Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderation of (possible) FUD and insults  (Read 15057 times)
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 03:17:49 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 06:23:25 PM by mprep

Topic locked as the unofficial list of rules covers the material: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

After receiving a lot of PMs about this subject, seeing a lot of reports of this kind and after one of the global mods PMed me with suggestions regarding this topic, I thought that I should cover it:

Possible (or real, not for me to judge) FUD, accusations or statements are NOT moderated.

Moderators don't moderate for truth. However, trolling isn't allowed. If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited. However, such cases should be thoroughly documented in the report (There are tons of reports that just say "trolling", but moderators don't have time to look through each user's post).

Possible (since we don't have the time or resources to check) insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

Possible scams aren't moderated either due to the fact that's it's extremely hard to make an unbiased decision on a limited amount of evidence and time. Moderators don't have time to be investigators.

Legal note: This is forum policy, not mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:23:03 PM by mprep

Moderators don't moderate for truth. However, trolling isn't allowed. If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited. However, such cases should be thoroughly documented in the report (There are tons of reports that just say "trolling", but moderators don't have time to look through each user's post).

That is perfect. I am sure you will have tough work to do it.

Insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content.

I am not sure if you are right here. There are much bigger insults constantly used as calling someone dumb and those should be sorted out fast.

But i have question. Is there punishment for those that continuously repeat this mistakes? Do they get temporary or permanent IP bans?
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 03:49:36 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:23:22 PM by mprep

That is perfect. I am sure you will have tough work to do it.

Insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content.

I am not sure if you are right here. There are much bigger insults constantly used as calling someone dumb and those should be sorted out fast.

But i have question. Is there punishment for those that continuously repeat this mistakes? Do they get temporary or permanent IP bans?
Updated the OP with a clarification:

However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

If you repeatedly break the rules, yes, you will get banned. When and for how long is really case-by-case basis.

Ngaio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:25:48 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:03:39 PM by mprep

Slander and insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

Do you really mean slander? There could be legal implications, certainly there are slander (and libel for print and other media) laws here in UK, and I'm sure variations of the same in other countries. Completely agree (FWIW) that if a potentially contentious statement is made it must be backed up with evidence.

Cheers, Ngaio
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:51:34 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:03:30 PM by mprep

Slander and insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

Do you really mean slander? There could be legal implications, certainly there are slander (and libel for print and other media) laws here in UK, and I'm sure variations of the same in other countries. Completely agree (FWIW) that if a potentially contentious statement is made it must be backed up with evidence.

Cheers, Ngaio
As far as I understand most laws only have laws regarding the expression of slander as it can be censored as it isn't considered any kind of creative, scientific or otherwise constructive expression. Aside from that, all legal matters regarding slander fall on the person who expressed it, since it's his decision.

Edited the post to change it to a bit more mild meaning.

ProGamer

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:58:37 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:03:14 PM by mprep

Communities attack people who say anything negative because these communities have money invested that could be lost. They don't care about the truth, they care about making $$$$.

Crypto currencies are a war of information.
spacelab

Activity: 528

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:12:30 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 05:16:18 AM by spacelab

Moderators don't have time to be investigators.

Synonym for moderator - investigator. How can you address a problem, situation [moderate] if you don't investigate aka have any idea of whats going on.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:35:29 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:02:38 PM by mprep

Then lets get more moderators. Clearly you are incapable of doing the job alone. Thanks.

Synonym for moderator - investigator. How can you address a problem, situation [moderate] if you don't investigate aka have any idea of whats going on.
Moderators moderate spam, they don't dig for evidence through the whole internet to check if a person's not lying. The forum policy is free speech - whether you lie or tell the truth, scam or not, is not our concern.

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:04:51 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:02:21 PM by mprep

good decision and mprep u seem to be doin a very good job cleanin up the alt part

~CfA~

spacelab

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:16:17 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:02:07 PM by mprep

Then lets get more moderators. Clearly you are incapable of doing the job alone. Thanks.

Moderators moderate spam, they don't dig for evidence through the whole internet to check if a person's not lying. The forum policy is free speech - whether you lie or tell the truth, scam or not, is not our concern.

We have algorithms that can remove spam... So what your saying is there is absolutely no need for moderators? Because free speech limits them from being able to hinder negative feedback loops?

You contradict yourself in saying - whether you lie... is not our concern; when previously you stated "Obviously false whatever" is what you moderate. How can you tell what is obviously false if you dont dig for evidence.
spacelab

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:21:38 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:01:48 PM by mprep

whether you admit to it or not, you are inefficiently serving the moderator role: whether it be lack of time on your part, or an inability to discern "obviously false information"

Clearly the alternate cryptocurrency forum is large enough to need more than one moderator. Many of the forums have three.
spacelab

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:22:53 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:01:36 PM by mprep

Also, what are the contingencies under which something is obviously false; therefore i may better understand the role of the moderators.

-enlighten me, please
zerocashdev

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:07:20 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:01:32 PM by mprep

I like that way mprep moderates the Altcoin area. I also like that they don't censor too much here. Keep up the good work.  Grin
Nikolai

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:48:29 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 05:00:11 PM by mprep

After receiving a lot of PMs about this subject, seeing a lot of reports of this kind and after one of the global mods PMed me with suggestions regarding this topic, I thought that I should cover it:

Possible (or real, not for me to judge) FUD, accusations or statements are not moderated.

(Possible) slander and insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

Scams aren't moderated either due to the fact that's it's extremely hard to make an unbiased decision on a limited amount of evidence and time. Moderators don't have time to be investigators

I've never seen slander so specifically addressed before. Is this your personal policy, or the policy of the forum? If the forum's policy, can you link me to a reference for it? If it's your policy, is your information available, or your lawyer's information? I'm aware of the forums free speech policy, so don't just use that a reference. Specifcally recognizing slander and saying it won't be removed is different from free speech, since slander is not covered under free speech laws. Did you get advice from a lawyer before posting this policy? Because you have probably opened yourself, and possibly the forum to legal liability depending on your answer to the first question.

Cheers, Ngaio
As far as I understand most laws only have laws regarding the expression of slander as it can be censored as it isn't considered any kind of creative, scientific or otherwise constructive expression. Aside from that, all legal matters regarding slander fall on the person who expressed it, since it's his decision.

No, since this forum allows people to post anonymously via proxies such as tor, and it's impossible to track them down, it falls on the forum to moderate it.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:56:35 PM

We have algorithms that can remove spam... So what your saying is there is absolutely no need for moderators? Because free speech limits them from being able to hinder negative feedback loops?

You contradict yourself in saying - whether you lie... is not our concern; when previously you stated "Obviously false whatever" is what you moderate. How can you tell what is obviously false if you dont dig for evidence.
There is a difference between "lying" and "obviously false nonsense". One is indistinguishable or requires quite a bit of time to investigate it, while the other can be noticed from first glance. You've taken out the "obviously false" phrase out of context. If you find it hard to see the difference between the two, is again, not my problem.

whether you admit to it or not, you are inefficiently serving the moderator role: whether it be lack of time on your part, or an inability to discern "obviously false information"

Clearly the alternate cryptocurrency forum is large enough to need more than one moderator. Many of the forums have three.
I was asigned here to clean up trash, not dig through a hay pile to find a needle. If you feel someone is posting false information, use the "Ignore" feature or counter his posts. Also if the dev has a self moderated thread, he can "ban" (ask him to leave) users from posting in it. If he keeps doing posting in the self moderated thread, PM theymos or BadBear to have him banned.

Also, all global mods and admins can delete posts forum-wide including here, and patroller mods can delete newbie posts forum-wide as well.

Also, what are the contingencies under which something is obviously false; therefore i may better understand the role of the moderators.

-enlighten me, please
Posting about a coin adressing it with a different, unrelates name name (constantly, post after post, calling xcoin by the name of yyycoin for no reason), talking about a completely different algo (PoW, instead of PoS, for example constantly posting something along the lines "Why didn't you stop the PoW phase?" when the coin is pure PoS and always was).

Possible (or real, not for me to judge) FUD, accusations or statements are not moderated.

(Possible) slander and insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

Scams aren't moderated either due to the fact that's it's extremely hard to make an unbiased decision on a limited amount of evidence and time. Moderators don't have time to be investigators

I've never seen slander so specifically addressed before. Is this your personal policy, or the policy of the forum? If the forum's policy, can you link me to a reference for it? If it's your policy, is your information available, or your lawyer's information? I'm aware of the forums free speech policy, so don't just use that a reference. Specifcally recognizing slander and saying it won't be removed is different from free speech, since slander is not covered under free speech laws. Did you get advice from a lawyer before posting this policy? Because you have probably opened yourself, and possibly the forum to legal liability depending on your answer to the first question.

Cheers, Ngaio

No, since this forum allows people to post anonymously via proxies such as tor, and it's impossible to track them down, it falls on the forum to moderate it.
See the updated OP, it's said possible slander since we don't have the time to check facts nor the resources that allow access to some info. If the forum was to be asked to remove slander by the court descision or a police order, it would although that's not my concern. Also, it's forum policy, not mine. Can't provide a source and that's a thing I've been constantly reminding the staff of.

Just for possible legal concerns, I've edited out that part.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:30:45 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 11:40:34 AM by Spoetnik

This is precisely how i thought the rules were all along.
The clarification is a good idea to prevent you mods from getting spammed with reports.

This place is often used as a childish game of tug of war so any method of attack is used.
Such as attacking peoples Trust Rating here.
I've had plenty of people make up fake trades and leave me negative trust saying i stole coins from them.
This illustrates the childish and vindictive and extremely deceitful and CHILDISH behavior that goes on here.

If the rules were tighter it would catch more innocent people up in the net than actually help i think.. seems like a good balance in my opinion.

There is not a lot of free speech left on the internet these days so i ask people to bear that in mind.

Being able to tell some guy who screwed something up that he is a fucking idiot and laugh in his face is a privilege these days LOL
lots of kids won't have any clue that rules *used to be pretty lax across the web long ago and this Politically-Correct uptight bs is newer.
this newer generation of kids seem to think there should be a new Police force created.. one for Internet Trolling
..the ULTIMATE crime !

and... the ultimate way to screw someone over too !
make up some crap about a guy accuse him of trolling and get him banned.. then skuttle of laughing you fucked someone over schoolyard style LOL

90% of the internet Kiddiots seem to think Trolling is some phrase spoken and typed out on a web site that YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF..
It means something else entirely.. Google it Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
rugrats

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:17:01 AM

Possible (since we don't have the time or resources to check) insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.

Scams aren't moderated either due to the fact that's it's extremely hard to make an unbiased decision on a limited amount of evidence and time. Moderators don't have time to be investigators.

How will this be enforceable?
The sheer number of FUD and drama merchants around these parts will probably drown mods in reports.
Further, the following two sentences imply mods will have enormous arbitrary leeway in enforcements.

• If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited.
• insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic.

Despite your protestations, @mprep, mods will have to become even more involved to be able to deliver learned judgements.
Opinions will be formed, and decisions will be shaped by these opinions. Individual subjectivity will determine the fate of alleged wrongdoers.

At the risk of being labelled as just another serial contrarian, this is just another knee jerk reaction from forum mods and administrators that once again ignores the root of the problem.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 02:20:01 PM

The sheer number of FUD and drama merchants around these parts will probably drown mods in reports.
Further, the following two sentences imply mods will have enormous arbitrary leeway in enforcements.

• If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited.
• insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic.

Despite your protestations, @mprep, mods will have to become even more involved to be able to deliver learned judgements.
Opinions will be formed, and decisions will be shaped by these opinions. Individual subjectivity will determine the fate of alleged wrongdoers.

At the risk of being labelled as just another serial contrarian, this is just another knee jerk reaction from forum mods and administrators that once again ignores the root of the problem.

By constant moderation.

The first one is quite clear - false nonsense would be information that disobeys common logic like claiming that "Xcoin didn't make me breakfast" or "Xcoin has attacked my house" when it's digital.

The second one explains that such posts like "this is crap" will be deleted, but posts like "this is crap. the dev didn't deliver on this promise which he stated <insert link here>" won't be.

Slight bias will always affect any action a person does that isn't based on clear rule set (the "2+2=4" type). The forum is just trying to decrease it to a minimum.

At the risk of being labeled as just another serial contrarian, this is just another knee jerk reaction from forum mods and administrators that once again ignores the root of the problem.

I'm not the one who makes the rules. In fact, this policy existed for quite a long time. The forum is based on freedom (mostly of speech) and tries to stick to it while remaining functional to those who want their opinions heard.

Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:05:16 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 05:19:20 PM by Decksperiment

I for one would like to thank whom-ever moderated my morning pains fairly today, considering I swear..

Swearing is only offensive (in my opinion) when used aggressively, I mean, I did walk through a busy wall street one day with an ex, and I thought my language was bad.. there are times when it's needed, and the best way in my opinion, to deal with swearing, is see who kiss's n makes up after a moment of madness..

But thank you bitcointalk for correcting the trolls abuse of the trust button and I hope ya get it together and clear out the scammers too, so that those who mine bitcoin on their own can hopefully use them one day knowing that trust is not as much required as it seems to be today.. I have faith that this site can do more than allow these people to blacken the name of the best start up currency of them all, and the one site that helped kick it off, dont be burnt by scammers.. just ban them..

But thanking you again.

A kin dae that, giez a joab lol..?
true-asset

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 08:19:14 AM

mprep: thank you for implementing these much needed improvements. These rules will help make BTCTalk a much more peaceful place in the future.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 01:24:36 PM

mprep: thank you for implementing these much needed improvements. These rules will help make BTCTalk a much more peaceful place in the future.
These aren't exactly new rules. It's something that existed for quite some time now and the only thing I did was posting and stickying it.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:34:09 AM

I was referred to this thread today by a forum moderator, after I sent 2 complaints about someone on this forum.  I am left still questioning why they have not reacted to MULTIPLE complaints about an individual on the SysCoin thread.  I have not yet ran into such an outright rude, immature and downright crude individual on this forum yet.....but yet he is allowed to continue attack people on here with unwarranted and INSANELY fowl language!

I am not one to be bothered in the slightest with typical name calling or cussing, but this dude is going WAY farther than any members of this forum should have to put up with!  I've been around some pretty crude people in my life, but this dude is out there!!

It is my understanding that the dev team has also requested this person to be banned from their thread, after he was asked NUMEROUS times to calm his words down.  It was just posted that they have requested this again today.  I hope this will be honored, I don't think it should be this difficult to remove a problem on this forum that is that large!!
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

I was referred to this thread today by a forum moderator, after I sent 2 complaints about someone on this forum.  I am left still questioning why they have not reacted to MULTIPLE complaints about an individual on the SysCoin thread.  I have not yet ran into such an outright rude, immature and downright crude individual on this forum yet.....but yet he is allowed to continue attack people on here with unwarranted and INSANELY fowl language!

I am not one to be bothered in the slightest with typical name calling or cussing, but this dude is going WAY farther than any members of this forum should have to put up with!  I've been around some pretty crude people in my life, but this dude is out there!!

It is my understanding that the dev team has also requested this person to be banned from their thread, after he was asked NUMEROUS times to calm his words down.  It was just posted that they have requested this again today.  I hope this will be honored, I don't think it should be this difficult to remove a problem on this forum that is that large!!
If this thread he was "banned from" is self-moderated, contact theymos. See bellow quote why:

If you ask someone to leave your topic and they keep posting, they will be banned. PM me in such cases.

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:34:18 AM

this place has always been a place with great freedom of expression.  thanks for keeping it balanced, but more importantly, as uncensored as possible. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
coldcryptos

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

Efforts to keep things clean don't go unappreciated. Can be difficult with an online community sometimes.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 10:23:35 AM

Ok, I know about "renting" one's sig space, and  even "selling" account but this new one takes the cake -- professional trolls.

I know of a thread where by all reasonable appearances someone hired a professional troll service to spread FUD all over the thread, while ironically trying to promote a product.

So here's my question: "do you permit professional troll services?"

Oh, and the team so far is 6 to 7  deep.  
If you can prove he was hired or it can be seen from the first look that he's constantly posting nonsense, then he will get banned.

Also promotion of other products in threads is considered ad spam and off-topic and thus not allowed.

mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Ok, I know about "renting" one's sig space, and  even "selling" account but this new one takes the cake -- professional trolls.

I know of a thread where by all reasonable appearances someone hired a professional troll service to spread FUD all over the thread, while ironically trying to promote a product.

So here's my question: "do you permit professional troll services?"

Oh, and the team so far is 6 to 7  deep.  
If you can prove he was hired or it can be seen from the first look that he's constantly posting nonsense, then he will get banned.

Also promotion of other products in threads is considered ad spam and off-topic and thus not allowed.

Wow, so professional troll services are permitted; shame.

When you condone dishonesty and deceit by allowing it in policy it drives goodness away leaving you only with evil.

The cryptocurrency industry is being crippled by the inordinate abundance of scams you should do what you can to eliminate them not codify them.

Where did you see me say that? I, in fact, said, if you can prove he participates in such service, the troll will get banned. If you are talking about scams, we don't moderate the due to possible abuse, huge volume of said occurences and in most cases non-solid evidence. However, any service that promotes/encourages/gives incentive for breaking the rules is not allowed.

dodouuu

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:58:23 AM

Don't so nervous.The real FUD post has no substantial content.
If you believe the FUD, then prove you still need to learn.Learn to judge true and false.These can only rely on yourself, can't rely on the strength of others. Smiley

Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:45:25 PM

How many threads are allowed to cover the same topic? I see 7 threads on the front page right now all making accusations against Dan Metcalf and Blocknet.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:31:03 AM

How many threads are allowed to cover the same topic? I see 7 threads on the front page right now all making accusations against Dan Metcalf and Blocknet.
I think Dan should take legal action against the owners and administrators of this forum. Which may mean the end of this forum, but it's wrong to for the admins to not take some responsibility.
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:28:21 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 01:28:34 PM by KimmyF

Is there any tech in place on BCT to prevent people from making several new accounts?

Am going to bump my own question, really want to know! Remember reading somewhere it is not allowed. But is it enforced in any way?

Also: Is it according to the MODs an option to prevent a newbie account, just minutes old, to open a thread?

G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:38:08 PM

7 you say?

its a fucking joke.

edit: and that is a quote from spoetnik yesterday, sure there is more since then.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
NoMoreLies

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:25:21 PM

7 you say?

its a fucking joke.

edit: and that is a quote from spoetnik yesterday, sure there is more since then.

One of those threads was mine, but I agree this amount of threads is completely unnecessary.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:51:27 PM

Blocknet..
They refused to let people speak on their self moderated topic.
then when we tried to discuss it on one or two other topics they trolled and SPAMMED it hard !

proof of this is moderators having to delete 18 comments from one guy alone who posted giant walls of white space to hide what we said.
This senseless trolling / spamming and name calling has flooded any topic with garbage i know i have been deleting their comments on my self moderated topic !
They line up to flood them with name calling and nothing else.

This causes more topics to be made because people can not speak with out being trolled and spammed.. flooding, causing a diversion and insults.

so surprise surprise they wander off here and started crying playing innocent LOL

guys playing dumb about Trolling and spamming i have been reporting you while come to this topic and cry..
whining about people TALKING like adults while guys act like 2yrd old's name calling & spamming ? seriously ? that is rich ahahhaa

UnicornFarts

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:06:35 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 10:53:55 PM by UnicornFarts

I agree.  

The issue of the backlash XC is facing is due to their claims of being transparent with a heavy heavy hand at self moderating topic.  Combine that with shady practices that have turned into an outright scam and their closed sourced software that makes unverifiable claims.  Throw in an ICO trying to raise $1,000,000 and a known pump artist and you have the explosion of topics FOR GOOD REASON.

Is there any tech in place on BCT to prevent people from making several new accounts?

Theymos has said he doesn't have a problem with multiple accounts.  Sometimes it allows the bringing out of news without people revealing themselves as targets.  For instance Dan threatening to sue people over revealing information he had a major interest in hiding.

I think Dan should take legal action against the owners and administrators of this forum. Which may mean the end of this forum, but it's wrong to for the admins to not take some responsibility.

Dan has used this forum to market his coin.  He has used it to market an ICO that has raised almost 300K.  If it was not for him posting on bitcointalk none of those things would have happened.  Your problem is that the's being held accountable here for his actions.

Tough luck.  You can't sucker people for money then get pissed and expect the bitcoin forum to censor them when they find out (or even if they just feel) like they are being ripped off.  It's part of asking for money on a public forum (duh).

The list of namecalling, threats, doxxing of Spotniek & outright nastiness has DEFIANTLY come from the XCurrency camp.  NOT those of us bringing out information you would prefer to stay hidden.

Can't believe you guys are in here bawling about it because you can't bully your wait thru a main forum.  And threatening to sue the forum owners.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

And the dev of Blockent is egging everyone on non stop on his self modded topic too (then deleting anything that challenges him)
he claims everyone is a photshop'ing dirt bag of sorts and denies all evidence = hence a problem LOL
it's called honesty !

read this..

Re: [ANN][Blocknet] The internet of blockchains / XBridge / true cross-chain P2P
Fudsters will FUD.

Scammers will scam and Liars will lie.

and Spoetnik will always be full of shit.... nothing new here, just trolls, fudders and Spoetnik....

Morning all

Have I been mistaken in reading Spoetnik's threads as parody?

I mean, they read like a parody of FUD - and a witty one. Some of them have been hilarious (like the Blocknet being scammy because we use "pictures" in the OP. Ha ha!).

Personally I thought he was trying to take the piss out of the fudsters who take themselves seriously.

Am I wrong?

then..

Re: [ANN][Blocknet] The internet of blockchains / XBridge / true cross-chain P2P
Do not respond to or discuss unverifiable FUD claims here.

Doing so only perpetrates more FUD, even (and especially) if you defend against it.

Unverifiable = ignore.

Moving on...

How is it unverifiable if you don't verify it by asking ?

Hityor_Petar

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:58:54 AM

This is true this Spoetnik guy has almost 8 threads of pretty much the same thing. Then a few of his friends made even more. Way too much. Delete most of them and keep 1 or 2. It's out of control.

rugrats

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:08:02 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 04:25:45 AM by rugrats

The moderation is basically a libertarian approach just as the whole BTC thing has a libertarian concept around it.
To the ill educated ones who cant quite grasp the sensible moderation approach please visit your local library and read everything.
Seriously?  Roll Eyes
Of all the places you would imagine the libertarian concept to be fully understood it would be here. But nah, we see
the same brainwashed hordes running around demanding their liberties be taken away from them.
Doesnt matter the reason, their always the same
Ultimately these people shoot themselves in the foot.

The mods approach is correct!

While there are a few libertarians on this board, they are in the minority - just like in real live.
As you stand on your pedestal castigating the "ill educated", keep in mind that

• [miners] are in complete control of Bitcoin's production in the absence of a central authority
• [miners] are remunerated proportionally for their effort
• The entire Bitcoin ecosystem is entirely dependent on a [consensus-based blockchain]

Now, replace
[miners] with [workers]
[central authority] with [factory owners, landowners, etc.]
[consensus-based blockchain] with [democratic blockchain]

What do you have? Limited socialism at play.

I also used to think the forum administrators were libertarians. Now I realize they are just apathetic.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 05:11:04 AM

Could we perhaps get this thread either deleted or renamed them?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411366.0

I've been asking various mods for MONTHS to get this sorted out as it is obvious trolling and every accusation was proven WRONG.  The poster even attempted blackmail, and then did the same with other developers.

It shows up near to the top of Google first page for a search of eMunie, I've put 110% of everything into this project, and its damaging,  Tbh that thread still being here with that title and first post content is wearing my patience thin and exacerbating my frustrations.

I'd be very grateful if something could finally be done about it.

Thanks.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 12:08:56 PM

Could we perhaps get this thread either deleted or renamed them?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411366.0

I've been asking various mods for MONTHS to get this sorted out as it is obvious trolling and every accusation was proven WRONG.  The poster even attempted blackmail, and then did the same with other developers.

It shows up near to the top of Google first page for a search of eMunie, I've put 110% of everything into this project, and its damaging,  Tbh that thread still being here with that title and first post content is wearing my patience thin and exacerbating my frustrations.

I'd be very grateful if something could finally be done about it.

Thanks.
That means that the mods you were asking didn't think it was trolling, neither do I. He posted it in a calm, constructive matter. Regarding the accusations being wrong (from this thread's OP):

Moderators don't moderate for truth.

junglecat

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:49:27 AM

Possible scams aren't moderated either due to the fact that's it's extremely hard to make an unbiased decision on a limited amount of evidence and time. Moderators don't have time to be investigators.

Trolling should be allowed because somebody is left judging if it is the "truth" or not. This obviously brings an abuse of power into the situation. Censorship leads nowhere.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 09:33:07 AM

Trolling should be allowed because somebody is left judging if it is the "truth" or not. This obviously brings an abuse of power into the situation. Censorship leads nowhere.
That's the thing - it's usually easy to spot blatant trolling since it breaks other rules (low quality post, no arguments, posting off-topic gibberish, etc.).

stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:04:30 PM

I fully understand that it would be impossible to moderate all the FUD, scams, etc that pop up on a daily basis. But why moderate/delete posts from legitimate altcoin exchanges that discuss coins being added to their marketplace?
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 10:06:36 PM

I fully understand that it would be impossible to moderate all the FUD, scams, etc that pop up on a daily basis. But why moderate/delete posts from legitimate altcoin exchanges that discuss coins being added to their marketplace?
See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718124.0.

mikeymillie

Activity: 370

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:01:07 AM

The moderation is basically a libertarian approach just as the whole BTC thing has a libertarian concept around it.
To the ill educated ones who cant quite grasp the sensible moderation approach please visit your local library and read everything.
Seriously?  Roll Eyes
Of all the places you would imagine the libertarian concept to be fully understood it would be here. But nah, we see
the same brainwashed hordes running around demanding their liberties be taken away from them.
Doesnt matter the reason, their always the same
Ultimately these people shoot themselves in the foot.

The mods approach is correct!

While there are a few libertarians on this board, they are in the minority - just like in real live.
As you stand on your pedestal castigating the "ill educated", keep in mind that

• [miners] are in complete control of Bitcoin's production in the absence of a central authority
• [miners] are remunerated proportionally for their effort
• The entire Bitcoin ecosystem is entirely dependent on a [consensus-based blockchain]

Now, replace
[miners] with [workers]
[central authority] with [factory owners, landowners, etc.]
[consensus-based blockchain] with [democratic blockchain]

What do you have? Limited socialism at play.

I also used to think the forum administrators were libertarians. Now I realize they are just apathetic.

It's almost as if Libertarian is a term for people who have Socialist views, but who refuse to recognize (or are just too self-centered to acknowledge) the economic input of a society larger than that which can be confined within the space of their own two footprints.  Anti-social Socialists, you might say. 
farrukh

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:13:30 AM

As alt cryptocurrency forum is large enough to need more than one moderator, so that they can manage the alt cryptocurrencies section in a better way.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 09:58:57 PM

As alt cryptocurrency forum is large enough to need more than one moderator, so that they can manage the alt cryptocurrencies section in a better way.
I'm not the only one moderating this section. All global moderators and admins can moderate (and do moderate) this section. Patroller mods moderate all newbie posts around the forum.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:09:29 PM

Then remove this thread. This is not only illegal hosting of private content, but way beyond what you guys should be allowing.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890221.0
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 04:15:16 PM

Then remove this thread. This is not only illegal hosting of private content, but way beyond what you guys should be allowing.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890221.0
I do not know how this relates to the thread, but just like I informed you via PM, contact theymos regarding any legal concerns.

farrukh

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:48:57 AM

I'm not the only one moderating this section. All global moderators and admins can moderate (and do moderate) this section. Patroller mods moderate all newbie posts around the forum.
Thats pretty good if all global moderators and admins are moderating this section.
LeongTap

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:04:47 AM

From: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.6340

I don't care about what its name is,I care about whether the pool mining issue can be fixed.

