Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:10:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 [1748] 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350865 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3996

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:09:15 AM

Are you saying that we will see the final data for January ONLY when we will see the first block in February OR that the current posted data for January IS already final. If it is not final, maybe explain why not? Thanks.
The monthly blocks table is for blocks found in the month.
We won't find any more in January - so it's final.

I probably don't get how the the stats are being displayed.
It could be entirely my misunderstanding of some params.

Specifically, 21.68 ph in dec, 31.98 ph in Jan, 22% increase in Ph.
expected blocks: 6.8 in January vs 10.2 in Dec, a 32.7% decrease
Hashing power went up 22%, expected blocks decreased 32.7%
Yet, the network hashing power had the arithmetic average of 12.88 Zetah/s in Dec vs 18.56 Zetah/s in january, a 44% increase
I can't match the numbers with roughly 10% mismatch.
Mr.Joe

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:58:44 AM

did you take into account the change in difficulty?

Are you saying that we will see the final data for January ONLY when we will see the first block in February OR that the current posted data for January IS already final. If it is not final, maybe explain why not? Thanks.

Yet, the network hashing power had the arithmetic average of 12.88 Zetah/s in Dec vs 18.56 Zetah/s in january, a 44% increase

kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:12:18 AM

The first block each month includes shares mined at the end in the previous month after the last block found.
How much it overlaps depends on luck and pool hash rate.

Edit: yeah and difficulty as mentioned by Mr.Joe Smiley
(each month has 2 or 3 diff changes)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:22:04 AM

S9 too loud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCWhF8g8Rvw

You try it first and let me know... then I can quiet my 7 down...   :-)

I do not think the gravel is neccisary but, maybe it helps.

How safe is this?
I'd be very afraid keeping my antminer underwater oil Shocked
Is it really safe to try & use longterm o.o
Dunno how those fans would do after a week of spinning liquid instead of air

Looking for a signature campaign.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:43:21 AM

FYI, blokforge had 4 821's available in their feb batch (the expensive ones)
And march units available.

Bitmain still has T9+ in stock as well. $2008 USD

I Have no BCH, however. I would gladly get rid of these A6's and S7's for some T9's
Only thing besides the fact that they're more reliable than the S9 and ship within 10 days is that they're inefficient and have less chips than the old T9 (lower hashrate), making them a questionable buy even if you had enough BCH to purchase them. I'd hold off on buying miners for now.

I don't know too much about them other than what is advertised. Inefficient in what way, consistency or power wise?

I was going to wait and see what popped up on Ebay with the BTC price dropping and I'm sure plenty of folk panicking. I was wondering if either the S9's will be dropping in price with people trying to get out OR if the price goes up while the S7's continue to drop while people look for more efficient mining gear. It is interesting either way. That bullshit Tea company apparently canceled 1000 S9's too so we'll see what happens with those haha.
They're inefficient power-wise and I haven't heard much news about them recently.

I'm sure the price of S9s and miners all over the board will drop soon with people buying S9s for ~$6000 on eBay. It's just going to be a matter of when. Mining always gets interesting when profits crash and difficulty rises quickly.
lok8nusa

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:45:33 AM

S9 too loud?

How safe is this?
I'd be very afraid keeping my antminer underwater oil Shocked
Is it really safe to try & use longterm o.o
Dunno how those fans would do after a week of spinning liquid instead of air

Electrically, it's perfectly fine.

If you lose your coolant, your miner should shut down.

I'm wondering about the fans myself. They won't overheat, anyways.

Running one open-air after using it this way would be interesting. I suppose you could get all the oil out and off.

Coining bits since 2017 
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
savecrypto

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:00:49 AM

This is the longest wait for a block that I ever had.  Last month we were only supposed to get 6 blocks, maybe 4 in Feb. 2 in March, one in April, then ZERO?Huh  Not to be pessimistic but Huh  Anyone Huh
darkstars1

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:05:50 AM

I'm making a sacrifice to Cthulhu to get crack this block!

Since I'm still a newbie, here is a link to my block dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI0xfFNKWxs

fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:08:55 AM

This is the longest wait for a block that I ever had.  Last month we were only supposed to get 6 blocks, maybe 4 in Feb. 2 in March, one in April, then ZERO?Huh  Not to be pessimistic but Huh  Anyone Huh

Sorry, don't have my crystal ball with me to see the future. No one knows for sure what is going to happen in the future. If we did then we wouldn't be mining. We would be taking all our money invested in mining gear and putting it on the black/red roulette table.
Maus44

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:30:34 AM

Good song, with this motivation there is no way my Antminers WOn'T solve a block!
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:46:10 AM

The anime version of Nyarlathotep and Cthulhu Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07xoKmrPpg
Cthulhu is the red-head with black ribbons.
Nyarlathotep is the silver-haired main character.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:08:39 AM

The first block each month includes shares mined at the end in the previous month after the last block found.

First off, I allowed for difficulty change as I specifically mentioned in my post.

Second, no way our numbers for January are those that are currently on the website.
As you say, January numbers will be adjusted once the first block in February is found.
I expect the number at around 100%, maybe even lower, but NOT 116%.
116% number was there since the last block and it did not budge the week (or so) without blocks.
I fail to see the relevance of this number in such case.

qrnode

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:18:13 AM

S9 too loud?

You try it first and let me know... then I can quiet my 7 down...   :-)

What my wife said after watching the video

"I don't think the cables and adapters will hold up. Mineral oil dissolves a lot of things it touches. Maybe the metal will hold up, but I don't know about the plastic. Plus, the oil may get gummy as small particles start to mix with it.

Think about putting horses' manes & tails up. Mineral oil dissolves the rubber bands within a few days."

Uh she's always right...
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:19:57 AM

First off, I allowed for difficulty change as I specifically mentioned in my post.

Second, no way our numbers for January are those that are currently on the website.
As you say, they will be adjusted once the first block in February is found.
116% number was there since the last block and it did not budge the week (or so) without blocks.
The January number wont change.

As I said, it shows the stats for blocks found in January - not the hashing done in January.
The code works as: any block with a date of the month of interest, then it's numbers are included in the calculation for a given month.
The hash rate is easy:
 Elapsed = from the time of the last block of the previous month to the time of the last block of the current month.
 Hashes done = total hashes of each of the blocks in the month (including invalids before them of course)
 Hash rate = Hashes done / Elapsed

The next block found will be in February, so that wont affect the January numbers.

AerialGopher

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:21:43 AM

S9 too loud?

"I don't think the cables and adapters will hold up. Mineral oil dissolves a lot of things it touches. Maybe the metal will hold up, but I don't know about the plastic. Plus, the oil may get gummy as small particles start to mix with it.

Think about putting horses' manes & tails up. Mineral oil dissolves the rubber bands within a few days."

Uh she's always right...
she might be... after all mineral oil is petroleum based, and I can see that may interact with petroleum based plastic connectors and wires....
DOH  I hate it when your wife is right!

Maybe just submerge it up to the point just to the top of the hash boards and not any higher.  Not even the control board since that doesnt make any noise.  Use the fans from the antminers to blow air thorugh the radiator, ( With quieter ones anayways) that way the control board still sees a fan is spinning.

If you notice on the last part of that video, only one fan is at 240 rpm, and all others are at 0rpm.  AAnd we do not know if he actually logged into that particular S9 on his network...
Is a good idea to fry a bunch and make the global hasrate less...

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:23:03 AM

As I said, it shows the stats for blocks found in January - not the hashing done in January.
The code works as: any block with a date of the month of interest, then it's numbers are included in the calculation for a given month.
The hash rate is easy:
 Elapsed = from the time of the last block of the previous month to the time of the last block of the current month.
 Hashes done = total hashes of each of the blocks in the month (including invalids before them of course)

The next block found will be in February, so that wont affect the January numbers.

OK, I think I finally got it.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, it was helpful.
Grog!

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:58:04 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 12:27:22 PM by Grog!

The hash rate is easy:

OK, I think I finally got it.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, it was helpful.

I also find the current Monthly Statistics confusing/not relevant. According to january:

Code:
---------------------------- Monthly Statistics ----------------------------
UTC Month       Pool Avg        Blocks  Expected        Mean Diff%      MeanTx% CDF[Erl]        Luck%   PAPPS%
2018 January    31.98PHs        8       6.87    85.86%  132.04% 0.3817  116.47% 152.40%

what was the number of blocks expected for January? 6,87 ---> Looks like wrong, as the rest of the data for January.

This system of calculating only for last block is showing best luck possible calculated just when block is won. In the case of January it shows to be a extreme case. Of course January has been an very unlucky month... but.. it will always show green (good luck month) historically to the user giving "wrong" quick look information.

Last row (current month) in Monthly Statistics should be calculated daily, at my point of view, with a cron job so it doesn't give every day (except the day when block is found) "uncorrect" info for the month, as it is happening now.

Calculating last row daily would probide exactly the on-going stasts and the final stats for the month. That is, in my oppinion more useful for the user than the info linked to the moment when las block was won. In fact, for me knowing what happened in January, those Monthly Statistics, would seem to be wrong, if I would not know that they are linked to the last block won (in this month case skipping the last almost 10 days (1/3 of the month) BAD LUCK)... and well... As said, even knowing the related "trick" these stats for me seem to provide no use for the specific and extreme case of January.

I am not critisising, I am just sharing my point of view, because I would like a change there... to the daily Monthly Statistics's last row update cron task approach. That would make me happy! :-)
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:20:40 PM

this block has now moved to the 2nd hardest (from a difficulty standpoint) of any block in the past 88...

haha, we passed groundhog day... did the rodent see its shadow?
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:40:29 PM

Uh she's always right...
she might be... after all mineral oil is petroleum based, and I can see that may interact with petroleum based plastic connectors and wires....
DOH  I hate it when your wife is right!

Maybe just submerge it up to the point just to the top of the hash boards and not any higher.  Not even the control board since that doesnt make any noise.  Use the fans from the antminers to blow air thorugh the radiator, ( With quieter ones anayways) that way the control board still sees a fan is spinning.

If you notice on the last part of that video, only one fan is at 240 rpm, and all others are at 0rpm.  AAnd we do not know if he actually logged into that particular S9 on his network...
Is a good idea to fry a bunch and make the global hasrate less...
Your wife is right.  Here is another discussion on it and the recommendation to use silicon liquid.  Also talks about eating the capacitors - yikes!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1599088.msg16082485#msg16082485

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:02:54 PM

this block has now moved to the 2nd hardest (from a difficulty standpoint) of any block in the past 88...

haha, we passed groundhog day... did the rodent see its shadow?
4th Smiley

Code:
3rd 492867 2017‑11‑03 00:28:59 332.594% +
    492189 2017‑10‑29 10:56:16 107.460% Stale

1st 491758 2017‑10‑26 00:42:04 928.788%
2nd 491085 2017‑10‑22 04:35:54 875.193%

Pages: « 1 ... 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 [1748] 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: