Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 [1749] 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350825 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:26:09 PM

this block has now moved to the 2nd hardest (from a difficulty standpoint) of any block in the past 88...

haha, we passed groundhog day... did the rodent see its shadow?

Actually, it's Groundhog Day again--and will be until we CRACK THIS BTCLOCK!

Edit:
Quote from: InsideAddition.com
Punxsutawney Phil, the legendary groundhog forecaster of Punxsutawney, Pa., saw his shadow Friday, meaning the already bitter winter will continue for six more weeks.

^ Might be fake news, though. Not sure.

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
Sphere360

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:56:02 PM

Wow! It looks like we are getting close to that October block! On a positive note, BTC is up 9% today! Where is this blasted block?  Smiley
lakerunner22

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:11:20 PM

I think the days of home mining and small mining pools are coming to an end. If you cannot add hashing power to match difficulty you are just spinning your wheels. The mining manufacturers need to produce a 20THs miner at 1500w that is affordable for us to buy. This latest round from Ant and Canaan is just a money grab taking advantage of people looking for an answer. If things keep going at the rate they are now my 55THs operation will not be profitable after June 2018. If BTC goes back to $20K it will give me a few more months. If China bans mining the overpriced S9 will be worthless on the resale market. We went from 72 blocks in June to 8 in January you do the math.

Everyone with free electricity mine on! I am searching for answers if anyone has a plan.  
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:18:20 PM

I also find the current Monthly Statistics confusing/not relevant. According to january:

Code:
---------------------------- Monthly Statistics ----------------------------
UTC Month       Pool Avg        Blocks  Expected        Mean Diff%      MeanTx% CDF[Erl]        Luck%   PAPPS%
2018 January    31.98PHs        8       6.87    85.86%  132.04% 0.3817  116.47% 152.40%

what was the number of blocks expected for January? 6,87 ---> Looks like wrong, as the rest of the data for January.

This system of calculating only for last block is showing best luck possible calculated just when block is won. In the case of January it shows to be a extreme case. Of course January has been an very unlucky month... but.. it will always show green (good luck month) historically to the user giving "wrong" quick look information.

Last row (current month) in Monthly Statistics should be calculated daily, at my point of view, with a cron job so it doesn't give every day (except the day when block is found) "uncorrect" info for the month, as it is happening now.

Calculating last row daily would probide exactly the on-going stasts and the final stats for the month. That is, in my oppinion more useful for the user than the info linked to the moment when las block was won. In fact, for me knowing what happened in January, those Monthly Statistics, would seem to be wrong, if I would not know that they are linked to the last block won (in this month case skipping the last almost 10 days (1/3 of the month) BAD LUCK)... and well... As said, even knowing the related "trick" these stats for me seem to provide no use for the specific and extreme case of January.

I am not critisising, I am just sharing my point of view, because I would like a change there... to the daily Monthly Statistics's last row update cron task approach. That would make me happy! :-)

First of all, if you want daily luck projections, use one of the many calculators that are available out there.  For example, I just used one and it shows that the expected number of blocks for our average pool hash rate for the 31 days in January was 8.9 blocks.  We hit 8 blocks so I'm not sure how you can say January was a "very unlucky month".  For the month of January 8 out of 8.9 is pretty damn good in anybody's book so you people need to stop making off-the-cuff statements that are not based on anything but your emotions.

Second, The Monthly Statistics table is simply to show the actual blocks hit and how much work went into each one compared to what the expected would be at that instant.  It's not just simply another projection into the future...you can do that yourself.  Since we had 9 days of work at the end of January where no blocks were found, that work will be included in the first block hit in February's block line.
Leonid2806

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:34:29 PM

today we solve a block I can't wait for you
Grog!

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:45:20 PM

I also find the current Monthly Statistics confusing/not relevant. According to january:

Code:
UTC Month       Pool Avg        Blocks  Expected        Mean Diff%      MeanTx% CDF[Erl]        Luck%   PAPPS%
2018 January    31.98PHs        8       6.87    85.86%  132.04% 0.3817  116.47% 152.40%

what was the number of blocks expected for January? 6,87 ---> Looks like wrong, as the rest of the data for January.

This system of calculating only for last block is showing best luck possible calculated just when block is won. In the case of January it shows to be a extreme case. Of course January has been an very unlucky month... but.. it will always show green (good luck month) historically to the user giving "wrong" quick look information.

Last row (current month) in Monthly Statistics should be calculated daily, at my point of view, with a cron job so it doesn't give every day (except the day when block is found) "uncorrect" info for the month, as it is happening now.

Calculating last row daily would probide exactly the on-going stasts and the final stats for the month. That is, in my oppinion more useful for the user than the info linked to the moment when las block was won. In fact, for me knowing what happened in January, those Monthly Statistics, would seem to be wrong, if I would not know that they are linked to the last block won (in this month case skipping the last almost 10 days (1/3 of the month) BAD LUCK)... and well... As said, even knowing the related "trick" these stats for me seem to provide no use for the specific and extreme case of January.

I am not critisising, I am just sharing my point of view, because I would like a change there... to the daily Monthly Statistics's last row update cron task approach. That would make me happy! :-)

First of all, if you want daily luck projections, use one of the many calculators that are available out there.  For example, I just used one and it shows that the expected number of blocks for our average pool hash rate for the 31 days in January was 8.9 blocks.  We hit 8 blocks so I'm not sure how you can say January was a "very unlucky month".  For the month of January 8 out of 8.9 is pretty damn good in anybody's book so you people need to stop making off-the-cuff statements that are not based on anything but your emotions.

Second, The Monthly Statistics table is simply to show the actual blocks hit and how much work went into each one compared to what the expected would be at that instant.  It's not just simply another projection into the future...you can do that yourself.  Since we had 9 days of work at the end of January where no blocks were found, that work will be included in the first block hit in February's block line.

You disqualify my comment because "it is not so unlucky month" as I am saying and I am making off-the-cuff statement based on my emotions... WOW!

do You think it is ok to show WRONG data? or do really think that it is ok to read that January was a sightly lucky month? interesting!

wht happens if we dont win a block in whole february 2018? I guess February will not appear AT ALL in the Monthly Statistics table, right? Instead of showing the reallity: February 2018 was the unluckiest month EVER!!

OK... AMEN JESUS...
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:58:01 PM

Code:

You disqualify my comment because "it is not so unlucky month" as I am saying and I am making off-the-cuff statement based on my emotions... WOW!

do You think it is ok to show WRONG data? or do really think that it is ok to read that January was a sightly lucky month? interesting!

wht happens if we dont win a block in whole february 2018? I guess February will not appear AT ALL in the Monthly Statistics table, right? Instead of showing the reallity: February 2018 was the unluckiest month EVER!!

OK... AMEN JESUS...

You keep harping on future speculation and you want to change the Kano website to show speculation data.  The charts and data tables on the Kano web site are about displaying actual historical data; not speculation into the future about things that have not happened.  There's a huge difference.  Like I said, you can use any of the many calculators out there to do all the speculations and all the what-if scenarios you want.
lrowland21093

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:00:31 PM

The anime version of Nyarlathotep and Cthulhu Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07xoKmrPpg
Cthulhu is the red-head with black ribbons.
Nyarlathotep is the silver-haired main character.

Kind of like we are all stuck in the Force of Will world recently waiting to get a block on the Kano pool Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkNuW66uGfA
(Side note: I can't wait for this film to be released in 2018 - it looks amazing!)

Just to add fuel to the fire - luck is not something you can control - for every really bad unlucky 500% streak there is eventually a good under 100% streak.
It is just as likely you will have bad luck at another pool as here - in the end Kano does pay more per block.

Finally, there should be more miners coming on soon from those who buying 821s.  Personally, I will be adding about 40TH more soon!
Grog!

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:02:24 PM

Code:

OK... AMEN JESUS...

You keep harping on future speculation and you want to change the Kano website to show speculation data.  The charts and data tables on the Kano web site is about displaying actual historical data; not speculation into the future about things that have not happened.  There's a huge difference.  Like I said, you can use any of the many calculators out there to do all the speculations and all the what-if scenarios you want.

You are wrong. I am not speculating. I am predicting!

But well...  The person I would like to read my comment and to reply with his opinion is Kano
dkincaid

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:04:57 PM

I think the days of home mining and small mining pools are coming to an end. If you cannot add hashing power to match difficulty you are just spinning your wheels. The mining manufacturers need to produce a 20THs miner at 1500w that is affordable for us to buy. This latest round from Ant and Canaan is just a money grab taking advantage of people looking for an answer. If things keep going at the rate they are now my 55THs operation will not be profitable after June 2018. If BTC goes back to $20K it will give me a few more months. If China bans mining the overpriced S9 will be worthless on the resale market. We went from 72 blocks in June to 8 in January you do the math.

Everyone with free electricity mine on! I am searching for answers if anyone has a plan.  

I have been thinking about this same thing for the last couple of months as well. I'm in an even worse place that you with my 27TH hashpower and really not able to add more without a decent investment. With the difficulty increasing as fast as it is and the BTC value leveling off a bit I'll be done mining in the next few months. The question I'm wrestling with now is whether to stop now and sell my miners at a good price on eBay or wait until later this spring to do it and take a chance that I can't get as much for the miners. Either way, I'm a bit sad about it since I've only been mining for about a year and have enjoyed it a lot. I just don't see this being profitable for a small time miner for much longer. I'm wonder what others in our situation are thinking.
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:05:20 PM

It is getting crazy around here guys. Reminds me of being in the desert. Watching people lose their minds because of the heat. Next thing you know someone is going to say Kano is stealing the blocks...  Cheesy

Let's all take a minute to chill and mine on.
fjtropepe

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:08:38 PM

I have been thinking about this same thing for the last couple of months as well. I'm in an even worse place that you with my 27TH hashpower and really not able to add more without a decent investment. With the difficulty increasing as fast as it is and the BTC value leveling off a bit I'll be done mining in the next few months. The question I'm wrestling with now is whether to stop now and sell my miners at a good price on eBay or wait until later this spring to do it and take a chance that I can't get as much for the miners. Either way, I'm a bit sad about it since I've only been mining for about a year and have enjoyed it a lot. I just don't see this being profitable for a small time miner for much longer. I'm wonder what others in our situation are thinking.

Look at the ebay prices. Brand new ones are now selling under 3k. If you have been mining for a year with yours I am not sure how much you think you will make but I doubt it will be a "good price" as you say. Prices are dropping fast from the 6k price point.
bigolin

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

I'm thinking hit me up when you want to dump those miners
lrowland21093

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:24:18 PM

I mostly agree.  Right now it is more profitable to buy BTC directly on the market than to try and mine.  I am really torn - I really like mining at home but if it does not recover in the next six months, I'll probably sell all my miners and buy some coin directly.  I think home/small miners are kind of a rare breed anymore - we believe in Bitcoin's future almost no matter what happens to the price now. 
Any small trickle I get from mining is worth it as long I can afford the power.   I firmly believe in five years a bitcoin will be worth $30K or way more.
fjtropepe

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

I mostly agree.  Right now it is more profitable to buy BTC directly on the market than to try and mine.  I am really torn - I really like mining at home but if it does not recover in the next six months, I'll probably sell all my miners and buy some coin directly.  I think home/small miners are kind of a rare breed anymore - we believe in Bitcoin's future almost no matter what happens to the price now.  
Any small trickle I get from mining is worth it as long I can afford the power.   I firmly believe in five years a bitcoin will be worth $30K or way more.

It seems that every market is in a correction right now. The Dow shaved off 665 points. Worst day in Wall Street in two years. I checked my Apple stock and it is down to 160... lol  Everyone relax. The markets will finish the correction and we will be back on a steady clime once more. It just takes time.
robinsoz

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:38:29 PM

I mostly agree.  Right now it is more profitable to buy BTC directly on the market than to try and mine.  I am really torn - I really like mining at home but if it does not recover in the next six months, I'll probably sell all my miners and buy some coin directly.  I think home/small miners are kind of a rare breed anymore - we believe in Bitcoin's future almost no matter what happens to the price now.  
Any small trickle I get from mining is worth it as long I can afford the power.   I firmly believe in five years a bitcoin will be worth $30K or way more.

It seems that every market is in a correction right now. The Dow shaved off 665 points. Worst day in Wall Street in two years. I checked my Apple stock and it is down to 160... lol  Everyone relax. The markets will finish the correction and we will be back on a steady clime once more. It just takes time.

If the price continues to drop I might even buy some S9's - right now I mine with obsolete hardware when I have effectively free electricity - best miner at this time is an S7. Mining pretty continuously right now because it is winter - but that will change as things warm up this summer and then it will be only in the daytime when my brother's solar array has free power.

Edit: Sorry I quoted the wrong post in this posting - was intending to quote the post two posts back.
jeecom

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:41:28 PM

When luck is good, then PPLNS system is great to be on.   When luck is bad, then PPS is better.

Luck can change at a moments notice.    

I personally am not worried about luck.  My concern is what if something is broken and we can't find a block?   Computers and systems break all the time.

Another thing always bothered me as well.   Every time someone else finds a block, we have to restart our search.   Perhaps all the restarting is causing an issue?  

Again, forgive my ignorance.  
robinsoz

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:45:27 PM

When luck is good, then PPLNS system is great to be on.   When luck is bad, then PPS is better.

Luck can change at a moments notice.    

I personally am not worried about luck.  My concern is what if something is broken and we can't find a block?   Computers and systems break all the time.

Another thing always bothered me as well.   Every time someone else finds a block, we have to restart our search.   Perhaps all the restarting is causing an issue?  

Again, forgive my ignorance.  

I am new here - have been mining on Slush mostly before - but the search restart has always happened and has to happen with every pool. Looking at the historical distribution numbers they look about the same as what you see on a larger mining pool - just that the time between blocks has to be multiplied by a large factor (and the rewards when they do show up have to be multiplied by approximately the same factor). I have seen several blocks on Slush that were proportionally as long as this one, but with their higher hashpower you get through them in 7 hours or so.
luxMiner

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:45:42 PM

i figured it's time for a considerable change of qi so i needed to do something somewhat drastic. so i shaved my head, to my wife and daughter's dismay...

block coming up!

you're welcome! Smiley Smiley
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

Wow, one of my Avalons hit a 120 billion share. Highest for them after running for the last year, but still not a block - I think the random number generator is heating up!
Pages: « 1 ... 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 [1749] 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: