so much that's why they spam using signature campaign
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:05:44 AM

Seriously who cares about the signatures anyway, let anybody do what they want with their signatures.

I don't like the authoritarian view of just disabling it because 1 person doesn't like it. People need to be more tolerant between eachother, otherwise this forum can fall into tyrrany lol  Cheesy

mashcom

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:25:27 PM

Bump
P-Funk

Activity: 356

Token

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:59:08 PM

Reducing signatures to simple text without size and color tags seems to be long overdue. I agree with the negative effects pointed out in the OP but I think simple signatures, even if they're ads, can still have a place here. Just make them less like attention grabbing banner ads and hopefully their value as adspace will go down, with the result of less low-quality postcount++.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1862

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 03:13:32 PM

The good people that left in 2013 and 2014 had to have gone somewhere, right? All of them didn't just decide to not participate in bitcoin-related conversation online. So where do you think they went - Reddit? Or maybe the really stayed and their contributions are being drowned out by the increased volume and noise?

As I basically don't really bother with other forums (this one was really the first that I've ever spent much effort on) I can't really answer that but for sure I do not see regular posts from many that used to contribute regularly previously (so they are not just being drowned out but are no longer posting much if at all).

Good luck with your forum, hopefully it serves the right purpose for you and others.

We'll see - and progress is going well - initially it is probably just going to start out as a decentralised Blog platform for crypto projects to use (and I've already had some interest in it from a couple of major projects).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 04:30:29 AM

I know it will look like I'm defending signatures because I'm wearing one but that's not the case, I couldn't care less if there weren't any paid sigs anymore. It is true that a lot of posts feel forced but I think it's rather obtuse of you to not want to see past that. That's like saying only people that have something to pass down should have children, it is snobbish and downright stupid. Good posts are there same as they've always been, so what if there is more small talk?
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:55:03 AM

i agree that it is cause a lot of useless spam but i still like to see such active forum as compare to others. I was invovled in an active forum previously and it was ranked top 5 in my country. However, somehow it just didnt stay that way and now it is basically dead with top post like 10 per 3 days(beside the regular moderator/contributor). There is basically no respond when you post anything. So i feel that the signature is a good way to keep this forum alive.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 12:59:33 AM

how would u find my blog if there was no signature here? Smiley

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1162

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:33:16 AM

'Signature spammers' are a problem. Stupid, short, not thought out posts are a problem. There is nothing wrong with people typing out constructive posts though. Who cares if they're wearing a signature as long as their posts are constructive & on topic in the relevent thread?

This forum would likely be dead without signature campaigns, the bitcoin price has been about as active as an 85 year olds sex life for a while now so the forum has become quieter.

Signature campaigns keep this place lively.

I totally agree about signature spammers being annoying & they should be banned but most good signature campaign managers kick those people off their campaigns any way.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.