There is no issue. The coin was designed to make pool mining a ridiculous idea. If you pool mine then you will lose your coins. Unless you get into a pool that you completely trust. The likelihood of that happening is slim, which means that coins will be greatly decentralized. We may see a few small pools popping up, but they will not let in anyone they don't trust.  The coin is working perfectly as planned.
If you never mine at nonce-pool,please shut up!

I'm sorry, have you mined at nonce-pool? Do you know what is going on here? Perhaps your lost.
Yes,I do mine at nonce-pool.It works as well as any other coin with no difference.

Well since the pool function works perfectly go ahead and send me your login credentials.
Unless of course your lying, or you realize that I could steal from the other miners. But if neither of these things are true go ahead and send me the log in credentials. Once I take a picture to prove it to the world you can change your password and all will be well again.
Well since you have a dick,show us your dick,otherwise we'll believe you are an eunuch.Is this your stupid logic ?

Connection Info: sgminer -o http://mine3.spr.nonce-pool.com:4400 -u username.worker -p password

Currently payouts run once every 24 hours.

Contributor Shares
Rank    Donor    User Name    Shares
1       antonio8    20,944
2       zorbo    6,546
3       Admin    3,216
no Donation 0%-2% Donation 2% or more Donation
Contributor Hashrates
Rank    Donor    User Name    KH/s    SPR/Day
1       antonio8    18,483    43.405
2       zorbo    7,298    17.139
3       Admin    3,607    8.471
no Donation 0%-2% Donation 2% or more Donation
General Statistics
Pool Hash Rate    24830.280 KH/s
Pool Efficiency    97.91%
Current Active Workers    4
Current Difficulty    53.50000638
Est. Next Difficulty    50.71192957 (Change in 1 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)    1 minute 3 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)    2 hours 31 minutes 30 seconds
Est. Shares this Round    13696 (done: 224.2%)
Next Network Block    253,318    (Current: 253,317)
Last Block Found    253,088
Time Since Last Block    4 hours 7 minutes 31 seconds
These stats are also available in JSON format HERE
Last Found Blocks
Block    Finder    Time    Actual Shares
253088    antonio8    02/04/2015 14:49:09    3,460
253049    antonio8    02/04/2015 14:20:48    1,346
253034    zorbo    02/04/2015 14:10:04    36,500
252676    antonio8    02/04/2015 08:05:13    777
252665    Admin    02/04/2015 07:56:53    2,237
252639    antonio8    02/04/2015 07:33:26    908
252624    zorbo    02/04/2015 07:24:00    60,917
252271    chrysophylax    02/04/2015 01:34:55    9,744
252230    chrysophylax    02/04/2015 00:56:25    14,016
252196    zorbo    02/04/2015 00:01:22    9,705
Note: Round Earnings are not credited until 140 confirms.

https://i.imgur.com/Dg0LKMM.png

https://i.imgur.com/b2XLeqN.jpg

The solid proof of the existence of pools.  Wink

happy to see my old post surfacing again~  Grin

You deserve a reward for such bravery ! Cheesy

Now run and hide lest the burn you at the stake ! Shocked

Thanks ,hippie.
I've already been rewarded for my wise judgement.

I treat spr ,eps spr mn,as a perfect speculative tool,which gives people a high expectation to boost the price to go up and up day by day .

It costs me $16 power fee to mine 62K spr with 2 I7 cpu in the early months and sold them between 55k-67k sato before spr mn test was launched.

I deeply understand spr mn is totally a gimmick without any use,that explains why the price halved after spr mn test was launched.
Let's wait for the second round of big fall after official mn is released.  Grin

Say what you will about me and me not having any difference to this guy, but just to clarify so that i can do the same thing elsewhere, do the mods allow such spam ?

Quote himself

Quote himself again

Quote HIMSELF AGAIN AND AGAIN. Look at how long and distracting the post is intentionally made.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 09:46:33 PM

-quote snip-

Say what you will about me and me not having any difference to this guy, but just to clarify so that i can do the same thing elsewhere, do the mods allow such spam ?

Quote himself

Quote himself again

Quote HIMSELF AGAIN AND AGAIN. Look at how long and distracting the post is intentionally made.
Nope, quote pyramids are not allowed.

1024KB

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:08:24 PM

-quote snip-

Quote himself

Quote himself again

so that post should be killed then, got it Smiley
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 11:22:33 AM

-quote snip-

Quote himself

Quote himself again

so that post should be killed then, got it Smiley
It has already been deleted.

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:36:50 PM

Hello mprep

I'm part of the Darkcoin community and spend most of my time on BCT in the [ANN][DRK] Darkcoin | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW, Darksend and InstantX thread

As you would no doubt know, we've had many many examples of people posting FUD and undertaking concerted campaigns against Darkcoin. We currently have an individual who is posting lies and slander about the lead developer of Darkcoin, Evan Duffield and the Darkcoin community in general. Many of us have directed him to numerous posts and documents on why the issue he's constantly referencing isn't anything of concern to investors and the community and that it's something that was sorted long ago. But he's simply continuing on relentlessly determined to do damage.

INSTAMINE ALERT

Attention: The developers and insiders instamined 2+ million DRK in the first 48 hours of launch.

SCAM IN PROGRESS

I think it needs to be dealt with by a BCT mod.

regards

RenegadeMan

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:41:45 PM

Hello mprep

I'm part of the Darkcoin community and spend most of my time on BCT in the [ANN][DRK] Darkcoin | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW, Darksend and InstantX thread

As you would no doubt know, we've had many many examples of people posting FUD and undertaking concerted campaigns against Darkcoin. We currently have an individual who is posting lies and slander about the lead developer of Darkcoin, Evan Duffield and the Darkcoin community in general. Many of us have directed him to numerous posts and documents on why the issue he's constantly referencing isn't anything of concern to investors and the community and that it's something that was sorted long ago. But he's simply continuing on relentlessly determined to do damage.

INSTAMINE ALERT

Attention: The developers and insiders instamined 2+ million DRK in the first 48 hours of launch.

SCAM IN PROGRESS

regards

RenegadeMan
Read the OP:
Possible (or real, not for me to judge) FUD, accusations or statements are not moderated

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:46:04 PM

Hello mprep

INSTAMINE ALERT

SCAM IN PROGRESS

regards

RenegadeMan
Read the OP:
Possible (or real, not for me to judge) FUD, accusations or statements are not moderated

Okay, thanks. If you have any ideas on how to handle someone like this (apart from the usual everyone putting him on ignore) please let me know.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 05:59:43 PM

Hello mprep

INSTAMINE ALERT

SCAM IN PROGRESS

regards

RenegadeMan
Read the OP:

Okay, thanks. If you have any ideas on how to handle someone like this (apart from the usual everyone putting him on ignore) please let me know.
You can always suggest OP to close the old thread and open up a self-moderated one.

Gibbs187x

Activity: 126

Moon

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:15:40 AM

have a look here please some guy keeps bashing and posting in big red letters all the time hes starting to get on my nerves enough with the FUD 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985920.0

mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 10:47:18 PM

have a look here please some guy keeps bashing and posting in big red letters all the time hes starting to get on my nerves enough with the FUD 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985920.0
Wrong board. Plus he only posted one post from what I can see. Also, have you even read the OP of this thread?

Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:22:19 AM

If trolling is against forum rules, then kindley get that tit vod tae fuck..??
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:10:46 AM

If trolling is against forum rules, then kindley get that tit vod tae fuck..??

Stop trolling me, you brainwashed liar.   Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ryandanielt

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:44:18 PM

I support and agree with this 100% but I think its going to need to be taken a little bit farther.

I think that anyone that is caught supporting a "Scam" or known "Scammer" should also be moderated in such a way as ban or indefinite removal. This forum is about the crypto community and the scammer community is trying to take it over and action needs to be taken!

Crypto Ninja! Want my signature? Perhaps you want my avatar? Let me know Smiley
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:21:34 AM

I support and agree with this 100% but I think its going to need to be taken a little bit farther.

I think that anyone that is caught supporting a "Scam" or known "Scammer" should also be moderated in such a way as ban or indefinite removal. This forum is about the crypto community and the scammer community is trying to take it over and action needs to be taken!
From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0#post_faq:

Q: Why haven't you banned <insert scammer username here> who is an obvious scammer?
A: Possible (or real, not for me to decide) scams are not moderated to prevent moderator abuse. If we start picking out which ones we call "scammers" and ban, we would make a lot of decisions based on biased opinions.

Add in shaky evidence and the volume of possible cases and that is why we don't moderate scams. Also, did you actually read the OP. It says FUD is NOT moderated so taking it further would mean not moderating more stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: