Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
voodooman

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:59:36 AM

Great to see us back to "normal".
I like the biggish payments these days  Grin

Will the gone hashpower come back in a while kano?

Thanks and MINE ON!
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1844

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:00:58 PM

newbie question :
i have dust payments in my previous wallet , how and when i can received them ? i have access to the previous wallet but i stopped to use it.

When I (finally) send out the dust, and when I change the payouts for smaller miners to be weekly or monthly, the payouts will go to your current address when I process the payouts.

Though, if you mean you mined to an address, and not to an account, those dust payouts will go to the address they were mined to.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:07:44 PM

I like the biggish payments these days  Grin

Thanks and MINE ON!

Well I'm still processing 60 days of data (it's completed more than 21 days and 35 blocks from the start of September)
Once I complete that I'll report the results here (and to the large miners that left) and I guess we'll see if they come back or not.

I'm also going to have a zero-fee month coming soon to see if that will bring on board more miners.
More miners means less variance - and that's what's been the aim this year.
Seems like bad luck popped it's head up and destroyed that idea Tongue

The fact that we already have less than half the fees of slush seems to not bother anyone mining there, so the only way I can lower that is to temporarily have no fees Tongue
Obviously I'll announce things when they are ready ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
overcon

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

911 IT Admin. I keep 911 up so you get help ASAP!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 01:04:27 PM

Thanks and MINE ON!

Well I'm still processing 60 days of data (it's completed more than 21 days and 35 blocks from the start of September)
Once I complete that I'll report the results here (and to the large miners that left) and I guess we'll see if they come back or not.

I'm also going to have a zero-fee month coming soon to see if that will bring on board more miners.

The fact that we already have less than half the fees of slush seems to not bother anyone mining there, so the only way I can lower that is to temporarily have no fees Tongue

I dunno, I kinda like this pace / rewards.

Donate BTC to: 1PXBBTLqXQnT9qAyWsc51XGj2GUt4WW57x
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

A few things of note:

- If everything is behaving properly here at the pool, and luck is the only factor, it's only a matter of time before another "bad luck" block shows up.  With the lower hash rate here, the pool could easily go a week w/o a block and it'll still be "normal".
- Despite the last 4 blocks being significantly better than "normal" luck, the pool is still 1.52 blocks behind "expected" for the month.
- If luck is indeed the only factor, if/when pool rash significantly increases, you will receive more payments of lower value, more regularly, making your payouts a wash.  Aside from the transaction fee issue because of many small payments hitting your wallet (which can be worked around if you aren't in a hurry).

And lastly, on a different note, these next few weeks could be very interesting.  583 blocks to go until the next difficulty change, and, as of now, it's looking to be about 8% decrease in difficulty.  That's not only very good for the normal reasons, but also because the big fork comes not too much after that.  If a lot of BTC hash power flips over to the fork, block time on the "real" chain is going to slow down, big time.

Speaking of which, Kano, what are your plans for the pool regarding the fork?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:28:56 PM

Rewards are random ... as is luck.
People tend to see what they want, not the facts Smiley
Even correlation != causation.

voodooman

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:29:28 PM

Thanks and MINE ON!

I read about the data processing.
And I am a bit impressed that even in this situation you have a real concept for going through this and checking every possible thing
and make it transparent to the community!! I really appreciate this! Very cool and very reliable!

I can't imagine why we're not getting much more miners in our game.

Your plan with the zero fee month sounds good.
But maybe the problem is that the only way to get more miners here is to move them from another pool.
That's very difficult if the other pools are running fine.

Maybe you should do a bit more advertisement.  Roll Eyes  Grin
A bright shiny website in front with some pool facts or FAQ etc. maybe will bring some miners too.
For Login and config is the actual website absolutly fine and very straight.
But you know... it's all about the look and feel when a prospective new miner enters the website.

Another fact is that I searched last few days where i possibly could buy another miner (in germany or without getting trouble with duty or so).
But seems all sellers are out of stock. On ebay it's too expensive. So adding hashpower by ourselfs is even if you have space left a difficult job.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:38:52 PM

Thanks and MINE ON!

And I am a bit impressed that even in this situation you have a real concept for going through this and checking every possible thing
and make it transparent to the community!! I really appreciate this! Very cool and very reliable!

But maybe the problem is that the only way to get more miners here is to move them from another pool.

A bright shiny website in front with some pool facts or FAQ etc. maybe will bring some miners too.
But you know... it's all about the look and feel when a prospective new miner enters the website.

Another fact is that I searched last few days where i possibly could buy another miner (in germany or without getting trouble with duty or so).
But seems all sellers are out of stock. On ebay it's too expensive. So adding hashpower by ourselfs is even if you have space left a difficult job.

I prefer a raw basic website but fully functional and currently the website is pretty good. A lot of info that other pools wont publish. I am very happy with Kano pool is very transparent as you said.

I'd love to see the results of the processed data Cheesy
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

M
As before Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg23074074#msg23074074

PPOC

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:13:33 PM

Block! by dsppage Smiley
14.47 BTC
and a payout Smiley

last year I got 2 in a row here, with my 50Th thats pretty impressive. Maybe another? Anything is possible...

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:00:29 PM

Block! by dsppage Smiley
14.47 BTC
and a payout Smiley

Nice Block size! Cheesy
voodooman

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:11:48 PM

Thanks and MINE ON!

I prefer a raw basic website but fully functional and currently the website is pretty good. A lot of info that other pools wont publish. I am very happy with Kano pool is very transparent as you said.

I'd love to see the results of the processed data Cheesy

I meant maybe we need a bright shiny website in frontend and the actual website just in backend
or let's say we maybe need just a bling bling website for advertisement. ;-)

I like kano's site as is! No question.
tbonetony

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:14:52 PM

Thanks and MINE ON!

I am not sure 0-fee would achieve much as intended in this case. Kano pool is already with the lowest fee among the pools that are well known and established within the community. Eliminating that extra 0.9%, sure, can translate into an additional gain of 0.9% for miner rewards, but can anybody really tell the difference by looking? Whilst on the flip side, eliminating this income source to Kano brings me the concern of demotivating developer for better services.

IMHO, fee is not the issue.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
Norm49

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:25:30 PM

Back in with 75TH...let's see some chickens!

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:27:44 PM

I am not sure 0-fee would achieve much as intended in this case. Kano pool is already with the lowest fee among the pools that are well known and established within the community. Eliminating that extra 0.9%, sure, can translate into an additional gain of 0.9% for miner rewards, but can anybody really tell the difference by looking? Whilst on the flip side, eliminating this income source to Kano brings me the concern of demotivating developer for better services.

IMHO, fee is not the issue.

One thing I don't understand about Slush's pool is I keep seeing references to him long since abandoning support for it.  If that's true, is it just running on auto pilot and everything "just works"?  If so, why are so many people there?  It just doesn't make sense to me.

I can sort of understand how people end up at Antpool, as new folks just stick with the default and don't know any better.

But Slush, that I just don't get.   Huh

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:17:09 PM

This isnt' really the thread for it but..  Tongue

I think support is just abandoned on this forum in the slush thread. I haven't personally had experience of it but there is a support link on the web site for feedback/questions.

Slush was the first pool I mined at with my little block erupters @333mhs but I haven't had a payout from there in 3 years.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:28:31 PM

A few things of note:

- If everything is behaving properly here at the pool, and luck is the only factor, it's only a matter of time before another "bad luck" block shows up.  With the lower hash rate here, the pool could easily go a week w/o a block and it'll still be "normal".
- Despite the last 4 blocks being significantly better than "normal" luck, the pool is still 1.52 blocks behind "expected" for the month.
- If luck is indeed the only factor, if/when pool rash significantly increases, you will receive more payments of lower value, more regularly, making your payouts a wash.  Aside from the transaction fee issue because of many small payments hitting your wallet (which can be worked around if you aren't in a hurry).

And lastly, on a different note, these next few weeks could be very interesting.  583 blocks to go until the next difficulty change, and, as of now, it's looking to be about 8% decrease in difficulty.  That's not only very good for the normal reasons, but also because the big fork comes not too much after that.  If a lot of BTC hash power flips over to the fork, block time on the "real" chain is going to slow down, big time.

M

Would be more than a week with this current hash rate. 
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:44:11 PM

This isnt' really the thread for it but..  Tongue

I think support is just abandoned on this forum in the slush thread. I haven't personally had experience of it but there is a support link on the web site for feedback/questions.

Slush was the first pool I mined at with my little block erupters @333mhs but I haven't had a payout from there in 3 years.

Wrong thread for this. 

The only reason I posted my question was to compare and contrast, so that we can figure out why people are there, and not here.

M

Sp3cul8r

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:54:39 PM

@kano - thinking of joining your pool.  I know your luck has been down lately and its most likely normal.  However, I wanted to tell you something you probably already know... but just in case... i compared the block size of your last 150 blocks to Slush's last 150 blocks.  That's probably not enough of a sample size, but wanted to let you know your avg block size is 5% below Slushs.  Your code is not filtering any blocks out by size, is it?  I apologize if this has been brought up before.  I'm not trying to stir up any issues... I just know that this same issue existed with Slush awhile back, and they were filtering out blocks by accident.  Slush has since corrected the issue.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:05:16 PM

Block! by johndoe784r Cheesy ... and welcom to the acclaim board with your first block Cheesy
15.02 BTC Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 [1514] 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: